PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2014 MVP

zulater
12-16-2013, 03:34 PM
I think the team's official MVP will be announced next week. So here's your chance to beat the Christmas rush. Who's your Steelers team MVP? And no the award isn't vacated in a losing season.

tube517
12-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Sentimental choice :Whimpy.

Real choice : AB despite stepping out of bounds and ruining the entire season vs Miami. All his fault.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

steelreserve
12-16-2013, 03:52 PM
I'd go with Brown. That guy answered the doubters this season. Too bad this was our defense.

http://toohottieforthatbody.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/fell-off-the-wagon.jpg

blackngldblood
12-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Brown. No doubt. He is elite, and restores a bit of faith in the FO since they signed him and not ol' one trick pony. I remember a lot of people being pissed when that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

blackngldblood
12-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Sentimental choice :Whimpy.

Real choice : AB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

My secondary pick would have gone to Velasco. Whimper would have gotten a nice pat on the back and a firm "good job, you were supposed to be the stink and yet you played above that line!"

Steelman
If Velasco hadn't gotten hurt, I think I might've given it to him. But AB is a beast. He's got my vote.

Hindes204
I agree, definitely AB. However, Ben has made a good case for him to get it

zulater
12-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Brown. No doubt. He is elite, and restores a bit of faith in the FO since they signed him and not ol' one trick pony. I remember a lot of people being pissed when that happened.

I doubt. True Antonio has had a great season, but the guy who makes the offense function is Ben.

blackngldblood
12-16-2013, 04:10 PM
I doubt. True Antonio has had a great season, but the guy who makes the offense function is Ben.

Absolutely! And maybe he should get it, but we expect that kind of play from Ben. I don't think anyone, myself included, expected Brown to have this type of a season. He answered the call waaaaaay above that theoretical line, lol! For that, and staying focused through a shit season and getting pulled in an ass whooping of a game and producing big time, he gets my MVP.

Not to take away from Ben. He's been great and stayed focused as well and maybe, just maybe he's taken the reigns as the team leader in the locker room. Can we have co-MVP's?

st33lersguy
12-16-2013, 04:16 PM
I'd say Ben, without him, this team is 2-14

ALLD
12-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Ben is having a great year and he has been the common piece that has helped others excel in their positions on offense. And Tom Brady is a homo.

Dwinsgames
12-16-2013, 04:35 PM
I went with AB but the guy who I would have liked to had a chance to vote for was not listed and that is Valesco , granted not the sexy pick or even a current active player but there is no mistaking what he did for this football team once he got on the field , he was the stabilizing force that allowed AB and Ben and everyone else on O do what they did , prior to that it was just plain ugly

steeldawg
12-16-2013, 04:50 PM
I have to go Ben, His ability to extend plays in the pocket have really benefited our receivers. AB has had an incredible year but I have to give the slight edge to Ben because Brown Sanders and Cotchery have all had good years so too me that says Ben is really doing an incredible job.

KeiselPower99
12-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Damn I wanna pick the Tom Brady option but have to say Ben is the MVP. If anyone else was back there 2 wins tops.

Psycho Ward 86
12-16-2013, 05:59 PM
I gotta give it to Brown. Ben won many games for us. But he lost many of them for us as well, especially at the beginning of the season. Brown is far more worthy of the honor this year than he was 2 seasons ago.

And no, if you ask me, brown did not cost us the miami game because he could have been tackled fairly easily if he wasnt tiptoeing that sideline as much as he did. And when your right tackle and quarterback record receptions in a game, then it is clear that a lot of other shit went wrong in the game.

steelreserve
12-16-2013, 10:45 PM
I couldn't say Ben. He sucked the big Gonzalez for the first several games, did we forget? It's been amazing how he turned it around, but man, when we were 0-4, I was almost wondering if #8 was back behind center.

zulater
12-16-2013, 10:58 PM
I couldn't say Ben. He sucked the big Gonzalez for the first several games, did we forget? It's been amazing how he turned it around, but man, when we were 0-4, I was almost wondering if #8 was back behind center.

The problems with the offense in the first four weeks weren't because of Ben. He didn't have much chance given the state of the o-line and running game. Things improved when, Velasco acclimated, Adams was benched, Beachum was discovered, Redman was discarded, Leveon was introduced to the offense, and finally Heath came back.

You know how most qb's would have got on given the Steelers surrounding talent in those games? Something like this...http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning

Seven
12-16-2013, 11:07 PM
If the award was taken in a literal sense, it's Ben Roethlisberger, without question, and I don't think it would be debatable.

Of course, it isn't taken literally. It's a mix of intangible feelings more than anything.

In any case, I would vote:

1. Brown, 2. Roethlisberger, 3. Beachum.

Brown, self explanatory. THANK GOD we signed him and not Mike Wallace the bum.

Roethlisberger, self explanatory.

Beachum, saved the offense in my opinion. You could say the same for Velasco, but I didn't see the same kind of distress when we lost him as I did when Adams was at left tackle. I think Beachum is not only a decent young player capable of stepping in, I think he's the answer. I have no concerns going into next season with him as our starting left tackle. I would suggest a solid veteran backup would obviously be a good idea, maybe retain Levi Brown, but I have a lot of faith in Beachum at this point.

Devilsdancefloor
12-17-2013, 07:17 AM
AB hands down he does whatever is ask of him

SteelerFanInStl
12-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Hard choice between Ben and Antonio but I have to give it to AB because he's had such a huge year.

Shoes
12-17-2013, 08:02 AM
AB….great worker, player, teammate and a heck of a nice guy!

zulater
12-17-2013, 09:05 AM
It's obviously debatable who the Steelers MVP is between Ben and AB. But the Ravens shouldn't have any trouble coming to a consensus on their team MVP. Any ballot that doesn't have Justin Tucker's name on it should be immediately disqualified.

Count Steeler
12-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Hard choice between Ben and Antonio but I have to give it to AB because he's had such a huge year.

And no decoy to set him up anymore. :chuckle:

zulater
12-17-2013, 09:47 AM
And no decoy to set him up anymore. :chuckle:

Yeah imagine how great a season AB would be having if he had Wallace taking away all the double teams! :heh:

zulater
12-17-2013, 09:54 AM
2 more touchdown catches and Antonio will tie Wallace's career high for TD catches in a season. He's already blown his season high catch total and yardage away with two games still to play.

GoSlash27
12-17-2013, 07:15 PM
I bet all the nay-sayers who had AB marked as "not good enough to be a #1 WR" are feeling a bit silly.

GBMelBlount
12-17-2013, 07:21 PM
Brown

venom
12-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Tom Brady is gay and the Patriots are a given but I'm going with Big Ben !

zulater
12-17-2013, 08:05 PM
I bet all the nay-sayers who had AB marked as "not good enough to be a #1 WR" are feeling a bit silly.

Only those of them that aren't in complete denial about him being that quality. :heh:

tihmtahm
12-20-2013, 08:09 AM
AB is great, but Ben deserves it... There's not another QB in the league that could play behind the traffic cones we call an O line! Manning can't do shit under pressure, and Brady goes down like a cheap whore in the Big Easy when he's under any type of pressure! Ben for sure!

SteelMember
12-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Toss up between Ben And Antonio.

Who means more to this team... Ben
Who has done more this year... Brown

steeldawg
12-21-2013, 05:49 AM
Toss up between Ben And Antonio.

Who means more to this team... Ben
Who has done more this year... Brown

But I think you have to ask the question does brown have a great year if ben doesn't have a great year? That's why I picked Ben personally because it wasn't just brown that had a good year, sanders and cotchery also. Bens ability to extend plays creates a lot of opportunities for our wideouts.

Edman
12-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Antonio Brown no question.

Ben was woeful early in the season and didn't start playing well until we were 2-6.

SteelMember
12-21-2013, 06:10 PM
But I think you have to ask the question does brown have a great year if ben doesn't have a great year? That's why I picked Ben personally because it wasn't just brown that had a good year, sanders and cotchery also. Bens ability to extend plays creates a lot of opportunities fo r our wideouts.

well, I did give Ben some credit, but I think Brown has shown that after the catch threat making some pretty spectacular plays along the way. He's been one of the few bright spots. Plus, Ben's stats benefit. A lot of short/screen passes

GBMelBlount
12-21-2013, 06:24 PM
well, I did give Ben some credit, but I think Brown has shown that after the catch threat making some pretty spectacular plays along the way. He's been one of the few bright spots. Plus, Ben's stats benefit. A lot of short/screen passes

While Ben may be the most valuable player due to quarterback being the most valuable position....I would say that Brown is hands down the most outstanding player.

However, the most unfortunate things is that there are no other players even remotely worthy of mention in this discussion.

steeldawg
12-22-2013, 05:45 AM

I don't think our screen game was really that good at all or our short passing game, if you look at our big statistical games its mostly because ben is doing his thing in the pocket and running no huddle. look at browns stats for the first half of the year he had the one game over 100 yds and 2 tds and for the most part was averaging less than 10 yds per catch. Brown broke out in the second half of the season when more control was given to ben and they started pushing the ball down the field, instead of throwing brown 4 or 5 bubble screens a game.

Galax Steeler
12-22-2013, 08:08 AM
I went with Brown and yes if it wasn't for Ben then he wouldn't have had a great year but Brown after the catch was awesome made alot of people miss on tackles.

GBMelBlount
12-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Tied at 18!

Great thread Zumeister!

jb500ex
12-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Antonio Brown no question.

Ben was woeful early in the season and didn't start playing well until we were 2-6.
Exactly and he leads yet another offense that can't score and he has also shown he can't lead the team to the playoffs unless the defense is top 5 in points allowed. He's not the MVP not even close

Texasteel
12-22-2013, 12:03 PM
I know Ben had a rough time the first part of the season, but personally I think at lest half of his miscues were out of desperation. I also believe that Ben is now calling at lest half of the offensive plays, and making those plays work. Brown is having a great season, but you could say that Brown couldn't be having the season he is without Ben. Then again you might say the same the other way around.

I think you have to think about which one would hurt this team if they were missing. My vote go's to Ben.

Psycho Ward 86
12-22-2013, 07:06 PM
But I think you have to ask the question does brown have a great year if ben doesn't have a great year?

this game only confirms the notion that the answer to this question is 200% yes. ben really fucked him over on significant situations today.