PDA

View Full Version : 8 Offseason Moves Pittsburgh Steelers Must Make to Compete in 2014-15

GBMelBlount
01-05-2014, 02:18 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers have missed the playoffs for two straight seasons for the first time since 1999 and 2000.

Not only do the Steelers want to get back to the playoffs, but they'd like to get there without having to rely on other teams to help.

After back-to-back 8-8 seasons, there are several steps the Steelers must take to get out of their .500 rut and again become the type of team that takes care of its own business and clinches a playoff spot on the field.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1907678-8-offseason-moves-pittsburgh-steelers-must-make-to-compete-in-2014-15

1. Extend Roethlisberger contract
2. Keep Todd Haley
3. Re-sign Jason Worilds
4. Re-sign Jerricho Cotchery
5. Keep Troy Polamalu
6. Relase Lamarr Woodsloth
7. Address defense in the draft
8. Draft a Wide Receiver

ALLD
01-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Draft a TE and OL depth. We need to score more points even if we kept the same defense. A better offense will take some of the heat off the D much like the 1978-79 Steelers did with the Mel Blount rule changes.

fansince'76
01-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Bleacher Report, LOL...

st33lersguy
01-05-2014, 04:01 PM
I think this offseason, the Steelers should try and coax a team picking in the top 10 this year to trade their first round draft pick for Woodley. It's worth a try given how dumb some organizations are, especially if that organization is fed reminders of Woodley's past greatness. It would remove dead weight and a lot of cap space and give the Steelers a much needed top 10 pick.

Mojouw
01-05-2014, 04:19 PM
I think this offseason, the Steelers should try and coax a team picking in the top 10 this year to trade their first round draft pick for Woodley. It's worth a try given how dumb some organizations are, especially if that organization is fed reminders of Woodley's past greatness. It would remove dead weight and a lot of cap space and give the Steelers a much needed top 10 pick.

At this point, I don't think that would even work in Franchise mode against the computer in Madden. In real life they would get laughed off the phone. A 30 year old LB with a large cap charge who has missed large chunks of the last couple of years with injuries? Maybe a 3rd or a 4th if there was a team that thought they were a pass rushing OLB away from a Lombardi, but a top ten? No way.

As others have said before on this board, Woodley is worth more to the Steelers at this point than to anyone else.

Dwinsgames
01-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Woodley is worth more to the Steelers at this point than to anyone else.

that says all that needs to be said about potential trade value IMO considering many do not even want him here

steelerdude15
01-05-2014, 04:58 PM
For once in my life, I almost completely agree with Bleacher Report... Other than the last note, I like what this writer said.

blackngldblood
01-05-2014, 05:21 PM
At this point, I don't think that would even work in Franchise mode against the computer in Madden. In real life they would get laughed off the phone. A 30 year old LB with a large cap charge who has missed large chunks of the last couple of years with injuries? Maybe a 3rd or a 4th if there was a team that thought they were a pass rushing OLB away from a Lombardi, but a top ten? No way.

As others have said before on this board, Woodley is worth more to the Steelers at this point than to anyone else.

I couldn't do anything but laugh out loud at this! I put Woodley on the trade block in franchise mode, and the only thing I could muster was a straight up trade with NE for Chandler Jones. I took it and ran! Lololololololololol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

GoSlash27
01-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Bleacher Report, LOL...

For real, This.

Dwinsgames
01-05-2014, 05:42 PM
For real, This.

they have been improving , hired a few new writers and are becoming more and more credible by the day ....

Curtis Popejoy is without question their best writer http://bleacherreport.com/users/2837772-curt-popejoy

GBMelBlount
01-05-2014, 05:44 PM
For once in my life, I almost completely agree with Bleacher Report... Other than the last note, I like what this writer said.

Agreed.

Pretty straight forward and accurate even with regard to keeping Cotchery being high on the list.

86WARD
01-05-2014, 07:58 PM
I like that list and even the order...

Psycho Ward 86
01-05-2014, 08:46 PM
i agree with all of those.