PDA

View Full Version : Louis Nix III - Would you want him in the first round?

MrPgh
01-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Some of the so called "draft experts" have implied that the Steelers may take Notre Dame NT Louis Nix III in the first round. Ideally, he would be able to help the Steelers run defense. I'm a bit hesitant to buy into that. That's not to say he can't be a dominant NT in the NFL, but the Steelers haven't drafted well when taking d-linemen in the first round. Cam Heyward had a good season after a slow start his first two years, and Ziggy Hood never really became the player the Steelers hoped he would be. I understand that outside of a WR this draft will likely be heavy on defense, but I think given the Steelers history with drafting d-linemen I'd like to see them avoid taking one in the first round. Personally, I'd like to see the Steelers take Mike Evans in the first then go defense the rest of the way.

Thoughts?

GBMelBlount
01-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Some of the so called "draft experts" have implied that the Steelers may take Notre Dame NT Louis Nix III in the first round. Ideally, he would be able to help the Steelers run defense. I'm a bit hesitant to buy into that. That's not to say he can't be a dominant NT in the NFL, but the Steelers haven't drafted well when taking d-linemen in the first round. Cam Heyward had a good season after a slow start his first two years, and Ziggy Hood never really became the player the Steelers hoped he would be. I understand that outside of a WR this draft will likely be heavy on defense, but I think given the Steelers history with drafting d-linemen I'd like to see them avoid taking one in the first round. Personally, I'd like to see the Steelers take Mike Evans in the first then go defense the rest of the way.

Thoughts?

I am not sure I understand how the Steeler's past history has to do with how well Nix will do in the NFL?

ALLD
01-01-2014, 10:23 AM
They need to work on the OL. Not so many RBs in the league anymore.

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2014, 01:30 PM
I am not sure I understand how the Steeler's past history has to do with how well Nix will do in the NFL?

me neither. I also count 2 early draft picks along the D-line that were listed. I would hardly call that a poor history of drafting DL, especially when one looks like a budding superstar.

Nix is a good pick imo. I would prefer Dennard or Clinton-Dix if possible though.

Dwinsgames
01-01-2014, 02:04 PM
we seemingly suck at drafting second round tackles too does that mean we should avoid them ? LOL NO.....

Nfl draft picks are a numbers game to some degree if you fail on a pick to never address it again in that round would be never improving

st33lersguy
01-01-2014, 03:40 PM
The team has more pressing needs than NT. Defensive back like Gilbert, Dennard, or Clinton-Dix or an OT like Robinson or Cyrus from Alabama to replace that stumble-bum Marcus Gilbert

Godfather
01-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Woods and McLendon are serviceable. Not world-beaters but I'm willing to go into battle with them.

We desperately need help in the secondary. Troy, Clark, and Ike are all at the end of the line and we'll have all new starters in 2015. Better to find them and start grooming them now. We also need to start thinking about Heath's successor, and we need depth on the O-line.

ALLD
01-01-2014, 04:28 PM
The team has more pressing needs than NT. Defensive back like Gilbert, Dennard, or Clinton-Dix or an OT like Robinson or Cyrus from Alabama to replace that stumble-bum Marcus Gilbert

That statement is offensive to stumble bums across the NFL. Gilbert looks more like a blind circus bear feeling through the air and tripping over a banana peel the monkey left behind.

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2014, 05:25 PM
That statement is offensive to stumble bums across the NFL. Gilbert looks more like a blind circus bear feeling through the air and tripping over a banana peel the monkey left behind.

lmfao