PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Mock Drafts.

Texasteel
01-04-2014, 05:17 PM
I always like to have the mocks in one place, just makes it easier for me so I will start a new thread for that reason.

Going to assume 2 3rd round comp picks as well.

Going to start with a couple of trades, I think we could us a CB, and a FS, so will try to work myself into position to get what I think could be a 1st round quality player in both positions in the 2nd round. There are a couple reasons I think Cleve. might be willing to trade up into the 15th spot, so will try and work a trade for their 1st (26), and their 2nd ( 4th pick in the 2nd round). Would then like to trade the 26th pick for early 2nd and 3rd round picks.

2a. Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech.

2b. Deone Bucannon, S, Washington St.

I believe that after the combines that both these players will work themselves into the early 2nd round,

2c. Shayne Skov. ILB, Stanford.
\
3. CJ Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa.

3 comp. Donte Moncrief, WR, Old Miss.

3 comp. James Hurst, OT, North Carolina.

4. Josh Mauro, DE, Stanford.

5. James White, RB, Wisconsin.

6. L'Damian Washington, WR, Missouri

7. Dakota Dozier, OG, Furman.

Dwinsgames
01-04-2014, 10:28 PM
I always like to have the mocks in one place, just makes it easier for me so I will start a new thread for that reason.

Going to assume 2 3rd round comp picks as well.

Going to start with a couple of trades, I think we could us a CB, and a FS, so will try to work myself into position to get what I think could be a 1st round quality player in both positions in the 2nd round. There are a couple reasons I think Cleve. might be willing to trade up into the 15th spot, so will try and work a trade for their 1st (26), and their 2nd ( 4th pick in the 2nd round). Would then like to trade the 26th pick for early 2nd and 3rd round picks.

2a. Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech.

2b. Deone Bucannon, S, Washington St.

I believe that after the combines that both these players will work themselves into the early 2nd round,

2c. Shayne Skov. ILB, Stanford.
\
3. CJ Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa.

3 comp. Donte Moncrief, WR, Old Miss.

3 comp. James Hurst, OT, North Carolina.

4. Josh Mauro, DE, Stanford.

5. James White, RB, Wisconsin.

6. L'Damian Washington, WR, Missouri

7. Dakota Dozier, OG, Furman.

hard to not like that mock , nice work

Texasteel
01-04-2014, 11:38 PM
hard to not like that mock , nice work

Thanks Dwins. My comp. picks are kinda iffy IMO. both players could easily go earlier in the 3rd round, but I think that a few of the big receivers will fall before Moncrief and that a couple of teams might go after the more speedy WRs.

I am hoping that the broken leg will cause Hurst to fall some. If that had not happened I think Hurst would have gone in the 2nd. He is a kid that could push his way into the starting line up, in time, or be a valuable back up on both the left and right side. Either way this would give us some valuable and needed depth.

Washingtons speed make him hard to ignore in the 6th round.

Dwinsgames
01-05-2014, 10:14 AM
yea no doubt you are relying on a few fallers but those things happen every year pinpointing who is the difficult part ... Hurst could very well be gone with our second pick ( that is where I place his value at anyways ) but there is a lot of tackles in this draft that we are ( me anyways ) looking to come off the board in round 1 and early 2 , if a few of those fall a bit anything is possible

Dwinsgames
01-05-2014, 10:08 PM
I think we should have a chance to move back in this draft a couple times and still make a selection in the first round and I think we can gather a couple 2nd round picks and perhaps a 3rd for the effort ,

that being said here is my latest mock ...

1-29 ) C.J. Mosley LB

2-15) Marcus Roberson CB

2-22 ) Kelvin Benjamin WR

2-29 ) C.J. Fiedorowitz TE ( I honestly feel he does not fall much further than this )

3-22 ) Bryan Stork C/G

3 comp ) Josh Mauro DE

3 comp) Kenny Ladler FS

4) Daniel McCullers DT

5) Max Bullough LB

5 comp) Antone Exum CB/S

6) L'damian Washington WR

7) Antonio Andrews RB

Shoes
01-05-2014, 11:12 PM
Dwins, what do you think about this little guy (De'Anthony Thomas) ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVmi_e6B7DU

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1883923-deanthony-thomas-officially-announces-he-will-enter-2014-nfl-draft

Psycho Ward 86
01-05-2014, 11:27 PM
^Gimmicky gadget role player like mcluster and tavon austin. some idiot is going to reach for him hard.

and damn dwins. i love that mock, but mosley needs to have some horrible combine numbers or have an off field altercation to drop that far imo. hell, he's got a chance to go before our original pick at 15

Aussie_steeler
01-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Great Mocks Tex and Dwin. Not sure which one I would take if forced to

Lets be honest. We know how this really works.

We put a guy like Moncrieff in the 3rd......... he gets drafted mid 2nd
We put Benjamin Mid 2nd............he goes top 20

I love all our early mocks because our CHOSEN few usually scream up the boards as the months progress.

On the flipside......its great talking with people who have a good draft eye.

Aussie_steeler
01-06-2014, 03:30 AM
You know I believe its the O's turn to pick in round one, but it is time for me to overdraft for the D

1-15 Justin Gilbert CB Ok. State 6'0 200'
2-15 Donte Moncrieff WR Ole Miss 6'2 215"
3 comp Michael Sam OLB Mizzou 6' 255'
3 comp Pierre Desir CB Lindenwood 6'1 205"
4-15 Josh Mauro DE Stanford 6'6 282"
5-15 James White RB Wisconsin 5'10 190"
5 comp Max Bullough ILB Mich St 6'2 245"
6-16 Ryan Groy OG/OT WIsconsis 6'5 320"
7-15 Jonathon Dowling FS W Kent 6'2 198"

Texasteel
01-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Nice Dwins. I'm afraid your right about CJ, If Iowa was going to loss anyway, I kinda wish he wouldn't have looked as good as he did. Good eye on Stork.

I like your draft Aussie. Seems like you always throw in a name that make me say," Hummmm, didn't really think about him. Don't know much about Desir except that he is suppose to fall about were you took him. Still love the Groy pick.

steeldawg
01-06-2014, 09:48 AM
I think we should have a chance to move back in this draft a couple times and still make a selection in the first round and I think we can gather a couple 2nd round picks and perhaps a 3rd for the effort ,

that being said here is my latest mock ...

1-29 ) C.J. Mosley LB

2-15) Marcus Roberson CB

2-22 ) Kelvin Benjamin WR

2-29 ) C.J. Fiedorowitz TE ( I honestly feel he does not fall much further than this )

3-22 ) Bryan Stork C/G

3 comp ) Josh Mauro DE

3 comp) Kenny Ladler FS

4) Daniel McCullers DT

5) Max Bullough LB

5 comp) Antone Exum CB/S

6) L'damian Washington WR

7) Antonio Andrews RB

Is kelvin Benjamin entering the draft? If so I like him a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1883923-deanthony-thomas-officially-announces-he-will-enter-2014-nfl-draft

Homerun hitter, great speed, would make a nice change of pace back and kick returner.

Dwinsgames
01-06-2014, 10:18 AM

I like him and think he earns a roster spot somewhere , he gives you quick strike ability but will have to be used in small doses to be effective in the NFL , not a guy who can take the pounding the NFL will deliver due to his small stature , but for me ( maybe not everybody ) if taking a flier on a small guy with limited snap count availability due to size I am looking at Archer first but like Psycho Ward said someone may reach for them both long before their value indicates because even with limited snaps they can be game changers

Dwinsgames
01-06-2014, 10:30 AM
and damn dwins. i love that mock, but mosley needs to have some horrible combine numbers or have an off field altercation to drop that far imo. hell, he's got a chance to go before our original pick at 15

you are right , sort of anyways ... Mosley could go top dozen but for every riser in the draft someone has to fall that being said ....

there are 8 tackles that are now getting some amount of talk as potential first round picks ( 2 more than a month or so ago ) also 2 guards and 2 S... if that alone comes to fruition there is a dozen players in itself couple that with 2 Cbs and 4 or 5 QBs there is damn near 20 picks right there and we still have not accounted for any WRs , TE, DT, DE , or Linebackers ..... will Mosely drop that far ? probably not but I think someone has to and it could be anyone

Dwinsgames
01-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Nice Dwins. I'm afraid your right about CJ, If Iowa was going to loss anyway, I kinda wish he wouldn't have looked as good as he did. Good eye on Stork.

I like your draft Aussie. Seems like you always throw in a name that make me say," Hummmm, didn't really think about him. Don't know much about Desir except that he is suppose to fall about were you took him. Still love the Groy pick.

Great job both of you ...... I get so fricken excited this time of year in anticipation ( now we have longer to wait due to not being in the playoffs and the draft pushed back a month , its going to be hell )

speaking of names that make you say hmmmmm......
here is a guy to try and find info on in your spare time ....

Joe Don Duncan TE Dixie State 6'5" 265ish I would not be shocked to see him come off the board in the late 4th

has invites to east west shrine game as well as the senior bowl that in itself for a Dixie state player is remarkable , I suspect he will chose the Senior bowl as for more recognition and if he can make a good showing there his stock could rise to the point of being the 4th or 5th TE taken in the draft because of his athleticism and size are a mismatch in the making dare I say unpolished Gronk or Diamond in the the rough ?

Duncan is number 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry2ctmj4nBo#t=178

71 grabs for 1,045 yards with 13 touchdowns in 2013

steeldawg
01-06-2014, 11:09 AM
is kelvin Benjamin coming out?

Dwinsgames
01-06-2014, 11:34 AM

I have not seen anything " official " but that is the thought of general consensus ....

SteelerFanInStl
01-06-2014, 11:35 AM

He hasn't announced either way yet as far as I can find.

Dwinsgames
01-06-2014, 01:15 PM
as a side note Scherff is returning to school and will forgo the draft ( had late first round potential at OT )

Texasteel
01-06-2014, 04:20 PM
as a side note Scherff is returning to school and will forgo the draft ( had late first round potential at OT )

I'm feeling a little bitter sweet on Scherff. I'm glad he's going back to Iowa, but I really think he could have been a player for us.

Thanks for the props. bud. The problem with my mock, as I see it, is that it could all fall in place, or get shot to hell half way through the 20s in the first round. If the draft was held today, I think we would have a shot at all these kids. Oh well, the first mock is normally just a starting place anyway.

Dwinsgames
01-06-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm feeling a little bitter sweet on Scherff. I'm glad he's going back to Iowa, but I really think he could have been a player for us.

Thanks for the props. bud. The problem with my mock, as I see it, is that it could all fall in place, or get shot to hell half way through the 20s in the first round. If the draft was held today, I think we would have a shot at all these kids. Oh well, the first mock is normally just a starting place anyway.

same can be said about any mock at this point ( unless you have really really low expectations ) ...

my mock prime example ...

Mosley could go top 12 , Benjamin could go in the first round or stay in school at this point , Bullough could go anywhere after the first part of the third , Exum in the fifth is a complete steel IMO and should probably go early to mid 4 and it only takes 1 team to fall in love with Washingtons measurable's to be long gone before the 6th ....

we just never know how they will unfold and as soon as you think ok this team is all we need to get past to get your target up trades someone and steal him away or 2-3 guys start falling and someone makes a move to get them from behind you and changes the entire ebb and flo of the entire draft .... don't ya just love it ? LOL I do

Steeltreal
01-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Im all for trading out of the 2nd , since we dont have a 3rd besides the comps. Once RD 3 starts ur hoping someone falls out of the top 100 , No thanks.

Id take Dion Bailey in the 2nd if we steal the top Wideout in the first

Psycho Ward 86
01-06-2014, 05:31 PM
i think a good question to ask ourselves is, which players will be drafted in front of us, with 100% certainty before its time to pick at #15?

I think Teddy Bridgewater, Jake Matthews, Derek Carr, Jadeveon Clowney, Khalil Mack, Anthony Barr, Blake Bortles are the only ones that are basically shoe ins to be drafted for sure by then.

I think the following guys that are drafted in between and around those players will really scramble draft boards and are subject to rising and falling in volatile fashion: CJ Mosely, Cyrus Kouandjio, Greg Robinson, Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Darqueze Dennard, Haha Clinton-Dix.

Personally i would be thrilled to have any of the following:

1) Haha Clinton-Dix
2) Mike Evans
3) Darqueze Dennard
4) Sammy Watkins
5) Cyrus Kouandijo
6) Marqise Lee
7) CJ Mosely
8) Greg Robinson

in that order. only listed guys that i think we have a realistic chance at without trading up

Texasteel
01-06-2014, 05:39 PM
What I am seeing so far, using Dwins, Aussies, LLTs, and my mock.

A CB as soon as possible.

An ILB as early as the opportunity matches the value.

A safety, same as ILB. keep an eye open for a falling CB convert.

Targets for Ben, A taller more physical WR, a TE that can catch and block. Hopefully both.

Line help on both sides of the ball. At least for depth.

Anxious to see more mocks to see if the trend hold up.

Steeltreal
01-06-2014, 06:10 PM

Targets for Ben, A taller more physical WR, a TE that can catch and block. Hopefully both.

u guys must have been in draft mode after that 0 - 4 start

Dwinsgames
01-06-2014, 06:22 PM
u guys must have been in draft mode after that 0 - 4 start

well started looking over last years underclassman notes in August , by October I was in full mode and I am ready for the Senior bowl NOW

LLT
01-06-2014, 07:40 PM
1. Darqueze Dennard, CB from Michigan State, 5-11 197 lbs. Considered a top 10 pick on a lot of boards but I think his value lies somewhere in the mid teens. Faster than scouts are giving him credit for. Can play man or zone and is not afraid to tackle. Would be Taylors eventual replacement.

2. Dion Bailey, FS from Southern California, 6-0 200 lbs. Smart and aggressive player that has played both linebacker and safety. Soft hands and knows how to jump routes. One thing that I liked on tape was that he was assignment responsible, which is a must in Lebeau's defense. Can play close to the line (6.5 tackles for loss) and seems to understand the game at a high level.

3. Donte Moncrief, WR from Ole Miss, 6-2 226 lbs. Soft spoken wide reciever who runs very good routes. Deceptive speed but his strength seems to lie in getting himself in position to make the catch. Quick twitch player with good work ethic and a team first mentality. The influx of Junior recievers should stabilize the draft grades at the position.

3. Yawin Smallwood, ILB from Connecticut, 6-2 244 lbs. Incredibly gifted and athletic linebacker who I have just stumbled across when looking at juniors who have entered the draft. Rare specimen who looks to have the skills to play either outside or inside. One of those players you HOPE falls through the cracks.

4. Jeremiah Attaochu OLB from Georgia Tech, 6-3 242 lbs. Experienced 3-4 OLB. Good strength, good speed, and good coverage skills. Knows how to get to QB and shows good field awareness in finding the ball in traffic. May need to work on being a bit more assignment responsible, but most certainly a player who could pay high dividends. Emotional player who may need a coach to bring him along and occasionally stick a boot up his butt.

5. James White, RB from Wisconsin, 5-10 195 lbs. Pittsburgh has three RB's that will be UFA's at the end of the season. White is an all purpose back that would be able to spell Bell and provide a unigue combination of strength for his size. it seems that White never stops churning and fights for every inch. Most boards have him as a late 6th rounder but I think he will climb the boards before draft day. White is one of those backs that could be drafted late and still end up starting for some team. He is a steal in the fifth.

5. Ed Stinson DE from Alabama, 6-3 292 lbs This pick is based on the possibility of losing both Kiesel and Hood. Plays with a strong base and possesses natural brute strength. Showed surprising quickness and good moves to disengage from blocks. Due to his size, strength and quickness I think he has all the tools to surprise.

6. Ross Cockrell, CB from Duke, 6-0 190 lbs. I've had this player in my pocket for awhile. Good size, good speed. Could develop into a legitimate starter if a coach can teach him how to be a bit more aggressive when jamming recievers and learning how to disengage from them in traffic. That shouldnt be a problem, he is a very smart player who succeeds on the field and in the classroom. Should contribute immedialtely on ST's.

7. John Brown, WR from Pittsburgh State, 5'10 175 lbs. I have to add one extreme sleeper. Though I wanted to add a TE in this draft, I think WR is a much thinner position after the loss of Manny. Brown finished the 2013 season with 61 passes for 1,198 yards (19.6 ypc, 99.8 ypg) and 14 touchdowns. He also averaged 32.4 yards per kickoff return and 11.5 yards per punt return. A three time All-American with 4.3 speed and soft hands. May need to work on his route running a bit but still finished his career with 185 catches, 3,380 yards and 32 touchdowns.

Dwinsgames
01-06-2014, 07:49 PM
7. John Brown, WR from Pittsburgh State, 5'10 175 lbs. I have to add one extreme sleeper. Though I wanted to add a TE in this draft, I think WR is a much thinner position after the loss of Manny. Brown finished the 2013 season with 61 passes for 1,198 yards (19.6 ypc, 99.8 ypg) and 14 touchdowns. He also averaged 32.4 yards per kickoff return and 11.5 yards per punt return. A three time All-American with 4.3 speed and soft hands. May need to work on his route running a bit but still finished his career with 185 catches, 3,380 yards and 32 touchdowns.

this guy I know may be the worlds biggest Pittsburg State fan toss him a bone on twitter ( Big Curt from here last year ) he lives in Pittsburg Kansas https://twitter.com/NFLdraftboard

LLT
01-06-2014, 07:53 PM
this guy I know may be the worlds biggest Pittsburg State fan toss him a bone on twitter ( Big Curt from here last year ) he lives in Pittsburg Kansas https://twitter.com/NFLdraftboard

With getting married and the heart scare...I have been so lax with this boards editorials and with twitter. I am SO ready to get back into the fray!!!!

Dwinsgames
01-06-2014, 07:56 PM
With getting married and the heart scare...I have been so lax with this boards editorials and with twitter. I am SO ready to get back into the fray!!!!

look at the bright side , you have the love of your life , the heart was a wake up call and not the end ... and you have till MAY to get it all together

LLT
01-06-2014, 08:00 PM
look at the bright side , you have the love of your life , the heart was a wake up call and not the end ... and you have till MAY to get it all together

LOL...exactly!!!

Take a look at the Smallwood prospect....I think he is pretty exciting.

Bluecoat96
01-06-2014, 08:01 PM
You guys are getting me all geeked up for the draft! I find myself watching even more football because of it, much to my wife's dismay.

Dwinsgames
01-06-2014, 08:04 PM
LOL...exactly!!!

Take a look at the Smallwood prospect....I think he is pretty exciting.

I have watched some on him , still sifting through stuff will make a point to get some more time on him specifically ( maybe tonight ) since I without a doubt am NOT going anywhere lol

LLT
01-06-2014, 08:13 PM
I have watched some on him , still sifting through stuff will make a point to get some more time on him specifically ( maybe tonight ) since I without a doubt am NOT going anywhere lol

Me either...Watching the Auburn/Florida State game and watching tape on players. It looks like WR Donte Moncrief, and RB James White are early favorites in this draft. I would be crazy happy to get them both

Dwinsgames
01-06-2014, 08:24 PM
watching this tape on Smallwood now , plays pretty well in space but is having a tough time in traffic from time to time will need to work on how to stay clean ( better hand usage ) , he almost plays like an over grown S to some degree ... I think he has some things to get excited about .... very assignment responsible you can see him peeking into the backfield but he doesn't bite or commit to it until it is clear his job is done in the middle of the field when dropping into coverage ( I like that a lot )

we have been hurt by only having Timmons as cover capable from our ILB's and this kid seemingly can help lessen that burden .. I like him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no1XGpRPfO0

LLT
01-06-2014, 08:35 PM
watching this tape on Smallwood now , plays pretty well in space but is having a tough time in traffic from time to time will need to work on how to stay clean ( better hand usage ) , he almost plays like an over grown S to some degree ... I think he has some things to get excited about .... very assignment responsible you can see him peeking into the backfield but he doesn't bite or commit to it until it is clear his job is done in the middle of the field when dropping into coverage ( I like that a lot )

we have been hurt by only having Timmons as cover capable from our ILB's and this kid seemingly can help lessen that burden .. I like him

Yea...His cover skills are exciting. I like what I see in his ability to pursue but, as you say, we would have to coach him up on disengaging with linemen. His arsenal seems to be more predicated on speed change (using a "stop and go" or accelerating) then it is on power. Which is actual good...because its something that can be learned. An NFL weight program and good coaching could turn him into a phenomenal player.
I like what you said about his looking like a safety...that is exactly what I meant about his having OLB skills. Very athletic and quicker than a lot of ILB's

Dwinsgames
01-06-2014, 08:37 PM
more impressive outing here where he did not have near as many issues staying clean IMO still some missed tackles but took great angles towards the ball and I was even more impressed with his coverage skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TRkGSNkERc

LLT
01-06-2014, 08:45 PM
more impressive outing here where he did not have near as many issues staying clean IMO still some missed tackles but took great angles towards the ball and I was even more impressed with his coverage skills

They have him listed as a 4.68 forty guy....not sure if that is correct. He is either faster than that or has very good quick twitch instincts.

Dwinsgames
01-06-2014, 08:54 PM
They have him listed as a 4.68 forty guy....not sure if that is correct. He is either faster than that or has very good quick twitch instincts.

I would bet he is faster than that , he definitely plays faster than that ... then again most players slow in pads and some do not making it a more level playing field speed wise , perhaps he is one of those guys the pads do not change him ....

LLT
01-06-2014, 09:00 PM
I would bet he is faster than that , he definitely plays faster than that ... then again most players slow in pads and some do not making it a more level playing field speed wise , perhaps he is one of those guys the pads do not change him ....

I would rather have a player like that in tandem with Timmons than a human missile with no coverage skills.

Dwinsgames
01-06-2014, 09:09 PM
I would rather have a player like that in tandem with Timmons than a human missile with no coverage skills.

no question it opens up the def playbook a bit for Timmons as he would not have as much coverage responsibilities and the other team would be less certain on where or how to attack based on they would not know which guy was dropping or if both where etc ... with as many teams as we are seeing the last few years that can send multiple receiving TEs out in patterns you can never have enough coverage linebackers

LLT
01-06-2014, 09:14 PM
no question it opens up the def playbook a bit for Timmons as he would not have as much coverage responsibilities and the other team would be less certain on where or how to attack based on they would not know which guy was dropping or if both where etc ... with as many teams as we are seeing the last few years that can send multiple receiving TEs out in patterns you can never have enough coverage linebackers

Agreed...especially those who have good instincts and pursuit ability.

Aussie_steeler
01-07-2014, 01:58 AM

My System for 2014

ON O side of ball
1. WR early (probably first)
2. RB - middle round, third down change of pace back
3. No TE at all. They collect them via free agency
4. O line - maybe a swing guy to replace Guy Whimper. He was a Bicknell man who is gone.

ON D side of ball
1. This team is in base 3-4 less than 50% of the time. That rules out NT and places an emphasis on cover.
2. Multiple CB's. One in the 2nd and one late.
3. OLB depth is going to be bare. Need a project
4. FS via free agency. Experience over youth
5. Developmental cover ILB. Timmons & Foote in Base. Someone to compete with Sean Spence.
6. Developmental DE.

steeldawg
01-07-2014, 06:32 AM
I see a lot of love for moncrief but I am not a fan. Anybody like Jordan Matthews?

LLT
01-07-2014, 02:17 PM
I see a lot of love for moncrief but I am not a fan. Anybody like Jordan Matthews?

I would like Matthews in the later rounds (4th-5th?) but not in the 2nd, which is were he is listed on most draft boards. Good body control, and pretty good route runner, but doesnt possess pro level quickness or straightline speed. Seems to understand the game at the level scouts will like but I have some questions in regard to his being able to translate his skills to the pros without the athleticism that you would want in a reciever.

Texasteel
03-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Draft is closer and closer

1st. Mosley is gone, Evens is gone. I do think that Gilbert or Dennard will be there for us. BAP and a position of need.

Gilbert or Dennard. CB. Gilbert may have the better top end, Dennard will be ready to start quicker. I will be happy with either.

2nd. No secret that I am a Tuitt fan, but doubt he will be there. If he is I would take him. Right now our DE position is a little iffy. First day start? Don't know, but can see him working his way into the starting line up before the season is half over. The WR Moncrief double crossed us by showing more speed that most of us thought he had. If he shows this same speed at his pro-day he will likely move into the second round but the 14th pick may be a little early. This is a pick I would seriously like to get rid of, move into the later 2nd round and pick up another pick, maybe a late 3rd, but not counting on it.

Stephon Tuitt. DE. And crossing my fingers.

3rd Comp. There are few FS I like here. Bailey, Brooks, and Jean-Baptiste ( which I still think can shift to FS nicely.)

Terrance Brooks. FS. Aussie has won me over.

4th. Also a bit of an iffy position. Our two most talented players have big questions marks. One is getting a little long in the tooth, and was injured last year, the other was injured his first year, and we still don't know if he will ever play.

Christian Kirksey, Jordan Tripp. ILB. Both OLBs that can move into the inside. Plays sideline to sideline with some coverage skills.

5th.

Jeff Janis. WR. Steelers love finding the later round WRs with talent.

5th Comp.

Phillip Gaines. CB. Got himself noticed, unfortunatly.

6th

Devon Kennard. OLB.

7th.

Ryan Groy. OG.

LLT
03-03-2014, 03:48 PM

1st. Mosley is gone, Evens is gone. I do think that Gilbert or Dennard will be there for us. BAP and a position of need.

Gilbert or Dennard. CB. Gilbert may have the better top end, Dennard will be ready to start quicker. I will be happy with either.

Totally agree with you. Gilbert is a freakish athlete and given a few years could be a serious stud....BUT...his technigue is near as polished as Dennard. When you look on film Gilbert doesnt possess the instinct or the field awareness that Dennard possesses. Easy test...watch both on film and see who gets turned around or who gets their feet tangled up more.

In a nutshell...If I need a CB to start tomorrow, I draft Dennard. If I have the luxery of waiting a year or two to work on technigue, I draft Gilbert. Gilbert is the CB with the highest ceiling and Dennard is the more pro ready.

Aussie_steeler
03-04-2014, 03:57 AM

1st. Gilbert or Dennard. CB. Gilbert may have the better top end, Dennard will be ready to start quicker. I will be happy with either.

2nd. Stephon Tuitt. DE.

3rd Comp. Terrance Brooks. FS. Aussie has won me over.

4th. Christian Kirksey, Jordan Tripp. ILB.
5th. Jeff Janis. WR.
5th Comp. Phillip Gaines. CB.
6th Devon Kennard. OLB.
7th. Ryan Groy. OG.

Like the way your thinking Ed.

I saw this week that Troy Polamalu is unwilling to take a pay cut. Looks like they will give him and extension to his contract to resolve the situation.

Gerry Dulac also has stated that Shamarko Thomas will start this year.

Its starting to look like Troy and Shamarko will be partners at safety in 2014.

I am starting to think that FS will not be addressed at all in this draft.

That's a shame because I really like brooks. I like him enough to even consider him as a nickel cornerback.

Dwinsgames
03-04-2014, 09:28 AM
I think Phillip Gaines gets a far higher grade from teams than what draft pundits are giving him and doubt he gets to far out of the 3rd round and would not be shocked to see him go higher ... he had a good combine which will lead more teams to Rices pro day another good showing there and the secret will be 100% out , remember this kid only gave up 13 catches the entire 2013 season 13 passes defensed and 4 picks out of 40 balls thrown at him ( ball hawk ability ) one out of every 10 balls thrown his way he picked off ??? outstanding .....

Steeltreal
03-04-2014, 12:05 PM
So Troy and Shamarko at Safety, is their plan to play alot of cover zero? Bring back Blitzburgh!

Dwinsgames
03-04-2014, 12:23 PM
So Troy and Shamarko at Safety, is their plan to play alot of cover zero? Bring back Blitzburgh!

time will tell if they Draft Gilbert or Dennard they may in fact move to man cover / bump n run

Texasteel
03-05-2014, 11:54 AM
The Will Allen signing would seem to support Aussie's thoughts that we may not go FS early. I would also think that this would bring into play names like Isaiah Lewis, Tre Boston, Jonathan Dowling, or may Paul Porras.

Shoes
03-05-2014, 01:55 PM
The Will Allen signing would seem to support Aussie's thoughts that we may not go FS early. I would also think that this would bring into play names like Isaiah Lewis, Tre Boston, Jonathan Dowling, or may Paul Porras.

That last guy on the list would put a smile on Dwins face!

Dwinsgames
03-05-2014, 03:23 PM
That last guy on the list would put a smile on Dwins face!

yea it would we need a few guys like him on the roster IMO , hard working , high character vocal leaders

Dwinsgames
03-12-2014, 01:02 PM
updated mock ...

1) Gilbert - Dennard CB these two need no introductions

2) Moncrief WR some will say to early but after watching a ton or tape feel he has the best explosion of any WR in this draft and tons of upside to ward off the " rawness " factor

3comp) Josh Mauro DE a dire need and a super solid player who still reminds me of Aaron Smith

4) Gillmore -Joe Don Duncan TE both big physical TEs who can block and make plays over the middle of the field

5) Ellis NT big strong anchor

5comp) Bourland ILB Fireplug run stuffer who may only be a 2 down LBer but has the motor you look for

6) Hoffman WR highly productive WR who runs 4.5 and is close to 6'4 36 collegiate TDs do not come by luck nor does 3600+ receiving yards if he is there you got to take him at this point

7) Kennard OLB has DE and LB exp bet suited at LB in 3-4 a guy with big game exp in a big program that can rush the passer this late in the draft is a gimme from where I sit

Texasteel
03-12-2014, 04:35 PM
updated mock ...

1) Gilbert - Dennard CB these two need no introductions

2) Moncrief WR some will say to early but after watching a ton or tape feel he has the best explosion of any WR in this draft and tons of upside to ward off the " rawness " factor

3comp) Josh Mauro DE a dire need and a super solid player who still reminds me of Aaron Smith

4) Gillmore -Joe Don Duncan TE both big physical TEs who can block and make plays over the middle of the field

5) Ellis NT big strong anchor

5comp) Bourland ILB Fireplug run stuffer who may only be a 2 down LBer but has the motor you look for

6) Hoffman WR highly productive WR who runs 4.5 and is close to 6'4 36 collegiate TDs do not come by luck nor does 3600+ receiving yards if he is there you got to take him at this point

7) Kennard OLB has DE and LB exp bet suited at LB in 3-4 a guy with big game exp in a big program that can rush the passer this late in the draft is a gimme from where I sit

I am becoming more convinced that if Gilbert, or Dennard are there this will be our 1st pick, even if we do pick up a CB in FA.

I would still like to drop a little in the 2nd, but if Moncrief is their guy I wouldn't say he is a reach. we have no picks between our 2nd round pick and the 3rd round comp pick, if that is what we get, and Moncrief will not last that long.

Mauro could be our last shot at an impact DE at this point. By impact I mean a player that will see playing time next year. He is just what you said, A solid DE that should only get better as the year go's along.

The rest of the picks are solid picks where you have them going. Still not sure we will take a TE in this draft, but Gillmore would be a good one in the 4th. Ellis could end up being a good NT that would clog the middle, and his long arms could make it difficult to throw over him. Still like Janis here but he or Hoffman could end up as 6th round steals. Hoffman would give Ben a big target.

Except for Borland, I could see this draft happening.

Dwinsgames
03-13-2014, 10:49 AM
hate putting a new mock up so soon making last one obsolete , desperate times now losing all our DE's with exp not named Heyward , so here goes ....

1) Aaron Donald DE

2) Donta Moncrief WR

3comp) Phillip Gaines CB

4) Josh Mauro DE ( if there) otherwise Max Bullough ILB / Christian Kirksey ILB

5) Ellis NT

5comp) Marcus Whitfield ILB

6)Cody Hoffman WR

7)Devon Kennard OLB

Shoes
03-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Can't give up on CJ, Dwins

Dwinsgames
03-13-2014, 01:56 PM
Can't give up on CJ, Dwins

no place to put him as it stands , cant take him in the second wont be there with comp in 3rd

Dwinsgames
03-13-2014, 02:03 PM
will alter it again if we get a couple DE in house prior to draft

Shoes
03-13-2014, 02:05 PM
no place to put him as it stands , cant take him in the second wont be there with comp in 3rd

Maybe we won't go with a WR early. It's very possible Wheaton will get it in gear this season. I remember when Sanders looked more promising than Brown. What about CJ in the 2nd?

Shoes
03-13-2014, 02:13 PM
There is no guarantee that Miller will stay healthy this season. With that said, we'd have one TE that can block but not catch and one who can't block or catch. I'd take a TE in the 2nd

Dwinsgames
03-13-2014, 02:31 PM
There is no guarantee that Miller will stay healthy this season. With that said, we'd have one TE that can block but not catch and one who can't block or catch. I'd take a TE in the 2nd

an argument can be made the other way too we have 1 starting WR and a draft pick from last year that managed to get hurt twice and only catch 8 balls and behind him we have a 1 catch wonder

broad as it is wide my friend :)

Dwinsgames
03-13-2014, 03:19 PM
as of this moment ....

we have 2 starter quality D-linemen and no proven depth

1 Proven WR on the entire roster

1 starter quality CB and a solid nickel

1 RB with NFL carries

Shoes
03-13-2014, 05:11 PM
an argument can be made the other way too we have 1 starting WR and a draft pick from last year that managed to get hurt twice and only catch 8 balls and behind him we have a 1 catch wonder

broad as it is wide my friend :)

That's more than what's behind Miller. :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
03-13-2014, 05:16 PM
That's more than what's behind Miller. :chuckle:

sort of ...

backup TEs have 2 less catches than our current #2 and #3 WR in 2013 but the TEs have more yards ... Tds are equal with 1 to each unit

Steeltreal
03-21-2014, 09:29 PM
1) CJ Mosley
2) Stephon Tuitt
3 comp) Kadeem Carey
4) Brandon Coleman
5) Aaron Colvin

waiting for other comps to finish

Texasteel
03-21-2014, 10:15 PM
1) CJ Mosley
2) Stephon Tuitt
3 comp) Kadeem Carey
4) Brandon Coleman
5) Aaron Colvin

waiting for other comps to finish

You got two of my favorites on top. Glad to see that.

I just don't know if we could afford to put our 5th round pick on the shelf for a year before we even get a look at what we might have.

Steelerette
03-23-2014, 05:42 PM
Okay, I've given it some thought.

First round, Gilbert and Evans are both off the board already. So what do we do? We pull off a trade down. We trade down six spots to Green Bay's first. We get their first and third. In exchange they get to grab Aaron Donald or Timmy Jernigan, but I digress.

1 (21): NT Louis Nix III
2 (46): TE Jace Amaro
3 (85, from GB): CB EJ Gaines
3 (Comp): WR Jared Abbrederis
4: DE Will Clarke
5: OLB Prince Shembo
5 (Comp): WR Jeremy Gallon
6: OL Justin Britt
7: RB Silas Redd
7 (Comp): ILB Carlo Calabrese

Dwinsgames
03-23-2014, 07:12 PM
I do not touch Shembo with a 10 foot pole here is why ..... http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-02-22/lizzy-seeberg-investation-sexual-assault-case-notre-dame-player-identity-prince-shembo-nfl-combine

Steelerette
03-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Which is why he's not going in the third like he probably would. Like it or not Shembo hasn't been proven guilty in a court of law, and the Steelers shed their goody-two-shoes image several seasons ago. I would prefer not to take on any players with character concerns but it isn't how we operate anymore, and in the fifth he may be too good a risk for them to pass up.

Steelerette
03-23-2014, 07:31 PM
Whatever the case it's going to be difficult for them to screw up the first round too royally, so many needs that something is bound to fall into their lap.

Dwinsgames
03-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Which is why he's not going in the third like he probably would. Like it or not Shembo hasn't been proven guilty in a court of law, and the Steelers shed their goody-two-shoes image several seasons ago. I would prefer not to take on any players with character concerns but it isn't how we operate anymore, and in the fifth he may be too good a risk for them to pass up.

and with such a deep draft I prefer not to ( and bet the team feels the same ) to spend a pick ( and reward a guy ) who is a facing such scrutiny and potentially could go to prison ... how big of a steal is a guy if he spends his first contract length or longer in prisosn ?

Steelerette
03-23-2014, 07:39 PM
Whatever team finally selects him is either going to look like a genius or a fool, I would have to say.

Dwinsgames
03-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Whatever team finally selects him is either going to look like a genius or a fool, I would have to say.

if anyone takes the chance ?

guess a lot will depend on what happens between now and may

Steelerette
03-23-2014, 08:01 PM
I'm not an Ebron fan. Love Amaro but I think we'd have to get lucky for him to be there in the middle of the second. If he's sitting there though I pull the trigger... or if I can somehow manage to trade down out of the first round entirely, I do it and grab him early second.

Psycho Ward 86
03-23-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm not an Ebron fan. Love Amaro but I think we'd have to get lucky for him to be there in the middle of the second. If he's sitting there though I pull the trigger... or if I can somehow manage to trade down out of the first round entirely, I do it and grab him early second.

thats crazy imo. would you take amaro over ebron? i think people are sleeping on ebron hard. ultimately with no trades in front of our 1st round pick, i think we'll end up with either dennard or ebron because people seem to be sleeping on them. with ebron, its far less warranted imo. He'll be a top 5 tight end for a long time in this league.

Dwinsgames
03-23-2014, 09:32 PM
thats crazy imo. would you take amaro over ebron? i think people are sleeping on ebron hard. ultimately with no trades in front of our 1st round pick, i think we'll end up with either dennard or ebron because people seem to be sleeping on them. with ebron, its far less warranted imo. He'll be a top 5 tight end for a long time in this league.

what we all have to try and keep in mind ( and it is HARD to do ) it's not what the pundits think , in the end the teams have the final say ...

I always TRY to keep that in mind when I do a mock but it damn sure is not easy to do because we simply do not know what teams are thinking and if they let something slip chances are they are LYING

Psycho Ward 86
03-23-2014, 09:34 PM
I do not touch Shembo with a 10 foot pole here is why ..... http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-02-22/lizzy-seeberg-investation-sexual-assault-case-notre-dame-player-identity-prince-shembo-nfl-combine

that was 4 years ago, and the young man came forward and admitted he was involved in some form as an nfl draft PROSPECT. he had nothing to gain, but everything to lose by doing that, so for that i will not commend, but curtly acknowledge the gesture. hell, that should have made way bigger news than michael sam coming out. that was a non-news story imo.

i dont know shit about this kid as a player, but if everything else checks out and he's too good to pass up, ill take him. Ditto to what Steelerette said. I feel like the steelers were only in position to keep their roster squeaky clean of character issues when we were an NFL powerhouse. We are an afterthought right now until we can prove otherwise. Ill take risks if they are calculated...for now

Psycho Ward 86
03-23-2014, 09:42 PM
what we all have to try and keep in mind ( and it is HARD to do ) it's not what the pundits think , in the end the teams have the final say ...

I always TRY to keep that in mind when I do a mock but it damn sure is not easy to do because we simply do not know what teams are thinking and if they let something slip chances are they are LYING

no kidding. but back to ebron, after looking at all the games i could find, i would think about taking him over mike evans if we were given the absurd chance of picking between both. i dont see any errant uncoachable traits to this kid's game. same with mike evans, his route running is better than people give him credit for and he's only had 2 years of college football experience so he's only going to get better. Other than that, being a bit touchy when getting open is a problem, but its not what "made him" as a receiver these past 2 seasons and it can be corrected. thats saying something when theres a good chance of ebron being taken before evans

Steelerette
03-23-2014, 10:15 PM
would you take amaro over ebron?
Not exactly. But Ebron is a first round prospect this year, and I'd rather not spend a first on him, unless we trade down several picks at the very least. IMO he doesn't quite stack up with other elite TEs around the league so I'd rather spend our top-half first rounder somewhere else.

I would not take Amaro in the first. But if he's there for us in the second I gladly pull the trigger. The knock on him is that he may wind up to be a dynamite receiving TE but a mediocre blocking TE. But what I had to think about there was that we tend to carry a second TE or te/fb who really isn't very good anyways, so that can be our blocking guy... in Munchak's time with the Oilers/Titans organization he always loved having that big passcatching TE with his line - Frank Wychek, Bo Scaife, Jared Cook... with Heath Miller at the tail end of his prime this may be something they'd have a serious eye on. It would be a good year to get him without expecting him to be "the guy" but a year or two in our system and work on his technique/blocking, and perhaps we won't even skip a beat when Heath retires.

Not entirely true, I don't think we'll ever replace Heath completely, but you get the gist.

Dwinsgames
03-23-2014, 10:21 PM
http://media.pennlive.com/big-ten-football/photo/cj-fiedorowicz-0e74723b20a910f5.jpg

Psycho Ward 86
03-23-2014, 10:30 PM
http://media.pennlive.com/big-ten-football/photo/cj-fiedorowicz-0e74723b20a910f5.jpg

buy his jersey already will ya :lol:

Steelerette
03-23-2014, 10:31 PM
Kid can block. If (if) we pull off a trade-down in the first and gain an extra 2nd or 3rd out of the deal, how would you feel about doubling up on TE: Amaro in round 2, Fiedorowicz in the 4th.

Nevermind, bad idea while Heath still has a few years left (and we have so many other draft needs), I just get all tingly when I think about us running 2-TE sets with actually competent TEs on both sides, giving opposing defenses nightmares...

Dwinsgames
03-23-2014, 10:36 PM
If we traded back in the first or second and pulled off another 3rd , I would take CJ in the 3rd ( do not think he last longer than that ) many have him as the 3rd best TE in this draft . He is my personal favorite , special blocker and very soft reliable hands and has a knack for finding the soft spot in a zone and sitting down and making the play ( Heath like ) better blocker than miller as a prospect , hands are Equal IMO many years he would be a 1st round TE just not this year ...

one could do a heck of a lot worse than CJ and Miller in 2 TE sets , both for the run game and passing game

Texasteel
03-24-2014, 01:15 AM

I'll be ordering one right after the draft if we pick him. I have an idea that several of us will own one before the year is over.

Shoes
03-24-2014, 08:03 AM
I'll be ordering one right after the draft if we pick him. I have an idea that several of us will own one before the year is over.

That's one I'd buy direct! He's got the right colors on too.

Dwinsgames
03-24-2014, 12:03 PM

if we draft him , he will be my next Jersey

Dwinsgames
03-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Ryan Riddle ‏@Ryan_Riddle (https://twitter.com/Ryan_Riddle) 7m (https://twitter.com/Ryan_Riddle/status/448286753355350016) Q: Who was the toughest CB you faced in college?
A: Allen Robinson: “I’d have to say Bradley Roby. He’s a pretty competitive guy.”

Texasteel
03-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Ryan Riddle ‏@Ryan_Riddle (https://twitter.com/Ryan_Riddle) 7m (https://twitter.com/Ryan_Riddle/status/448286753355350016) Q: Who was the toughest CB you faced in college?
A: Allen Robinson: “I’d have to say Bradley Roby. He’s a pretty competitive guy.”

Didn't we interview Roby? I would guess his interviews would play a part in where he is drafted.

Psycho Ward 86
03-25-2014, 05:09 PM
well ebron is making me look dumb :(

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/03/report-north-carolina-te-eric-ebron-didnt-look-good-at-his-tuesday-pro-day/

i stand by what i said though

Dwinsgames
03-25-2014, 05:38 PM
well ebron is making me look dumb :(

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/03/report-north-carolina-te-eric-ebron-didnt-look-good-at-his-tuesday-pro-day/

i stand by what i said though

nothing that was not evident already on tape , I am not big on what happens after the last game played the film tells you the player , the interviews tell you the person ....

pro days and combine (other than medical and interviews ) only reinforces what you should already know from the tape ...

people get to caught in in numbers of the measuring tape and watch and catches/throws with nobody covering you or rushing you .... ( not you specifically )

its like Aaron Donald was being kept back because of his height , did that lack of 2-3 inches in height show up on film in terms to lack of play ? ( nope ) so its a non issue IMO a lack of a specific ability or measurable is only an issue if you do not make plays because of it/them ... if you still make the plays its not really an issue is it ?

now some proclaiming he is a top 10 talent 2 months ago a mid/late second rounder

Ebron will be fine , but still not my choice

Steelerette
03-26-2014, 01:18 AM
And now for something completely different:

1) OT Taylor Lewan
2) CB Keith McGill
3) WR Brandon Coleman
4) DE Taylor Hart
5) TE Arthur Lynch
5) RB James White
6) WR Willie Snead
6) DE/OLB Michael Sam
7) LB Andrew Wilson

UDFA: DT Mister Cobble, OL Alex Bullard, RB Rod McDowell, TE Chris Coyle, QB Ty Russell, DE Greg Hickman, WR Jermaine Jones, P Matt Yoklic

Dwinsgames
03-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe (https://twitter.com/greggabe) 2m (https://twitter.com/greggabe/status/448868886625411072) There are only 3 corners I would take in top 15. Gilbert, Dennard and Fuller

Dwinsgames
03-26-2014, 06:30 PM
NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds (https://twitter.com/DraftDiamonds) 1m (https://twitter.com/DraftDiamonds/status/448964739163373570) Jackson Jeffcoat has private visit with Steelers and 3 others http://wp.me/p3HUdq-4M6 (http://t.co/C7Tv62Io6W)

Dwinsgames
03-26-2014, 07:08 PM
my Latest mock after the movement we have seen in FA and comp picks officially out .

1) Trade pick 15 back to 19 Miami wants to move up for a OT we obtain Miamis 1st and 3rd

1-19) CB Kyle Fuller

2-14) DE Stephon Tuitt

3-17) WR Donte Moncrief

3-33) TE -C.J.Fiedorowicz

4-18) OLB Demarcus Lawrence

5-17) CB Aaron Colvin

5-33) OT James Hurst

6-16 ) TB Marion Grice

6-39) OG Cornelius Lucas

7-15) FS/SS Alden Darby

Shoes
03-26-2014, 09:24 PM
Glad to see CJ back on that list! :chuckle:

Shoes
03-26-2014, 09:40 PM
I hope Jackson Jeffcoat is better than the few videos I watched of him.

Dwinsgames
03-26-2014, 09:47 PM
I hope Jackson Jeffcoat is better than the few videos I watched of him.

feast or famine player , could become a star OLB or a big dud ..... buyer beware

Shoes
03-26-2014, 09:54 PM
feast or famine player , could become a star OLB or a big dud ..... buyer beware

My wallet would stay in my back pocket.

Dwinsgames
03-26-2014, 10:00 PM
My wallet would stay in my back pocket.

so would mine , but someone will take the leap just hope it is not the Steelers

Texasteel
03-26-2014, 10:19 PM
my Latest mock after the movement we have seen in FA and comp picks officially out .

1) Trade pick 15 back to 19 Miami wants to move up for a OT we obtain Miamis 1st and 3rd

1-19) CB Kyle Fuller

2-14) DE Stephon Tuitt

3-17) WR Donte Moncrief

5-17) CB Aaron Colvin

5-33) OT James Hurst

6-16 ) TB Marion Grice

6-39) OG Cornelius Lucas

7-15) FS/SS Alden Darby
l
Gee Paul, you make this one just for me? I would love to see this happen. I think there are 6 potential starters there, maybe not next year but still potential starters. Hurst's leg should be well on it's way to healing now. With Fuller on board we can shelf Colvin for a year and let him heal.

Dwinsgames
03-26-2014, 10:26 PM
l
Gee Paul, you make this one just for me? I would love to see this happen. I think there are 6 potential starters there, maybe not next year but still potential starters. Hurst's leg should be well on it's way to healing now. With Fuller on board we can shelf Colvin for a year and let him heal.

yea it is pretty solid and 6 may even be light , I think it is possible 8 eventual starters could come from that draft but 2-3 years down the road 3-4 this year depending what set we start a game on on O couple more next year and potentially 2 more the next , Grice could even log some starts if Bell gets nicked up making it a complete sweep ...

my issues with it is , not sure Tuitt , Moncrief or C.J make the pick point will depend on how the draft flows

Texasteel
03-26-2014, 10:37 PM
yea it is pretty solid and 6 may even be light , I think it is possible 8 eventual starters could come from that draft but 2-3 years down the road 3-4 this year depending what set we start a game on on O couple more next year and potentially 2 more the next , Grice could even log some starts if Bell gets nicked up making it a complete sweep ...

my issues with it is , not sure Tuitt , Moncrief or C.J make the pick point will depend on how the draft flows

I wasn't going to mention that. Tuitt would surprise me, Moncrief is possible, maybe, CJ I think could happen. Seems like a few other TEs have been getting most of the publicity, and notice here lately. The Pats are the team that scares me some, they know a TE when they see one. Still, if we could pull this one off would be one hell of a draft,

Dwinsgames
03-27-2014, 11:03 AM
I wasn't going to mention that. Tuitt would surprise me, Moncrief is possible, maybe, CJ I think could happen. Seems like a few other TEs have been getting most of the publicity, and notice here lately. The Pats are the team that scares me some, they know a TE when they see one. Still, if we could pull this one off would be one hell of a draft,

my only defense in logic is ,

Tuitt coming off injury scouts have not had a chance to get a good look at the measurable's / workouts ....

Crowded field of WR's someone is going to drop down for us ( and many still have Moncrief as a 3rd rounder even though I believe he is better than a 3rd pick )

C.J. just does not get the Publicity some of the other TEs are getting and many have him rated as the 5th best TE , even though I believe he is the best TE for our system and most complete TE in the draft today's fantasy like game shadows his abilities and pushes him down the list further than he should be .... not sure GMs will see it like that as much as " fans/ draft pundits do "

but yes the stars have to line up a bit but its not impossible

Psycho Ward 86
03-27-2014, 06:07 PM

1-19) CB Kyle Fuller

2-14) DE Stephon Tuitt

3-17) WR Donte Moncrief

5-17) CB Aaron Colvin

5-33) OT James Hurst

6-16 ) TB Marion Grice

6-39) OG Cornelius Lucas

7-15) FS/SS Alden Darby

I really like this, my only question is, based off of past drafts, is it realistic to expect a mid 3rd round pick just for moving back 4 spots? i dont see it, especially since this looks like a good draft for people to trade back in (meaning the cost of moving up will also probably be cheaper. and even if it wasnt, a mid 3rd round pick seems like a morbid cost to move up from 19 to 15)

Texasteel
03-27-2014, 07:31 PM
By the draft chart the difference in pick 15 and 19 is 175 points. 175 would normally get us the 19th pick in the 3rd round. The key is to have someone fall to our 1st rounder that someone else wants badly like maybe one of the OTs, or perhaps a QB that someone falls in love with.

Agreed, a lot of ifs, whats, and buts involve, but not out of the realm of possibility. What better team that Miami to make such a move. Hell they might even fall in love with Lee. We all know how good they are at spotting WR talent.

Psycho Ward 86
03-27-2014, 08:29 PM
By the draft chart the difference in pick 15 and 19 is 175 points. 175 would normally get us the 19th pick in the 3rd round. The key is to have someone fall to our 1st rounder that someone else wants badly like maybe one of the OTs, or perhaps a QB that someone falls in love with.

Agreed, a lot of ifs, whats, and buts involve, but not out of the realm of possibility. What better team that Miami to make such a move. Hell they might even fall in love with Lee. We all know how good they are at spotting WR talent.

how accurate is that draft chart in comparison to trades that happen in real life, is my question.

Dwinsgames
03-27-2014, 08:43 PM
how accurate is that draft chart in comparison to trades that happen in real life, is my question.

hit and miss , that draft value chart that seems like every site under the sun was all devised from 1 draft ( The Jimmy Johnson draft ) a guy took his trades and placed a numerical value on them and made the chart versions of it are everywhere , its a guide of sorts nothing more or less ....

we gave up a 3rd and 6th to move up 10 spots to take Troy in the 2003 draft

in any event the cost of doing business at the NFL draft comes at a cost and often times a very high one

Dwinsgames
03-27-2014, 08:50 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/draft_trade_value.htm

Psycho Ward 86
03-27-2014, 08:55 PM
thanks for clearing that up. by the way you two, ive been meaning to ask, how would you guys rank dennard, gilbert, fuller, roby, and verrett?

also jordan matthews vs. donte moncrief? personally i think everyone sleeps on matthews hard. extremely sharp route runner, great hands, body control, and COMBATATIVE ball skills. Find me another big receiver in the draft superior in those areas to jordan matthews. i can think of mike evans and no one else. i think he answered what was thought to be his one glaring weakness (straight line speed) when he ran a good 4.46 40.

i think he's better than moncrief in every single way. except maybe straight line speed.

Fun fact: J. Matthews is related to Jerry RIce

Texasteel
03-27-2014, 09:05 PM
Like I said, the key is to have a team want some player thats there at 15. One they real want, and thinks he will not last much longer. May happen, may not, we, and even the FO won't know for another month, but I don't think it is out of the question entirely. I do think that the best thing that could happen for us is to have one of the big name OTs fall to 15.

Dwinsgames
03-27-2014, 09:23 PM
thanks for clearing that up. by the way you two, ive been meaning to ask, how would you guys rank dennard, gilbert, fuller, roby, and verrett?

also jordan matthews vs. donte moncrief? personally i think everyone sleeps on matthews hard. extremely sharp route runner, great hands, body control, and COMBATATIVE ball skills. Find me another big receiver in the draft superior in those areas to jordan matthews. i can think of mike evans and no one else. i think he answered what was thought to be his one glaring weakness (straight line speed) when he ran a good 4.46 40.

i think he's better than moncrief in every single way. except maybe straight line speed.

forget bloodline in relations to Mathews / Jerry Rice because that is a non factor and anyone who doubts it can then explain to me why NOBODY is talking about Jerry Rice Jr being draft eligible this year ( reason being he failed as a college football player after being an outstanding HS player ) but if bloodline was a factor JR would have closer genes to his Papa than JM , just saying haha

Moncrief is a bit raw and will improve for me has a much higher ceiling , its not all about today its 2-3 years from now too and at that Point I see Moncrief as a BEAST , I think he is far and away the most explosive WR in the draft ...

none of this is a hit on Mathews as he is a good player who does not play as fast as he clocks on a watch but there could be reasons for that and may impart be correctable , that give me some concerns but I think he will be fine ...

it comes down to a preference thing if Both are there I take Moncrief based on perceived upside and I believe at the end of the day will be the superior player , if Moncrief is gone I would consider Mathews and probably take him if value was what I felt was appropriate ..I would not reach for Mathews where I would consider a minor reach for Moncrief

as for the CBs for me ..its part preference and its part fit and part gut based on things I see and like or don't like ...

Verrett is the most talented CB in the draft hands down ... his size hurts his stock , if he was 6' he is a top 10 pick all day long and without a doubt the first CB drafted , but he is 5'9" and that gives teams reason to pause and devalue him a bit probably 3rd or 4th CB drafted because of size not talent

Gilbert -Dennard , flip a coin both have moments that make me cringe and others that make my jaw drop .... I take Gilbert because of the extra speed more exp in zone def but still able to play man when asked ...others take Dennard but he lacks exp in zone coverage and for me to much grabby hands that he will not get away with in the NFL still a quality CB but has a learning curve to let guys run clean after 5 yards I think he will be a walking talking penalty flag magnet unless he can be coached out of it in a hurry once you get a rep in the league its hard to live it down and anything close will draw that flag ... I think he is coachable and with the right guys he can lose that habit but it is a risk to some degree ....

Fuller I really think in the end COULD be the best of the bunch , may not be ready YET but is close he the size , speed and right blend of physicality you look for ...some good coaching the sky is the limit IMO

Roby spectacular and sucks , he has a memory and never a good thing for a CB , if you get in his head you can own him all day long .... if he starts strong he wins all day long ... you never know for sure what you are going to get one game to the next and that scares me ... I was luke warm on him for awhile , the more I watch the more I shy away because I fear his mental game ....

so not really a ranking but a preference with reasoning ...

just my opinion others may vary

LLT
03-27-2014, 09:24 PM

He should be there with our 2nd round pick...you might get your wish.

Texasteel
03-28-2014, 11:07 AM

Can't add much to what Dwins said about the CBs, but would like to see what Roby could do if someone can get his head screwed on straight. Still, I think Fuller will be a better prospect and will be a better over all Pro. Could end up as good at the top 2 CBs. I will add one thing, if we don't go CB in the 1st round watch for Jaylen Watkins. He never did get the attention that his Florida teammates did during the year, but I thought he showed as much as Roberson, and had better makeup speed.

I was pushing Mathews early this year, and still like him, but think Moncrief would be a better pick for us. Unlike Benjamin both catches well with their hands and puts the ball away quickly. Might get more play of the game clips out of Mathews, but at the end of the day will get a better game out of Moncrief. Moncrief, IMO, is also a better down field blocker.

I love this stuff, can't wait for the draft to see if the professionals see these kids the same way we do.

Steeltreal
03-28-2014, 11:37 AM
I like a tradedown with Carolina in the 2nd,
Net us #60 and #92 they need a Wideout for tradeup purpose.

Then target some combination of LB, WR, RB after DB selected in 1st

2) Kyle Van Hoy / Skov
3a) Martavis Bryant /Moncrief
3b) Kadeem Carey / Dri Archer

Dwinsgames
03-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Steelers in attendance for Jelly Beans pro day

http://www.topsportsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/justinellis.jpg

Steelerette
03-30-2014, 03:11 AM
In light of our recent FA signings, here's a new stab in the dark:

Pick 15. Mike Evans is still on the board. Tempting... but it's even more tempting for the 49ers, who have a stacked roster but a definite need at WR and a boatload of picks. The trigger is pulled. San Fran gets our pick, and Mike Evans, and in exchange we get their 1st, as well as pick 61 and pick 94. That's their second and third, but they already have another second from the Chiefs, another third from the Titans, and a comp third... so it's not like they won't still get a few stabs at this deep draft, while getting that prize WR they've been sore for.

So then...

1 (30): WR Kelvin Benjamin
2 (46): CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste
2 (61): DE Dominique Easley
3 (94): TE CJ Fiedorowicz
3 (97): ILB Chris Borland
4 (118): NT Dan McCullers
5 (157): OG Spencer Long
5 (173): WR Jeff Janis
6 (192): RB Raijun Neal
6 (215): CB Carrington Byndom
7 (230): QB Keith Wenning

Dwinsgames
03-30-2014, 10:58 AM
LT has been mighty quiet , wonder what he has tumbling around inside his head

Steelerette
03-30-2014, 11:04 AM
I have to keep resisting the urge to take a day one/two offensive lineman. Totally impractical yet something is telling me that Munchak will want to have his say..

Dwinsgames
03-30-2014, 11:38 AM
I have to keep resisting the urge to take a day one/two offensive lineman. Totally impractical yet something is telling me that Munchak will want to have his say..

TE may be as big a say as he gets considering need / depth / amount already invested in the O-Line

Steelerette
03-30-2014, 12:10 PM
And what type of TE does he like, or at least know... Frank Wychek, Bo Scaife... those have to be marks in favor of your guy CJ ;)

Dwinsgames
03-30-2014, 12:11 PM
And what type of TE does he like, or at least know... Frank Wychek, Bo Scaife... those have to be marks in favor of your guy CJ ;)

that works for me :tt03:

Dwinsgames
03-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Looking at guys who very well could be available at 15 using Mock draft from " respected experts "

guys either selected at 15 or still on the board as potential bait for a trade down that many thing should be off the board no later than 20 some surprising names and if the draft does fall like this finding a trade partner should not be difficult at all IMO ( if that is what they decide to do ) and moving back a few spots would be VERY smart considering the talent pool left from this chart , you could move back 4-5 spots and still fill with a top tier CB a Top LB or top TE or WR if you so desired .. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Dennard (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1785846)
Lewan (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664410)
Fuller (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1785843)
Ebron (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1865396)
Jernigan (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1860755)
Donald (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737460)
Barr (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1784741)
Clinton-Dix (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2028292)
Hageman (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664241)
Martin (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664509)
Pryor (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1851284)
Lee (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1851123)
Beckham Jr. (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2028300)
Mosley (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1762120)
Bridgewater (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1825122)
Gilbert (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1785829)
Carr (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664819)

Texasteel
03-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Like many of you, I would like to see us trade down in the 1st round, My target would be Fuller, or possibly Mosley if we miss on Fuller. Actually I like the first four picks of Dwins last mock very much, and before I get charged with stealing someones draft, all four are players I have been pushing for at lest 4 months. How ever I am going to build this mock on what I know we have.

1- Justin Gilbert. CB. A lot of people are thinking he will be gone before 15, I'm not so sure. I think Dennard will go first, because he is the most ready to step in and play. I think the teams before us will want someone they know will likely start for them right of. Gilbert is not without glitches. he is a very aggressive player, some time to aggressive. This trait can, at time get him caught out of position. He needs to learn what he can do, what he can't do, and what is best for him to do. I think he need coaching, good coaching, luckily we have a very good DB coach that could get him ready quick than some of the other teams.

2- Steven Tuitt. DE. Tuitt's surger before the year set him back, he started slowly and was playing catch up the rest of the year. I think you need to look at the year before to see what kind of player he is. I think without his hernia surgery we would be talking about him at 15. This is not without risk, but we took that risk with Mill and I would say it worked out pretty well.

3rd, Comp. Jared Abbrederis, WR. I know,,,,,,,,, What is Ed thinking. Jared is not extremely athletic, and only has decent speed, but if you watch a Wisconsin game you will see two things. Abbrederis in the open, and Abbrederis making the catch. He just has a nak of finding the open spot, and when his QB is in trouble he works hard to find a passing lane, and a place to throw the ball. Jared sells his route better that most of the pros we watch. He also has a feel for there the open space is and what to do to get there. He also has extremely good hand, and will make a catch in traffic.

4- Jordan Trpp. OLB. A talented LB that would add depth to the LBing corp. I believe he has the ability to move inside if needed. Always around the ball, has recovered 10 fumbles in his career.

5- James Hurst. OT. Was figured to be a much higher pick before he broke his leg. One of the few OTs left that I think can play LT.

5 Comp- James White. RB. Runs with more power that he should have, keeps his feet moving during the tackle, pretty good in pass blocking, and can catch out of the backfield.

6- Aaron Colvin. CB. Was considered one of the better CBs in this draft before he tore up his ACL. If he slides this far will be well worth a wait and see pick.

6 Comp. Cody Hoffman. WR. A big kid that I think is a better receiver that he is given credit for.

7- Alden Darby. SS. Sounds like a great kid. Would just like to give him a shot.

Shoes
03-30-2014, 09:48 PM
Like many of you, I would like to see us trade down in the 1st round, My target would be Fuller, or possibly Mosley if we miss on Fuller. Actually I like the first four picks of Dwins last mock very much, and before I get charged with stealing someones draft, all four are players I have been pushing for at lest 4 months. How ever I am going to build this mock on what I know we have.

1- Justin Gilbert. CB. A lot of people are thinking he will be gone before 15, I'm not so sure. I think Dennard will go first, because he is the most ready to step in and play. I think the teams before us will want someone they know will likely start for them right of. Gilbert is not without glitches. he is a very aggressive player, some time to aggressive. This trait can, at time get him caught out of position. He needs to learn what he can do, what he can't do, and what is best for him to do. I think he need coaching, good coaching, luckily we have a very good DB coach that could get him ready quick than some of the other teams.

2- Steven Tuitt. DE. Tuitt's surger before the year set him back, he started slowly and was playing catch up the rest of the year. I think you need to look at the year before to see what kind of player he is. I think without his hernia surgery we would be talking about him at 15. This is not without risk, but we took that risk with Mill and I would say it worked out pretty well.

3rd, Comp. Jared Abbrederis, WR. I know,,,,,,,,, What is Ed thinking. Jared is not extremely athletic, and only has decent speed, but if you watch a Wisconsin game you will see two things. Abbrederis in the open, and Abbrederis making the catch. He just has a nak of finding the open spot, and when his QB is in trouble he works hard to find a passing lane, and a place to throw the ball. Jared sells his route better that most of the pros we watch. He also has a feel for there the open space is and what to do to get there. He also has extremely good hand, and will make a catch in traffic.

4- Jordan Trpp. OLB. A talented LB that would add depth to the LBing corp. I believe he has the ability to move inside if needed. Always around the ball, has recovered 10 fumbles in his career.

5- James Hurst. OT. Was figured to be a much higher pick before he broke his leg. One of the few OTs left that I think can play LT.

5 Comp- James White. RB. Runs with more power that he should have, keeps his feet moving during the tackle, pretty good in pass blocking, and can catch out of the backfield.

6- Aaron Colvin. CB. Was considered one of the better CBs in this draft before he tore up his ACL. If he slides this far will be well worth a wait and see pick.

6 Comp. Cody Hoffman. WR. A big kid that I think is a better receiver that he is given credit for.

7- Alden Darby. SS. Sounds like a great kid. Would just like to give him a shot.

Tex, I was just watching Cody Hoffman on some video today. Really like this kid…watch the end zone catch on this one.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/cody-hoffman-vs-georgia-tech-2013/

Texasteel
03-30-2014, 09:59 PM
Tex, I was just watching Cody Hoffman on some video today. Really like this kid…watch the end zone catch on this one.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/cody-hoffman-vs-georgia-tech-2013/

Make that kind of catch when you interfered with would come in handy when we play Seattle.

He's a kid that just seems to get to get not respect. At least not from the talking heads. We'll have to wait and see what the teams think.

Dwinsgames
03-30-2014, 10:07 PM
Make that kind of catch when you interfered with would come in handy when we play Seattle.

He's a kid that just seems to get to get not respect. At least not from the talking heads. We'll have to wait and see what the teams think.

started talking about him back in Nov or Dec , still like him ..and nobody does respect him , all he does is make plays and produce , not flashy but a highly productive workman and better wheels than given credit for a big guy too 4.5 -40 at 6'4" is pretty quick

- - - Updated - - -

I like it Tex

Texasteel
03-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Thanks Paul. I'd be damned if I would let Cody fall any farther, if he gets this far.

By the way guys, please excuse all the typing errors. I am just so darn tired right now.

Steelerette
03-30-2014, 11:31 PM
I know I've overplayed this hand but I can't help to still be in love with Nix. To me if you're going to be a 3-4 defense, then the key to doing that effectively starts with a real nose tackle. Sure McLendon has been adequate but I think that's about where Fangupo is going to top out too: adequate. I'd rather have a punch-you-in-the-dick defensive front that puts the fear of God into the league's elite QBs...

That's how you win. Today's NFL is turning into a finesse thing with small quick defenders and so forth. So why can't we be that one team that says "nuh-uh"? We can be that one team that laughs at these hybrid linebackers with our 250 lb running backs, that one team that smashes passing-team QBs in the face and rattles them right out of the playoffs...

st33lersguy
03-30-2014, 11:59 PM

This would be an amazing first 2 rounds. I can only dream this is correct

Steelerette
03-31-2014, 12:02 AM
If we managed to trade down a few picks in the first how would you feel about grabbing Odell Beckham? He's not the "tall" guy we tend to fetishize but he's absolutely everything else you want.

st33lersguy
03-31-2014, 10:47 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2014reader.php

Walter Football is currently doing his reader mock and is currently on the Steelers. Players to choose from Beckham, Benjamin, Cooks, Dennard, Ebron, Hageman, Lee, Martin, Mosley, Nix. Voting for Dennard because, with a big need at corner, it will be hard to justify the Steelers passing up the most pro ready corner in the draft. He also matches the BPA at position of need criteria

Aussie_steeler
04-01-2014, 04:58 AM
Very solid draft Ed

Would like to see a stronger OLB candidate somewhere, but across the board it is very strong.

Like Gilbert, Abbrederis, White, Colvin, Hoffman, Hurst.

I cant seem to come up with a concrete opinion on Tuitt. Need to do more research to form a fairer assessment.

Aussie_steeler
04-01-2014, 05:11 AM
At the moment this is what I think the steelers will do ( not what I want them to do)

1.15 Kelvin Benjamin WR ( wont be able to trade back, Benjamin is high on their board, they will take him)
2.46 Jeremiah Attaochu OLB ( I don't see any quality OLB's this year. Steelers like to take their developmental OLBs in the 2nd)
3.97 CJ Fiedorowicz TE ( iTodd Haley loves to run with 4 TE's. Paulson is not worth carrying, Spaeth has 1 yr left and Heath has a couple)
4.118 Phillip Gaines CB ( I just don't see too many 6 foot CBs that run a 4.40 in the middle of this draft. Gaines has those measurable)
5.157 Michael Schofield OT / OG ( They have been scouting Michigan and Lewan. I think they are also looking at his partner)
5.173 Avery Williamson ILB ( Possible 3 down ILB down the line)
6.192 Shamar Stephen DE ( big bodied 5 tech DE to develop)
6.215 Derrell Johnson OLB ( OLB prospect)
7.230 Shaquille Richardson CB ( should be a UDFA but signing him in the 7th guarantees you get him. remember Vince Williams last draft)

My head still wants a trade down. I just down see any teams willing to move up, and if they do it will be for peanuts ( see 49ers / Dallas trade last year)

Aussie_steeler
04-02-2014, 01:27 AM
Having posted what I think the steelers would do

Here is what I would do

1.15 Kyle Fuller CB
2.46 Donte Moncrieff WR
3.97 Shane Skov ILB
4.118 Chris Smith OLB
5.157 James Hurst OT / OG
5.173 James White RB
6.192 Shamar Stephen DE
6.215 Derrell Johnson OLB
7.230 Shaquille Richardson CB

Steelerette
04-02-2014, 02:11 AM

Here is what I would do

1.15 Kyle Fuller CB
2.46 Donte Moncrieff WR
3.97 Shane Skov ILB
4.118 Chris Smith OLB
5.173 James White RB
6.192 Shamar Stephen DE

I would be content with this. Chris Smith I guess will play OLB in our system, and we could use the depth. Skov is almost the prototype of what we want beside Timmons, but will probably need some time. Combine those two things and it makes Moats' one year deal perfect. If he works out well for us awesome, if not, he provided depth and bought us the time for these guys to develop.

Texasteel
04-02-2014, 09:15 AM

Here is what I would do

1.15 Kyle Fuller CB
2.46 Donte Moncrieff WR
3.97 Shane Skov ILB
4.118 Chris Smith OLB
5.173 James White RB
6.192 Shamar Stephen DE

The only thing I would argue, is a DE/DT I think we will try for one in the 3rd round, or in the second and a WR in the 3rd.

Steeltreal
04-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Jason Verrett scheduled to visit, trade down imminent

Psycho Ward 86
04-02-2014, 10:23 AM
OSU LB Ryan Shazier and ND DE Stephen Tuitt are going to have pre draft visits with the steelers according to Steelers Depot

Steelerette
04-03-2014, 07:40 PM
I think we're not done digging into Free Agency yet -- but the rest of the money will come after June 1st by way of:

1) The $8mm that Woodley gifts us, and
2) A multi-year deal for Worilds
3) A little bit of other shuffling...

Taking into account some of our scouting activity, here's how the draft will play out:

1) CB Darqueze Dennard
2) WR Donte Moncrief
3) DT DaQuan Jones
4) TE Arthur Lynch
5) RB Lache Seastrunk
5) ILB Caleb Lavey
6) CB Deion Belue
6) WR John Brown
7) P Tom Hornsey

We're going to pick up several UDFA: CB Shaq Richardson, OT Daryl Williams, DT Mister Cobble, among others.

Belue and John Brown, along with a few UDFA, are destined for the practice squad.

Matt Spaeth still sucks but he gets the nod because over Paulson or Palmer because he'll be the most expensive of them to cut, and at this point he's been made into emergency depth while Heath starts and Lynch learns the ropes.

We give Felix Jones a two year deal to come back. That's long enough for us to find out if Seastrunk will amount to anything.

Look for Whimper and Embernate to be the backup guards this year. We're playing with fire a little bit but, OL just couldn't be a priority this draft. Also look for a free agent signing after June 1 who can play either Tackle or Guard in a pinch. I was going to take a guess on who, but I left it open. Let's see who gets cut after the draft: someone who gets cut is going to be a nice depth player for us.

Tom Hornsey wins the punting job.

We sign Harrison for a one year deal for pretty cheap - not vet min but close enough. He plays situationally, teaches Jarvis a thing or two, and gets to retire a Steeler. There really isn't any room for Chris Carter anymore once that happens.

I've penciled in Sean Spence as a backup ILB but he may be replaced with a FA ILB, I just don't want it to be Sylvester or Foote. Let's see who gets cut after the draft.

Keisel is going to be back one last time. Carrington not working out was tough for us; even if Keisel comes back we need a serious depth signing and that depth signing is going to be Brandon Deaderick - he has the right kind of body to play DE in the 3-4 and has the kind of NFL experience that Arnfelt just can't offer.

Once the dust settles our projected 53 will look like:

QB Ben Roethlisberger
QB Bruce Gradkowski
QB Landry Jones

RB Le'Veon Bell
RB Legarrette Blount
RB Felix Jones
RB Lache Seastrunk
FB Will Johnson

WR Antonio Brown
WR Markus Wheaton
WR Donte Moncrief
WR Lance Moore
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey

TE Heath Miller
TE Arthur Lynch
TE Matt Spaeth

OT Kelvin Beachum
OT Mike Adams
OT Marcus Gilbert
OT ?? - FA pickup
OG David DeCastro
OG Ramon Foster
OG Guy Whimper
OG Nik Embernate
OC Maurkice Pouncey
OC Cody Wallace

K Shaun Suisham
P Tom Hornsey
LS Greg Warren

DE Cameron Heyward
DE Brett Keisel
DE Cam Thomas
DE Brandon Deaderick
DT Daquan Jones
DT Hebron Fangupo
NT Steve McLendon

OLB Jason Worilds
OLB Jarvis Jones
OLB James Harrison
OLB Arthur Moats
ILB Lawrence Timmons
ILB Vince Williams
ILB Sean Spence
ILB Caleb Lavey

CB Ike Taylor
CB Cortez Allen
CB Darqueze Dennard
CB Brice McCain
CB William Gay
S Troy Polamalu
S Mike Mitchell
S Shamarko Thomas
S Robert Golden

Psycho Ward 86
04-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Mel Kiper with the worst mock draft ever: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/04/mel-kiper-jr-interesting-picks-steelers-latest-three-round-mock-draft/

1st-Odell Beckham
2nd-Louis Nix III
3rd-Antone Exum

LMFAO

Steelerette
04-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Mel Kiper with the worst mock draft ever: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/04/mel-kiper-jr-interesting-picks-steelers-latest-three-round-mock-draft/

1st-Odell Beckham

I could live with it. Not my fave but he'll be good for sure. Seems like a reach but someone who won't be there when we pick in the 2nd either.

2nd-Louis Nix III

I would do backflips. No way in hell Nix falls to the end of the first, let alone middle of the second.

3rd-Antone ExumDude's like a sixth rounder. He might be actually a worthwhile selection for us later on because there's potential and we could allow him time to develop... but in the 3rd? No.

Dwinsgames
04-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Dude's like a sixth rounder. He might be actually a worthwhile selection for us later on because there's potential and we could allow him time to develop... but in the 3rd? No.

Exum is better than given credit , his 2013 play is held to much against him IMO they rushed him back after a knee injury and he play struggled due to it ...look at his 2012 tape before injury you will look at him in a different light I believe ... big physical DB who has enough speed to play press man , has ball skills can play FS or CB 3rd round may be a bit high , but 6th would be a complete steal

Steelman
04-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Thought this was an interesting scenario on First-Pick: the top 4 tackles went in a row before the 15th pick, leaving Evans and all three corners available. Traded down with Arizona (they really wanted a falling Bridgewater) for a 2nd rounder. Fuller was still there at 2.14 so I said why not double dip?

Your score is: 5026 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 20 (ARI): Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State (A)
Round 2 Pick 14: Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (B)
Round 2 Pick 20 (ARI): Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (B+)
Round 3 Pick 33 (COMP): Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee (A-)
Round 4 Pick 18: Josh Mauro, DE, Stanford (A-)
Round 5 Pick 17: Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin (A)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Michael Schofield, OT, Michigan (A)
Round 6 Pick 16: James White, RB, Wisconsin (A)
Round 6 Pick 39 (COMP): Howard Jones, OLB, Shepherd (B-)
Round 7 Pick 15: Taylor Hart, DE, Oregon (B)

Steelerette
04-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Thought this was an interesting scenario on First-Pick: the top 4 tackles went in a row before the 15th pick, leaving Evans and all three corners available. Traded down with Arizona (they really wanted a falling Bridgewater) for a 2nd rounder. Fuller was still there at 2.14 so I said why not double dip?

Your Picks:

I would be ecstatic with this draft.

Dwinsgames
04-07-2014, 12:40 PM

Your Picks:

impressive

Dwinsgames
04-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Your score is: 4965 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 6 (T.B.): C.J. Mosley (http://www.google.com/search?q=C.J.+Mosley+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), ILB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 14: Dee Ford (http://www.google.com/search?q=Dee+Ford+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), DE, Auburn (A)
Round 2 Pick 25 (S.D.): Cyrus Kouandjio (http://www.google.com/search?q=Cyrus+Kouandjio+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), OT, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 5 (T.B.): Jordan Matthews (http://www.google.com/search?q=Jordan+Matthews+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), WR, Vanderbilt (A)
Round 3 Pick 33 (COMP): E.J. Gaines (http://www.google.com/search?q=E.J.+Gaines+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), CB, Missouri (B+)
Round 4 Pick 18: Daniel McCullers (http://www.google.com/search?q=Daniel+McCullers+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), DT, Tennessee (A)
Round 5 Pick 17: Crockett Gillmore (http://www.google.com/search?q=Crockett+Gillmore+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), TE, Colorado State (A)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Storm Johnson (http://www.google.com/search?q=Storm+Johnson+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), RB, UCF (A-)
Round 6 Pick 39 (COMP): Aaron Colvin (http://www.google.com/search?q=Aaron+Colvin+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), CB, Oklahoma (C-)

Dwinsgames
04-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Your score is: 5100 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 28 (CAR): Kyle Fuller (http://www.google.com/search?q=Kyle+Fuller+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), CB, Virginia Tech (B+)
Round 2 Pick 26 (N.O.): Jeremiah Attaochu (http://www.google.com/search?q=Jeremiah+Attaochu+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), OLB, Georgia Tech (B+)
Round 2 Pick 30 (N.E.): Stephon Tuitt (http://www.google.com/search?q=Stephon+Tuitt+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), DE, Notre Dame (A)
Round 3 Pick 28 (CAR): Donte Moncrief (http://www.google.com/search?q=Donte+Moncrief+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), WR, Ole Miss (A)
Round 3 Pick 29 (N.E.): C.J. Fiedorowicz (http://www.google.com/search?q=C.J.+Fiedorowicz+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), TE, Iowa (B+)
Round 3 Pick 33 (COMP): Shayne Skov (http://www.google.com/search?q=Shayne+Skov+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), ILB, Stanford (B+)
Round 4 Pick 18: Daniel McCullers (http://www.google.com/search?q=Daniel+McCullers+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), DT, Tennessee (A)
Round 5 Pick 17: Andre Williams (http://www.google.com/search?q=Andre+Williams+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), RB, Boston College (A)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Tre Boston (http://www.google.com/search?q=Tre+Boston+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), FS, North Carolina (C)
Round 6 Pick 39 (COMP): Brett Smith (http://www.google.com/search?q=Brett+Smith+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), QB, Wyoming (A-)