PDA

View Full Version : So... Go Chiefs?

Mistah Q
12-29-2013, 03:36 PM
I left this board behind several weeks ago - and went back to the dying place that I call "home".

But I thought I'd pop back over one more time to say congrats to those of you who held onto the belief that the Steelers had a shot for this season to be worthwhile. If the Chiefs weren't resting practically all of their starters, I might even be optimistic about it (and who knows, it could still happen). It's funny to me that we've seemingly plucked O-linemen off the street and it's been an improvement over who we started the season with... and guys like Worilds and Heyward finally coming alive too thanks to injuries necessitating lineup shifts! It says to me that we have some serious introspection to do in regards to talent evaluation.

But for today, Chiefs win or Chiefs loss, let's enjoy it for what it is. Those of you who were fans of drafting Knile Davis... he might get the Steelers to the playoffs after all ;) I bet it has to be ironic for Haley, however.

Cheers all, and peace out.

zulater
12-29-2013, 04:15 PM
The Chefs resting" 19-22 starters. :frusty: Yeah I know that's their right, I know the Steelers don't deserve any better being an 8-8 team. But c'mon man! You've played like shit for a month Chiefs. Try to prove yourself against a playoff caliber team. Take some momentum into the playoffs. Hell you're destined to be one and done most likey anyway. Good chance you'll be back on the outside looking in next year. So enjoy your relevance while it's there. They should have played this one to win. I know other teams have played hard in similar circumstance and haven't lived to regret it. ( think Giants 07 against the Patriots in the season finale)

So if the Chiefs lose this I hope they get boat-raced by the Colts next week. :upyours:

Randy06
12-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Game is driving me nuts so far. I will just stick to watching the Pack and Bears.

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2013, 04:24 PM
dusted off my chase daniels jersey just for this occasion

ALLD
12-29-2013, 04:30 PM
If the Chiefs lose I am going to pull all the needles out of my Moonball Joe voodoo doll and put them in a KC helmet.

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2013, 04:36 PM
21-14 chiefs!

zulater
12-29-2013, 04:43 PM
If the Chiefs lose I am going to pull all the needles out of my Moonball Joe voodoo doll and put them in a KC helmet.

"Moonball Joe" :sofunny: I take it you're referring to Flucco?

- - - Updated - - -

Chargers being booed off the field! :lol:

Mistah Q
12-29-2013, 04:49 PM
Stranger things have happened. I seem to remember a 14-1 Steelers team that played its third stringers in a game that didn't matter versus a resurgent Bills team that was fighting for the last playoff spot...

And the Steelers creamed 'em.

ALLD
12-29-2013, 06:37 PM
I referenced that very game when Chin was HC. It can happen, but everybody was making the Chargers out to be up and coming. If the Chiefs win you need to respect that.

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2013, 06:42 PM
well, Ryan Fuckup couldnt pull it off. this is our doing though. good finish fellas, sucks we couldnt have made it to the playoffs.

ALLD
12-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Chiefs sucks.

steelerdiva
12-29-2013, 06:43 PM
*Sigh*

NCSteeler
12-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Well we couldn't count on our own kicker when we needed him, no sense in expecting someone else's kicker to get us in

Iron Steeler
12-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Omg

- - - Updated - - -

I can't be too upset we put ourselves in this situation

Dwinsgames
12-29-2013, 06:54 PM
time to worry about the draft

touchdownward
12-29-2013, 06:59 PM
:frusty: What really sucks is I saw the wrong score and thought KC won and for about an hour thought we were in. Talk about having the winning lottery ticket blow out of your hands and fall in a bottomless pit for ya!

86WARD
12-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Meh...they did it to themselves and really should've been no where near playoff contention...

Dwinsgames
12-29-2013, 07:06 PM
:frusty: What really sucks is I saw the wrong score and thought KC won and for about an hour thought we were in. Talk about having the winning lottery ticket blow out of your hands and fall in a bottomless pit for ya!

game has only been over 15 min

touchdownward
12-29-2013, 07:14 PM
game has only been over 15 minSaw the score at the bottom of screen on the ticker apparently during regulation and thought it was over.......so for me it was an hour.

Dwinsgames
12-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Saw the score at the bottom of screen on the ticker apparently during regulation and thought it was over.......so for me it was an hour.

ahh so a double blunder .... I watched the damn thing unfold and feel like shit , Chiefs got screwed and in the process so did the Steelers

touchdownward
12-29-2013, 07:33 PM
ahh so a double blunder .... I watched the damn thing unfold and feel like shit , Chiefs got screwed and in the process so did the SteelersWell I quit drinking many years ago, so I don't have that to blame. I've had my share of weed today though. :smoker:

Glad to have you around here this season D. Look forward to conversing with you during the draft and next season when we win the Super Bowl. :yup:

Dwinsgames
12-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Well I quit drinking many years ago, so I don't have that to blame. I've had my share of weed today though. :smoker:

Glad to have you around here this season D. Look forward to conversing with you during the draft and next season when we win the Super Bowl. :yup:

thanks man , draft talk has been going on ...drop into that section of the forum :)

touchdownward
12-29-2013, 08:00 PM
thanks man , draft talk has been going on ...drop into that section of the forum :) I will now that our season is over. We got my pick last season in Jarvis Jones, of course, I'm a huge Georgia fan. With that said, Georgia's QB, Aaron Murray is one tough son of a bitch and could be a suitable replacement for Ben down the road. Richt coaches a pro style offense down here. Murray did suffer a knee injury at the end of the season, so he will probably fall into the late rounds. I'd have projected him a third rounder before then.

86WARD
12-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Chargers were evidently lined up illegally on the FG miss as well...