PDA

View Full Version : So, why didn't I hear about this nonstop all week?

fansince'76
12-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Also, where is the threat of the forfeiture of a draft pick? This guy actually collided with an official on the field. The "difference in title and responsibility" argument is a crock of shit too because the Jets had a STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH fined and suspended for the season for tripping a player. :mad2:

Dolphins special-teams coach fined for being on field

So much for the $100,000 fine imposed on Steelers coach Mike Tomlin keeping coaches out of the white stripe and/or off the field.

According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, Dolphins special-teams coach Darren Rizzi was on the field and collided with an official as Steelers safety Troy Polamalu returned a missed field goal with a couple of laterals just before halftime of the Week 14 game at Heinz Field.

No flag was thrown.

Per Glazer, who had video of the incident, Rizzi quietly was fined $10,000 this week. The difference in punishments between Rizzi and Tomlin surely arises from the difference in title and responsibility. The Dolphins apparently weren’t fined separately for the infraction.

Read more: Dolphins special-teams coach fined for being on field
(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/15/dolphins-special-teams-coach-fined-for-being-on-field/)

Dwinsgames
12-15-2013, 02:00 PM
showing once again no rhyme or reason to Goodells version of justice

Shoes
12-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Nice to see Florio bring this up.

Count Steeler
12-15-2013, 02:29 PM
One had national exposure and had to dealt with accordingly. One was buried under the rug, so why deal with it the same?

You know, it's all about player safety.

Goodell, no better rat for the job. Asshole.

ALLD
12-15-2013, 02:30 PM
The Steelers usually get the short stick whenever possible because it makes the haters buy more popcorn.

zulater
12-15-2013, 02:52 PM
So the ref runs into the Dolphin coach on the field during an active play, this the week following the whole Tomlin brew ha ha, and he doesn't throw the flag? A flag that would have given the Steelers an untimed play from the Dolphins 26. Essentially giving the Steelers a reasonably make-able field goal opportunity in a tight game.

So someone tell me why I'm ridiculous to think that the league and or refs orchestrated the calls to go against the Steelers to punish Tomlin last Sunday?

Dwinsgames
12-15-2013, 03:03 PM
So the ref runs into the Dolphin coach on the field during an active play, this the week following the whole Tomlin brew ha ha, and he doesn't throw the flag? A flag that would have given the Steelers an untimed play from the Dolphins 26. Essentially giving the Steelers a reasonably make-able field goal opportunity in a tight game.

So someone tell me why I'm ridiculous to think that the league and or refs orchestrated the calls to go against the Steelers to punish Tomlin last Sunday?

I find it highly suspect the ref who ran into the coach did not realize the coach was on the field and that it is a penalty ...... yet with holds the flag

If I where the Rooneys I would hold that over goodells head and say go ahead take my late round draft pick , but I want one of Miamis in return because it cost us points and potentially the game thus should come from a higher round

tube517
12-15-2013, 03:23 PM
https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1506874_10202842741897855_1771270359_n.jpg

stillers4me
12-15-2013, 07:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbjO4e_CQAEY96u.png:large

Butch
12-15-2013, 07:40 PM
You didn't hear about it because the Dolphins voted for the CBA thus they kiss rog's butt, rog is pleased and penalizes them accordingly.

If this had happened when the fish played N.E. it would have been a completely different outcome. All refs would throw a flag including the replay official, and every major sports network calling for the guys head.

zulater
01-12-2014, 02:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdzmCOWCQAA9xym.jpg

So if Carolina intercepts the ball any thought Harbitch could interfere with the play?

GBMelBlount
01-12-2014, 03:03 PM
One had national exposure and had to dealt with accordingly. One was buried under the rug, so why deal with it the same?

You know, it's all about player safety.

Goodell, no better rat for the job. Asshole.

Exactly.

Dwinsgames
01-12-2014, 03:14 PM

So if Carolina intercepts the ball any thought Harbitch could interfere with the play?

according to the rule ... THAT is a penalty that should be called EVERY time , yet never is .....

Hairball is not permited on the field he is a member of the 49ers organization thus to many men on the field even though he is not a player in uniform

Godfather
01-12-2014, 03:48 PM
White coach comes onto the field during a play and Goofdell is OK with it...I see how it works.

zulater
01-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Pete Carroll did the same thing yesterday too.

NCSteeler
01-12-2014, 04:20 PM
You have to be one of the darling teams. Just google Aldon Smith Arrests (DUI, POT and Felony Weapons ) then google Aldon Smith Suspended. A huge WTF. Ben/Rooneys should be in Rogers grill every time this happens

MrPgh
01-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Considering what happened during Week 17 and now in light of this, I would assume any talk of docking the Steelers a draft pick will suddenly disappear.

Mojouw
01-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Once again, the league over reacted to a PR situation. This has been my biggest gripe against Goodell's tenure. The league has on numerous occasions simply knee-jerk responded to a situation in order to shorten the media cycle response.

In the Tomlin "Sidelinegate" situation, it was a massive over-reaction simply because it happened during a nationally televised game and the announcers freaked out about it. Then the internet joined in. The NFL decided that action was "demanded" and responded poorly and in haste.

Par for the course.

steelerdiva
01-12-2014, 06:14 PM
You have to be one of the darling teams. Just google Aldon Smith Arrests (DUI, POT and Felony Weapons ) then google Aldon Smith Suspended. A huge WTF. Ben/Rooneys should be in Rogers grill every time this happens

This...x10

SteelerFanInStl
01-12-2014, 08:59 PM

Every time I even think about Aldon Smith and his MULTIPLE arrests, including felony charges, it just pisses me off. The NFL has completely ignored him.

fansince'76
01-12-2014, 09:05 PM

NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said on Tuesday's edition of NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" that Tomlin should have been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.

"Any time a player or a coach from the sideline is in this white area, that's a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct," Blandino said." "If they interfere with the play, it could be what's called a 'palpably unfair act.'"

What do the rules say about a head coach going past the white area onto the field of play along with at least one other member of his staff, Dean?

:jerkit:

fansince'76
01-12-2014, 09:29 PM
Once again, the league over reacted to a PR situation. This has been my biggest gripe against Goodell's tenure. The league has on numerous occasions simply knee-jerk responded to a situation in order to shorten the media cycle response.

In the Tomlin "Sidelinegate" situation, it was a massive over-reaction simply because it happened during a nationally televised game and the announcers freaked out about it. Then the internet joined in. The NFL decided that action was "demanded" and responded poorly and in haste.

Par for the course.

Exactly. It was the same horseshit that precipitated "Concussion Sunday" back in 2010 when James Harrison became Goodell's favorite target.

Steeldude
01-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Any footage on Carroll being out on the field? I didn't see it because I am done watching football until 2014 pre-season. I only watch Steeler games. When and if real football returns then I may go back to watching other games.