PDA

View Full Version : LLT First 2014 Mock

LLT
12-31-2013, 04:59 PM
1. Darqueze Dennard, CB from Michigan State, 5-11 197 lbs. Considered a top 10 pick on a lot of boards but I think his value lies somehwere in the mid teens. Faster than scouts are giving him credit for. Can play man or zone and not afraid to tackle. Would be Taylors eventual replacement.

2. Jack Mewhort, OT from Ohio State, 6-6 308 lbs. I watched the Michigan/Ohio State game to get a better feel for Taylor Lewan and came away very impressed with Mewhort. Very VERY good anchor, strong punch, and good knee bend. Stood his defender up on several occasions and steered them away from the ball. Also seemed to have above average awareness and would chip the inside player before engaging his man, allowing the backfield to pick up the blitz. May be a riser.

3. Dion Bailey, FS from Southern California, 6-0 200 lbs. Smart and aggressive player that has played both linebacker and safety. Soft hands and knows how to jump routes. One thing that I liked on tape was that he was assignment responsible, which is a must in Lebeau's defense. Can play close to the line (6.5 tackles for loss) and seems to understand the game at a high level.

3. Donte Moncrief, WR from Ole Miss, 6-2 226 lbs. Soft spoken wide reciever who runs very good routes. Deceptive speed but his strength seems to lie in getting himself in position to make the catch. Quick twitch player with good work ethic and a team first mentality.

4. Daniel McCullers, DT from Tennessee, 6-6 351 lbs. Nice compliment to the more athletic NT's that we have been using. Demands the double-team. Possesses very good strength and mainains good leverage for a 6-6 tackle. Teams attempting to block him one on one may regret it. Not going to impress anyone with his lateral movement but can bulldoze lineman to collapse the pocket. Would be used on obvious run plays and short yardage situations. Something that we desperately need.

5. Prince Shembo, OLB from Notre Dame, 6-1 258 lbs. OLB who knows how to get to the QB. Racked up 5.0 sacks, 5.0 tackles for loss, and 17 quarterback hurries this year. Good eye for the ball and can stop a ballcarrier in his tracks. Athletic enough to drop into coverage. May need a little coaching up in the pros but plays lights out every play.

5. James White, RB from Wisconsin, 5-10 195 lbs. Pittsburgh has three RB's that will UFA's at the end of the season. White is an all purpose back that would be able to spell Bell and provide a unigue combination of strength for his size. it seems that White never stops churning and fights for every inch. Most boards have him as a late 6th rounder but I think he will climb the boards before draft day. White is one of those backs that could be drafted late and still end up starting for some team. He is a steal in the fifth.

6. Ross Cockrell, CB from Duke, 6-0 190 lbs. I've had this player in my pocket for awhile. Good size, good speed. Could develope into a legitimate starter if a coach can teach him how to be a bit more aggressive when jamming recievers and learning how to disengage from them in traffic. Shouldnt be a problem, he is a very smart player who succeeds on the field and in the classroom. Should contribute immedialtely on ST's.

7. Garrison Smith DE from Georgia, 6-3 299 lbs. Played DT but I have him as a 3-4 DE on my board. Strong and above average bull rusher. Will need to add some moves to his arsenal at the next level, but I do like the way he uses his hands to disengage from blockers.

Dwinsgames
12-31-2013, 05:15 PM
McCullers is another guy I had mocked here a few weeks back , he does have some negatives ( plays soft from time to time ) and fails to be disruptive at times even when he gets a 1 on 1 , however I have seen him triple teamed and not give ground and inch before pushing his way to where he wants to get ... so without a doubt he has the ability and with proper coaching the sky could be the limit ,,, but again if he where perfect we would be talking top 10 pick instead of 4th rounder so yes at that point I am pretty high on him as well ( maybe he is not the sleeper I thought he was Tex likes him too )

Like Moncrief too ...

nice mock

LLT
12-31-2013, 05:20 PM
McCullers is another guy I had mocked here a few weeks back , he does have some negatives ( plays soft from time to time ) and fails to be disruptive at times even when he gets a 1 on 1 , however I have seen him triple teamed and not give ground and inch before pushing his way to where he wants to get ... so without a doubt he has the ability and with proper coaching the sky could be the limit ,,, but again if he where perfect we would be talking top 10 pick instead of 4th rounder so yes at that point I am pretty high on him as well ( maybe he is not the sleeper I thought he was Tex likes him too )

Like Moncrief too ...

nice mock

I think I know what game you are talking about with McCullers. He seemed slower than usual and was on the ground a time or two. I wonder if he was sick or nursing a injury? Moncrief would be a fantastic 2nd or 3rd reciever. He is the type of WR that some team might fall in love with and snatch a round earlier than his draft grade indicates.

Aussie_steeler
12-31-2013, 06:39 PM
Will need time to digest this one Perry.

Love Dennard, Moncrieff and White. That alone would make me happy.

Shembo might be DND as he has a sexual assault allegation following him. Google it.

Mewhort and Bailey are players I need to scout.

Love the way you challenge us with well constructed mocks.

(FYI - Jace Amaro lit it up last night against the sun devils. )

LLT
12-31-2013, 06:44 PM
Will need time to digest this one Perry.

Love Dennard, Moncrieff and White. That alone would make me happy.

Shembo might be DND as he has a sexual assault allegation following him. Google it.

Mewhort and Bailey are players I need to scout.

Love the way you challenge us with well constructed mocks.

(FYI - Jace Amaro lit it up last night against the sun devils. )

Didnt hear that about Shembo...that would eliminate him from my draft (if there is substance to it)

Aussie_steeler
12-31-2013, 06:50 PM
I have been scouting mid round OLB's and his profile fits the typical steeler DE conversion range.

http://fortheglorypsu.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/the-notre-dame-story-media-does-not.html
(http://fortheglorypsu.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/the-notre-dame-story-media-does-not.html)
The interview process will need to be comprehensive to determine his draft status

Dwinsgames
12-31-2013, 06:58 PM
Slide this kid in Shembo's place and call it a day :coffee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX8ZFjsp85s

Steeltreal
12-31-2013, 09:42 PM
No TE, LLT?

Paulson, Spaeth, Miller all under contract. David Johnson gone.

Shoes
12-31-2013, 09:49 PM
Paulson, Spaeth, Miller all under contract. David Johnson gone.

I would still think we need a replacement for Miller. It sure isn't in Paulson or Spaeth.

Very nice Mock LLT.

Devilsdancefloor
12-31-2013, 10:17 PM
Mike evans would look nice in B&G :)

1. Justin Gilbert CB 6' 200lbs
2. Deone Bucannon SS 6'1" 215lbs
3. C.J. Fiedorwicz TE 6'6" 265lbs
4 Jared Abbrederis WR 6'1" 190lbs
5.Calvin Barnett DT 6'2 300lbs
6.Billy Turner OT 6'5" 310lbs
7.James Morris ILB 6'1 240lbs

Psycho Ward 86
12-31-2013, 10:40 PM
Mike evans would look nice in B&G :)

1. Justin Gilbert CB 6' 200lbs
2. Deone Bucannon SS 6'1" 215lbs
3. C.J. Fiedorwicz TE 6'6" 265lbs
4 Jared Abbrederis WR 6'1" 190lbs
5.Calvin Barnett DT 6'2 300lbs
6.Billy Turner OT 6'5" 310lbs
7.James Morris ILB 6'1 240lbs

im a Badger myself so i should be hootin and hollering for that pick but i think thats way too early for abbrederis. Kid seems a bit too slow and weak against press coverage to make it in the NFL i feel

Devilsdancefloor
12-31-2013, 11:08 PM
im a Badger myself so i should be hootin and hollering for that pick but i think thats way too early for abbrederis. Kid seems a bit too slow and weak against press coverage to make it in the NFL i feel

he kind of reminds me of Hines not flashy, but a football player

st33lersguy
01-01-2014, 01:55 AM
I like Dennard in the first round. I also think it was good getting 2 DBs in the first 3 picks, I think that is the weakest area with the age, lack of depth, and decline in ability among the current batch of defensive backs

Texasteel
01-01-2014, 09:43 AM

Watched a lot of the Badgers as well. your right he is not flashy, or a burner, but it seemed to be able to find the open spot, and made the catch when the Badgers really needed it. I like the kid myself.

Dwinsgames
01-01-2014, 11:18 AM
I think Abbrederis is faster than given credit for , certainly he is not a " Burner" but I think he is plenty fast enough ( 4.5 area in the speed department ) ...he always seems to find the open spot in the zone and has very good hands

me and Tex talked about him in another thread here too might wanna look that up , he reminds me of Jordy Nelson ( not quite as fast ) but he is a bit of a long strider and that makes him look slower than he actually is

VERY similar players IMO

jared abbrederis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGWXphHFTaY

Jordy Nelson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUu-nLx0lw

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Love the mock LLT. Is this mock using the picks we currently know we have or the picks we will probably end up having if compensatory picks are included?

Dwinsgames
01-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Love the mock LLT. Is this mock using the picks we currently know we have or the picks we will probably end up having if compensatory picks are included?

with our presumed comps , seems we have it figured the same a pair of 3rds and 5th

LLT
01-01-2014, 02:07 PM

With comp picks.

I think (based on what we know now) that Dwin is right on the mark for where those pics are at. So keep in mind, the comps will all be at the end of those rounds.

I only mention that because it changes what players we should be looking at...especially in the third round. The later rounds are, of course, more of a crap shoot.

LLT
01-01-2014, 02:27 PM
I would still think we need a replacement for Miller. It sure isn't in Paulson or Spaeth.

Very nice Mock LLT.

I agree...but it is going to have to be a relatively high pick and we have greater needs this year. A replacement for Heath can hopefully be found in the first couple of rounds in 2015. We have to put some youth into our defensive backfield.

That being said. They may decide to stick with the current o-line (gasp)...and with our second pick we could pick up a player like Jace Amaro from Texas Tech, who has declared for the 2014 draft. I also like C.J. Fiedorowicz out of Iowa, who has good hands and is a very good blocker, but not quite as fast as Amaro.

LLT
01-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Slide this kid in Shembo's place and call it a day :coffee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX8ZFjsp85s

Gayle is interesting...especially with the combination of height and speed. I think he might need to add some weight, but looks like he has the frame to do it.

Dwinsgames
01-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Gayle is interesting...especially with the combination of height and speed. I think he might need to add some weight, but looks like he has the frame to do it.

wonder what he would be like if he stayed on the weights and dropped some weight ...... and instead of end , OLB ..... he reminds me a bit of a young Woodley

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2014, 03:35 PM
I agree...but it is going to have to be a relatively high pick and we have greater needs this year. A replacement for Heath can hopefully be found in the first couple of rounds in 2015. We have to put some youth into our defensive backfield.

That being said. They may decide to stick with the current o-line (gasp)...and with our second pick we could pick up a player like Jace Amaro from Texas Tech, who has declared for the 2014 draft. I also like C.J. Fiedorowicz out of Iowa, who has good hands and is a very good blocker, but not quite as fast as Amaro.

as long as we pick up a DB of some sort in the 1st round, i would be happy to take jace amaro with a 2nd round pick. I dont think much of the one arrest on his record (i believe almost none of his alleged actions were confirmed?) and ive read some articles and all of the people around him saw no red flags on him at all up until that incident. With how popular great pass catching tight ends have become, i have a hunch someone will reach for him, maybe even at the end of the 1st round, but hopefully the arrest deters them.

Sanders is just going to cost too much to keep and we dont know what we have in wheaton. Amaro needs great improvement in his blocking, but i truthfully dont even care because we have Heath and Spaeth who are both great blockers for us. Amaro will add one hell of a dimension for this offense. Would like to see us arm Ben to the teeth as long as he is still around.

And on 2nd thought, regarding Prince Shembo, im actually taking him off my draft board entirely. Reading the story about his alleged rape 2 years ago, the details are just shady as hell.

LLT
01-01-2014, 03:45 PM
wonder what he would be like if he stayed on the weights and dropped some weight ...... and instead of end , OLB ..... he reminds me a bit of a young Woodley

I like the film. Nice use of hands and good spin move. He does have a tendancy to lower his head on contact...but that is something that can be corrected.

LLT
01-01-2014, 03:53 PM
as long as we pick up a DB of some sort in the 1st round, i would be happy to take jace amaro with a 2nd round pick. I dont think much of the one arrest on his record (i believe almost none of his alleged actions were confirmed?) and ive read some articles and all of the people around him saw no red flags on him at all up until that incident. With how popular great pass catching tight ends have become, i have a hunch someone will reach for him, maybe even at the end of the 1st round, but hopefully the arrest deters them.

Sanders is just going to cost too much to keep and we dont know what we have in wheaton. Amaro needs great improvement in his blocking, but i truthfully dont even care because we have Heath and Spaeth who are both great blockers for us. Amaro will add one hell of a dimension for this offense. Would like to see us arm Ben to the teeth as long as he is still around.

And on 2nd thought, regarding Prince Shembo, im actually taking him off my draft board entirely. Reading the story about his alleged rape 2 years ago, the details are just shady as hell.

Heath is still playing like an all-pro and I think he has a few years left...Amaro would be nice, but as "of now" I still think TE can wait a year. I'm with you on DB in the first. I think we may draft up to three DB's in this draft

Texasteel
01-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Good looking draft Perry, but as I have been saying, I think a team will over draft Dennard. At 15 I don't mind him. I have been thinking that Bailey would stay at SS, but still a hell of a player. Don't know if he will last through the 3rd round. The rest of the picks are solid picks as well, and very usable players for us. May I suggest replacing Shembo with Kirksey from Iowa. I have thought for a while now that Kirksey could easily slide inside and play ILB for us.

LLT
01-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Just as an "add on" in regards to OLB prospects...A small school prospect that I will be keeping my eye on is Montana States Brad Daly. 6-1 240 lbs. He was the Buchanan Award winner as the top defensive player in NCAA Division I Football. We will get a chance to see him in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl all-star game on January 18.

He finished 2013 with 14 sacks and 20.5 tackles-for-loss. If he runs in the 4.6 range (whioch I think is necessary in order to fall back into coverage) I think he is worth a late round risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Good looking draft Perry, but as I have been saying, I think a team will over draft Dennard. At 15 I don't mind him. I have been thinking that Bailey would stay at SS, but still a hell of a player. Don't know if he will last through the 3rd round. The rest of the picks are solid picks as well, and very usable players for us. May I suggest replacing Shembo with Kirksey from Iowa. I have thought for a while now that Kirksey could easily slide inside and play ILB for us.

I wonder at the FO's mindset...If they think Worilds and Jones (With Carter behind them) is deep enough. Is so...we may be looking at an ILB around the 4-6 rounds. I like Kirksey...but considered him more of a 4-3 OLB. I hadnt considered him on the inside until now...great point!

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2014, 05:19 PM
if dennard and clinton dix get drafted in front of us, i hope that means one of the absolute top tier OT's has dropped to us. Otherwise, i might trade back

LLT
01-01-2014, 05:38 PM
if dennard and clinton dix get drafted in front of us, i hope that means one of the absolute top tier OT's has dropped to us. Otherwise, i might trade back

If Dennard drops...we will have plenty of suiters. Cincy and Denver would trade up for a shot at him....also possibly the 49ers and Panthers would be interested.

steelerdude15
01-01-2014, 08:02 PM
1. Darqueze Dennard, CB from Michigan State, 5-11 197 lbs. Considered a top 10 pick on a lot of boards but I think his value lies somehwere in the mid teens. Faster than scouts are giving him credit for. Can play man or zone and not afraid to tackle. Would be Taylors eventual replacement.

2. Jack Mewhort, OT from Ohio State, 6-6 308 lbs. I watched the Michigan/Ohio State game to get a better feel for Taylor Lewan and came away very impressed with Mewhort. Very VERY good anchor, strong punch, and good knee bend. Stood his defender up on several occasions and steered them away from the ball. Also seemed to have above average awareness and would chip the inside player before engaging his man, allowing the backfield to pick up the blitz. May be a riser.

3. Dion Bailey, FS from Southern California, 6-0 200 lbs. Smart and aggressive player that has played both linebacker and safety. Soft hands and knows how to jump routes. One thing that I liked on tape was that he was assignment responsible, which is a must in Lebeau's defense. Can play close to the line (6.5 tackles for loss) and seems to understand the game at a high level.

3. Donte Moncrief, WR from Ole Miss, 6-2 226 lbs. Soft spoken wide reciever who runs very good routes. Deceptive speed but his strength seems to lie in getting himself in position to make the catch. Quick twitch player with good work ethic and a team first mentality.

4. Daniel McCullers, DT from Tennessee, 6-6 351 lbs. Nice compliment to the more athletic NT's that we have been using. Demands the double-team. Possesses very good strength and mainains good leverage for a 6-6 tackle. Teams attempting to block him one on one may regret it. Not going to impress anyone with his lateral movement but can bulldoze lineman to collapse the pocket. Would be used on obvious run plays and short yardage situations. Something that we desperately need.

5. Prince Shembo, OLB from Notre Dame, 6-1 258 lbs. OLB who knows how to get to the QB. Racked up 5.0 sacks, 5.0 tackles for loss, and 17 quarterback hurries this year. Good eye for the ball and can stop a ballcarrier in his tracks. Athletic enough to drop into coverage. May need a little coaching up in the pros but plays lights out every play.

5. James White, RB from Wisconsin, 5-10 195 lbs. Pittsburgh has three RB's that will UFA's at the end of the season. White is an all purpose back that would be able to spell Bell and provide a unigue combination of strength for his size. it seems that White never stops churning and fights for every inch. Most boards have him as a late 6th rounder but I think he will climb the boards before draft day. White is one of those backs that could be drafted late and still end up starting for some team. He is a steal in the fifth.

6. Ross Cockrell, CB from Duke, 6-0 190 lbs. I've had this player in my pocket for awhile. Good size, good speed. Could develope into a legitimate starter if a coach can teach him how to be a bit more aggressive when jamming recievers and learning how to disengage from them in traffic. Shouldnt be a problem, he is a very smart player who succeeds on the field and in the classroom. Should contribute immedialtely on ST's.

7. Garrison Smith DE from Georgia, 6-3 299 lbs. Played DT but I have him as a 3-4 DE on my board. Strong and above average bull rusher. Will need to add some moves to his arsenal at the next level, but I do like the way he uses his hands to disengage from blockers.

That's big in my book. I think we have excellent man coverage corners, but not zone corners. That would be beneficial since the Steelers use both coverage schemes.

LLT
01-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Word out of Pittsburgh is that Worilds is probably going to be resigned REGARDLESS of whether Woodley is released or not and that they are okay with leaving Beachum at LT. They are putting CB, WR and Defensive End as the top priorities. We all need to readjust our mocks accordingly!

Devilsdancefloor
01-03-2014, 10:26 AM
ugh may is so far off lol but i still stand behind the mock i did above for now, but i will change my mind the more i talk to some of you i am sure hopefullly i can persuade you to my darkside as well :)

LLT
01-03-2014, 10:36 AM
ugh may is so far off lol but i still stand behind the mock i did above for now, but i will change my mind the more i talk to some of you i am sure hopefullly i can persuade you to my darkside as well :)

LOL!!!

Psycho Ward 86
01-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Word out of Pittsburgh is that Worilds is probably going to be resigned REGARDLESS of whether Woodley is released or not and that they are okay with leaving Beachum at LT. They are putting CB, WR and Defensive End as the top priorities. We all need to readjust our mocks accordingly!

im thrilled. do you have a link so i can jump with glee a little more :)

LLT
01-03-2014, 11:28 AM
im thrilled. do you have a link so i can jump with glee a little more :)

It was the interview with Bouchette. At first I only read the story...but then I listened to the actual broadcast. Very informative. He was adamant that Worilds beings signed was not based on Woodley. Dropping Levi Brown....and adjusting the contracts for Troy and Ike, were some of the ways he talked about freeing up money. He seemed to think that Kiesel is gone...Sanders is gone...Clark is gone...but that Foote would stay.

steelerdude15
01-03-2014, 04:52 PM

If this information is true, I am fine with it. I think we should definitely give Beachum a chance to play all sixteen games as the starting left tackle. I definitely like that they would want to resign Jason. On top of that, I think defensive end is the biggest need for this team at this point and time. I highly doubt Brett and Ziggy will be back and we could definitely use someone else to compliment Cam.

SteelerFanInStl
01-03-2014, 06:02 PM
If this information is true, I am fine with it. I think we should definitely give Beachum a chance to play all sixteen games as the starting left tackle. I definitely like that they would want to resign Jason. On top of that, I think defensive end is the biggest need for this team at this point and time. I highly doubt Brett and Ziggy will be back and we could definitely use someone else to compliment Cam.

DE the biggest need? I disagree with that. Our secondary was terrible this year and needs help at both CB and S. We certainly will need some help at DE if Ziggy and Brett leave but I still don't think it's our top need. I also really hope to God that we don't use another top pick to try to fill that need.

steelerdude15
01-04-2014, 01:10 PM
DE the biggest need? I disagree with that. Our secondary was terrible this year and needs help at both CB and S. We certainly will need some help at DE if Ziggy and Brett leave but I still don't think it's our top need. I also really hope to God that we don't use another top pick to try to fill that need.

I won't disagree that our secondary was terrible. They were definitely a liability all year and I think there were a few factors into why that happened. IMO, the factors were Troy playing ILB in the dime package a lot, the scheme in which our corners played ten yards off their man instead of playing man coverage, which is their strength, and Ike and Ryan having a down year. I think Ike could bounce back and Troy definitely still has it. We just drafted Shamarko this year so he definitely needs more time to develop. I think we need another defensive end who will open up lanes for the linebackers, put pressure on the QB, and shut down the run. Cam is starting to develop into that and we could use someone to compliment him. As of right now, we have a big hole to fill unless Brett comes back.

SteelerFanInStl
01-04-2014, 01:44 PM
I won't disagree that our secondary was terrible. They were definitely a liability all year and I think there were a few factors into why that happened. IMO, the factors were Troy playing ILB in the dime package a lot, the scheme in which our corners played ten yards off their man instead of playing man coverage, which is their strength, and Ike and Ryan having a down year. I think Ike could bounce back and Troy definitely still has it. We just drafted Shamarko this year so he definitely needs more time to develop. I think we need another defensive end who will open up lanes for the linebackers, put pressure on the QB, and shut down the run. Cam is starting to develop into that and we could use someone to compliment him. As of right now, we have a big hole to fill unless Brett comes back.

Woods/Fangupo at NT and McClendon back to DE? Add a 3rd - 5th round pick at DE for young talent.

steelerdude15
01-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Woods/Fangupo at NT and McClendon back to DE? Add a 3rd - 5th round pick at DE for young talent.

That is something the Steelers could do and it would be interesting to see if they do go that route. I am up for it because it could work.

Psycho Ward 86
01-05-2014, 08:36 PM

Why not just leave Mclendon there and Fangupo as backup? Mclendon had a great year contrary to what many people thought: http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/19141-So-you-think-Steve-Mclendon-was-bad-against-the-run-in-2013-%28Wrong%29?p=418383&viewfull=1#post418383

SteelerFanInStl
01-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Why not just leave Mclendon there and Fangupo as backup? Mclendon had a great year contrary to what many people thought: http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/19141-So-you-think-Steve-Mclendon-was-bad-against-the-run-in-2013-%28Wrong%29?p=418383&viewfull=1#post418383

The post was in reply to the thought of needing to use an early draft pick for DE.

While Mclendon is decent at NT, he's just not a guy who's going to occupy two blockers. I liked what I saw of Woods this year so I hope that we can re-sign him.

I'm fine with what we've got at NT as I think we've got much bigger needs elsewhere on the defense.

Psycho Ward 86
01-05-2014, 08:53 PM
The post was in reply to the thought of needing to use an early draft pick for DE.

While Mclendon is decent at NT, he's just not a guy who's going to occupy two blockers. I liked what I saw of Woods this year so I hope that we can re-sign him.

I'm fine with what we've got at NT as I think we've got much bigger needs elsewhere on the defense.

I think after reading that Mclendon can occupy 2 guys fine. He did great last season, and apparently did pretty well this season too. i think the heavy usage of sub packages kind of made him hard to evaluate. Looks like were both praying for a CB or S early. Although i would be ecstatic if Mike Evans, Marqise Lee, or Sammy Watkins falls in our lap.

SteelerFanInStl
01-05-2014, 09:16 PM
I think after reading that Mclendon can occupy 2 guys fine. He did great last season, and apparently did pretty well this season too. i think the heavy usage of sub packages kind of made him hard to evaluate. Looks like were both praying for a CB or S early. Although i would be ecstatic if Mike Evans, Marqise Lee, or Sammy Watkins falls in our lap.

Yes, CB and/or S early. Our DBs are where we're really hurting. I'd be thrilled with Evans or Watkins in the first. Not Lee in the first though.