PDA

View Full Version : Head-to-head: Steelers LT Kelvin Beachum vs. Bengals LB James Harrison

stillers4me
12-15-2013, 10:33 AM
James Harrison delivered his version of his amazing Super Bowl interception return for a touchdown with the Cincinnati Bengals, and it had the same incredulous effect on his teammates and coaches.

Two differences: This return was for 21 yards against the Cleveland Browns, not 100 yards against the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII.

And this one didn't count.

Harrison's interception return against the Browns last month was negated by an illegal block penalty, but not before the former Steelers linebacker bounced off his own teammates and ran through two Cleveland linemen into the end zone. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis called it "an Earl Campbell run."............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2013/12/15/Head-to-head-Steelers-LT-Kelvin-Beachum-vs-Bengals-LB-James-Harrison/stories/201312150126#ixzz2nYuDEzaz

Count Steeler
12-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Not a fair match up. Harrison in his prime >>>>>>>> Harrison today. Beachum should be able to handle him today.

Shoes
12-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Beachum sure earned his keep this season. Great young man!

Spike
12-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Harrison doesn't play the OLB role with the Bengals much - mostly in on sub packages on the left side

Hawkman
12-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Harrison doesn't play the OLB role with the Bengals much - mostly in on sub packages on the left side

That's what I thought.

Dwinsgames
12-15-2013, 04:50 PM
yep they are right , Harrison is not a large part of what they do 27 tackles , 2 sacks and 1 int on the season thus far ... so yea he plays but spends much of the game in spectator mode

GBMelBlount
12-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Not a fair match up. Harrison in his prime >>>>>>>> Harrison today. Beachum should be able to handle him today.

One of the bright spots on the team for sure.

I heard one of the commentators a few weeks ago mention that Beachum was the most athletic lineman on the team.

He is also very smart and a very hard worker.

If he puts on 10 pounds he could really be solid.

There are a lot of very good linemen in the nfl who are 310.

Psycho Ward 86
12-15-2013, 09:24 PM
ive read articles that seem to disagree. guess we'll never find out since he concussed early. would have been interesting to see how he actually wouldve done

GBMelBlount
12-15-2013, 11:22 PM
ive read articles that seem to disagree. guess we'll never find out since he concussed early. would have been interesting to see how he actually wouldve done

Agreed. I am just glad Harrison is the one that was concussed.