PDA

View Full Version : First 2014 NFL Mock

Steelman
12-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Yeah, it's so early that it's almost dumb. But I really enjoy the draft process, so here goes my time ever putting together one of these! I'm not really a draftnik like some of you guys, so feedback definitely appreciated. I try to consider BPA/need for each team, but obviously the draft board is bound to change drastically in the next 5 months, plus FA and trades.

Off the bat, I went with a slightly different pick in Matthews over Bridgewater for the Texans, since they may be better off by adding a young QB with some bench experience (Cousins, Mallet) or signing a veteran (Cutler) instead of trying to develop a rookie. I could see them drafting McCarron in the 2nd or 3rd. I also expect a team to trade up with the Rams for Clowney, but it's way too early to be predicting trades. So here goes.

2014 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
by A Non-Expert, Above-Average Fan

1. Texans
Jake Matthews, OT

2. Rams (via WAS)
Anthony Barr, OLB

3. Jaguars
Jadeveon Clowney, DE

4. Browns
Teddy Bridgewater, QB

5. Raiders
Sammy Watkins, WR

6. Falcons
Cyrus Kouandjio, OT

7. Buccaneers
Greg Robinson, OT

8. Vikings
Johnny Manziel, QB

9. Bills
Taylor Lewan, OT

10. Lions
Mike Evans, WR

11. Titans
Justin Gilbert, CB

12. Giants
Khalil Mack, LB

13. Rams
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB

14. Bears
HaHa Clinton-Dix, S

15. Steelers
Darqueze Dennard, CB

16. Ravens
Marqise Lee, WR

17. Cowboys
Stephon Tuitt, DE

18. Jets
Eric Ebron, TE

19. Dolphins
Antonio Richardson, OT

20. Cardinals
Cyril Richardson, OG

(playoff teams)

21. Packers
Louis Nix, DT

22. Chargers
Ra’Shede Hageman, DT

23. Eagles
Jason Verrett, CB

24. Chiefs
C.J. Mosley, ILB

25. Bengals
Marcus Roberson, CB

26. Browns (via IND)
Zack Martin, OL

27. Saints
Loucheiz Purifoy, CB

28. Patriots
Timmy Jernigan, DT

29. Panthers
Jordan Matthews, WR

30. 49ers
Odell Beckham Jr, WR

31. Broncos
Bradley Roby, CB

32. Seahawks
Jace Amaro, TE

Dwinsgames
12-30-2013, 03:37 PM
by A Non-Expert, Above-Average Fan

anybody not putting themselves in that category that is not making 6 or more figures a years doing what we do for fun is

A ) fooling themsleves

B) full of themself

C) Mentally insane

D) some combination of all of the above

But I believe QB will encompass 3 of the first 5 picks and would not be shocked to see the first and second over all selections traded back ....

I think the Texans will go after a QB in FA or via trade because they are 2 things away from contention 1 ) Good Health 2) Quality QB play and a rookie QB solves neither of these issues

My biggest Qualm about this draft would not be anyone that is in the first round but guys who are absent Cam Erving , Scherff whom I think sneaks into the first round

but nice first effort over all

Psycho Ward 86
12-31-2013, 11:14 AM
bold picks. i think the rams are going to be the ones to really scramble everyone's draft board