PDA

View Full Version : Jason Worilds open to contract from Steelers

Psycho Ward 86
12-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Read more: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/12/24/5241958/jason-worilds-contract-free-agency-nfl-2014

PITTSBURGH -- It's been quite a ride for Jason Worilds, since the Pittsburgh Steelers heeded Coach Mike Tomlin's advice and selected the former Virginia Tech rush end in the second round during the 2010 NFL Draft.

Worilds was relatively underwhelming for various reasons going into this season, mostly because there were talented players ahead of him at outside linebacker and he underperformed when he wasn't injured and got a chance to play.

That's what makes this season so amazing for Worilds. He leads the Steelers with eight sacks, along with 43 solo tackles and two forced fumbles. He only had 10 total sacks in the previous three seasons and one forced fumble. So, is this a statement season for Worilds as his rookie contract is about to expire?

Seven
12-25-2013, 08:47 PM
I've liked Worilds since his days at VT. Always thought he would play well if really given the chance. I was a little worried when Jones got the start at ROLB in the beginning of the season, didn't think we'd ever see Worilds live up to his potential in black & gold at that point. But his opportunity at LOLB has vindicated my faith in him. I know Sean Lee is one hell of an inside linebacker, but I still say we made the right choice selecting Worilds in that spot. I would sign him by any means necessary. I think he's one hell of a player at a critical position.

salamander
12-25-2013, 09:25 PM
I just don't want to see another Woodley-type contract mistake.

Psycho Ward 86
12-25-2013, 10:44 PM
I just don't want to see another Woodley-type contract mistake.

we cant because worilds cant command nearly that kind of money