PDA

View Full Version : Cody Wallace Receives top grade from PFF

GBMelBlount
12-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Goose prevails.

Cody Wallace / Ike Taylor receive top grades from PFF

Pro Football Focus now has their grades up for the Pittsburgh Steelers following their 38-31 win over the Green Bay Packers....

On offense, Center Cody Wallace leads the way with a 2.5 grade. It was his third straight start and easily his best performance of the three.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/12/steelers-packers-pff-grades-report-card-nfl-week-16/

stillers4me
12-25-2013, 08:17 AM
Goose. :lol:

zulater
12-25-2013, 08:17 AM
Goose prevails.

I'm halfway through my game review and through the first half I only noticed one Cody Wallace misplay. He looks like a keeper, great depth guy to have for the interior line positions.

Edman
12-25-2013, 03:45 PM
That's the second guy who came off the street and looks like an All-Pro.

You have to ask just how valuable is Pouncey?

Psycho Ward 86
12-25-2013, 03:55 PM

and then you have to ask yourself just how shitty sean mahan and justin hartwig were.

gotta at least keep velasco

Seven
12-25-2013, 08:54 PM

I've always sort of felt like Pouncey is overrated. I don't think he's a great pass protector, particularly against strong interior linemen. No doubt he's a very good all around center and one of the best athletes at his position, but I don't think that he's this infallible player that he is portrayed to be.

That said, let's not give Wallace too much credit. I thought he played pretty awful until this past game. At least he puts forth a lot of effort, though. I'd be in favor of bringing him to camp next season.

pepsyman1
12-26-2013, 12:09 AM
I'd be more than satisfied to sign Velasco and let Wallace be the back up center. Pouncey impressed by taking over starting so quickly but has never appeared to be the dominant center we always hoped we had found. Webster or Dawson he's not. Velasco stepped in and looked just as good straight off the street IMO.

ALLD
12-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Pouncey is always hurt.

Dwinsgames
12-26-2013, 03:46 PM
I'd be more than satisfied to sign Velasco and let Wallace be the back up center. Pouncey impressed by taking over starting so quickly but has never appeared to be the dominant center we always hoped we had found. Webster or Dawson he's not. Velasco stepped in and looked just as good straight off the street IMO.

truer words where never spoken

Shoes
12-29-2013, 10:34 PM
They will probably keep Pouncey and Wallace. I think Wallace's pit bull playing style has helped his cause.

GBMelBlount
12-29-2013, 10:48 PM
They will probably keep Pouncey and Wallace. I think Wallace's ball punch playing style has helped his cause.

Fixed it for ya.

Shoes
12-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Fixed it for ya.

You got it right, Bro. Goose! :chuckle:

KeiselPower99
12-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Wallace is what I want in a o linemen a mauler. He stepped it up and the front office stepped it up this year. I was worried about depth all season and the guys we had Beachum Wallace Velasco and Guy Whimper all rose above my expectations. Wallace and Velasco deserve an opportunity in training camp to compete with in my opinion the overrated Pouncey.

katmandu
12-30-2013, 09:18 PM
I'd be more than satisfied to sign Velasco and let Wallace be the back up center. Pouncey impressed by taking over starting so quickly but has never appeared to be the dominant center we always hoped we had found. Webster or Dawson he's not. Velasco stepped in and looked just as good straight off the street IMO.X2.

I lost a lot of respect for Pouncey when he and his brother pulled that STUPID stunt wearing those "Free Hernandez" hats.

Psycho Ward 86
12-30-2013, 09:51 PM
lets not overrate Wallace yet. Good contributions in limited playing time, kind of like Steve Mclendon and Cortez Allen. 2 players who turned out to be this year's biggest disappointments

zulater
01-01-2014, 05:37 AM
lets not overrate Wallace yet. Good contributions in limited playing time, kind of like Steve Mclendon and Cortez Allen. 2 players who turned out to be this year's biggest disappointments

Wallace isn't being looked at as a starter, he's being looked at in the context of depth. And as a depth guy how could you not want him back?

And I haven't got problem one with Cortez Allen penciled in as a starting corner on this team, and neither do the Steelers. McClendon has value, he's just wasn't a top notch nose tackle in a 3-4. Yet. He probably has more value as a DE, and if Ziggy and Keisel both leave as projected then that's probably where he'll do most of his playing next season.

zulater
01-01-2014, 05:43 AM
By the way if I were to list this seasons biggest disappointments neither of those guys even make my list. Let's see there was Isaac Redman, Wheaton, Mike Adams, Ryan Clark, Lamarr Woodley, and Ziggy Hood. Oh yeah and the coaching staff's handling of the punter, the preseason, and the early season roster.

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2014, 11:03 AM
By the way if I were to list this seasons biggest disappointments neither of those guys even make my list. Let's see there was Isaac Redman, Wheaton, Mike Adams, Ryan Clark, Lamarr Woodley, and Ziggy Hood. Oh yeah and the coaching staff's handling of the punter, the preseason, and the early season roster.

Clark is 34. no sane person should be expecting a hardknock at 34 to play well just because he showed that he can the previous year. players that old give out at anytime. woodley and hood have been disappointing for years, whats new? redman has been disappointing for the past 2 seasons in the eyes of many as well. Tez was just horrible against the packers, dolphins, patriots, bears, and vikings. thats a lot of shitty QB's. even when he's been off the injury report (which is the majority of the season) he hasnt been good. the worst part is he couldnt even handle himself once he was a backup again. he was insanely good as a nickel last season, so what the hell happened there? its alarming to see such young players take big leaps backwards at such important positions.

adams, mclendon, and allen are in "prove it" mode for this team. Big Time.

zulater
01-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Clark is 34. no sane person should be expecting a hardknock at 34 to play well just because he showed that he can the previous year. players that old give out at anytime. woodley and hood have been disappointing for years, whats new? redman has been disappointing for the past 2 seasons in the eyes of many as well. Tez was just horrible against the packers, dolphins, patriots, bears, and vikings. thats a lot of shitty QB's. even when he's been off the injury report (which is the majority of the season) he hasnt been good. the worst part is he couldnt even handle himself once he was a backup again. he was insanely good as a nickel last season, so what the hell happened there? its alarming to see such young players take big leaps backwards at such important positions.

adams, mclendon, and allen are in "prove it" mode for this team. Big Time.

That's your opinion of "Tez's" play. It's just not an accurate one.

If you took the time to watch the all 22 on every defensive snap on NFL rewind you'd find that Cortez wasn't nearly as bad as you think. He spent a great deal of those games keeping his assignments under control. Or about as best you can in today's NFL. He didn't take a whole of penalties either. The Bears game he was bad in. The others you cited he was more along the lines of fair to average. Also as the season progressed his play improved. ( though his tackling was inconsistent throughout)The Packers game he wasn't anything close to bad.

Cortez would start on about 30 teams in this league as is. But I do think there's room for improvement and I expect we'll see a big jump in his play next season.

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2014, 01:10 PM
That's your opinion of "Tez's" play. It's just not an accurate one.

saying it wont make it happen. if Chidi does one of his analysis on the games i listed with the coach's film i listed, i guarantee he would agree. otherwise you are free to do so, i dont have access to that.

Loved Cortez.

Last season.

zulater
01-01-2014, 01:24 PM
As far as the rest of my disappointing players, Ryan Clark was in the discussion for team MVP in 2012. Isaac Redman was paid like a starter, and was given the starting position to start the season and absolutely tanked. Woodley wasn't horrible for years, he was horrible through an injury plagued season in 2012. In 2011 he was in the discussion for DPOY prior to popping his hammy against the Pats at midseason. Thinking he might rebound wasn't illogical in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

saying it wont make it happen. if Chidi does one of his analysis on the games i listed with the coach's film i listed, i guarantee he would agree. otherwise you are free to do so, i dont have access to that.

Loved Cortez.

Last season.

Ask him then. Better yet ask any of the Steelers beat reporters if they believe the Steelers were disappointed with the quality of Cortez's late season play. They all have twitter accounts, and they're all pretty good in responding to reasonable questions.