PDA

View Full Version : Steelers fan seeks injunction, says Chargers shouldn't be in postseason

vader29
01-09-2014, 11:34 AM
PITTSBURGH —A Pittsburgh Steelers fan is apparently so upset over the black and gold not making the playoffs that he's taking the issue to court.

On Dec. 29, referees failed to call an illegal alignment formation on the San Diego Chargers that would have allowed the Kansas City Chiefs another chance to kick a game-winning field goal.

Had the Chiefs won that game, the Steelers would have secured a wild-card playoff spot. Instead, the game went to overtime and San Diego won and moved on to the playoffs.

The Baltimore Sun reports that Daniel Spuck, of Mercer, Pa., has filed a motion against the National Football League for a temporary emergency injunction, attempting to oust the Chargers from any more postseason games.

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/sports/steelers/steelers-fan-seeks-injunction-says-chargers-shouldnt-be-in-postseason/-/11793880/23846908/-/yearsf/-/index.html#ixzz2pvKYglGX

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1003381/pages/steelers-fan-sues-nfl-over-team-missing-playoffs-p1-normal.gif

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1003381/pages/steelers-fan-sues-nfl-over-team-missing-playoffs-p2-normal.gif

fansince'76
01-09-2014, 11:37 AM
C'mon - I'd expect a Seahawks fan to pull something like this. This makes the whole damn fanbase look bad.

Dwinsgames
01-09-2014, 11:45 AM
just when you think you seen it all ....... something like this rears its ugly head

I understand being pissed off , but this makes over the top look normal ...

hell the guy does not even know the rules he is arguing over cracked me up the part where you get 1 challenge and if correct you can obtain another ..and Forefathers ?????? seriously ???????

and he really needs to use notepad and a printer at the very least

Dwinsgames
01-09-2014, 11:51 AM
it all just got a lot clearer .....

Despite the filing, it seems unlikely that Spuck's motion will move forward. Court records show that it was filed via inmate mail from the state prison in Mercer, Pa., and that Spuck hasn't submitted a filing fee.
In 1996, Spuck was convicted of third-degree murder and reckless endangerment and was sentenced to 11 to 22 years, according to court records.

from the wtae link in the OP

fansince'76
01-09-2014, 11:58 AM
it all just got a lot clearer .....

Despite the filing, it seems unlikely that Spuck's motion will move forward. Court records show that it was filed via inmate mail from the state prison in Mercer, Pa., and that Spuck hasn't submitted a filing fee.

In 1996, Spuck was convicted of third-degree murder and reckless endangerment and was sentenced to 11 to 22 years, according to court records.

from the wtae link in the OP

Looks like Mr. Spuck has been filling his incarceration time with law classes. :chuckle:

Steelman
01-09-2014, 11:58 AM
WTH! :crazy:

Moose
01-09-2014, 12:23 PM
3rd degree murder ? ! Holy crap ! 11-22 yrs.. Damn, he may be among us now ! I'm not saying anything about him.....LOL

Dwinsgames
01-09-2014, 12:36 PM
http://dockets.justia.com/search?query=DANIEL++SPUCK

23 cases filed

salamander
01-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Dude...really? :doh:

Psycho Ward 86
01-09-2014, 04:17 PM
this fuck is making us look so bad

st33lersguy
01-09-2014, 04:20 PM
This is so incredibly stupid! Move on for crying out loud!

stillers4me
01-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Mercer, Pa. is my hometown. :doh:

Ok....be honest. How many of us thought about doing this (for about 10 seconds) after that game. :chuckle:

ALLD
01-09-2014, 04:51 PM
They should execute him.

stillers4me
01-09-2014, 04:57 PM
New York City, New York (zip unkown) please have US marshal locate zip code :lol:

Dwinsgames
01-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Mercer, Pa. is my hometown. :doh:

Ok....be honest. How many of us thought about doing this (for about 10 seconds) after that game. :chuckle:

I wonder if we have met before LOL

I used to run around in the mercer area in the old days ( well outside of mercer , the Landmark Hotel , Jodies place , My Brothers Place )

this guy is in Mercer state penn , and that is all anyone needs to know when considering the source of the article

KeiselPower99
01-09-2014, 05:44 PM
What about an injunction on Goodell being the commish any longer

Edman
01-09-2014, 05:47 PM
What a mindless stooge. Then again, Steelers fans aren't any brighter than any other idiotic fanbase in the NFL.

Hey, if you're going to sue anyone, sue the team for losing to Miami in a Blizzard.

Chargers are in the playoffs, Steelers are on the couch. DEAL WITH IT.

fansince'76
01-09-2014, 05:50 PM
What about an injunction on Goodell being the commish any longer

Now that's one I could actually get behind...

X-Terminator
01-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Well, that's just great. :doh: Who does this guy think we are? Seahawks fans? Embarrassing. Yeah, I was pissed about what happened...still am, somewhat...but you won't ever see me or any other sane Steelers fan do something like this.

Texasteel
01-09-2014, 05:56 PM
One thing it might do, MIGHT do, is show the NFL in a bad light, and cause an up grade in the officials. Then again the NFL hasn't show any concerns about looking stupid in the past.

steeldawg
01-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Is that written in crayon??

steelreserve
01-09-2014, 06:21 PM
http://dockets.justia.com/search?query=DANIEL++SPUCK

23 cases filed

For what it's worth, it looks like about half of them are requests for a new trial and the rest are about prison conditions. Apparently, for some reason they wouldn't allow DNA evidence in the guy's original murder trial back in the 1990s, and he's been asking for it to be re-tested over and over, but he still can't get them to do it because the state didn't pass a law about using DNA for post-conviction appeals until 2002.

http://digitalcommons.law.villanova.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2638&context=thirdcircuit_2012

Not that he has a particularly convincing case ... his defense is that the wife was getting raped (by her ex) and stabbed the guy to death, and got stabbed herself in the struggle. Instead of he walked on his wife banging her ex and stabbed them both. Yeah, likely story.

Count Steeler
01-09-2014, 06:59 PM
I'll say the NFL makes damn sure the Chargers DON'T win the SB. I'll be shocked if they beat Denver and I fully expect some calls to conveniently go Denver's way, if they start to get into trouble.

As far as this guy goes, this is America. No law against stupid.

cold-hard-steel
01-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Hey man . the guy has plenty of time on his hands , and he obviously wants to do something constructive . Thought the play was legit , but after you f up a play , what do you do as a referee . Bury it 6 ft. under and move on . We put ourselves in the position to count on other teams in the first place . Not only does the guy have time on his hands , but at least he has spirit . When you are in a situation such as he is , why not make your day more lively ?

now he has something to look forward to .

NCSteeler
01-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Too bad this one dumbass prisoner is making us all look bad. Local news picked up this "news" story and glossed over the convict fact and focused on the upset Steelers fan. The media is killing me!