PDA

View Full Version : Prisuta's Further Review: vs. Browns

GBMelBlount
01-01-2014, 07:48 AM

Said quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, “I’m really proud of what’s happened. We started 0-4; things are not looking so good. Guys have just continued to fight, they’ve never quit. So yeah, I look at satisfaction, happy, proud of the fight. We’re going to build on this whether we’re getting ready for next week or next year. I think we’ve put together a good foundation. Whatever we’re preparing for, building on, we’ll do that.”

Added wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders,

“I’m extremely proud of us. Starting off the season 0-4, to be able to get the record back to .500, I mean, it’s amazing.”

Nobody said that after 8-8 last season....

NEXT STOP SAFETY?

Cornerback Ike Taylor said a position switch has been discussed.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Prisutas-Further-Review-vs-Browns/f4545a51-8e15-408d-9dfc-e0b3b41241b9

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Clark on playing for the Steelers: “It’s been awesome, man. They gave me a chance twice. Coming out of Washington they gave me an opportunity to play, gave me an opportunity to play in the Super Bowl. Some of my best friends are here in Pittsburgh. There are people I will remember forever. It was a blessing and an honor to play for an organization like this, and I hope to continue playing but if not there will be no hard feelings, nothing but great memories.”

Defensive end Brett Keisel on potentially playing his last game at Heinz Field: “I might have smelled the roses a little bit. It was a great defensive effort, a great team effort. I love being a Steeler.”

i think its time to move on from these 2, but love their attitude and everything they have done for us. I think ike could be a pretty good safety as well. We need a stopgap solution for a year or 2 while we draft a safety and get him acclimated

SteelerFanInStl
01-01-2014, 06:37 PM
I like the idea of Ike moving to safety but who's gonna play CB? Cortez, who didn't have a good year, and who else? Gay? I'm not even sure what his contract situation is. We don't have anyone else who's even slightly competent.

NCSteeler
01-01-2014, 07:27 PM
I don't see an obvious replacement for Keisel or Ike. I think they both still have something to offer for the right price. I think Clark still has some gas left too, but I would like to see shamArko and golden get some serious preseason time.

one side only
01-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Ike will be a cap casualty. A year too late.