PDA

View Full Version : Which Cleveland Browns player would you want on the Steelers roster?

Psycho Ward 86
12-27-2013, 10:58 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/12/27/5247318/which-cleveland-browns-player-would-you-want-on-the-steelers-roster?utm_source=behindthesteelcurtain&utm_medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=blogs

I laughed when I thought over this question initially.

The Browns have a rebuilding roster with a lot of talented players. And they have Josh Gordon.

I'm not sure why I'd want any other player; yes, including left tackle Joe Thomas.

In our 5 Questions segment before the Steelers took on the Browns in Cleveland, I made mention with Chris Pokorny of Gordon's ability and the trade rumors that encircled him around deadline time. Chris was likely being modest when he entertained there being a second round price tag on his head (although he said his price would start with a first and second round pick).

I responded:

If I’m the GM of the (insert team name here), and I heard Josh Gordon is available for a second round pick, I’m calling Lombardi on my cell phone, my landline and Skype while trying to reach him via five different IM applications and sending an intern to Cleveland with a handwritten note that says "DEAL!"

Chidi29
12-27-2013, 11:18 PM
A ton of them, actually. There's real talent on that team. Just lacking at two key skill positions, QB/RB. Too bad Hoyer got hurt. Would have liked to see what he could do for the majority of the season.

But I'd take Thomas, Gordon, probably Greco at guard, Cameron (give us a real athletic TE) on offense. D'Qwell Jackson at ILB, Rubin/Taylor (give me either, or both, big strong guys that can move, especially Rubin). Haden at CB, Ward at safety is a big hitter.

There is a ton of talent in Cleveland.

fansince'76
12-27-2013, 11:19 PM

There should be, considering they pick in the top 5 practically every year. :chuckle:

Chidi29
12-27-2013, 11:20 PM
There should be, considering they pick in the top 5 practically every year. :chuckle:

Haha! It's still really surprising to me the team is what, 4-11? But that happens when Jason Campbell/Brandon Weeden have the majority of your starts at QB and McGahee/Edwin Baker at RB...

Chidi29
12-27-2013, 11:30 PM
I mean honestly, what better situation could Cleveland be in? They have two excellent coordinators in Norv and Horton, loads of talent to fit that aggressive defense, and two serious wepaons at receiver/tight end. Just no one that can get them the ball.

And maybe Chud isn't a good HC? I dunno, know it's his first year so can't make conclusions. But maybe he can't manage the staff/roster well enough? Have to be organized, create your plan, and make sure everyone is clear with it.

Have to think there are some internal issues in that regard. QB situation is ugly but the team should be near .500. Not in the basement again.

Seven
12-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Obviously, Haden and Gordon are the two guys that stand out the most. Their defensive line is pretty good. Hoyer is a very solid quarterback who we never should have let slip away, I said that over and over again from the second we signed him on. Can't believe he spent so much time on the street last year. Browns have been making good personnel moves the past couple of years. The Richardson trade was a godsend. If they address quarterback either through the draft or if Hoyer comes back at full strength, they could win the North next year for sure.

Delraich
12-28-2013, 10:32 AM
And maybe Chud isn't a good HC?

Vince Lombardi couldn't overcome that cities curse.

SteelerFanInStl
12-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Obviously, Haden and Gordon are the two guys that stand out the most. Their defensive line is pretty good. Hoyer is a very solid quarterback who we never should have let slip away, I said that over and over again from the second we signed him on. Can't believe he spent so much time on the street last year. Browns have been making good personnel moves the past couple of years. The Richardson trade was a godsend. If they address quarterback either through the draft or if Hoyer comes back at full strength, they could win the North next year for sure.

You're forgetting Joe Thomas. One of the best tackles in the NFL.

Dwinsgames
12-28-2013, 01:50 PM
You're forgetting Joe Thomas. One of the best tackles in the NFL.

and THAT man would be my first target if I was able to pilfer one of their players away

MULLDOG24
12-28-2013, 09:46 PM
Joe Thomas,Josh Gordon,and Cameron land those guys and we would be in the "click" Championship!!! LOL

Devilsdancefloor
12-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Ward and thomas and order hazmat team to clean them off

zulater
12-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Hayden would be my choice if I could just take one. And since no one's brought him up D'Qwell Jackson wouldn't be a bad addition to our roster either.

Count Steeler
12-29-2013, 03:37 AM
A ton of them, actually. There's real talent on that team. Just lacking at two key skill positions, QB/RB. Too bad Hoyer got hurt. Would have liked to see what he could do for the majority of the season.

But I'd take Thomas, Gordon, probably Greco at guard, Cameron (give us a real athletic TE) on offense. D'Qwell Jackson at ILB, Rubin/Taylor (give me either, or both, big strong guys that can move, especially Rubin). Haden at CB, Ward at safety is a big hitter.

Hayden would be my choice if I could just take one. And since no one's brought him up D'Qwell Jackson wouldn't be a bad addition to our roster either.

Actually Chidi did bring him up.

Chidi29
12-29-2013, 08:44 PM
I mean honestly, what better situation could Cleveland be in? They have two excellent coordinators in Norv and Horton, loads of talent to fit that aggressive defense, and two serious wepaons at receiver/tight end. Just no one that can get them the ball.

And maybe Chud isn't a good HC? I dunno, know it's his first year so can't make conclusions. But maybe he can't manage the staff/roster well enough? Have to be organized, create your plan, and make sure everyone is clear with it.

Have to think there are some internal issues in that regard. QB situation is ugly but the team should be near .500. Not in the basement again.

Welp, guess the Browns didn't think he was.

steelerdude15
12-29-2013, 08:56 PM
Without a doubt, Joe Thomas.

ALLD
12-30-2013, 02:08 PM
WR, T, CB, and C.