PDA

View Full Version : Wheaton ready to take the next step

Psycho Ward 86
01-14-2014, 07:48 PM
Read more: http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Wheaton-ready-to-take-the-next-step-/a59ca702-2d0f-42f8-90ed-8532f87c22f3

Wide receiver Markus Wheaton wants to make an impact on the offense in 2014.
As receiver Markus Wheaton looked back at his rookie year, he said he had fun getting to do what he loves, which is playing football. There was just one problem. He wishes he would have played more, especially on offense.

Wheaton was hampered by a broken pinky finger on his right hand that required surgery and forced him to miss four games in the first half of the season. Once he got back on the field November 10 against Buffalo, his opportunities were limited as the fourth receiver behind Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery. And then another injury, this one to the middle finger on his right hand, slowed him down again.

“The injury set me back. I felt every time I took a couple of steps forward there was a setback with an injury,” said Wheaton. “That was frustrating. You can’t expect to go through the season without any injuries. That is always something that is going to happen I feel. I just kind of accepted it and dealt with it. There was nothing I could so I tried to get better while dealing with it. Hopefully in 2014 there aren’t as many setbacks so I can continue to progress.”