PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown steals the show at Pittsburgh Steelers' OTAs

Aussie_steeler
05-29-2010, 07:56 PM
http://www.mlive.com/chippewas/index.ssf/2010/05/antonio_brown_steals_the_show.html

Former Central Michigan receiver Antonio Brown was only a sixth-round pick by the Pittsburgh Steelers, but he's making a good impression in OTAs, even getting a "shout-out" from backup quarterback Dennis Dixon.

nfldraftbible.com: An unexpected name stole the show during OTA’s in Pittsburgh. Former Central Michigan wide receiver Antonio Brown received quite a bit of attention from the media on hand and by other Pittsburgh Steelers as well, such as quarterback Dennis Dixon, who gave a shout out of props after a long touchdown grab tossed his way by Byron Leftwich. Brown is catching on, “I’m getting better everyday and push myself to the limit everyday,” which is evident by the strides he’s making on the field

Our speedy receivers seem to be liking Lefty's big arm at the moment.

Psycho Ward 86
05-29-2010, 10:00 PM
The guy's on NFL Networked liked this guy and talked about him quite a bit at the combine. He's got some swag and confidence to him.

Looks really Devin Hester like on film, dont count him out!

steel9guy
05-29-2010, 10:16 PM
cool, hopefully this will give us more depth if he makes the team.

Psycho Ward 86
05-29-2010, 10:27 PM
I remember him telling the NFL Network guys to "watch out for him" at the combine, and more recently he says he hasnt "met his match" yet from the DB's.

I like the swag.

BlastFurnace
05-29-2010, 10:41 PM
The Pecking order so far is:

Ward
Wallace
Randel El
Battle
Sanders
Brown

Will be interesting to see if all 6 make it or not. I still think it is a little scary if either Ward or Wallace get hurt.

Craic
05-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Sure is funny how one guy really does make a difference. If Santo was on there, I'd say that is one of the better lineups int he league. Without him, well. It is just a little below average.

BlastFurnace
05-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Sure is funny how one guy really does make a difference. If Santo was on there, I'd say that is one of the better lineups int he league. Without him, well. It is just a little below average.

I agree with you. If Sanders can come through and be a dependable rookie like Wallace was last year, that will be huge. Not sure what Battle brings to the table yet though.

That injured hammy on Ward right now does have me a little worried.

kmsteelerwr15
05-29-2010, 11:03 PM
This is great news. I am really excited to see what him and Sanders can do.

steelpride12
05-29-2010, 11:08 PM
This sure makes losing Santo a much smaller deal because our 6th people strong depth at WR is strong and with the youngster's like Brown sticking out and proving himself we may have a better line up than expected.

Vincent
05-29-2010, 11:41 PM
This sure makes losing Santo a much smaller deal because our 6th people strong depth at WR is strong and with the youngster's like Brown sticking out and proving himself we may have a better line up than expected.

Tone made some great catches and huge plays but he also dropped his share. I think we'll be OK with that Wallace fellow.

steelpride12
05-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Tone made some great catches and huge plays but he also dropped his share. I think we'll be OK with that Wallace fellow.

Of course you can never overlook Holmes and his MVP in the SB and the catches and games he won the Steelers, but what Wallace showed us last season and the young talent we are developing I feel rested assure.

vasteeler
05-29-2010, 11:49 PM
yeah i think we will be just fine at the wide receiver position 2 grizzly old vets and some young blood such as wallace in the mix we should be ok

wootawnee
05-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Time for someone to step up.......

MasterOfPuppets
05-30-2010, 01:10 AM
The Pecking order so far is:

Ward
Wallace
Randel El
Battle
Sanders
Brown

Will be interesting to see if all 6 make it or not. I still think it is a little scary if either Ward or Wallace get hurt.

normally they only carry 5 wr's on the 53 ... i don't know what the hell they were thinking when they gave both el and battle million dollar signing bonus's.. but anyway i hope the bonus money doesn't play a factor in shaping the roster and they keep a lesser, older player with no upside because of it.

Antonio Brown makes good impression at Pittsburgh Steelers camp
By The Saginaw News
May 27, 2010, 3:46PM
Former Central Michigan University receiver Antonio Brown has opened some eyes as a receiver on the second-team offense during the Pittsburgh Steelers camp.

Still, he faces a battle to make the final Pittsburgh roster, especially with third-round pick Emmanuel Sanders also playing well.

espn.com: I spoke with Brown after practice today (he was the last one off the field), and he is a very confident guy. Antonio said he "hasn't met his match yet" among Steelers DBs in practice. He looks to be a real intense player, and one who is determined to make this football team.

Sanders, who figures to have the edge on Brown given his 3rd round draft pick status, made a diving catch over the middle today during 11-on-11. Sanders looks Randle-El quick, while Brown looks more Wallace fast. It could be a real battle between Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown to make the 53-man roster coming up in August.

http://www.mlive.com/chippewas/index.ssf/2010/05/antonio_brown_makes_good_impre.html

Galax Steeler
05-30-2010, 06:05 AM
I don't think they will be nothing wrong with our receiving core this year. It is great to see Brown having some good OTA's but in the end Sanders will be the next Wallace.

solardave
05-30-2010, 07:12 AM
The guy's on NFL Networked liked this guy and talked about him quite a bit at the combine. He's got some swag and confidence to him.

Looks really Devin Hester like on film, dont count him out!

What if he can return kicks like Heste? What a find that would be.

SteelerFanInStl
05-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Good to hear. It'd be good to see both he and Sanders make the team but that may come down to whether or not they can play special teams. If either can return kicks/punts, that may be the end of Logan.

BuddhaBus
05-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Bad news for Limas.:crutch:

Devilsdancefloor
05-30-2010, 08:44 PM
that is great news hopefully by mid season we can all go blunttonio who

Vincent
05-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Of course you can never overlook Holmes and his MVP in the SB and the catches and games he won the Steelers, but what Wallace showed us last season and the young talent we are developing I feel rested assure.

Not to minimize that throw and catch at all, but it was just "meant to be". Recall the previous play that had Mel Blunt uncovered in the other corner of the end zone and Ben hit him right on the hands. Right through. Then Ben throws into, what, triple coverage right at the ragged edge and Mel plucks it right out of the night. Hard to say which was more spectacular - the throw or the catch. But it was meant to be.

vindrow
05-30-2010, 10:55 PM
I love the sound of this, but I for me I will wait until we get to the pre-season games and see how this youngster performs with someone on him, but I remain optimistic that he will be a 6th round gem for us.

Merchant
05-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Kid looked impressive on his highlight and this is just more good news.. Brown and Sanders look like two good prospects for us

LLT
05-31-2010, 03:59 AM
I'm not really worried about our recieving corp. I think that Ward, ARE, & Battle bring the needed experience (though I think Battle's real value is on special teams) and I think that the three younger recievers show incredible promise. Wallace will see more time this year and I think that more playing time for him is well deserved. Sanders and Brown are both underrated picks and I think that we are going to get our moneys worth THIS year...with either both or one of them returning punts and kickoffs!!!

Galax Steeler
05-31-2010, 04:18 AM
I'm not really worried about our recieving corp. I think that Ward, ARE, & Battle bring the needed experience (though I think Battle's real value is on special teams) and I think that the three younger recievers show incredible promise. Wallace will see more time this year and I think that more playing time for him is well deserved. Sanders and Brown are both underrated picks and I think that we are going to get our moneys worth THIS year...with either both or one of them returning punts and kickoffs!!!

I agree with what you are a saying but if Logan does not make the running back squad will that mean he is out of Pittsburgh if Sanders or Brown are able to return kicks and punts well. I just have a feeling there are going to be some surprise cuts this year.

LLT
05-31-2010, 04:52 AM
Logan is on my short list of potential cuts...The Tony Hills experiment may also be over if he doesnt show us something this pre-season.

Boomerang
05-31-2010, 05:17 AM
Good to see some young talent showing what they can do.I,m especially interested to see how Sanders and JD develop.

Burghfan58
05-31-2010, 05:52 AM
Good news for now. But as Tomlin says.... " Everyone looks good with shorts on" Lets see what happens in game situation when someone is about to lower the boom shakalaka on him.

MULLDOG24
05-31-2010, 07:47 AM
I really hope that Brown and Sanders do as well as Wallace in their rookie years. Glad to hear good things about them ass well and hope it carries over to the season.

ALLD
05-31-2010, 07:56 AM
You can almost bank on one of the rookie WRs returning punts. Seems like Logan is barely hanging on since he had no TDs during the regular season and a new batch of talent has arrived. He might find himself somewhere out west playing one more season with a different team.

steelpride12
05-31-2010, 08:33 AM
I guess it will be up to pre season to see what these youngster's can do during an actual game. Im excited because I think we have a few young surprises this season and Brown is for sure one of them!

86WARD
05-31-2010, 08:14 PM
lol ... Isaac Redman Pt. II