PDA

View Full Version : The 2014 Draft

Pages : [1] 2 3

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2013, 08:35 PM
I really like Haha Clinton-Dix from Alabama. Good size (6'1'' 208lb), extremely athletic and intelligent, strong ball skills, and an absolute thumper. Really, one of the best players on the best team in the nation (imo) in the best conference. Plays really big in big games. From listening to interviews and reading interview transcripts, he seems extremely passionate for the game.

I think he has even more upside than Kenny Vaccaro. Hard to ask for much more from this kid

Only negatives I can think up are that he does overpursue sometimes (almost all of it on blitzes or tackling RB's) and
some people consider this a negative (you be the judge) but he got suspended 2 games for taking money from his strength/conditioning coach but he had a good reason: He had his car loaded up with his valuables and some money to visit his family in florida but his car got broken into. His coach gave him money to help and hasean took it, only to repay him later.

I mean seriously, does that sound like a bad kid to you? I love this guy, best safety prospect since earl thomas. if we pick him up and shamarko pans out, this could be a top 5 safety tandem in the NFL

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2013-10-03/ha-ha-clinton-dix-suspended-accepted-money-from-assistant-coach-alabama-nick-saban

Thoughts

blackngldblood
12-29-2013, 08:45 PM
My only thought at this time is do you think he'll be around at #15?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2013, 08:58 PM
My only thought at this time is do you think he'll be around at #15?

every mock ive seen has him going somewhere between 14-19, so yeah. i dont know who's picking 1-2 spots ahead of us yet but if they need safety help i would totally trade up. im just afraid that he is going to blow people away for interviews and have a good combine. no way in hell he goes top 5. i can see a small chance in the top 10, but those teams at 6-10 seem to have way too many needs and will have too many talented players at those areas of need to pick hasean.

im also worried that someone will really fall in love with this guy and draft him way earlier than projected. kind of like mark barron with the buccaneers. and he's shit compared to hasean

SteelerFanInStl
12-29-2013, 08:59 PM
I'd be happy with Clinton-Dix. I think he'll be a hell of a player. I'm also wondering if he'll be around at our pick. The Rams need safety help and so do the Jets.

I think that our biggest position of need is CB but I don't think that there's one in this draft that's worthy of our first pick.

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2013, 09:05 PM
I'd be happy with Clinton-Dix. I think he'll be a hell of a player. I'm also wondering if he'll be around at our pick. The Rams need safety help and so do the Jets.

I think that our biggest position of need is CB but I don't think that there's one in this draft that's worthy of our first pick.

shit, i forgot about their 2nd pick. yeah that pick will be in front of us. and as always, this team always does JUST well enough to get screwed out of picking up that superstar player. the chance is still very much alive. still a much better chance than we had at rashard mendenhall in 2008 (lol...) and david decastro 2 seasons ago.

someone plant a joint in his back pocket. please and thank you :)

blackngldblood
12-29-2013, 09:07 PM
At least we shouldn't have to worry about LT as our first pick now that Beachum has proven himself. I figure it'll be DB, ILB, or maybe WR/TE.

And since I just got done reading a comment of Clark's that says he doesn't think he's crappy enough for "minimum money" we will need a new safety.

Dwinsgames
12-29-2013, 09:10 PM
I think 1 year of production (albeit very good production ) will have some teams looking sideways at him not knowing what to really think , I also think because of the one year of production the learning curve and speed of the game will play a role in his early development at the NFL level especially in a system like Lebeaus where there is so much to learn and its complexity ....

I think in the end whomever drafts him will have to be comfortable in giving him a year to adjust and not be relied upon to be a week 1 contributor as a starter .....

trust me its not a knock on him he has the tools to be a very good player from my perspective but I think for the Steelers we really need to draft players to help us now not a year or two down the road which is our normal MO ...

that is just me , maybe others will see it differently

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2013, 09:17 PM
I think 1 year of production (albeit very good production ) will have some teams looking sideways at him not knowing what to really think , I also think because of the one year of production the learning curve and speed of the game will play a role in his early development at the NFL level especially in a system like Lebeaus where there is so much to learn and its complexity ....

I think in the end whomever drafts him will have to be comfortable in giving him a year to adjust and not be relied upon to be a week 1 contributor as a starter .....

trust me its not a knock on him he has the tools to be a very good player from my perspective but I think for the Steelers we really need to draft players to help us now not a year or two down the road which is our normal MO ...

that is just me , maybe others will see it differently

agree with production standpoint. but i think this is the rare kind of player that can be plug and play for us. im going off the assumption that troy is going to stay for one last hurrah, and if thats so, i think a year of limited playing time will suffice.

his sophomore year when he played sparingly he still made big plays in big games, and i am hoping dearly that teams dont take that into much consideration

stillers4me
12-29-2013, 09:17 PM

Shoes
12-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Wouldn't the rats pick before us according to this?

http://www.nfl.com/standings

Chidi29
12-29-2013, 09:59 PM
Wouldn't the rats pick before us according to this?

http://www.nfl.com/standings

Tiebreaker for the draft is SOS. Different than division tiebreakers which is head-to-head then division record.

Shoes
12-29-2013, 10:01 PM
Tiebreaker for the draft is SOS. Different than division tiebreakers which is head-to-head then division record.

Nothing is simple these days! :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Damn. The rams and bears are picking at 13 and 14 respectively and they both need safety help. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/12/29/5254962/2014-nfl-draft-order

although that seems very high for a safety. hopefully they will overlook Hasean. Come on guys, who do you like? I feel like im talking to myself over here :lol:

Dwinsgames
12-29-2013, 10:19 PM
Damn. The rams and bears are picking at 13 and 14 respectively and they both need safety help. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/12/29/5254962/2014-nfl-draft-order

although that seems very high for a safety. hopefully they will overlook Hasean. Come on guys, who do you like? I feel like im talking to myself over here :lol:

Bears may be looking for some beef too for the middle of that D-line , Ra'shede Hageman may be a good fit there ....

and now you know how me an Tex have felt for a few months ( talking to ourselves ) in this part of the forum LOL

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/18983-Summer-Christmas-Holiday-Mock (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/18983-Summer-Christmas-Holiday-Mock)

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/18922-if-the-season-ended-today

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/18740-shits-and-giggles-mock

SteelerFanInStl
12-29-2013, 10:32 PM
For the Rams it also depends on what they do with the #2 pick. They might be looking at OT for their second pick in the first. They also might trade the #2 pick, which completely changes what they might do.

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2013, 10:42 PM
For the Rams it also depends on what they do with the #2 pick. They might be looking at OT for their second pick in the first. They also might trade the #2 pick, which completely changes what they might do.

not worried about their first pick. that 2nd pick frightens me, i mean safety is probably their #1 need. phenomenal value and need pick if they grab Haha. im seriously hoping for him to bomb the combine or something

Dwinsgames

with the QB situation in this draft and the amount of teams that need one I would bet the farm they trade that #2 over all pick and move back 5 or 6 spots and get a #1 next year for their efforts and potentially another 2 or 3 this year

Psycho Ward 86
Bears may be looking for some beef too for the middle of that D-line , Ra'shede Hageman may be a good fit there ....

and now you know how me an Tex have felt for a few months ( talking to ourselves ) in this part of the forum LOL

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/18983-Summer-Christmas-Holiday-Mock (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/18983-Summer-Christmas-Holiday-Mock)

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/18922-if-the-season-ended-today

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/18740-shits-and-giggles-mock

well i will definitely be around more :lol:. although i will only be able to put in my 2 cents for the early rounds

SteelerFanInStl
12-29-2013, 10:46 PM
with the QB situation in this draft and the amount of teams that need one I would bet the farm they trade that #2 over all pick and move back 5 or 6 spots and get a #1 next year for their efforts and potentially another 2 or 3 this year

That's exactly what I expect them to do. If that happens, it will have an effect on what they do with that 2nd pick.

Texasteel
12-29-2013, 11:16 PM
I think there are 3 safties that are very close. Clinton-Dix, Dion Bailey ( who just declared for the draft), and Deone Bucannon. Clinton-Dix will likely go in the first round, I think in the mid teens, but I'm just not convinced he is better than the other two, at this point. There are also a few CBs that I personally think would make very good safties, Tre Boston, Antone Exum, and Stanley Jean-Baptiste.

Dwinsgames
12-29-2013, 11:16 PM
I still like Stanley Jean-Baptiste FS or Tre Boston FS , I feel the value of either of these players commensurates the pos and their skill sets fit our MO ....

Baptiste is a Corner in College but has the size you would like to cover these big strong pass catching TEs and in our division we see a few of them a couple times a year ( every division opponent has at least 1 of them on their roster ) and Baptiste could be our equalizer /answer to those TEs

Texasteel
12-29-2013, 11:26 PM
I still like Stanley Jean-Baptiste FS or Tre Boston FS , I feel the value of either of these players commensurates the pos and their skill sets fit our MO ....

Baptiste is a Corner in College but has the size you would like to cover these big strong pass catching TEs and in our division we see a few of them a couple times a year ( every division opponent has at least 1 of them on their roster ) and Baptiste could be our equalizer /answer to those TEs

this kid as a player I am very intrigued with.

Aussie_steeler
12-30-2013, 01:35 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t31/1462591_10152447772442589_1441485238_o.png

Psycho Ward 86
12-30-2013, 11:23 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t31/1462591_10152447772442589_1441485238_o.png

lol what did i just read

- - - Updated - - -

I think there are 3 safties that are very close. Clinton-Dix, Dion Bailey ( who just declared for the draft), and Deone Bucannon. Clinton-Dix will likely go in the first round, I think in the mid teens, but I'm just not convinced he is better than the other two, at this point. There are also a few CBs that I personally think would make very good safties, Tre Boston, Antone Exum, and Stanley Jean-Baptiste.

tell us more about the other 2 safeties. im having a hard time evaluating any safety in this draft better than Clinton but im intrigued

Dwinsgames
12-30-2013, 11:29 AM
all things being equal I take a CB turned S over a pure S provided 1) he has the size to transition properly because they are more used to coverage responsibilities and less apt to need help in doing so 2) we are talking FS and not SS

LLT
12-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Season is over and NOW i'm ready to dive into the draft!!!!

Dwinsgames
12-30-2013, 12:14 PM
Season is over and NOW i'm ready to dive into the draft!!!!

Welcome to the discussions will be interested in hearing your take

LLT
12-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Welcome to the discussions will be interested in hearing your take

Gotta get my head wrapped around it and adjust my big board. Crazy how this year...we could see the first round pick go in a few different directions.

LLT
12-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Im still thinking that LT is a need... and then adjust the remaining front line (if possible) to Decastro/Velasco/Pouncey/Beechum.

Dwinsgames
12-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Im still thinking that LT is a need... and then adjust the remaining front line (if possible) to Decastro/Velasco/Pouncey/Beechum.

interesting ....

I think we first have to decide who we are and who we want to become .... this to me is the first consideration ...

as it stands we have a Line coach who was brought in to transform this unit into a ZBS scheme team and that failed miserably and we did not see improved play until we navigated away from it for the most part ( we still used some outside zone but not nearly as much as originally intended )

are we still inclined to move to a ZBS ?

are we rethinking it and leaning towards the Man Blocking scheme ?

whatever that answer is should determine whom you line up where and who you draft ......

if ZBS is your thing Beachum may be your man at LT , he is mobile and can get the job done ...

if man blocking is the route we proceed I see him as an asset at LG where he can pull to the right side because he has the mobility and agility to do that and I think he could be an all pro LG in doing so and LT becomes a priority ( this is how I envision this team ) not that the staff see's it that way ....

I would then Draft a big strong mountain of a man to play LT like Tiny Richardson . LG Beachum , C Velasco RG Decastro RT Adams ... I trade Pouncey because he is going to cost to much at the end of next season and i do not want to rent players for a year and see them walk for a comp pick the following year for far less value than I can get on my own in a trade

LLT
12-30-2013, 01:00 PM
interesting ....

I think we first have to decide who we are and who we want to become .... this to me is the first consideration ...

as it stands we have a Line coach who was brought in to transform this unit into a ZBS scheme team and that failed miserably and we did not see improved play until we navigated away from it for the most part ( we still used some outside zone but not nearly as much as originally intended )

are we still inclined to move to a ZBS ?

are we rethinking it and leaning towards the Man Blocking scheme ?

whatever that answer is should determine whom you line up where and who you draft ......

if ZBS is your thing Beachum may be your man at LT , he is mobile and can get the job done ...

if man blocking is the route we proceed I see him as an asset at LG where he can pull to the right side because he has the mobility and agility to do that and I think he could be an all pro LG in doing so and LT becomes a priority ( this is how I envision this team ) not that the staff see's it that way ....

I would then Draft a big strong mountain of a man to play LT like Tiny Richardson . LG Beachum , C Velasco RG Decastro RT Adams ... I trade Pouncey because he is going to cost to much at the end of next season and i do not want to rent players for a year and see them walk for a comp pick the following year for far less value than I can get on my own in a trade

I love the idea of a Pouncy Trade and move Beechum inside. I'm not real sure if the Steelers would be willing to do that but in the long run in makes a ton of sense.

There is also a chance that Beechum stays at LT..and we go with Decastro/Velasco/Pouncey/Gilbert.

In that scenario I can see the Steelers drafting a defensive back with the first pick. Two years in a row a player has "fell" to us and I think that if CB Darqueze Dennard fell to #15 we would have to pull the trigger on him. Also a chance of a trade down and FS Hasean Clinton-Dix being our choice in the back part of the 1st round.

Dwinsgames
12-30-2013, 01:13 PM
I love the idea of a Pouncy Trade and move Beechum inside. I'm not real sure if the Steelers would be willing to do that but in the long run in makes a ton of sense.

There is also a chance that Beechum stays at LT..and we go with Decastro/Velasco/Pouncey/Gilbert.

In that scenario I can see the Steelers drafting a defensive back with the first pick. Two years in a row a player has "fell" to us and I think that if CB Darqueze Dennard fell to #15 we would have to pull the trigger on him. Also a chance of a trade down and FS Hasean Clinton-Dix being our choice in the back part of the 1st round.

I forgot to mention if we went Richardson in that scenario it would also involve a trade back to around 20 picking up another selection along the way ....

I like Dennard but believe he is over valued because of the lack of quality CBs in this draft , I think he is a late first round CB value wise in a normal draft pushed up boards via lack of talent at the pos this year ....

as a side note this CB class to me seems a bit on the slow side , not many guys with elite or even very good speed to be found with any real cover ability ( its a zone def CB draft more so than a man cover draft )

LLT
12-30-2013, 01:25 PM
I forgot to mention if we went Richardson in that scenario it would also involve a trade back to around 20 picking up another selection along the way ....

I like Dennard but believe he is over valued because of the lack of quality CBs in this draft , I think he is a late first round CB value wise in a normal draft pushed up boards via lack of talent at the pos this year ....

as a side note this CB class to me seems a bit on the slow side , not many guys with elite or even very good speed to be found with any real cover ability ( its a zone def CB draft more so than a man cover draft )

I like Dennard...but not as a top 10 pick like most boards show. At 15-20 I think he is good value. If we traded down to the back of the first and he was still there, it would be a Christmas gift. I think he is faster than some scouts speculate. I would guess him to be a 4.45 to 4.48 guy.

Dwinsgames
12-30-2013, 01:45 PM
I like Dennard...but not as a top 10 pick like most boards show. At 15-20 I think he is good value. If we traded down to the back of the first and he was still there, it would be a Christmas gift. I think he is faster than some scouts speculate. I would guess him to be a 4.45 to 4.48 guy.

fair enough , and you may be right on his speed . at 20 I would call it fair value but doubt he is there at that point because he is top of the heap in terms to talent at CB in this draft so someone in need will roll the proverbial dice earlier on him ..if he is there and he is your guy at 15 its probably a now or never proposition

LLT
12-30-2013, 02:10 PM
fair enough , and you may be right on his speed . at 20 I would call it fair value but doubt he is there at that point because he is top of the heap in terms to talent at CB in this draft so someone in need will roll the proverbial dice earlier on him ..if he is there and he is your guy at 15 its probably a now or never proposition

Teams like the Broncos and Bengals are getting long in the tooth at CB...so you are probably correct about the position having elevated value. I wouldnt be upset if we waited until round two for a player like Justin Gilbert, but I think Dennard is the real deal and an eventual replacement for Taylor.

Psycho Ward 86
12-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Also a chance of a trade down and FS Hasean Clinton-Dix being our choice in the back part of the 1st round.

no way he lasts that long. not as of this moment anyways.

LLT
12-30-2013, 02:46 PM
no way he lasts that long. not as of this moment anyways.

Cant say that I disagree....but the same was said about Decastro and Jarvis Jones also.

Dwinsgames
12-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Cant say that I disagree....but the same was said about Decastro and Jarvis Jones also.

besides the fact that S is not normally considered a high value selection ( much like guard in that respect ) yes some do get drafted early but that is more the exception than the rule for the most part ...

last years draft tells the story pretty well IMO ...

Vaccaro , Reid , Elam . all where first round talents and not everyone was on the same page of who the top guy actually was and was the best S class ( prospect wise ) I have seen in 20 years yet Elam barely got in the first round ( pick 32 ) when some had him as the top S in the draft and others thought sure top 20 pick regardless of how you rank them .....

Lots of years we see 1 Guard 1 S in the entire first round , a premium is just not placed on the pos but I think we will gradually see that change since this league is now all about the passing game ...

just my thoughts on the matter

LLT
12-30-2013, 03:07 PM
besides the fact that S is not normally considered a high value selection ( much like guard in that respect ) yes some do get drafted early but that is more the exception than the rule for the most part ...

last years draft tells the story pretty well IMO ...

Vaccaro , Reid , Elam . all where first round talents and not everyone was on the same page of who the top guy actually was and was the best S class ( prospect wise ) I have seen in 20 years yet Elam barely got in the first round ( pick 32 ) when some had him as the top S in the draft and others thought sure top 20 pick regardless of how you rank them .....

Lots of years we see 1 Guard 1 S in the entire first round , a premium is just not placed on the pos but I think we will gradually see that change since this league is now all about the passing game ...

just my thoughts on the matter

Legitimate.

I think FS Hasean Clinton-Dix is going to be attractive due to his being able to play up on the line, handle himself in space, and can cover a lot of ground. But mainly due to the exact points you just made I have him as a late first rounder.

But there is some truth to the fact that based on talent alone, he may catch the eye of someone drafting in the mid to late teens.

Dwinsgames
12-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Legitimate.

I think FS Hasean Clinton-Dix is going to be attractive due to his being able to play up on the line, handle himself in space, and can cover a lot of ground. But mainly due to the exact points you just made I have him as a late first rounder.

But there is some truth to the fact that based on talent alone, he may catch the eye of someone drafting in the mid to late teens.

pretty much in a nutshell . anywhere from 12 down he could go just takes 1 team to fall in love ... he will go in round 1 but where is anyone's guess

Aussie_steeler
12-30-2013, 04:14 PM
lol what did i just read

Sorry guys

Just a funny take on the Rams recent draft history from a fan on another forum.
I think it is priceless how the one trade continues to path the way with gold.

New coach to be chosen for the rams and with multiple picks and likely even more now that Les Snead has announced they are looking to trade out of the #2 pick.

This means for us that the #1 FS will be snagged by the rams before the steelers get to the draft podium.

Psycho Ward 86
12-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Mark Barron was selected 7th overall folks, and he was projected to be drafted a lot later. I worry the same will happen to Clinton-Dix, who I think will be a much better player

This means for us that the #1 FS will be snagged by the rams before the steelers get to the draft podium.

and naturally, we will sit content at our spot at draft a decent player, but not nearly as dynamic as Clinton-Dix

Dwinsgames
12-30-2013, 05:32 PM
and naturally, we will sit content at our spot at draft a decent player, but not nearly as dynamic as Clinton-Dix

fine by me if it happens that way , I am not a proponent in moving up in the draft ....

no unproven talent is worthy of my over all chances at improving esp when I have a team packed full of need

I will be plenty happy nabbing a guy like Baptiste or Boston in the late 3rd or 4th and still having my other picks to fill other needs

SteelerFanInStl
12-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Sorry guys

Just a funny take on the Rams recent draft history from a fan on another forum.
I think it is priceless how the one trade continues to path the way with gold.

New coach to be chosen for the rams and with multiple picks and likely even more now that Les Snead has announced they are looking to trade out of the #2 pick.

Fisher isn't going anywhere so I'm not sure where you're getting that the Rams are going to have a new coach.

It's also not a guarantee that the Rams will take a Safety with their 2nd pick. It's a big need position for them but so is OT with Saffold probably leaving and Long coming off of a knee injury and not getting any younger. Their CBs were terrible this year, outside of Jenkins, and they really need an OLBer to put on the other side of Ogletree. There are many directions for them to go.

Dwinsgames
12-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Fisher isn't going anywhere so I'm not sure where you're getting that the Rams are going to have a new coach.

It's also not a guarantee that the Rams will take a Safety with their 2nd pick. It's a big need position for them but so is OT with Saffold probably leaving and Long coming off of a knee injury and not getting any younger. Their CBs were terrible this year, outside of Jenkins, and they really need an OLBer to put on the other side of Ogletree. There are many directions for them to go.

I agree they trade back secure a 1 in next years draft and a first this year and nab a Tackle , later with their other 1st they may take a S or a LB or potentially even Dennard at CB to pair up with Jenkins ( would be a formatable young duo )

Texasteel
12-30-2013, 07:50 PM
- - - Updated - -

tell us more about the other 2 safeties. im having a hard time evaluating any safety in this draft better than Clinton but im intrigued

I'm going to concentrate on Bucannon, since I think Bailey will stay an SS in the pros, and I think we are looking for a FS, and I believe he can play FS in the pros. Bucannon in much like Clinton-Dix. About the same size and speed, with much the same skills. Bucannon has a nose for the ball, and can support the run well. Hits a ton, very physical, might even tackle a little better than Clinton-Dix. He has had a very productive 3 years, As a Fr. He had 84 tackles, and one Int., as a Soph. 80 tackles, and 2 Ints., as a Jr. a 106 tackles, with 5 Ints. So he is a very active player. Is he better than Dix? I can't say that, but IMO he is very close. Will he be a better pro? Anyone that can answer that should be working for one of the teams, but I think he has a chance of being an outstanding pro player.

If we end up with Clinton-Dix, I will be happy, but if we miss on him, or decide to go in a different direction Bucannon could be a pretty good option. I also think that switching Jean-Baptiste from CB would make him a much better player than he is now. He has all the still, even if they are not polished yet, and just has the look of a FS to me. He's been under the radar so far, but I think may be getting some notice soon.

Psycho Ward 86
12-30-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm going to concentrate on Bucannon, since I think Bailey will stay an SS in the pros, and I think we are looking for a FS, and I believe he can play FS in the pros. Bucannon in much like Clinton-Dix. About the same size and speed, with much the same skills. Bucannon has a nose for the ball, and can support the run well. Hits a ton, very physical, might even tackle a little better than Clinton-Dix. He has had a very productive 3 years, As a Fr. He had 84 tackles, and one Int., as a Soph. 80 tackles, and 2 Ints., as a Jr. a 106 tackles, with 5 Ints. So he is a very active player. Is he better than Dix? I can't say that, but IMO he is very close. Will he be a better pro? Anyone that can answer that should be working for one of the teams, but I think he has a chance of being an outstanding pro player.

If we end up with Clinton-Dix, I will be happy, but if we miss on him, or decide to go in a different direction Bucannon could be a pretty good option. I also think that switching Jean-Baptiste from CB would make him a much better player than he is now. He has all the still, even if they are not polished yet, and just has the look of a FS to me. He's been under the radar so far, but I think may be getting some notice soon.

projections on those guys? going to my homework on them as well

Dwinsgames
12-30-2013, 08:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6xHpOsSGQQ

here is Baptiste ( mind you playing at CB )

Aussie_steeler
12-30-2013, 08:40 PM

Sorry Brain fart. Schwartz ( Lions coach) got canned this morning.

Been reading a lot this morning and got my wires crossed.

Les Snead will be looking to maximise the value he has accumulated from the original RG3 trade. I think Rams could end up with a combo like Sammy Watkins / Dix and a future #1 for the overall #2 pick.

They could be a force in a couple of years under JEFF FISHER.

Texasteel
12-30-2013, 08:45 PM
projections on those guys? going to my homework on them as well

Bucannon is hard to project, because he has be moving up lately. Most likely a early 2nd, late 1st. I think we could get Jean-Baptiste with a 3rd round comp.

Aussie_steeler
12-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Teams like the Broncos and Bengals are getting long in the tooth at CB...so you are probably correct about the position having elevated value. I wouldnt be upset if we waited until round two for a player like Justin Gilbert, but I think Dennard is the real deal and an eventual replacement for Taylor.

I like Gilbert a lot, however he is going to go in that 24 to 32 range.

I have dialled in Kyle Fuller of Virginia Tech as a legitimate pick in the 2nd for the steelers. He is also a "Beamer Ball" specialist who is very good as a punt blocker coming from the edge.

Terrance Brooks of Florida State is a CB converted to play FS. He would be equally as good at nickel back as free safety. At 3rd round value he could be gone by 3rd round comp pick time.

Psycho Ward 86
12-30-2013, 10:26 PM
speaking of compensation picks, looks like we wont get much out of losing wallace after he had such a shitastic year :doh:

Dwinsgames
12-30-2013, 11:22 PM
speaking of compensation picks, looks like we wont get much out of losing wallace after he had such a shitastic year :doh:

we should get a 3rd round pick for him ....

he was a starter all season , he signed a HUGE contract ( primary thing they look at ) he had over 900 yards in receptions ( as bad as that sounds per $ spent its above league averages )

we should get another 3rd rounder for Lewis .....

Mendy should bring at the very min a 5th .....

Psycho Ward 86
12-31-2013, 11:12 AM
we should get a 3rd round pick for him ....

he was a starter all season , he signed a HUGE contract ( primary thing they look at ) he had over 900 yards in receptions ( as bad as that sounds per $ spent its above league averages )

we should get another 3rd rounder for Lewis .....

Mendy should bring at the very min a 5th .....

wow looks like we might have a lot of mid round picks. but if the contract is the primary thing that is looked at, i worry about what we get for lewis. much smaller contract, but undoubtedly immense production. im going to miss lewis a lot until our pass defense rounds back into form

Dwinsgames
12-31-2013, 12:07 PM
wow looks like we might have a lot of mid round picks. but if the contract is the primary thing that is looked at, i worry about what we get for lewis. much smaller contract, but undoubtedly immense production. im going to miss lewis a lot until our pass defense rounds back into form

remember we are down our original 3rd round pick to the browns to go get Shamarko Thomas in the last draft

Psycho Ward 86
12-31-2013, 10:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6xHpOsSGQQ

here is Baptiste ( mind you playing at CB )

interesting prospect. id take a flyer on him about the same time as you guys suggested. his tackling looks a bit suspect here though, and he seems to have a slight allergy for contact

Dwinsgames
12-31-2013, 10:56 PM
interesting prospect. id take a flyer on him about the same time as you guys suggested. his tackling looks a bit suspect here though, and he seems to have a slight allergy for contact

yea well he is a star CB for them , S is a frame of mind that is acquired , it wont be an immediate transition but give him a few months to hang around the linebackers should help , with his size he should toughen up and learn to like hitting ...( lets hope ) he could be a hell of a S if he can transition

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2014, 01:37 PM
remember we are down our original 3rd round pick to the browns to go get Shamarko Thomas in the last draft

damn :doh:. of course we are. any predictions on what we'll get for keenan lewis?

Dwinsgames
01-01-2014, 02:01 PM
damn :doh:. of course we are. any predictions on what we'll get for keenan lewis?

we should get a pair of 3rds and a 5th in comp picks , provided Goodell does not dock us one of them for sideline gate

touchdownward
01-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Irrelevant to this years draft but I'm watching two great RBs in the Gator bowl right now. Georgia's Todd Gurly (sophomore) and Ameer Abdullah (Junior) for the Huskers. Gurly has played with a bad ankle most of the season so he is little slowed today, but has great hands, lots of yards receiving this season. Abdullah is a 190 lb beast (I know, funny to say a 190 pounder a beast). Dude is hard to bring down and a workhorse. Might be worth a look in 2015.

Psycho Ward 86
01-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Btw folks, the Sooners completely humiliated Alabama's defense on Thursday unexpectedly. I didnt watch the game, but i would think that barring Clinton-Dix having an outstanding individual performance, that would drop his stock some? :noidea:

SteelerFanInStl
01-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Btw folks, the Sooners completely humiliated Alabama's defense on Thursday unexpectedly. I didnt watch the game, but i would think that barring Clinton-Dix having an outstanding individual performance, that would drop his stock some? :noidea:

I watched the game and Clinton-Dix played pretty well. Nothing outstanding but he wasn't the one getting beat all the time or missing the tackle.

Psycho Ward 86
01-04-2014, 04:31 PM
I watched the game and Clinton-Dix played pretty well. Nothing outstanding but he wasn't the one getting beat all the time or missing the tackle.

ugh. barring hell freezing over ive all but given up on being able to get him at 15

Chidi29
01-07-2014, 10:00 AM
My Khalil Mack Scouting Report:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/01/2014-nfl-draft-player-profiles-buffalo-lb-khalil-mack/

Aussie_steeler
01-07-2014, 04:16 PM
My Khalil Mack Scouting Report:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/01/2014-nfl-draft-player-profiles-buffalo-lb-khalil-mack/

Agree 100% with the report. Great job Chidi.

He is everything we wanted Jarvis Jones to be.

He must be a lock for the top 10

Seven
01-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Starting to really watch players in this years pool, David Fales looks like he could be a gem out of the quarterback group. Footwork is superb, mobility is there, throws come out very clean. Surprised he isn't ranked higher. I like what I've seen out of him vs. Smith and Manziel.

Also have been impressed with Carr.

Seven
01-09-2014, 12:02 AM
What are the knocks on Zach Mettenberger?

Psycho Ward 86
01-09-2014, 11:10 AM
hey guys, it seems like from the mocks being posted that this draft is really rich in talent at DB in the 2nd-3rd rounds, but how about chris borland in the 2nd or 3rd round? hell, i think he might still be there at the very end of the 3rd round with one of our compensatory picks. larry foote will be back but hes only serviceable, and he'll be about done. guy can do EVERYTHING. guy has that under-the-radar superstar potential that kiko alonso has.

yes i am biased, leave me alone :lol:. go badgers!

Dwinsgames
01-09-2014, 11:20 AM

for me , he throws to many Joe Flacco balls big arch deep ball into coverage in this league often times spells trouble ....

slow feet and very limited athleticism in a Drew Bledsoe kinda way ....

Chidi29
01-09-2014, 11:45 AM

Torn ACL isn't helping matters.

Seven
01-09-2014, 12:02 PM
for me , he throws to many Joe Flacco balls big arch deep ball into coverage in this league often times spells trouble ....

slow feet and very limited athleticism in a Drew Bledsoe kinda way ....

Yeah, he's definitely a statue. By far the least mobile guy I watched last night. But I was really impressed with his arm and save the release at times his mechanics. I thought from a pure arm strength standpoint he looked superior to Bortels. If I'm a team with a good offensive line and he's sitting there in the third round I probably pounce. I think if this were ten or fifteen years ago he'd be considered an elite prospect. All the other guys have far better mobility but there isn't a ton of size in this class. I thought Brett Smith would be a lot bigger than he is from hearing others talk about him. I came away really impressed with Fales and Carr is better than I thought. Bridgewater is what I expected. I have very mixed feelings on Bortels. I probably take McCarron ahead of guys like Murray and Smith.

Going to try to get a few tailbacks under my belt tonight, suggestions on who to check out first?

- - - Updated - - -

Torn ACL isn't helping matters.

Hi Chidi, how do you find David Fales? I'm rather awestruck over what I watched of him last night. I thought he looked superb. Wish that arm had a little more power but everything else seemed spot on. Looks to me like he'd be a great value for maybe a Bengals or Jets team in the second round looking for someone to compete with the incumbent.

Dwinsgames
01-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Going to try to get a few tailbacks under my belt tonight, suggestions on who to check out first?

late round flyer Antonio Andrews ( 6th -7th round) , quality Back , smaller school but has games against top tier talent ( though his line struggled with higher talent against them to block worth a dam ) he still did pretty well

top tier back Bishop Sankey is one of my favorites considering we have just 1 signed RB on the roster in 2014 at this point in time , he could be a solid starter in this league and would make a hell of a 1-2 punch with Bell

Tre Mason but like Sankey will probably be an investment Back ( 2nd rounder ) where we are probably looking at 4th round and later backs

Melvin Gordon III is an interesting prospect as well

Steeltreal
01-09-2014, 02:54 PM
I like Storm Johnson UCF at RB. All around balanced, 1 year starter so he will be Healthy if needed as a rookie,

LLT
01-09-2014, 05:18 PM

Depends on what you are looking for. I think 3rd round is the earliest that we may look at a back and more probably it will be in the 4-6 rounds. I think that we will be looking at change of pace backs...but would not be surprised to see us grab a big back if he has the right pedigree.

that being said...

If Carlos Hyde of Ohio State falls to the 3rd, he may be worth a look. He is a tank at 6-0 235 lbs. Not going to outrun anyone but would be a good third down short yardage type of back.

Also in the 3rd, I would be excited to see Andre Williams of Boston College for the same reasons. He is 6-0 227 lbs...but has some medical questions that might need answered.

I have already mentioned in my mocks that I like James White of Wisconsin, and think that he will be a draft board riser...I wouldnt be surprised to see him get drafted as early as the 3rd round but is a 5th rounder on most boards right now.

A sleeper that you might want to peek at is UNLV's Tim Cornett. He is 6-0 210 lbs and the leading rusher in UNLV history. Good player with 4.4 speed...on a team that never got it all together.

Chidi29
01-09-2014, 11:31 PM
Yeah, he's definitely a statue. By far the least mobile guy I watched last night. But I was really impressed with his arm and save the release at times his mechanics. I thought from a pure arm strength standpoint he looked superior to Bortels. If I'm a team with a good offensive line and he's sitting there in the third round I probably pounce. I think if this were ten or fifteen years ago he'd be considered an elite prospect. All the other guys have far better mobility but there isn't a ton of size in this class. I thought Brett Smith would be a lot bigger than he is from hearing others talk about him. I came away really impressed with Fales and Carr is better than I thought. Bridgewater is what I expected. I have very mixed feelings on Bortels. I probably take McCarron ahead of guys like Murray and Smith.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Chidi, how do you find David Fales? I'm rather awestruck over what I watched of him last night. I thought he looked superb. Wish that arm had a little more power but everything else seemed spot on. Looks to me like he'd be a great value for maybe a Bengals or Jets team in the second round looking for someone to compete with the incumbent.

To be honest, I have not watched a lick of him. Still relatively early in my draft process and because of school, I rarely got to watch college football during the season. I had like one Saturday off all semester. And with the way Depot has me writing reports, coming out one at a time than all at once, I've mostly been powering through watching one guy rather than jumping around. The only QB I have watched enough is Garroppolo of Eastern Illinois (haven't written up a scouting report yet) and Bortles once in the bowl game. But I will get back to you!

Chidi29
01-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Shayne Skov scouting report.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/01/2014-nfl-draft-player-profiles-stanford-ilb-shayne-skov/

Psycho Ward 86
01-11-2014, 10:59 AM
i just had a dream that we traded up with all of our draft picks to get to #3 and #10 overall. We picked mike evans at #10 and a cornerback named perry crawford at #3.

Who the fuck is perry crawford and why did i dream up a guy that doesnt exist???

Also, Queen Latifah performed live at the NFL draft. Whatever the hell that means. Why is my brain thinking up these things in my sleep.

Dwinsgames
01-11-2014, 01:28 PM
i just had a dream that we traded up with all of our draft picks to get to #3 and #10 overall. We picked mike evans at #10 and a cornerback named perry crawford at #3.

Who the fuck is perry crawford and why did i dream up a guy that doesnt exist???

Also, Queen Latifah performed live at the NFL draft. Whatever the hell that means. Why is my brain thinking up these things in my sleep.

Lay off the guacamole before bedtime LOL

that is no dream ... that is a nightmare

Steelman
01-13-2014, 08:25 AM
cornerback named perry crawford at #3.

Perry Crawford must be the 2014 reincarnation of Leon Sandcastle. :lol:

Seven
01-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Also, Queen Latifah performed live at the NFL draft.

What are you trying to do, here? Please don't give the league any big ideas. Oh lord a shiver ran down my spine when I read that -- and not a good one. Have better dreams! :chuckle:

Chidi29
01-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Kelvin Benjamin scouting report.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/01/2014-nfl-draft-player-profiles-florida-state-wr-kelvin-benjamin/

Shoes
01-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Kelvin Benjamin scouting report.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/01/2014-nfl-draft-player-profiles-florida-state-wr-kelvin-benjamin/

A WR with drop issues….no thanks.

LLT
01-13-2014, 09:42 PM
A WR with drop issues….no thanks.

More concerened with his route running. Some team is going to throw him into the mix too early and he his going to put up pedestrian numbers for a first round pick. He might be a terror in a few years though.

Dwinsgames
01-13-2014, 10:48 PM
More concerened with his route running. Some team is going to throw him into the mix too early and he his going to put up pedestrian numbers for a first round pick. He might be a terror in a few years though.

he may not be done growing yet either , he could easily balloon 25 more pounds and be a HUGE TE , and that enamors me a bit I must admit because your getting a shot at potentially 2 players with 1 pick if he flops at WR ya move him inside and try him at TE LOL ....

my Fear is I have a late 2nd round grade on him and think as you clearly do as well someone is going to fall in love with his measurable's and he is gonna go in the middle ( 14-22 range ) of the first round

Chidi29
01-14-2014, 12:57 AM
he may not be done growing yet either , he could easily balloon 25 more pounds and be a HUGE TE , and that enamors me a bit I must admit because your getting a shot at potentially 2 players with 1 pick if he flops at WR ya move him inside and try him at TE LOL ....

my Fear is I have a late 2nd round grade on him and think as you clearly do as well someone is going to fall in love with his measurable's and he is gonna go in the middle ( 14-22 range ) of the first round

That's one of those ideas that sounds nice but never works out. Isn't there a former WR bust that got moved to tight end and it didn't work out? I thought it was Reggie Williams but that didn't seem right when I looked it up.

I do agree that someone will fall in love with those measurables and draft him higher than he's projected. He'll kill it at the Combine when everyone gets to see the physical freak that he is. 6'5 and he'll probably run like a 4.5. He's a freak. Matt Millen will probably try to claw back into the league just to draft him.

Seven
01-14-2014, 01:13 AM
Isn't there a former WR bust that got moved to tight end and it didn't work out? I thought it was Reggie Williams but that didn't seem right when I looked it up.

Are you thinking of Ernest Wilford? For a fourth rounder though, he didn't have a totally awful career by the time Miami tried to make him a tight end.

If that isn't who you're thinking of, I'm going to go nuts trying to figure out who it is haha.

Chidi29
01-14-2014, 01:17 AM
Yes, Wilford! Thanks!

Dwinsgames
01-14-2014, 10:38 AM
That's one of those ideas that sounds nice but never works out. Isn't there a former WR bust that got moved to tight end and it didn't work out? I thought it was Reggie Williams but that didn't seem right when I looked it up.

I do agree that someone will fall in love with those measurables and draft him higher than he's projected. He'll kill it at the Combine when everyone gets to see the physical freak that he is. 6'5 and he'll probably run like a 4.5. He's a freak. Matt Millen will probably try to claw back into the league just to draft him.

your thinking of Mike Williams and he did flop at WR &TE with the Lions and I believe Raiders and was out of football , but showed WR ability in a comeback with the Seahawks until he got injured and never regained form ... Wilford would be another example though

Chidi29
01-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Greg Robinson scouting report.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/01/2014-nfl-draft-player-profiles-auburn-t-greg-robinson/

Texasteel
01-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Greg Robinson scouting report.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/01/2014-nfl-draft-player-profiles-auburn-t-greg-robinson/

Robinsons reputation is build on being a very good run blocking OT. Not sure I agree with everything I read. Is young and a raw talent, the question in my mind is, can he be coached into a better pass blocker.

Chidi29
01-14-2014, 07:45 PM
Robinsons reputation is build on being a very good run blocking OT. Not sure I agree with everything I read. Is young and a raw talent, the question in my mind is, can he be coached into a better pass blocker.

He does have the strength to be a dominant run blocker. In one of my game notes, I even wrote down "Larry Allen-type" strength. And when it all comes together for him, he looks like a Top Five pick. But because he's so raw, because there are major issues about his balance and technique, and the fact I think he has to kick inside, it hurts his value. He can't get by on pure strength forever. He's had the luxury to bully guys his career but won't happen in the NFL. Technique has to be up to snuff. One of my biggest pet peeves is lineman that are always on the ground and Robinson is a frequent violator.

I wouldn't take him until the latter half of the first round.

Texasteel
01-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Can't say that I disagree. He is raw. I think some of this will show in the combines, and the tape studies. After watch him more closely the last half of the 1st round is about right, but would not be surprise if he gos sooner. The times I have seen him on the ground were normally after a good block, This does keep him from getting to the second level, and may keep him from finishing his block on the pro level, and it does need to be corrected. He also needs a lot of work on pass protection. The quicker pass rushers in the pros will give him a lot of trouble. Just a gut feeling, but I think in a year or so, with good coaching, he will make a very good OT. Maybe not what we need right now though.

Chidi29
01-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Yeah, he very well could go higher. Lot of talent to fall in love with. I don't really see the need for us to take a tackle. Much other bigger issues to address. Plus, still got faith in Gilbert. He played last season in a lot of pain. That accounts for some of his struggles.

I want us to go get a WR or athletic TE in the first round.

Aussie_steeler
01-14-2014, 08:43 PM
Yeah, he very well could go higher. Lot of talent to fall in love with. I don't really see the need for us to take a tackle. Much other bigger issues to address. Plus, still got faith in Gilbert. He played last season in a lot of pain. That accounts for some of his struggles.

I want us to go get a WR or athletic TE in the first round.

Question: Ebron or Amaro at #15?

I am of the opinion that a TE can act as a pass catching TE / slot WR in the first few years. Miller / Spaeth remain your blocking TE in 2 TE sets.

As they develop they grow into the role of Heath Miller and eventually replace him. However initially they are playing the role of the Tall WR (whom most want)

Two birds, one stone??? (I am leaning towards Amaro at this point in time)

Chidi29
01-14-2014, 08:56 PM
I haven't watched either yet Aussie. Dave from Depot just wrote up a report on Ebron and I think overall, came away with a good feeling about him. But maybe Amaro because he's a little bigger? Can use his size to seal as a run blocker.

Agree with your other point. Athletic tight end gives you so much formation flexibility. Can run 12 personnel with both of them in a three point. Can split the athletic one out and keep Heath in to block. Could go four wide and split them both out. Can use 22 personnel and have him be a downfield threat off run action. Something we didn't have in our 22 personnel this year. All big, slow players and teams stacked the box and didn't respect the pass. Heck, you could use him as a #2 WR every now and then. Just tons of options and that's what you love as an offense.

Aussie_steeler
01-14-2014, 09:46 PM
I haven't watched either yet Aussie. Dave from Depot just wrote up a report on Ebron and I think overall, came away with a good feeling about him. But maybe Amaro because he's a little bigger? Can use his size to seal as a run blocker.

Agree with your other point. Athletic tight end gives you so much formation flexibility. Can run 12 personnel with both of them in a three point. Can split the athletic one out and keep Heath in to block. Could go four wide and split them both out. Can use 22 personnel and have him be a downfield threat off run action. Something we didn't have in our 22 personnel this year. All big, slow players and teams stacked the box and didn't respect the pass. Heck, you could use him as a #2 WR every now and then. Just tons of options and that's what you love as an offense.

I wish I could write in that level of detail. (Envious)

At this point in time my comparisons on both would be:

Ebron = Kellen Winslow
Amaro =Jimmy Graham

both great TE's but out of different moulds.

Psycho Ward 86
01-14-2014, 09:53 PM

amaro is a horrible blocker.

Chidi29
01-14-2014, 10:04 PM
amaro is a horrible blocker.

Like I said, I haven't seen either. And I know Ebron has at least shown at times to be an in-line blocker so maybe he does have the edge. I was just going off the thought you could have Amaro down block a ton and basically box out defenders with his bigger size.

Aussie_steeler
01-15-2014, 03:52 AM
Eric Ebron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VCxjysn3MM

Jace Amaro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z86zMcO7dWg

Austin Sefarian Jenkins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LTEk5LFY90

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't expecting this guy to declare. Now that he has, he may be the best steeler candidate of all

Troy Nicklas

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140109/troy-niklas-declares-nfl-draft-notre-dame/
(http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140109/troy-niklas-declares-nfl-draft-notre-dame/)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g10YtM1Qjk[/VIDEO

Who is your huckleberry?

Ebron or Amaro in Round 1
Austin Sefarian Jenkins or Troy Nicklas in Round 2

Shoes
01-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Troy Nicklas looks really good, Aussie. I'd take Nicklas

Dwinsgames
01-15-2014, 12:20 PM
I would still take C.J. Fedorowitz

Shoes
01-15-2014, 01:14 PM
I'll be happy if we can get either one. Dwins is CJ your choice because you think we can get him in a later round?

Dwinsgames
01-15-2014, 02:04 PM
I'll be happy if we can get either one. Dwins is CJ your choice because you think we can get him in a later round?

partly , but mainly because I believe he is the most complete TE in the draft and the most ready to assume a Heath Miller like Role , the perfect eventual replacement for Miller yet still could be very active along side Miller posing a multitude of problems for defenses because he can block and catch at a high level teams would not know which TE was going into the pattern and who was staying home to block or if both where going out or staying in ...

in situational football that can be a big advantage for an offense

Chidi29
01-18-2014, 10:02 AM
Louis Nix report:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/01/2014-nfl-draft-player-profiles-notre-dame-nt-louis-nix-iii/

Dee ford report:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/01/2014-nfl-draft-player-profiles-auburn-lb-dee-ford/

LLT
01-20-2014, 03:40 PM
I would still take C.J. Fedorowitz

I was very...very...impressed with TE Jordan Najvar of Baylor at the East West Shriners Game. Good size at 6-6 262 lbs and looked pretty quick. Had good hands and his blocking was at least moderately acceptable other than the fact that he sometimes lunges.(But thats correctable)

He was apparantly under-utilized at Baylor who didnt use their tight ends much....could be a SERIOUS sleeper.

Dwinsgames
01-20-2014, 05:27 PM
I was very...very...impressed with TE Jordan Najvar of Baylor at the East West Shriners Game. Good size at 6-6 262 lbs and looked pretty quick. Had good hands and his blocking was at least moderately acceptable other than the fact that he sometimes lunges.(But thats correctable)

He was apparantly under-utilized at Baylor who didnt use their tight ends much....could be a SERIOUS sleeper.

I have it taped , will go back and have a more in depth look at the game this week sometime , only watched it once in real time thus far

LLT
01-20-2014, 05:36 PM
I have it taped , will go back and have a more in depth look at the game this week sometime , only watched it once in real time thus far

I have been spending some time looking at scouting reports on him BEFORE the game and virtually all of them say that he is an accomplished blocker. IF that is true and based on his route running and hands...he could be legitimate. I only have the one game to go on...but might check some of his past games when I get the chance.

SteelerFanInStl
01-20-2014, 05:49 PM

I was impressed by him too. Looks like a guy that was simply not used in college.

LLT
01-20-2014, 06:00 PM
I was impressed by him too. Looks like a guy that was simply not used in college.

I think he definitely worked his way up into the later rounds,

Chidi29
01-23-2014, 10:15 AM
Jace Amaro report:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/01/2014-nfl-draft-player-profiles-texas-tech-te-jace-amaro/

Billy Turner report:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/01/2014-nfl-draft-player-profiles-north-dakota-state-t-billy-turner/

Psycho Ward 86
01-23-2014, 01:38 PM
1) S Haha Clinton-Dix (Alabama)
2) WR Donte Moncrief (Ole Miss)
3a) WR Jordan Matthews (Vanderbilt)
3b) ILB Chris Borland (Wisconsin)
3c) CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste (Nebraska)
4) TE CJ Fiedorowicz (Iowa)
5) RB James White (Wisconsin)
6) NT Ryan Carrethers (Arkansas State)
7) DE Jeoffrey Pagan (Alabama)

All good value picks imo (Except ill admit im reaching a bit for Moncrief), and all very realistic as far as availability. Chris Borland, Jordan Matthews, and Jean-Baptiste are all going to have great NFL careers and make a lot of teams regret passing on him. Watch.

Pagan has a lot of potential for a 7th rounder/FA with a good line coach like John Mitchell

Shoes
01-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Bucky Brooks like Dwins pick Cj Fiedorowicz...

» Iowa TE C.J. Fiedorowicz: Teams looking for a traditional tight end should pay close attention to Iowa's C.J. Fiedorowicz. The 6-7, 265-pound standout is a big-bodied pass catcher capable of wreaking havoc between the hashes. In individual and team drills, Fiedorowicz has consistently gotten open against athletic linebacker by effectively utilizing his size and strength to win at the top of routes. Additionally, he has shown exceptional balance and body control for his size by quickly getting in and out of his breaks. Factor in his superb instincts, awareness and technical skills, Fiedorowicz has been nearly impossible to guard in the middle of the field.

And I believe TX's pick in Jean-Baptiste

» Nebraska CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste: The Seahawks (http://www.nfl.com/teams/seattleseahawks/profile?team=SEA)' journey toSuper Bowl XLVIII (http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/48) behind the suffocating play of the "Legion of Boom" has helped Nebraska Jean-Baptiste emerge as one of the top cornerback prospects in the 2014 class. The 6-3, 220-pound standout fits the mold of the long, rangy athletes manning the corner for Pete Carroll (http://www.nfl.com/player/petecarroll/2511159/profile)'s squad; other teams view Jean-Baptiste in that light after watching him dominate Big Ten competition with his superior size and athleticism.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000316892/printable/stanfords-trent-murphy-a-disappointment-at-senior-bowl

Nice work Chidi!

Dwinsgames
01-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Bucky Brooks like Dwins pick Cj Fiedorowicz...

» Iowa TE C.J. Fiedorowicz: Teams looking for a traditional tight end should pay close attention to Iowa's C.J. Fiedorowicz. The 6-7, 265-pound standout is a big-bodied pass catcher capable of wreaking havoc between the hashes. In individual and team drills, Fiedorowicz has consistently gotten open against athletic linebacker by effectively utilizing his size and strength to win at the top of routes. Additionally, he has shown exceptional balance and body control for his size by quickly getting in and out of his breaks. Factor in his superb instincts, awareness and technical skills, Fiedorowicz has been nearly impossible to guard in the middle of the field.

And I believe TX's pick in Jean-Baptiste

» Nebraska CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste: The Seahawks (http://www.nfl.com/teams/seattleseahawks/profile?team=SEA)' journey toSuper Bowl XLVIII (http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/48) behind the suffocating play of the "Legion of Boom" has helped Nebraska Jean-Baptiste emerge as one of the top cornerback prospects in the 2014 class. The 6-3, 220-pound standout fits the mold of the long, rangy athletes manning the corner for Pete Carroll (http://www.nfl.com/player/petecarroll/2511159/profile)'s squad; other teams view Jean-Baptiste in that light after watching him dominate Big Ten competition with his superior size and athleticism.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000316892/printable/stanfords-trent-murphy-a-disappointment-at-senior-bowl

Tex and I like both of those players ( a lot ) not sure who likes em the most but I believe we are both pretty high on both prospects

again there is NO TE in this draft that blocks and catches ( package deal cause we will expect a TE to do both ) as good as CJ you can make book on it

Psycho Ward 86
01-23-2014, 05:18 PM
cant copy and paste the link because my laptop was stolen and i dont know how to use this Mac, but mike mayock is comparing chris borland to Zach Thomas and a "sawn off" luke kuechly (due to chris borland's shorter arms, which has been the main cause for concern for scouts)

Chidi29
01-23-2014, 05:23 PM
I think Amaro could do both. He's got a lot of work to do and rarely was used as an in-line blocker. But his size alone will let him down block ends. And he can control DBs in the open field when he sticks. Perfect for our bubble/smoke screens.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear about your computer, Psycho. That blows.

Psycho Ward 86
01-23-2014, 05:30 PM
I think Amaro could do both. He's got a lot of work to do and rarely was used as an in-line blocker. But his size alone will let him down block ends. And he can control DBs in the open field when he sticks. Perfect for our bubble/smoke screens.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear about your computer, Psycho. That blows.

wow you think so? if jace amaro can be coached up to block, he might be better than ebron

Chidi29
01-23-2014, 07:33 PM
wow you think so? if jace amaro can be coached up to block, he might be better than ebron

Yeah, check out my report and I cited a few examples. He's got a lot of work to do, of course, but at 6'5 260? The size is there. And I've seen the strength. Check out the GIF of him blocking the DB.

Texasteel
01-23-2014, 07:34 PM
Tex and I like both of those players ( a lot ) not sure who likes em the most but I believe we are both pretty high on both prospects

again there is NO TE in this draft that blocks and catches ( package deal cause we will expect a TE to do both ) as good as CJ you can make book on it

I do like both players very much, and getting to like them more and more. CJ has been hidden just a little by the fact that he was playing this year with a totally green QB who did tend to make a mistake or two at the wrong time. Plus, Iowa had two very good TEs. This could have stolen some of CJs thunder. Still, when they needed a catch they normally looked to Fiedorowicz.

I have been pushing Jean-Baptiste as a possible Safety, but now I would have to say, I might be wrong about that. the last of the year, and in recent workouts, he has shown me that he could indeed be a very good CB. A CB of his size, and still with a little foot speed, and showing some coverage skills. I'm afraid that what always happens, will happen again and both players will start getting more attention, and be taken before we can grab them up.

Psycho Ward 86
01-23-2014, 10:26 PM
richard sherman ran a 4.56 40. just for the workout warrior scouts out there.

Texasteel
01-23-2014, 11:02 PM
I think that most here will take workouts as backup to what they have seen. What may be more important, at least to me, is how quickly a kid can react to a move the WR puts on them, and can they close on him if the WR gets a step on him. All this in pads, not in shorts.

Dwinsgames
01-24-2014, 12:49 AM
I think that most here will take workouts as backup to what they have seen. What may be more important, at least to me, is how quickly a kid can react to a move the WR puts on them, and can they close on him if the WR gets a step on him. All this in pads, not in shorts.

bullseye

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

first round pick that you have to work with to get him to be able to do what you want or a late 2nd to mid 3rd round pick that already does what you would want him to do at a high level ... hmm let me ponder that one LOL

Chidi29
01-24-2014, 10:54 AM
Who's the second guy we're talking about? Iowa kid?

Shoes
01-24-2014, 02:06 PM

I'm thinking Dwins does mean CJ. Sure makes sense to me, the kid is popping on all cylinders and if you could get him in the 2nd or 3rd round that would be fantastic. But with the attention he's getting, I'll bet he goes in the 2nd.

Drazo85
01-24-2014, 03:07 PM
The reports are that Pitt Panthers Aaron Donald is having a huge week at Senior Bowl practices. His size (6`1 290) and skilset are supposedly more suitable to 4-3 defense.
What are you guys think of him? Can he make it in Lebeau`s 3-4 as a end? Given these reports I don`t think he will make out of 2 round.

Dwinsgames
01-24-2014, 04:20 PM
The reports are that Pitt Panthers Aaron Donald is having a huge week at Senior Bowl practices. His size (6`1 290) and skilset are supposedly more suitable to 4-3 defense.
What are you guys think of him? Can he make it in Lebeau`s 3-4 as a end? Given these reports I don`t think he will make out of 2 round.

I love this kid and I have no doubt he could play end in the 3-4 , I had him in several mocks ( the mock draft site thread ) and intended him as an end when selecting him the problem is he will most likely go in the mid/late second at this point .....

so much talent going to be drafted in the second and third rounds I honestly believe if I where the GM of the Steelers we would not be selecting in round 1 at all I would do as many little trade backs snagging extra 2nd 3rd and 4th round picks as I could possibly collect ....

we had well over 100 underclassmen declare already ( doubling the highest total in history ) almost all those guys are highly talented players who will be drafted between the first and 4th round ( enough by themselves to take up 3 rounds of the draft )....

trade down , trade down , trade down , trade down , and trade down again , give me a pair of 3rd round comp picks to go with it all and I would retool like we have never retooled before

Dwinsgames
01-24-2014, 06:28 PM

yea and it will take more than 3 games to get a true evaluation of him ...

WARNING .......

Prepare to fall in love with the kid , he is Health Miller Jr.

Shoes
01-24-2014, 08:04 PM
Here's a little on Donald……Dang, Fiedorowicz's name is popping up every where. Anyone else watching the Sr. Bowl?

http://www.seniorbowl.com/news-highlights-detail.php?news=121

Chidi29
01-25-2014, 12:41 AM
yea and it will take more than 3 games to get a true evaluation of him ...

WARNING .......

Prepare to fall in love with the kid , he is Health Miller Jr.

Well you'll have to forgive me then...way I'm writing stuff this year I don't get a chance to watch everyone first and then make a conclusion of *the* guy I want.

- - - Updated - - -

Donald really doesn't fit as a 34 end. Certainly wouldn't be the best use of his talent. He's a guy that is going to one gap and blow plays up. Not hold the point and play the run.

Aussie_steeler
01-25-2014, 03:30 AM
I am still torn between the tight end prospects.

Here are my current assessments

1. Eric Ebron is a speedy pass catching TE who can block. Probably has the greatest range, downfield and sideline to sideline.
2. Jace Amaro is another pass catching first TE. Doesn't have the range of Ebron restricting him more towards the hashmarks and shallow sidelines.
3. Austin Sefarian Jenkins - really mixed with ASJ. The biggest TE but is the finesse guy.
4. CJ Fiedorowicz. Run blocking TE who is strong over the middle. Good hands catcher
5. Troy Nicklas. He is the younger, less polished version of CJ Fiedorowicz. Body catcher who is developing. I think he may be the best blocking TE in this group

If Colbert wants a receiving TE to start Day 1 = Eric Ebron
If Colbert wants a blocking / catching TE to start Day 1 = CJ Fiedorowicz

If Heath Miller is not resigned then who out of this group starts as #1 TE in 2015? That is where I am really stuck.

They could have taken Tyler Eifert last year but remained committed to Miller. Are they still committed to Heath Miller???

Dwinsgames
01-25-2014, 11:12 AM
Well you'll have to forgive me then...way I'm writing stuff this year I don't get a chance to watch everyone first and then make a conclusion of *the* guy I want.

- - - Updated - - -

Donald really doesn't fit as a 34 end. Certainly wouldn't be the best use of his talent. He's a guy that is going to one gap and blow plays up. Not hold the point and play the run.

first let me say no offense meant but 3 games is not nearly enough to form an opinion I would be comfortable with to do an article on a players ability , I understand you have to cover a lot of ground and hit on a lot of players in limited time constraints do to getting an education , studies , classes, having a life , and the like so I do get it ... I just would not be comfortable myself in doing so ... 3 games is enough to get an impression ( right wrong or indifferent ) but there is a big difference in an opinion and an impression ( but I do not need to tell you that your a smart kid )

as for Donald , he is very similar in style and ability to JJ Watt coming out ( not physical size so do not read into it something I did not say ) ...... I have no issue with those results and would be more than happy to have some of that in Pittsburgh , so saying Donald can't be effective in the 3-4 is to me saying Watt can't play the 3-4 and I think we all know better on that front ... is he a perfect player , NO ... but does he give you enough upside from the disruption department to off set his shortcoming I think that is an astounding YES ....

While having a player like Donald it enables you to have a OLB on his side that does not necessarily have to be a pass rushing beast , but instead just a solid all around player who can do a bit of everything and do it " well " a solid player who is a superb tackler ....

so all the sudden a guy like Chris Carter goes from not good enough as an OLB because he lacks enough pass rushing ability to being good enough because he is a solid no frills player who can tackle all because a guy like Donald plays in front of him and takes the pressure off and gives what Carter is slighted on talent wise ....

No Donald is not the prototypical 3-4 end ( neither is Heyward ) he can bring a skill set that is 3-4 capable ( albiet not the Aaron Smith style of 3-4 end ) ... if you are looking for an Aaron Smith type then you should be concentrating on someone like Josh Mauro from Stanford

I would draft Donald to play end in the 3-4 and never bat an eye at it and hopefully the Steelers feel the same way if they embrace a trade down philosophy and accumulate selections in the 2nd 3rd and 4th round as I hope they do ( but I know they probably will not )

Dwinsgames
01-25-2014, 01:15 PM
as a side note to the above post this league is without question a passing league . its QB driven and teams line up in todays NFL and try and beat you with their QBs arm even when their QB is not a " special player " the more you can minimize the oppositions QBs ability to get comfortable the better your teams chances become to be victorious .....

sure at times you will become victimized by the run but again in a passing league its becoming a " who can score the fastest league " the less plays it takes the less chance of failure is many coordinators mindset ( not saying it is right or that I agree with that philosophy because I do not ) but that does not change the fact it does exist in today's NFL ....

I am from the school of thought that if I have the ball you can not score so I want long time consuming drives methodically moving the chains down field but not without quick strike ability that has to be accounted for , that quick strike ability helps me achieve my long sustained drives ( what many called the Mike Wallace factor ) ..... not that I want him back cause I do not so lets not get sidetracked but I feel you need a player with that skill set to help keep a def honest ....

I believe the more players you have that can put pressure on the oppositions QB the better you will be at def considering the tilted run / pass ratio over taking the NFL today ... if I can be the best in the league against 64% of the play calls against me I have the competitive advantage vs my opponent ...

the back end of the def is stronger by default , just like when people ran 65% of the time and you could stop the run better than anyone else you normally won the game by winning the majority of your defensive snaps ....

this would make an interesting article care to do one about it Chidi ?

you could give me inspiration credits LOL

Chidi29
01-25-2014, 01:59 PM
I don't want to get too caught up in one player's size but a guy that isn't even 6'1 facing tackles that have four inches and 30 pounds on him is going to be awfully difficult. You're right that we shouldn't get locked into the "cookie cutter" mold of what a player at that position is supposed to look like. Heyward does deviate from that, yes, but he still has size (6'5 288). It's the height that really is the big plus.

And like I said, I really feel Donald is best served one gapping. Not as a two gapper.

All really a moot point anyway because he's unlikely to even be in the conversation. I expect us to lock down Hood and there'd be no reason to take a DE in the first round then.

What exactly do you want me to look at? Something to do with TOP?

Dwinsgames
01-25-2014, 02:21 PM
I don't want to get too caught up in one player's size but a guy that isn't even 6'1 facing tackles that have four inches and 30 pounds on him is going to be awfully difficult. You're right that we shouldn't get locked into the "cookie cutter" mold of what a player at that position is supposed to look like. Heyward does deviate from that, yes, but he still has size (6'5 288). It's the height that really is the big plus.

And like I said, I really feel Donald is best served one gapping. Not as a two gapper.

All really a moot point anyway because he's unlikely to even be in the conversation. I expect us to lock down Hood and there'd be no reason to take a DE in the first round then.

What exactly do you want me to look at? Something to do with TOP?

Donald likely will be a second round player IMO but he could potentially combine himself into the latter part of the first I suppose but that is besides the point ....

as for the bold ... perhaps an in depth article on how the league has changed over time from run first to pass first and how you go about stopping it with all out pressure instead of coverage based schemes and if it is even plausible ( and I think it is with just average DBs if you can get enough consistent pressure) it seemed like a good idea for an article but maybe not so much lol I guess it all depends on the angle and what if any basis you can find to back up the theory ...

we know pressure can do many things ( not much is any good for the offense ) Buddy Ryans 46 def is a good starting point for what pressure does but it does come with its flaws .... I am thinking a 34 version of the 46 ( some Lebeau / Ryan blend ) would be a hell of a scheme based on the fact that the pass run ratio is truly lopsided in today's game ... if all the players in the front 7 are pass rush capable you pose a big issue for the opposition

I would love to see press man coverage and all out blitz as a staple of our def

Chidi29
01-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Oh man, something like that would be tough. Especially from an empirical, statistical standpoint. Not sure it's something I have the time for anyway.

To the other point I forgot to talk about, yes three games is not ideal for me. There are times where I will watch somebody in 4 or 5 games though that is rare. One issue is time, like you said. I don't get to watch a lick of college football before bowl season. I had like two Saturdays off all fall semester. So I play catch up mode once I go home for break. And with the amount of players I want to look at, getting 6 games on everyone is tough. Sometimes, not even available. Sometimes there's only 3-4 videos of a player. And that's total, not just senior tape. So it makes it tough.

I don't think three is a horrible number though. Watch three games, you're watching what, 180-200 snaps? I've felt you can get a good feel with three. So that's what I work with.And I publicize that in order to be transparent. So you all know exactly what I'm seeing. Not too many people do that and that can create a disconnect. What did the guy watching him see? How many games? Against who?

st33lersguy
01-25-2014, 03:55 PM
With Mike Munchak hired, I think he can get the most out of guys like Mike Adams and Kelvin Beachum. With that said I think that the Steelers should go exclusively defense in the first round

Dwinsgames
01-25-2014, 11:11 PM
Crockett Gilmore TE Colorado state .....will need to watch more ( just seen his senior bowl effort ) but from what I have seen thus far mark me down as impressed very good blocker , seals the edge well 5 catches 60 yards and a TD .. not a bad effort at all from a kid stepping up in the spotlight and just a couple weeks ago he did not have any plans on being there

Chidi29
01-26-2014, 01:20 AM
Although I don't want to forget that I thought Sheldon Richardson was a horrendous fit for the Jets and he turned out to have a great season. That would inspire a lot of 34 teams to roll the dice on a guy like Donald. I wonder how the Jets used Richardson....might be something I want to take a look at.

Dwinsgames
01-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Although I don't want to forget that I thought Sheldon Richardson was a horrendous fit for the Jets and he turned out to have a great season. That would inspire a lot of 34 teams to roll the dice on a guy like Donald. I wonder how the Jets used Richardson....might be something I want to take a look at.

Elvis Dumerville is 5'11" 260 granted he was in a 4-3 system in Denver playing end but many scoffed at his size and claimed he would not have the ability to consistently make plays vs guys 5-8 inches taller and 40 - 60 pounds heavier ..... I think he proved those critic wrong and is just another example of why we need to forget about the cookie cutter ....

Donald is almost 2 inches taller and nearly 30 pounds heavier

Donald has one of the quickest first steps you will find and by the time he makes it many times his opponent is beat to the point they can not recover quick enough to be effective and that alone will make him effective if not dominate at the next level ... he was the most outstanding def player at senior bowl week vs the run and pass according to Mike Smith

Steelerette
01-26-2014, 10:50 AM
I had a dream that I was in charge of the Steelers' Draft. It was the first round and I picked Justin Gilbert. Not my top choice but ok... then in the second round I picked Frostee Rucker. WTH? Everyone was laughing at me and I woke up in a cold sweat.

Dwinsgames
01-26-2014, 11:29 AM
I had a dream that I was in charge of the Steelers' Draft. It was the first round and I picked Justin Gilbert. Not my top choice but ok... then in the second round I picked Frostee Rucker. WTH? Everyone was laughing at me and I woke up in a cold sweat.

lol frosty is a little long in the tooth at this point for draft day

Gilbert is climbing some charts , seen 2 mocks yesterday that had him going off the board top 12 and the first CB to be drafted in those mocks

Mojouw
01-26-2014, 12:20 PM
lol frosty is a little long in the tooth at this point for draft day

Gilbert is climbing some charts , seen 2 mocks yesterday that had him going off the board top 12 and the first CB to be drafted in those mocks

With the success of the Seahawks' defense and the NFL being basically a copycat league, I figure Gilbert will fly up draft boards if he has a decent pre-draft period. He is one of the biggest corners on the board and everyone will be looking for the next Sherman.

Anyone know about Stanley Jean-Baptiste? Big guy. Might be nice for the Steelers to have a guy that can match up with all those mutant WR's that are beginning to populate the AFC North (Green, Gordon, etc).

Dwinsgames
01-26-2014, 12:39 PM
With the success of the Seahawks' defense and the NFL being basically a copycat league, I figure Gilbert will fly up draft boards if he has a decent pre-draft period. He is one of the biggest corners on the board and everyone will be looking for the next Sherman.

Anyone know about Stanley Jean-Baptiste? Big guy. Might be nice for the Steelers to have a guy that can match up with all those mutant WR's that are beginning to populate the AFC North (Green, Gordon, etc).

Tex and I have been all over Baptiste for awhile , I like him as a CB or S , think he would be a phenomenal FS in a few years time and a good CB .....

Dwinsgames
01-28-2014, 12:13 AM
have been talking a ton about trading down , here is what I came up with as a possible outcome of such a scenario and addressing team needs with a emphasis on the secondary and O-Line while still addressing ILB the D-Line and WR respectively with multiple picks in most areas ( if you miss a pick you have backup plan already in place ) and this is assuming we will gain a pair of 3rd round picks and a 6th as comp selections

Round 2 Pick 5 (ATL): James Hurst (http://www.google.com/search?q=James+Hurst+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), OT,
Round 2 Pick 14: Kyle Fuller (http://www.google.com/search?q=Kyle+Fuller+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), CB, Virginia Tech
Round 2 Pick 17 (NYJ): Louchiez Purifoy (http://www.google.com/search?q=Louchiez+Purifoy+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), CB, Florida
Round 3 Pick 12 (DET): Donte Moncrief (http://www.google.com/search?q=Donte+Moncrief+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), WR, Ole Miss
Round 3 comp Dion Bailey (http://www.google.com/search?q=Dion+Bailey+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), FS USC
Round 3 comp Bryan Stork (http://www.google.com/search?q=Bryan+Stork+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), C, Florida State
Round 4 Pick 6 (CLE): Daniel McCullers (http://www.google.com/search?q=Daniel+McCullers+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), DT, Tennessee
Round 4 Pick 7 (OAK): Josh Mauro (http://www.google.com/search?q=Josh+Mauro+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), DE, Stanford
Round 4 Pick 18: Crockett Gillmore (http://www.google.com/search?q=Crockett+Gillmore+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), TE, Colorado State
Round 5 Pick 17: Christian Kirksey (http://www.google.com/search?q=Christian+Kirksey+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), ILB, Iowa
Round 6 Pick 5 (OAK): Cody Hoffman (http://www.google.com/search?q=Cody+Hoffman+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), WR, Brigham Young
Round 6 comp: Antonio Andrews (http://www.google.com/search?q=Antonio+Andrews+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), RB, Western Kentucky
Round 7 Pick 15: Dakota Dozier (http://www.google.com/search?q=Dakota+Dozier+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), OG, Furman

edit forget to enter a comp and had one out of place

Steelerette
01-28-2014, 10:40 AM
have been talking a ton about trading down , here is what I came up with as a possible outcome of such a scenario and addressing team needs with a emphasis on the secondary and O-Line while still addressing ILB the D-Line and WR respectively with multiple picks in most areas ( if you miss a pick you have backup plan already in place ) and this is assuming we will gain a pair of 3rd round picks and a 6th as comp selections

Round 2 Pick 5 (ATL): James Hurst (http://www.google.com/search?q=James+Hurst+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), OT,
Round 2 Pick 14: Kyle Fuller (http://www.google.com/search?q=Kyle+Fuller+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), CB, Virginia Tech
Round 2 Pick 17 (NYJ): Louchiez Purifoy (http://www.google.com/search?q=Louchiez+Purifoy+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), CB, Florida
Round 3 Pick 12 (DET): Donte Moncrief (http://www.google.com/search?q=Donte+Moncrief+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), WR, Ole Miss
Round 3 comp Dion Bailey (http://www.google.com/search?q=Dion+Bailey+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), FS USC
Round 3 comp Bryan Stork (http://www.google.com/search?q=Bryan+Stork+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), C, Florida State
Round 4 Pick 6 (CLE): Daniel McCullers (http://www.google.com/search?q=Daniel+McCullers+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), DT, Tennessee
Round 4 Pick 7 (OAK): Josh Mauro (http://www.google.com/search?q=Josh+Mauro+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), DE, Stanford
Round 4 Pick 18: Crockett Gillmore (http://www.google.com/search?q=Crockett+Gillmore+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), TE, Colorado State
Round 5 Pick 17: Christian Kirksey (http://www.google.com/search?q=Christian+Kirksey+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), ILB, Iowa
Round 6 Pick 5 (OAK): Cody Hoffman (http://www.google.com/search?q=Cody+Hoffman+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), WR, Brigham Young
Round 6 comp: Antonio Andrews (http://www.google.com/search?q=Antonio+Andrews+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), RB, Western Kentucky
Round 7 Pick 15: Dakota Dozier (http://www.google.com/search?q=Dakota+Dozier+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), OG, Furman

I like Kyle Fuller a lot and I'd be quite happy with that in general. I've been thinking about the trade down thing and the only thing I wonder about it is are we going to find any trade partners with which to make multiple trade-downs? This is supposedly a very deep draft particularly for round 2-4 talent; won't everybody be trying to trade down more or less? Who can we reasonably exchange picks with?

Dwinsgames
01-28-2014, 11:19 AM
I like Kyle Fuller a lot and I'd be quite happy with that in general. I've been thinking about the trade down thing and the only thing I wonder about it is are we going to find any trade partners with which to make multiple trade-downs? This is supposedly a very deep draft particularly for round 2-4 talent; won't everybody be trying to trade down more or less? Who can we reasonably exchange picks with?

anyone wanting a falling player or a QB , LT , Potentially one of the TEs .... we do not have the ability to see anyone else's draft board and there are often times surprises on a player or two as well some could have Ebron ranked as top ten and if there at 15 would want to go after him , others may have Amaro ranked higher and he could be there , a WR like Watkins, Evans or Lee could be a target Mosley or Mack , could fall a bit just hard to tell , only takes 1 player a team behind us in in love with ( at any spot in the draft or first round ) to fall to our pick point for them to try and move up to get him

Texasteel
01-28-2014, 04:19 PM

Round 7 Pick 15: Dakota Dozier (http://www.google.com/search?q=Dakota+Dozier+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), OG, Furmann

Don't mind this one at all, if the needed trades can be pulled of. It strengthens the OL, the DL, the WR position, and the defensive back feild.

Like the Stork pick, will be needed if we do trade Pouncey, or if he gos down again.
Like the Kirksey pick as well. This kid is an OLB with safety skill. I think he would make a very good ILB.
Don't hear the name Antonio Andrews, but I like the young man, and I think would fit into our system very well. Could end up a bit of a steal at the end of the draft.

Would love to see what our new OL coach could do with our line plus the 3 you list.

Dwinsgames
01-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Don't mind this one at all, if the needed trades can be pulled of. It strengthens the OL, the DL, the WR position, and the defensive back feild.

Like the Stork pick, will be needed if we do trade Pouncey, or if he gos down again.
Like the Kirksey pick as well. This kid is an OLB with safety skill. I think he would make a very good ILB.
Don't hear the name Antonio Andrews, but I like the young man, and I think would fit into our system very well. Could end up a bit of a steal at the end of the draft.

Would love to see what our new OL coach could do with our line plus the 3 you list.

thanks , but as you already know , draft day is hard to predict , some drafts full of trades while others not so much how this one will trend is anyones guess ...

I highly doubt we move as much as I posted in that little mock but if ever a year was to do so this is it IMO ....

this draft lacks high end superstars for the most part and is plum full of solid talent round 2-4 and into round 5 as I see it , sure there will be misses but when you stockpile picks you can afford a miss here and there much easier than going into the draft with 6 picks + comps and missing a key 3rd round selection in the meat and potatoes of the draft

st33lersguy
02-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Defense still wins Super Bowls, can't go offense in the first round

Texasteel
02-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Defense still wins Super Bowls, can't go offense in the first round

Even if they feel the offensive player is head and shoulders above the rest?

st33lersguy
02-02-2014, 09:47 PM

Yes, because an improved offense won't carry the team very far if the defense continues to decline, besides there are so many top tier defensive players this year that scenario is not going to happen

Dwinsgames
02-02-2014, 10:17 PM

I do not think there will be any scenario that makes that the case , I could be wrong but outside of a couple of players falling drastically and even then would they be a fit or need ...

Perhaps a tackle falls that would prove very good value and as much as I would like to upgrade at T with our new line Coach it may prove to be a redundant move at this point ( how things change from a month or so ago ) other than that I just do not see anyone on the offensive side of the football that would help us as much as a talented def player would in the long run ...

We need to go Def or trade down ILB , DE, CB, S , NT are all needs to one degree or another either this year or next may as well get them in house and in system now BPA that fits the system at one of those positions is where we need to go IMO

Texasteel
02-02-2014, 10:42 PM
You know me. I talk trade down almost every year. This years seems to make more sense that ever before. There is a LBer that I have not mentioned but once, and will not again, that I think could well be there for us in the late 20s. He and a curtain FS, that might also be there, make sense to me. I don't want a TE, the position is too damn deep in my eyes. Don't think I want a CB, for the same reason. I've been saying for a long time I don't think there is a hard first round CB in this draft, of course that changes in the second and third rounds.

I want something in the first round that I can't get in the second round. Who that is remains to be seen.

Steelerette
02-02-2014, 11:40 PM
I can't help but be high on Nix, especially after watching that superbowl. Defense rules. Dix or a trade down would be nice yes, but, Dix enforcing the line and gobbling two blockers for the next decade?

That will just make everybody else on the defense that much better. If we plug in Dix, I'm looking for Heyward, Timmons, and Wood/Worilds (whichever one we keep) to just have a monumental next few seasons, and our secondary to appear to be that much better.

Dwinsgames
02-03-2014, 09:21 AM
I can't help but be high on Nix, especially after watching that superbowl. Defense rules. Dix or a trade down would be nice yes, but, Dix enforcing the line and gobbling two blockers for the next decade?

That will just make everybody else on the defense that much better. If we plug in Dix, I'm looking for Heyward, Timmons, and Wood/Worilds (whichever one we keep) to just have a monumental next few seasons, and our secondary to appear to be that much better.

N.... NIX ....

D...Dix ....

NT - S

:wink02:

easy mistake but had to read it twice to be sure of what I read LOL

Steelerette
02-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Oops! Yes looks like I jumbled that up a little. Dix at NT? No thanks! :sofunny:

If we do get Dix, I'm sure Dix and Shamarko would be a phenomenal future for our safety position, but I wonder how many Monica Lewinsky jokes we're going to have to listen to Chris Berman make.

Dwinsgames
02-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Let me toss another name into the mix ( I have been holding this one under my cap )

Derrell Johnson , East Carolina OLB that I think could move inside in the 3-4 or work outside as well experienced player logging 50 games came on last year with 62 tackles and 7 sacks 11 TFL and followed that up this season with 80 tackles 8 sacks and 14 TFL at 6-2-260 is said to run in the 4.7 range

quite possible he could be on the board in the 6th or 7th round and I like this kid a lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJvWXvjFnA8

Aussie_steeler
02-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Let me toss another name into the mix ( I have been holding this one under my cap )

Derrell Johnson , East Carolina OLB that I think could move inside in the 3-4 or work outside as well experienced player logging 50 games came on last year with 62 tackles and 7 sacks 11 TFL and followed that up this season with 80 tackles 8 sacks and 14 TFL at 6-2-260 is said to run in the 4.7 range

quite possible he could be on the board in the 6th or 7th round

He is a very good late round option ( and they seem to be very limited).

Your developing a good eye Dwins.

Had an eye on him for a while as well

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/18983-Summer-Christmas-Holiday-Mock?p=414374#post414374

Dwinsgames
02-04-2014, 02:57 PM
I remember reading that post but for whatever reason Missed his presence ( not sure How I missed it , but I did LOL )

Psycho Ward 86
02-04-2014, 03:59 PM

quite possible he could be on the board in the 6th or 7th round and I like this kid a lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJvWXvjFnA8

Love love love

Psycho Ward 86
02-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Dwins, Texassteel, Chidi, how about an analysis on OLB Shaquil Barret next? Kid plays in a smaller conference but he has some serious WTF numbers and the film doesnt look too shabby.

Freshman: 82 tackles, 11.5 TFL, 8.5 sacks, 3 FF,
Sophomore: 99 tackles, 4.5 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 1 INT (pick 6), 4 passes defensed, 1 FF, 1 FR for a TD
Junior: 67 tackles, 7.5 TFL, 3.5 sacks, 1 INT (pick 6), 2 passes defensed, 2 FF
Senior: 80 tackles, 20.5 TFL, 12 sacks, 1 INT, 2 passes defensed, 4 FF, 4 blocked punts and field goals

also at 6'2'' 260lb and ran a 4.72 ENTERING Colorado State University

another little easter egg. i read somewhere (behind the steel curtain i think?) that he was coached last season by joey porter.

Dwinsgames
02-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Dwins, Texassteel, Chidi, how about an analysis on OLB Shaquil Barret next? Kid plays in a smaller conference but he has some serious WTF numbers and the film doesnt look too shabby.

Freshman: 82 tackles, 11.5 TFL, 8.5 sacks, 3 FF, 4 blocked punts and field goals
Sophomore: 99 tackles, 4.5 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 1 INT (pick 6), 4 passes defensed, 1 FF, 1 FR for a TD
Senior: 80 tackles, 20.5 TFL, 12 sacks, 1 INT, 2 passes defensed, 4 FF

he is an interesting prospect and I thought I mentioned him at some point around here ( which thread /I dunno or maybe it was elsewhere ) let me look and see if I can find it ....

did a quick search and failed to find anything I had posted on him /shrug not sure where it is at lol , anyways ... he has extremely gaudy numbers vs lower level competition but when plugging in the tape what jumps out at me is he is trailing a lot of plays but its not always his fault as the guys around him do a poor job and he has to fight through their mess to get to his target ... has the strength to push around some upper tier talent linemen so that bodes well for him IMO

not sure how he will fair at the next level where his team mates are clearly head and shoulders better than they guys he currently plays with and if he can go from trailing plays to making them vs top tier competition but ....... worse case scenario you are getting a guy who competes and you just can not have enough of those kinds of guys on your roster even if it is for ST capacity ... he is without a doubt worthy of a late round flier ( as are a few other guys on Colorado st IMO ) Aaron Davis around 45 seconds into this video on Barret flashes big too but I think he is a next years prospect to keep an eye on so we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves on him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcGMgbc_DRU

Dwinsgames
02-04-2014, 05:25 PM
another kid I have kept under my hat is Paul Porras out of Rice 6'1 - 205 , 4.55-40 , nearly 300 tackles from the SS pos and has some coverage skills to boot with 19 PBU and 5 picks , you won't find much on him around the net and very little film ... but make no mistake this kid will hit you and he can cover as well , the only thing youtube has on hims is this ( I am not big on highlights but when it is all you can find use it with cation )

edit forgot to mention he may go undrafted and make some team very lucky ( hopefully its the Steelers )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSOedSdQHSI

http://www.riceowls.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/paul_porras_442103.html

Dwinsgames
02-04-2014, 05:55 PM
wow Dozier is getting a TON of hype ....

#62 – New England Patriots (http://musketfire.com?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=InPost) – Dakota Dozier – OG – Furman
Tom Brady has always worked best when his protection is solid. The New England Patriots have to think about revamped the interior of their offensive line starting at guard. Dakota Dozier comes out of small Furman but looks like he belongs at the top. Big and athletic for his size, he can handle almost anybody in pass protection and boasts the quickness to pull and get to the second level when run blocking

form potentially UDFA to second round prospect

Shoes
02-04-2014, 07:48 PM
another kid I have kept under my hat is Paul Porras out of Rice 6'1 - 205 , 4.55-40 , nearly 300 tackles from the SS pos and has some coverage skills to boot with 19 PBU and 5 picks , you won't find much on him around the net and very little film ... but make no mistake this kid will hit you and he can cover as well , the only thing youtube has on hims is this ( I am not big on highlights but when it is all you can find use it with cation )

edit forgot to mention he will probably go undrafted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSOedSdQHSI

Very nice find, Dwins. I like this kid, it seems like no one makes it passed him. Maybe you should start dropping notes to Colbert.

Texasteel
02-04-2014, 08:15 PM

Freshman: 82 tackles, 11.5 TFL, 8.5 sacks, 3 FF,
Senior: 80 tackles, 20.5 TFL, 12 sacks, 1 INT, 2 passes defensed, 4 FF, 4 blocked punts and field goals

another little easter egg. i read somewhere (behind the steel curtain i think?) that he was coached last season by joey porter.

What little I saw of him, I thought he was a good collage play. Don't know about the pros. I didn't look, to me, like he had a very quick first step, and often tried to simply run around blockers. When the blockers got into his body, he didn't seem to get to far. I think he would be a major project. Like I said, I saw very little of him, so I could be way off on the kid.

I believe he is figured as a 7th round/ UDFA right now.

Dwinsgames
02-04-2014, 08:37 PM
talking with jim wexell on twitter .... :boom:I was on the Baptiste train when people thought 6th rounder I was willing to go 4th now this ???

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell (https://twitter.com/jimwexell) 3m (https://twitter.com/jimwexell/status/430891373798379520) .@Dwinsgames (https://twitter.com/Dwinsgames) I'm not ruling Jean-Baptiste out at 15. Long shot. But not out.
Expand (https://twitter.com/jimwexell/status/430891373798379520)

Dwinsgames
02-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Paul ‏@Dwinsgames (https://twitter.com/Dwinsgames) 13m (https://twitter.com/Dwinsgames/status/430896313442390016)
@jimwexell (https://twitter.com/jimwexell) whats your thoughts on Fedorowitz , I see him as Heath Miller jr
Expand (https://twitter.com/Dwinsgames/status/430896313442390016)

Reply (https://twitter.com/#)
Delete (https://twitter.com/#)
Favorite (https://twitter.com/#)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000798452941/7efe6c9d9282bfd112ae1c0a8d21a666_bigger.jpeg James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell (https://twitter.com/jimwexell) 44s (https://twitter.com/jimwexell/status/430899563453743104)
@Dwinsgames (https://twitter.com/Dwinsgames) I think he's a better blocker than Heath. Not as athletic but bigger w big, soft mitts.

SteelerFanInStl
02-04-2014, 10:23 PM
What do you guys think of Telvin Smith, OLB Florida State as a Safety? At 6'3" 218lbs, he's undersized for LBer in the NFL but with his speed and coverage ability I think that he'd make a hell of a Safety. Every time that I watched Florida State play, he was all over the field.

Hmmm, I just read an article saying that he wants to stay at LBer and plans to put on weight. I guess we'll see how he grades out at the combine.

Dwinsgames
02-05-2014, 10:13 AM
What do you guys think of Telvin Smith, OLB Florida State as a Safety? At 6'3" 218lbs, he's undersized for LBer in the NFL but with his speed and coverage ability I think that he'd make a hell of a Safety. Every time that I watched Florida State play, he was all over the field.

Hmmm, I just read an article saying that he wants to stay at LBer and plans to put on weight. I guess we'll see how he grades out at the combine.

I think its a lot of weight to add in a short amount of time and keep your quickness and develop the power you would have to have to play LB in the 3-4 ... but that's just me

SteelerFanInStl
02-05-2014, 10:52 AM
I think its a lot of weight to add in a short amount of time and keep your quickness and develop the power you would have to have to play LB in the 3-4 ... but that's just me

I agree and that's why I think that he's much better suited for Safety in the NFL.

Dwinsgames
02-05-2014, 04:20 PM
one thing about this draft is for sure , it is uber talented and deep and for what it lacks in superstar prospects it more than makes up for with highly talented players who will make a living playing this game for several years

steelerdude15
02-06-2014, 08:38 AM
What do you guys think about Ra'shede Hageman from the University of Minnesota? He is a defensive tackle who is 6'6, 318 lbs, and seems to be quick athletic. He could be a good first or even a second round pick if he is still available. SB Nation's mock draft has us taking him in the first round. Here is his bio from CBS Sports:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664241/ra

One knock I do have is that he played in a 4-3 at Minnesota. Since we run a 3-4, I wonder if he could adjust. Some think he would be able to, but I guess we would have to see. From what I understand, he was a good bull rush and can get in the back field easily which is what we need badly.

Dwinsgames
02-06-2014, 10:35 AM
What do you guys think about Ra'shede Hageman from the University of Minnesota? He is a defensive tackle who is 6'6, 318 lbs, and seems to be quick athletic. He could be a good first or even a second round pick if he is still available. SB Nation's mock draft has us taking him in the first round. Here is his bio from CBS Sports:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664241/ra

One knock I do have is that he played in a 4-3 at Minnesota. Since we run a 3-4, I wonder if he could adjust. Some think he would be able to, but I guess we would have to see. From what I understand, he was a good bull rush and can get in the back field easily which is what we need badly.

He could probably adjust but I have a hard time imagining him getting past the Bears in the first round , he just looks like everything the Bears covet in a D-Lineman to me

Dwinsgames
02-06-2014, 06:09 PM
WR Davante Adams video , but notice Dion Bailey he shows up on tape more than once in this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Y-YGtGFQk#t=272

Dwinsgames
02-07-2014, 08:33 PM
A Stat to remember as we get close to draft day. Only 5% of all HS players play college football. Of that 5% only 1% will get a shot in NFL ... mind numbing how rare it actually is

Aussie_steeler
02-11-2014, 04:14 AM
Cant wait for the combine to finally get here.

Throw in free agency and prospect visits and I will be a bit happier.

The Mocking lobe of my brain is spinning around and not processing properly.

Had a spare half hour and this is where it is at.

1-15 Marquise Lee WR USC 6’0 190 Jnr.......... I cant pass him by at 15.
2-15 Kyle Fuller CB V Tech 6’0 194” Snr............. Physical corner with great special teams value
3-comp Terrance Brooks FS FSU 5’11 200 Snr............ my favourite FS in this class
4-15 Shane Skov ILB Stanford 6’2 245” Snr............ have been mocking him since 1990. One day he will get drafted
5-15 James Gayle LB V Tech 6’4 255” Snr.............. pass rushing prospect
5 comp Phillip Gaines CB Rice 6’1195 Snr................. raw CB scouted at shrine game
6-15 Derrell Johnson LB ECU 6’1 248” Snr............very raw pass rusher
7-15 Adam Muema RB San Diego State 5’10 205 Jnr...........as lively as a fart in a pickle jar. Sorry we need a lively RB
7 comp Ryan Groh Wisconsin OG/OT 6’5 320” Snr................. utility O lineman

Galax Steeler
02-11-2014, 04:41 AM
Cant wait for the combine to finally get here.

Throw in free agency and prospect visits and I will be a bit happier.

The Mocking lobe of my brain is spinning around and not processing properly.

Had a spare half hour and this is where it is at.

1-15 Marquise Lee WR USC 6’0 190 Jnr.......... I cant pass him by at 15.
2-15 Kyle Fuller CB V Tech 6’0 194” Snr............. Physical corner with great special teams value
3-comp Terrance Brooks FS FSU 5’11 200 Snr............ my favourite FS in this class
4-15 Shane Skov ILB Stanford 6’2 245” Snr............ have been mocking him since 1990. One day he will get drafted
5-15 James Gayle LB V Tech 6’4 255” Snr.............. pass rushing prospect
5 comp Phillip Gaines CB Rice 6’1195 Snr................. raw CB scouted at shrine game
6-15 Derrell Johnson LB ECU 6’1 248” Snr............very raw pass rusher
7-15 Adam Muema RB San Diego State 5’10 205 Jnr...........as lively as a fart in a pickle jar. Sorry we need a lively RB
7 comp Ryan Groh Wisconsin OG/OT 6’5 320” Snr................. utility O lineman

As always great work Aussie

Shoes
02-28-2014, 08:35 PM
Dang the online Mocks are all over the place.

Shoes
02-28-2014, 09:05 PM
I'm surely not on the Clowney bandwagon but this is a sweet hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIu22jokKKk

Dwinsgames
02-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Dang the online Mocks are all over the place.

yea its kind of what I was expecting this year ....

when you have 40-45 guys with a 1st round grade but only a dozen premier prospects it can be a conglomeration of muddled picks taking up a 1 round mock ... the other night I seen one without a S in the entire first round and thought wait a second here .... but guess what I could not find 1 guy in that mock not deserving of their placement , so who do you toss out just so you can put someone else in ...

talking to a buddy of mine on twitter who was doing a mock and could not find a place for Kony Ealy, same scenario a very solid argument could be made that there just was not enough slots in the top 32 to make all these kids land ....

Super deep draft class loaded with talented players

Dwinsgames
03-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Ryan Riddle ‏@Ryan_Riddle (https://twitter.com/Ryan_Riddle) 7m (https://twitter.com/Ryan_Riddle/status/439849645758365696) Michael Sam had the lowest measurable score of all edge rushers in this class & one of the worst grades in 3 years.

Shoes
03-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Some folks think we will pass on a S in the draft after the events of the last few days, what about TE? My gut tells me we will draft a TE, there sure isn't much behind Miller.

Any TE pro day's on the horizon?

Dwinsgames
03-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Some folks think we will pass on a S in the draft after the events of the last few days, what about TE? My gut tells me we will draft a TE, there sure isn't much behind Miller.

Any TE pro day's on the horizon?

here ya go buddy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000326264/article/2014-pro-days-schedule

Shoes
03-05-2014, 08:37 PM
here ya go buddy

Thanks Dwins.

Texasteel
03-05-2014, 08:43 PM
here ya go buddy

Going to keep on March 24. Will be interesting to see who they send to Iowas Pro Day.

Dwinsgames
03-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Going to keep on March 24. Will be interesting to see who they send to Iowas Pro Day.

I hope its Mark Bruener ,James Daniel , Keith Butler and Colbert

Shoes
03-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Mayock must be reading you mocks Dwins, he updated Bishop Stankey.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330427/article/mike-mayocks-updated-position-rankings-for-2014-nfl-draft

Dwinsgames
03-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Mayock must be reading you mocks Dwins, he updated Bishop Stankey.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330427/article/mike-mayocks-updated-position-rankings-for-2014-nfl-draft

hahaha he needs to pay more attention at S although he is getting closer .... Jimmy Ward is gonna be special the more I watch , the more impressed I become ...yes I am a fan

Shoes
03-05-2014, 09:03 PM
hahaha he needs to pay more attention at S although he is getting closer .... Jimmy Ward is gonna be special the more I watch , the more impressed I become ...yes I am a fan

What round Dwins?

Dwinsgames
03-05-2014, 09:23 PM
What round Dwins?

1st-early second , probably not a Steeler selection because of it but I do really like him and hope he ends up in the NFC

Texasteel
03-05-2014, 09:26 PM
What round Dwins?

Don't know if Dwins agrees or not, we have never talked about him.

He is the top SS on my board, and I see him as a sure 2nd rounder. Doubt if we spend our 2nd round pick on a SS.

PS. Guess he does.

Shoes
03-05-2014, 09:39 PM

He is the top SS on my board, and I see him as a sure 2nd rounder. Doubt if we spend our 2nd round pick on a SS.

PS. Guess he does.

You guys, Tex, Dwins, Aussie and Perry complement one another very well. I think the Steelers would do well in listening to what you folks have to say.

Dwinsgames
03-05-2014, 09:41 PM

PS. Guess he does.

kid is amazing , can play ANY spot in the secondary ...how many prospects can you say that about ? not to many

like Shamarko Thomas his size will hurt him as to when he is drafted ... 2 inches taller 10 more pounds he is a top 15 pick ...

as it stands probably late first to early second

Psycho Ward 86
03-07-2014, 05:38 PM
tex and dwins, how would you guys rank CJ Mosely, Ryan Shazier, and Chris Borland? And any of your 2 cents about them

Dwinsgames
03-07-2014, 05:59 PM
tex and dwins, how would you guys rank CJ Mosely, Ryan Shazier, and Chris Borland? And any of your 2 cents about them

you have them listed as I have them ranked ( of the 3 )

Mosely cream of the crop of the 3 but Shazier is one hell of a football player and will do very well at the next level .... Borland I am not nearly as high on but he could still be a solid player ( and I do like him a lot ) , just not the guy you build around .... Borland is more of a piece to the puzzle where Mosely and Shazier are more centerpieces for me...

maybe this explains it better than above
Borland more Foote than Timmons , again nothing wrong with that if you are able to secure him at the right price ...

I still realy really like Skov as an insider linebacker

Texasteel
03-07-2014, 06:23 PM

Pretty much agree with Dwins.

Mosely is my favorite player in this years draft. He just does most everything very well. If there is one failing, IMO, it's that he needs to keep his feet under him when he make a tackle. On occasion he will seem to throw himself at the ball carrier. Likely will be gone before we pick.

Shazier, I agree, is a hell of a player, But I think he needs to become stronger. Does great in pass coverage, and pass rush, but I have seen him get gobbled up by bigger players on rushing plays. Shazier is likely a late 1st, early 2nd rounder.

I love watching Borland play, but not sure I want him. Under 6', with short arms. and not very quick. How ever, he is extremely smart and knows how to play the position. Great kid that will make it on his brains. I don't think he should go till the late 3rd, but have seen him mocked in the late 2nd

Shoes
03-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Fox sports has the Steelers taking Aaron Donald at 15. That's the first time I've seen anyone pick him as Pitts 1st rounder.

Mayocks top 5 CB's

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/3/7/5482132/2014-nfl-draft-mike-mayocks-top-5-cornerbacks-darqueze-dennard

LLT
03-08-2014, 10:49 PM
you have them listed as I have them ranked ( of the 3 )

Mosely cream of the crop of the 3 but Shazier is one hell of a football player and will do very well at the next level .... Borland I am not nearly as high on but he could still be a solid player ( and I do like him a lot ) , just not the guy you build around .... Borland is more of a piece to the puzzle where Mosely and Shazier are more centerpieces for me...

maybe this explains it better than above
Borland more Foote than Timmons , again nothing wrong with that if you are able to secure him at the right price ...

I still realy really like Skov as an insider linebacker

I would be very happy with Mosely at 15... but still hold out hold out hope that we can sign someone like Perry Riley.

Texasteel
03-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Both Ryan Shazier, and Jimmy Ward had a great Pro Day. I think I read Shazier ran a 4.4 / 40. Also read something about the possibility of Ward moving to FS in the Pros.

Steeltreal
03-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Looks like LB can be taken with either of our first two picks,
Im hoping for
1)Evans, 2)Attaochu or
1)Mosley, 2)Fuller

Aussie_steeler
03-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Kyle Fuller will go in the first round unfortunately.

He is looking like a 25 - 32 range pick.

I am starting to warm to the idea of Aaron Donald at 15, if he falls. He is a football player with rare athletic skills as the bonus. It wont happen but I can see merit.

Draft him and get him to drop 10 to 15 pounds and he may well be the next Levon Kirkland at ILB or even an OLB

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/inside-pitt-aaron-donald-performs-204133670.html

Height: 6'1 Weight: 285"
40 time: 4.68
225 bench: 35
Vertical: 32"
Broad Jump: 9'08"
3 cone: 7.11

The better comparison for me is a young John Randle ( Vikings legend). Top 10 pick now IMO.

Aussie_steeler
03-12-2014, 04:15 AM
With the Mike Mitchell signing my round 1 targets sit at:

1. Mike Evans WR
2. Justin Gilbert CB
3. Darqueze Dennard CB
4. Eric Ebron TE

Trade down
1. Rashede Hageman DT
2. Kyle Fuller CB
3. Kelvin Benjamin WR

Walk out of this draft with:

1. Starting CB for 2015
2. Starting DE for 2016
3. Tall WR / TE who contributes 2014
4. Depth CB
5. Depth OLB
6. Depth ILB
7. Depth RB

steelerdude15
03-13-2014, 09:58 AM
We definitely have lost depth this year because of free agency. I would imagine the Steelers will draft offensive linemen, defensive linemen, and at least one running back and wide receiver in the draft.

Dwinsgames
03-13-2014, 10:30 AM
hate to do it so soon after last mock but its clear adjustments need be made with Hood and Woods signing elsewhere we are paper thin at DE

Psycho Ward 86
03-13-2014, 10:46 AM
lions signed golden tate to a hefty contract, i imagine they are out of commission for taking mike evans. leaves the bills and rams as the only likely teams in the top 14 picks before us to take mike evans. fingers crossed

salamander
03-13-2014, 11:02 AM
We definitely need to have a good draft this year because of the free agent losses. Make it happen, Steelers!

Shoes
03-13-2014, 11:21 AM
hate to do it so soon after last mock but its clear adjustments need be made with Hood and Woods signing elsewhere we are paper thin at DE

Looking forward to your next mock Dwins

Dwinsgames
03-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Looking forward to your next mock Dwins

its posted in thread under this one LOL

Dwinsgames
03-13-2014, 04:53 PM
Neal Coolong ‏@NealCoolong (https://twitter.com/NealCoolong) 37s (https://twitter.com/NealCoolong/status/444229505419190272) Kevin Colbert and multiple #Steelers (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Steelers&src=hash) coaches seen talking to Justin Gilbert at OKSU pro day http://sbn.to/1oRcsvD (http://t.co/sn7M8linkf)

Shoes
03-15-2014, 11:57 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/03/14/114826/

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/3/11/5486626/2014-nfl-draft-prospect-troy-niklas-te-notre-dame-scouting-report-new-york-giants

I was reading where CJ will possibility go in the 3rd but the cheats may grab him in the 2nd.

—The Pittsburgh Steelers were all over the Michigan State pro day, and you can easily connect the dots there to cornerback Darqueze Dennard. Both head coach Mike Tomlin (http://bleacherreport.com/mike-tomlin) and general manager Kevin Colbert attended. With the No. 15 overall pick in the draft, the Steelers are in range to land the aggressive cornerback.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1991459-2014-nfl-draft-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-for-first-week-of-free-agency

Shoes
03-18-2014, 08:03 AM
Benjamin is a "slightly" better receiver prospect than Texas A&M's Mike Evans.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9321/kelvin-benjamin

Steelman
03-18-2014, 09:25 AM
I think we'll be able to pick up a great WR prospect in the mid 2nd round, just maybe not that big body type like Mike Evans or Benjamin.

WR is a huge need though, we can't wait too long on draft day to grab one or two. Might consider double dipping, ala Sanders/Brown. But we have so many depth needs I don't know if we could do that.

st33lersguy
03-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Benjamin is a "slightly" better receiver prospect than Texas A&M's Mike Evans.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9321/kelvin-benjamin

Benjamin drops easy passes and is a reach at pick 15.

Dwinsgames
03-18-2014, 12:26 PM
CB Purifoy 4.65-40 CB Roberson 4.72-40 not going to bode well #Florida (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Florida&src=hash) Pro day http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2014/3/18/5521726/florida-pro-day-2014-nfl-draft-solomon-patton-jaylen-watkins … (http://t.co/WkaOPrRCkB)

Additionally, and as a note on the entire scouting process, I overheard a conversation between a scout and defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin, one that probably explains some of the atmosphere on a day like this. Durkin asked what the scout thought of the defensive backs (his group to grade). The scout answered: "Watkins is my man. I like him a lot. I really think he did well. I'll have to come back and see him again."
But when asked of Purifoy and Roberson, he had this to say:

"I don't understand. Stay in school; get bigger, get better. These kids don't realize what it's like out there. They sit here and read these mock drafts and articles with their names high up and it's bullshit. They're lying to these kids. I see their (Roberson and Purifoy's) names in the second round and that's a lie.
We have to learn how to communicate with these kids, man. It's a shame some of the advice they're getting. They don't have to leave right away. The best way to be successful is to be as good as you can be before coming out. I'm serious."
Obviously, that doesn't sound great for either Purifoy or Roberson. But that's also just one scout; there are many others who could express completely different views.
And that's the beauty of the NFL Draft: It only takes one team to believe in you.

- - - Updated - - -

Benjamin drops easy passes and is a reach at pick 15.

I would not even consider Benjamin at 15 and would rather have Moncrief at any pick point

Texasteel
03-18-2014, 02:14 PM
CB Purifoy 4.65-40 CB Roberson 4.72-40 not going to bode well #Florida (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Florida&src=hash) Pro day http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2014/3/18/5521726/florida-pro-day-2014-nfl-draft-solomon-patton-jaylen-watkins … (http://t.co/WkaOPrRCkB)

I would not even consider Benjamin at 15 and would rather have Moncrief at any pick point

Benjamin scares me. I'm not sure I want him in the 2nd round. He looks to me to have a real considerations problem, and doesn't catch well with his hands. I thought he let the ball get into his body way to often, and this can cause all sorts of problems at the next level. Every " DRAFT EXPERT" I have read started their break down with, he has a great NFL body. Well I knew a lot of girls in high school that had great bodies, but you got them in the back seat of a car, they had no idea what to do. Benjamin may get into the NFL and set the place on fire, but to me he has bust written all over him. I agree Dwins, Moncrief look like a much better WR prospect to me, and I would take him in the 2nd round, providing we can find a DE before we get there. I hope the NFL scouts ignore him as much as the expert have.

Dwinsgames
03-19-2014, 10:27 AM
found this mock posted today that agrees with my logic , best CB on the board at 15 and well go look http://thedraftreport.com/mock-draft/

Dwinsgames
03-20-2014, 03:48 PM
damn this team is in a tight spot ....

not sure this can be mock out of without trading down and getting more picks ...

will see what I can come up with here this afternoon

LLT
03-20-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm still worried that Gilbert and Dennard will be gone.

Unless we trade down...We might want to start looking real close at players like Mosely

Dwinsgames
03-20-2014, 05:36 PM
I'm still worried that Gilbert and Dennard will be gone.

Unless we trade down...We might want to start looking real close at players like Mosely

Have a new article ( will be far better formatted ) explaining everything I would try and accomplish with this draft ...

I am literally 5 min from finishing it but need to get it edited before posting link ..

Aussie_steeler
03-21-2014, 06:46 AM
My gut is starting to tell me that they have already locked in on Benjamin.

Much like the Jarvis Jones pick last year, I think they will stick to their own grades / value and shock the draft world by overvaluing a player in contrast to the rest of the league.

But I think to most of us, it wont be that shocking (possibly disappointing)

I am still trying to decide where my heads sits with Ebron vs Benjamin at 1-15 ( that's how I currently see it)

Shoes
03-21-2014, 08:02 AM
Ebron seems to have the ability to play both WR and TE. I think Tomlin and Company spent a good bit of time with Ebron.

Psycho Ward 86
03-21-2014, 10:48 AM
among the likely available/shaky chance of being available players, i want eric ebron, justin gilbert, darqueze dennard, mike evans, or CJ mosely. There is NO WAY none of those guys are available

st33lersguy
03-21-2014, 10:56 AM
My gut is starting to tell me that they have already locked in on Benjamin.

God I hope not.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the team needs to trade down and accumulate picks, either engineer a deal with San Fran and get at least one (if not both of their picks) or like Dwins said in his article trade down multiple times and stockpile picks

Shoes
03-21-2014, 10:39 PM
Baylor RB Lache Seastrunk said he is scheduled to meet with the Pittsburgh Steelers before the 2014 NFL Draft. - See more at: http://kffl.com/team/30/nfl/gnews.php?id=897468-steelers---will-meet-with-lache-seastrunk#sthash.NFinwA1O.dpuf

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/lache-seastrunk-vs-west-virginia-2013/

SteelerFanInStl
03-22-2014, 10:03 AM
God I hope not.

You and I both. I really like his size but I don't like his hands.

Shoes
03-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Dwins, Tex, LLT, Aussie what are your thoughts on Seastrunk? What round?

Dwinsgames
03-22-2014, 12:41 PM

another guy best suited for ZBS , has some burst quicker than fast 4.5 range I think in pads ( forget track times ) , runs low and good balance , hands are a question mark as he was not utilized in the passing game only 8-10 catches entire career all coming in 2012 I believe ..struggled against top D's and exposed weak ones ( Willie Parker like in that regard ) can be hesitant at times looking to hit the " home run " dancing around and also does not always posses great vision yet at other times has very good vision ( does that make sense at all ? baffles me too ) just 2 years of wear and tear so has plenty of tread on the tires ...

as for round its tough these day with RBs as they have been devalued quite a bit the last several years but I suspect he will probably go rd 3-4 but I am not that high on him because I want a guy who makes quicker decisions and lowers his shoulder and hits the hole if he breaks through then looks for the homerun but get me yards first not play around behind the LOS waiting , our line is not that good if you wait for a gaping hole to open more than likely your gonna just lose yards time and time again

Texasteel
03-22-2014, 01:28 PM

Loves to run east and west. Would have to brake him of that. He looks to be better running outside than inside, probably why he likes to go east and west. 4.5 time and will get to his top speed quickly. Can't truly judge his hand cause Baylor never threw the ball in his direction, then again maybe that says something about his hands right there. I think his biggest problem is lousy vision. Looked to me like he consistently missed an open lane, or totally miss read his blockers. I think he has a lot of bad habits to brake. OH,,, and is coming of a groin injury. Could be more of a project than someone we could use right now. He does have talent, and I think will be gone in the 4th maybe 5th round. White or West, IMO would be a safer pick and could produce more quickly.

Aussie_steeler
03-22-2014, 06:41 PM
He is just a running back IMO

Will go higher than we can afford to pay for a limited back.

Get an experienced RB cheap via free agency and let some UDFA's duke it out for the #3,4 & 5 spots

Haley will want his scat back if they draft a RB. I have always liked James White and I am sticking with that kind of back

Dwinsgames
03-23-2014, 09:26 PM
I just scored an interview with ASU S Alden Darby should have it completed in the next day or two , another kid who will be great value for some lucky team out of this draft

Shoes
03-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Mike Mayock: Tight end Eric Ebron is a 'top-10 talent'

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-path-to-the-draft/0ap2000000337001/Mayock-Ebron-is-a-top-10-talent

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-path-to-the-draft/0ap2000000337006/Ebron-I-bring-execution

Shoes
03-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Fiedorowicz was worked out by Bengals tight ends coach Jonathan Hayes.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/03/24/c-j-fiedorowicz-of-iowa-worked-out-by-bengals-assistant/

Dwinsgames
03-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Fiedorowicz was worked out by Bengals tight ends coach Jonathan Hayes.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/03/24/c-j-fiedorowicz-of-iowa-worked-out-by-bengals-assistant/

Hayes is a dam traitor !!

Shoes
03-25-2014, 09:12 PM
Hayes is a dam traitor !!

:chuckle:

Dwinsgames
03-25-2014, 09:22 PM
actually not sure what the Bengals are thinking , they have a pair of TEs now that are pretty good ...

Shoes
03-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Steelers Draft Stock Watch:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2005904-steelers-draft-stock-watch-8-players-rising-and-falling-down-pittsburghs-draft

Shoes
03-29-2014, 10:36 AM
If the Steelers pick at 15, not moving up or down, who do you take if Evans, Watkins, Ebron, Gilbert and Dennard are gone? I've noticed more and more Mocks have these players gone at 15. Then again all it takes is some movement up or down with a few teams and all the mocks are circling the drain.

Dwinsgames
03-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Texans are actively shopping the #1 over all pick , if they are successful all the mocks are screwed before they get started ...

Texans IMO are the most ready to win now team of any team in memory that held the top pick , not sure a QB is going to make or break them from this group , I believe you get as good a chance in round 2 or 3 at a guy who can win with that team ....

remember they where decimated by injury last year and fired their coach for poor performance ( dumb move IMO )

I am just not " in love" with any of these 1st round QBs more questions than answers for me ....

The team who drafts McCarron to start will be the first team that wins SB IMO ** provided it is not Cleveland ** ( bold I know ) but he is a winner who understands his limitations and does not make the big mistake ) you do not have to have a superstar QB to win the SB , but you need a solid play maker that does not try and do more than capable and lets his play makers make plays ... he does that

SteelerFanInStl
03-29-2014, 11:42 AM
If the Steelers pick at 15, not moving up or down, who do you take if Evans, Watkins, Ebron, Gilbert and Dennard are gone? I've noticed more and more Mocks have these players gone at 15. Then again all it takes is some movement up or down with a few teams and all the mocks are circling the drain.

I would take Mosley in that scenario. I really think that one of those guys is going to be available though.

st33lersguy
03-29-2014, 11:50 AM
I would take Mosley in that scenario. I really think that one of those guys is going to be available though.

Yeah, if all those guys are gone, Mosley will be available. Mosley is the best in terms of need/value. Really hoping Dennard is available

Psycho Ward 86
03-29-2014, 11:51 AM

ill take mosely as well. that would cement the starting LB corp for a LONG time. no way are all of those players gone when we pick though. manziel, bridgewater, mack, watkins, barr, robinson, clowney, and matthews are pretty much locks to go in the top 14. bortles, and gilbert and either ebron or evans are pretty much assuredly gone as well. but no way are none of those 5 you named completely gone. if they were all gone, that would have to mean some big name(s) had dropped drastically

Mojouw
03-29-2014, 02:10 PM
I think both the top CB's might still be on the board. Seems like every year CB's, LB's, and RB's get mock drafted high. Then the actual draft rolls around and almost every year QB's LT's, pass-rushers, and big tall fast WR's go in the top 12 picks or so. Leaving interior o-linemen, TE's, and DB's still on the board.

Also for what it is worth, the reports that both Moncrief and Benjamin are body catchers concerns me. Maybe DB is a "safer" 1st round option?

Psycho Ward 86
03-29-2014, 02:31 PM
Also for what it is worth, the reports that both Moncrief and Benjamin are body catchers concerns me. Maybe DB is a "safer" 1st round option?

jordan matthews. find me a weakness on this kid. you cant.

Texasteel
03-29-2014, 03:24 PM

I agree, Benjamin is a big time body catcher, and as I have said before, that scares me. How ever I can not agree that Moncrief has this trait. From what I have seen Moncrief has very good hands and uses them well. I would not pick Moncrief in the first round anyway. The only WR I think I would take at 15, that has any chance of being there, would be Evens.

Steeltreal
03-29-2014, 03:35 PM
throw us a mock Tex

Dwinsgames
03-29-2014, 03:42 PM
I agree, Benjamin is a big time body catcher, and as I have said before, that scares me. How ever I can not agree that Moncrief has this trait. From what I have seen Moncrief has very good hands and uses them well. I would not pick Moncrief in the first round anyway. The only WR I think I would take at 15, that has any chance of being there, would be Evens.

mostly agree , Moncrief is a late 2nd to mid 3rd round pick that I would reach for with our second round selection if need be ....

I would not take a WR in the first round because Watkins will be long gone and the only one IMO worthy of such draft status ( for me )

not saying their is not 1st round talent at WR beyond Watkins but for me the drop off between what is left if not significant enough different than what can be had in the 2nd ...

I want as much difference making ability as possible per pick or I want value to be associated with it in terms of additional selections .....

right now I prefer to take Kyle Fuller at 19 over taking Dennard or Gilbert at 15 ( sounds strange I know ) ....

here is what I see while Gilbert and Dennard are slightly better than Fuller neither are better than Fuller and Josh Mauro and for me that makes a larger difference of the landscape of the team and over all team play ...

leaving me with a 2nd to fill WR and a 3rd round comp to fill TE or something else ....

Texasteel
03-29-2014, 03:44 PM
throw us a mock Tex

I've been waiting for this last signing. Plus I've been going back and forth on if Dennard will be there at 15. I'll put it together in the next couple of days.

Psycho Ward 86
03-29-2014, 04:00 PM
mostly agree , Moncrief is a late 2nd to mid 3rd round pick that I would reach for with our second round selection if need be ....

I would not take a WR in the first round because Watkins will be long gone and the only one IMO worthy of such draft status ( for me )

not saying their is not 1st round talent at WR beyond Watkins but for me the drop off between what is left if not significant enough different than what can be had in the 2nd ...

I want as much difference making ability as possible per pick or I want value to be associated with it in terms of additional selections .....

right now I prefer to take Kyle Fuller at 19 over taking Dennard or Gilbert at 15 ( sounds strange I know ) ....

here is what I see while Gilbert and Dennard are slightly better than Fuller neither are better than Fuller and Josh Mauro and for me that makes a larger difference of the landscape of the team and over all team play ...

leaving me with a 2nd to fill WR and a 3rd round comp to fill TE or something else ....

wow not even mike evans? im curious to see how you and tex rank your top 10 WR's. Mine is

1) Sammy Watkins
2) Mike Evans
3) Jordan Matthews
4) Marqise Lee
5) Allen Robinson
6) Brandin Cooks
7) Donte Moncrief
8) Odell Beckham
9) Jarvis Landry
10) Davante Adams

although with our need for a tall receiver, i would take moncrief over a guy like brandin cooks for example

Dwinsgames
03-29-2014, 04:11 PM
wow not even mike evans? im curious to see how you and tex rank your top 10 WR's. Mine is

1) Sammy Watkins
2) Mike Evans
3) Jordan Matthews
4) Marqise Lee
5) Allen Robinson
6) Brandin Cooks
7) Donte Moncrief
8) Odell Beckham
9) Jarvis Landry
10) Davante Adams

although with our need for a tall receiver, i would take moncrief over a guy like brandin cooks for example

I will get ya a list ... one thing about Cooks that I do not like is he has issues making catches with his arms in the air ( shoulder high or above ) not saying he can't make them or does not make them but he drops a lot of those kind of balls

GBMelBlount
03-29-2014, 04:28 PM
I like the idea of a wide receiver and tight end in the first three rounds.

However I think defense is a bigger need right now.

I like the idea of a cornerback in the first and a defensive linemen in the 2nd or 3rd (if the value is there).