zulater
12-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Antonio Brown gets mine

stillers4me
12-15-2013, 10:44 PM
AB!

Butch
12-15-2013, 10:45 PM
Oline all the injuries and still they held up pretty well.

st33lersguy
12-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Antonio Brown and Ben

Shoes
12-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Antonio Brown, he also has the best end zone wiggle. :chuckle:

tube517
12-15-2013, 10:52 PM
AB, (He shall be) Le'Veon and the O-line.

Devilsdancefloor
12-15-2013, 10:52 PM
AB and Al woods gets some of that love too we have missed that big guy in the middle all year he ate up blocks and let timmons and wiliams make plays

fansince'76
12-15-2013, 11:00 PM
AB, (He shall be) Le'Veon and the O-line.

I'd give it to Bell just on the strength of that stiff arm that would've made Walter Payton proud.

Shoes
12-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Man it's nice to see Ben not being pounded into the ground.

stillers4me
12-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Man it's nice to see Ben not being pounded into the ground.

Two games to go and if he stays upright, he'll go into the offseason in good shape and be super healthy for next year. (for a change)

So grateful he's not going to get all beat up playing those extra games in January. ((sarcasm))

oneforthetoe
12-15-2013, 11:08 PM
Ben and AB, but great point about Al Woods. He played very well.

blackngldblood
12-15-2013, 11:09 PM
AB, Bell, O-line, SPECIAL TEAMS!!!! Well, sort of. They were getting a little thin for a while there on the kickoff returns. Ben.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Shoes
12-15-2013, 11:10 PM
Two games to go and if he stays upright, he'll go into the offseason in good shape and be super healthy for next year. (for a change)

Let's hope!

So grateful he's not going to get all beat up playing those extra games in January. ((sarcasm))

:chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
12-15-2013, 11:23 PM
Brown. Maybe MVP for the season again as well.

Shoes
12-15-2013, 11:46 PM
I've been pretty impressed with our center play as well. Cody Wallace seems to be holding his own…..and someone else's last week. :chuckle:

Spike
12-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Garvin is my newest favorite player

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YqbsiCT2G7w/Uq5iRjKL20I/AAAAAAAAAbU/Ouzd00yHR2s/s400/punter11.gif

blackngldblood
12-16-2013, 01:22 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YqbsiCT2G7w/Uq5iRjKL20I/AAAAAAAAAbU/Ouzd00yHR2s/s400/punter11.gif

Remember when they used to have the "jacked up" segment on MNF?This would win the "jacked up of the year" award

X-Terminator
12-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Too bad he'll be hearing from Emperor Goodell tomorrow.

Psycho Ward 86
12-16-2013, 02:26 AM
Anybody see Huber walking to the sideline with a bloody towel in his mouth for his fractured jaw after that play? Beautiful. A shame it couldnt be a highlight for a successful season

blackngldblood
12-16-2013, 02:32 AM
Anybody see Huber walking to the sideline with a bloody towel in his mouth for his fractured jaw after that play? Beautiful. A shame it couldnt be a highlight for a successful season

Yeah, I saw it and assumes he got a few of his chompers knocked out, turns out it was a broken jaw! That was epically brutally beautiful!

steelreserve
12-16-2013, 03:26 AM
Too bad he'll be hearing from Emperor Goodell tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he will, which is total BS. It was a completely legal hit according to the rules Der Kommissar himself has laid out, but it LOOKED bad because it was the punter. So I'm sure they'll go back and review the tape, and say that even though he was aiming for the chest and trying to hit with his shoulder and arms .. well, you know, the top of his helmet just got him on the underneath of the head, never mind that to avoid that, you'd have to lower your own head risk a neck injury yourself.

I thought it was an interesting change of pace that for once, the announcers looked at that play more than once and said, nope, it looks like it was a clean hit. And then even went back to the Tomlin sideline thing and said it was an accident. Either there was some serious voodoo going on, or the fact that James Harrison is now on the Bengals made all the talking heads take our side this game. I definitely felt out of my element.

Count Steeler
12-16-2013, 04:45 AM
Ben and AB. Too bad our defense mailed it in during the 2 games previous to this one.

Honorable mention to Garvin and the general "meanness" that is emerging from some of these players. It is about time.

steeldawg
12-16-2013, 05:35 AM
Brown and Ben, but I am upset watching my team come out and play with that intensity now after we have been eliminated.

GoSlash27
12-16-2013, 06:07 AM
I have to chop my game ball in half.
1/2 for Terence Garvin. Not just for that effort, but also containment on the opening punt (he set up the tackle for a loss). That set the tone, jumped us out early, and forced them to become one dimensional.
1/2 for that goofy crosswind. They had to pass to get back into the game and couldn't.

venom
12-16-2013, 06:12 AM
Game Ball goes to Antonio Brown and Ike still sucks

fansince'76
12-16-2013, 06:14 AM
I thought it was an interesting change of pace that for once, the announcers looked at that play more than once and said, nope, it looks like it was a clean hit.

Yes, I was extremely surprised that the pencil-neck geek (Collinsworth) in particular wasn't bitching up a storm over it.

My only question is how big of a fine Garvin is going to get hit with for playing football. I'm sure it will be a completely inappropriate amount and completely disproportionate to his salary, whatever it is.http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/images/smilies/coffee.gif

fansince'76
12-16-2013, 06:48 AM
Brown and Ben, but I am upset watching my team come out and play with that intensity now after we have been eliminated.

They're still alive mathematically, even though it's not likely. However, I'd rather see them play like that for the remainder of the string instead of tanking for a higher pick in the draft. It's nice to see something to be hopeful for going into next season.

Steelman
12-16-2013, 09:17 AM
AB - played lights out, as per usual. (For all the bitchin' we do about the FO, can we give 'em some love for locking up this guy over Mike Wallace!)

Ben - I thought he played a fairly masterful game. He was running the O, making adjustments. Not all of them worked, and maybe it was just me, but I felt like he was trying new stuff in terms of audibles and defensive reads. Underthrew Sanders, but other than that he made quick, sharp throws most of the night.

OL - Thank you Cody Wallace. Nobody knows who you are or where you came from, but thank you for stepping up as our THIRD starting center this year. Hats off to the OL.

Al Woods - Could be a beast in the making. He was sure eating OL out there last night.

Garvin - Way to set the tone, that's how introduce yourself on Sunday night football. And not even the hit on Huber, he made some early plays on ST and D that really helped us toward that 24 point lead.

vader29
12-16-2013, 09:58 AM
I give it to the entire offense this week.

Moose
12-16-2013, 10:41 AM
My game ball(s) go to DEFENSE and Garvin. The Defense for throwing the useless bungholes all over the field and proving the bungholes are over rated. And Garvin, for actually bringing me up out of my chair fist pumping. Garvin blowing up Huber gave me a memory flash of the ole' ass kickin', knock you d^k in the dirt, thump your mouth Steeler football. Lambert would be proud. I loved it. I watched it a few times after the game and it still looks like he came in right shoulder first, but I'm sure the nazi goddell will want to fine him because it's a Steeler player. I wish the team played every game this way ..... good Steeler defense football game. Go Steelers

ALLD
12-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Ben carried the team again. Ike Taylor and Clark should be gone in three weeks.

blackngldblood
12-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Ben carried the team again. Ike Taylor and Clark should be gone in three weeks.

Clark has lost his ability to tackle. And Ike? Come on, Ike, catch the damned ball!!! Just once!

zulater
12-16-2013, 04:12 PM

Huber brought that on himself. Sorry not trying to be insensitive but if Huber is going to try to make a tackle he has to have his head up and be aware of who's between him and the ball carrier. What he thinks he and Antonio are the only two guys on the field? A normal athlete senses or sees Garvin coming and braces themselves for the hit, or better yet tries to be evasive and avoid the block to some extent.

Dwinsgames
12-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Huber brought that on himself. Sorry not trying to be insensitive but if Huber is going to try to make a tackle he has to have his head up and be aware of who's between him and the ball carrier. What he thinks he and Antonio are the only two guys on the field? A normal athlete senses or sees Garvin coming and braces themselves for the hit, or better yet tries to be evasive and avoid the block to some extent.

no question about it , there was tunnel vision involved and it was not Garvin that had it

zulater
12-16-2013, 05:48 PM
no question about it , there was tunnel vision involved and it was not Garvin that had it

Yep correct you are sir. Take this as an example.

My mail box is across the road from my house. My road while not a highway does get a modest amount of traffic on it. So suppose I want to get my mail, do I beeline right across the road without thought of the possibility of traffic? And if I do and someone runs my dumb ass down is that their fault or mine?

steel striker
12-17-2013, 02:55 PM
AB, Ben, Special Teams and, the defense made some plays as well.

7SteelGal43
12-17-2013, 06:58 PM
The whole damn team....and coaching staff !:tt03:

SteelerFanInStl
12-18-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm giving a game ball to Garvin just because of all the shit talk about his hit this week and the idiotic fine from Der Kommisar.

zulater
12-18-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm giving a game ball to Garvin just because of all the shit talk about his hit this week and the idiotic fine from Der Kommisar.

I hope the vets take a collection in the room and pay the kids fine off.