PDA

View Full Version : Al Davis excited by 2010 Raiders

polamalubeast
08-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Clayton: Raiders Camp Confidential
An improved defensive front seven is one of the reasons the Raiders' seven-year streak of 10 or more losses might end in 2010, John Clayton writes. Story

"I really liken this team a great deal to the team of 1980, in which the great Jim Plunkett pulled us out of the doldrums, took us to the Super Bowl as a wild card, and we had so many great players who eventually made their way into the Hall of Fame," Davis said in an interview with Sirius NFL Radio.

He said he sees some Plunkett in Jason Campbell, his new starting quarterback.

"I see this young Jason Campbell as a football player like I saw Jim Plunkett. He has everything. He was 13-0 in college, at Auburn, he can throw up the field, he can run, he's big, he's smart," Davis said. "I really predict great things for him. I hope he doesn't let me down. I don't think he will."

read more

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5454583

MasterOfPuppets
08-11-2010, 10:15 PM
"JaMarcus is a great player. Get ovah it." ..... Al Davis

sorry Al ... your credibility is shot.

BigNastyDefense
08-11-2010, 10:20 PM
"JaMarcus is a great player. Get ovah it." ..... Al Davis

sorry Al ... your credibility is shot.

Yeah. For sure. :crazy:

oneforthetoe
08-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Al is basing his optimism on his honest belief that Ray Guy, Kenny Stabler, and Art Shell are all going to have career years. He also fervently believes that with Terry Bradshaw, Joe Greene and the gang getting older his Raiders now have the edge over the Steelers. In his mind he can see Richard Nixon handing him the Lombardi trophy at this seasons end.

Galax Steeler
08-12-2010, 03:35 AM
Al Davis excited by 2010 Raiders
:jerkit:

Kaeg
08-12-2010, 06:17 AM
At least SOMEBODY is excited about the 2010 Raiders. Jason Campbell must be awesome!...........

vasteeler
08-12-2010, 06:24 AM
Al is basing his optimism on his honest belief that Ray Guy, Kenny Stabler, and Art Shell are all going to have career years. He also fervently believes that with Terry Bradshaw, Joe Greene and the gang getting older his Raiders now have the edge over the Steelers. In his mind he can see Richard Nixon handing him the Lombardi trophy at this seasons end.

:toofunny:

st33lersguy
08-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Apparently if you just get rid of aone of the worst QBs ever than you will go from 5-11 to playoffs. I also like how the organization and others have overrated Jason Campbell to overrate the Raiders

SirHulka
08-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Ain't senility grand?

HometownGal
08-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Ain't senility grand?

Say what? I can't hear you. :heh:

I don't know why, but every time I see Al Davis, I smell mothballs. :noidea:

SirHulka
08-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Say what? I can't hear you. :heh:

I don't know why, but every time I see Al Davis, I smell mothballs. :noidea:

or embalming fluid

HometownGal
08-12-2010, 09:11 AM
or embalming fluid

Or Polident. :chuckle:

Nadroj 20
08-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Mr. Davis you can be as excited as you want, it isnt going to matter when your team finishes like 4-12.

vasteeler
08-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Or Polident. :chuckle:

or the shit in his depends

SteelMember
08-12-2010, 11:03 AM
While I'm sure 'ol Al gets more excited by a brisk wind these days, the QB position alone had no place to go except up. :chuckle:

Jason Campbell can only help the cause. He's a much better QB... if you can even call that other guy a QB.

Anyway, Al will probably forget and say the same thing tomorrow. Poor Crypt Keeper.

fansince'76
08-12-2010, 11:09 AM

Brilliant! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: