PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu opens old subject to run, not allow big plays

Galax Steeler
08-11-2010, 04:21 AM
This is not a new subject for safety Troy Polamalu, this business of being able to run the ball better to make the defense more effective.

He first talked about it before the 2007 season when Bruce Arians replaced Ken Whisenhunt as the offensive coordinator. And he was back on the subject again at training camp because of the way the defense struggled last season, blowing fourth-quarter leads and allowing a boatload of big plays -- something they did not do in 2008

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10223/1079130-66.stm#ixzz0wHt2I7Lt

stillers4me
08-11-2010, 06:01 AM
The heat index on the practice field was 102, making it the hottest day of camp to date. When he was asked about keeping the players hydrated, Tomlin said, "We do not run an operation that creates water scarcity." ...

Tomlin speak for : "No shit Sherlock" :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Bluecoat96
08-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Tomlin speak for : "No shit Sherlock" :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:
I give props to him, because my sarcastic ass couldn't come up with a response near as diplomatic as him.

Killer
08-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Troy is right - big plays on ST killed us.

a Will Allen sighting!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201008/dianasteelers081010_01_500.jpg

SirHulka
08-11-2010, 07:22 AM
What killed you last year was lack of focus. Polamalu went down, and everyone seemed to be wandering around with their head up the.. um, in a fog.

venom
08-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Whats big in Polamalu is that he brings out the best in Ryan Clark , and thats big !!! We need that help in the secondary . Hope to get more than 12 int's this year from them and the CB"s

vrabinec
08-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Whats big in Polamalu is that he brings out the best in Ryan Clark , and thats big !!! We need that help in the secondary . Hope to get more than 12 int's this year from them and the CB"s

Polamalu doesn't just make Clark better, he makes the corners better because he has an extra ten yards of range. That means the corners can play the receivers tighter along the sideline without having to worry that the receiver will cut it back inside and beat our safeties deep. That means they can jump the out patterns and the buttonhooks along the sideline. Also, that means the QB has to fit the ball in a tighter spot along the sideline on the fly pattern down the sideline. Polamalu changes the dynamics of the defense.