PDA

View Full Version : Ron Cook: A new Roethlisberger emerges (spoiler...it's a girl!)

stillers4me
12-25-2013, 09:39 AM
On Sunday, Ben Roethlisberger did what he does best as an elite NFL quarterback, throwing for two touchdowns and running for another, leading the Steelers to an unlikely, season-sustaining win against the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.

But on this Thursday night, he is at his North Hills home, doing some nice work as a father, changing a dirty diaper. Wife Ashley is off to the Penguins-Minnesota Wild game, the highlight of a girls night out. Roethlisberger is alone with Ben Jr., who turned 1 Nov. 21. The two are having a blast. Roethlisberger does the diaper thing with the same precision he threw the touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes to win Super Bowl XLIII
"I love being a father," Roethlisberger said. "I love the responsibility. I love the patience it teaches you."

It makes for a wonderful holiday picture, Roethlisberger, such a big man, holding that baby boy in his arms. Soon, there will be another face in the family team photo. The Roethlisbergers are expecting a girl in March.

"I like the path I'm on," Roethlisberger said, "and I like who I'm on it with."............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2013/12/25/A-NEW-ROETHLISBERGER-EMERGES-It-s-amazing-the-good-things-that-happen-to-you-when-you-grow-up-a-little-Ben-Roethlisberger/stories/201312250039#ixzz2oV9TYyIk

steelerdiva
12-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Great article!!

GBMelBlount
12-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Great story!

....and glad to hear he "loves dogs" and "likes" his wife! :chuckle:

salamander
12-25-2013, 10:57 AM
I definitely like this Ben.

stillers4me
12-25-2013, 11:16 AM