PDA

View Full Version : This season is a success if...

polamalubeast
08-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Given that this offseason has been an absolute debacle, what has to occur this season for you to consider it a success?

SteelerSal
08-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Win division, Playoffs and Superbowl...of course!

stillers4me
08-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Ben Roethlisburgher....Superbowl MVP.

ALLD
08-10-2010, 07:13 PM
The highest achievement in Pittsburgh is winning the Super Bowl. Anything less may have positive attributes, but would not be a substitute for winning it all. All semantics aside, you either win a Lombardy or you do not.

Kaeg
08-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Well aside from a superbowl. I suppose I couldn't complain much with a playoff berth, but if we get to the AFCCG I think I'll have to consider it a success after this off season.
You know....screw that! After typing that it was hard to swallow. SB or bust! I really feel we have a good shot at it, so I guess I'm fooling myself to say I'd be satisfied with less.

..........Let me revise that by adding "If the injury bug doesn't hit us" to my SB prerequisites.

Psycho Ward 86
08-10-2010, 07:37 PM
1) Ben's Redemption

2) Making the playoffs

3) The pride of our defense returns

3) Making the opposition pay for doubting us

Steeltreal
08-10-2010, 07:52 PM
B-Mac is back. Hood Emerges. Woodley contract year. Timmons time to shine. Troy is healthy. Aaron Smith is healthy. Capable depth at LB inside and out.
This defense has no excuse to not match 08' and lead the league is every statistical category.

venom
08-10-2010, 08:00 PM
The O-Line shows up protecting the QB ,defense is healthy and we start out atleast 3-1 in the first 4 games ( should Big Ben miss 4 games ). Also an appearance in the playoffs , a home AFC Championship game and wearing the Black Home jersey in the Super Bowl .

Nadroj 20
08-10-2010, 08:01 PM
1) Ben's Redemption

2) Making the playoffs

Pride of D i think is a big one.

They should be embarrassed after last season and they should want to make people forget about last year.

steelpride12
08-10-2010, 09:53 PM
1.If Ben returns and just tears up the opposition!

2.Defense returns to it's 08' form

3.ST. Regains it's form and pride

solardave
08-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Defense stays healthy (we know what that means) Ziggy is a force B-mac is an upgrade.
O-line paves the way for the run and protects Byron first 4 games so we start out good.
Special teams do not give up any big returns and score a couple at least for us.
As a result we are:
AFC champs on our way to number 7.

Killer
08-11-2010, 06:31 AM

Exactly.

Just win baby!

memphissteelergirl
08-11-2010, 08:24 AM

1) Ben's Redemption

2) Making the playoffs

Co-sign on these....:tt02:

LLT
08-11-2010, 08:30 AM
1) We win the division...and then another Lombardi

2) The Bungles and Ratbirds place 3rd and 4th respectively.

3) A sex tape of Goodell and Chris Collinsworth is leaked to the internet and both resign in shame.

4) Chris Berman...could....go....all....the...way.....to retirement.

5) The Internet and the National Football league finally start streaming games live BY TEAM (at an affordable price).

6) Bob the Builder is revealed to be the love child of Steely McBeam and Gisele Bündchen.

7) Referree Bill Leavy admits he "kicked" two calls during Superbowl XL on a dare that he couldn't make Seahawks fans cry like a bunch of hanky-waving teenage girls.

8) All the "sissy" rules in regards to hitting too hard...are thrown out and players are allowed to actually play football instead of a reasonable fasimile of.

9) Tom Brady is slapped with an Order of Protection because of numerous harrassing phone calls to Justin Bieber.

10) Steve Buscemi admits that he has been living in a Baltimore trailer court for the past couple of years.

Stlrs4Life
08-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Playoff run. And staying healthy.

Nadroj 20
08-11-2010, 08:40 AM

3) A sex tape of Goodell and Chris Collinsworth is leaked to the internet and both resign in shame.

5) The Internet and the National Football league finally start streaming games live BY TEAM (at an affordable price).

6) Bob the Builder is revealed to be the love child of Steely McBeam and Gisele Bündchen.

7) Referree Bill Leavy admits he "kicked" two calls during Superbowl XL on a dare that he couldn't make Seahawks fans cry like a bunch of hanky-waving teenage girls.

8) All the "sissy" rules in regards to hitting too hard...are thrown out and players are allowed to actually play football instead of a reasonable fasimile of.

9) Tom Brady is slapped with an Order of Protection because of numerous harrassing phone calls to Justin Bieber.

10) Steve Buscemi admits that he has been living in a Baltimore trailer court for the past couple of years.

Best season ever if these happen :chuckle:

Raleigh Steel
08-11-2010, 09:22 AM
1. score touchdowns in the red zone or can BA
2. beat the bengals...check that...crush the bengals
3. payback on the browns
4. ben dominates
5. win the AFCN
6. win the AFCC
7. win #7

realistically, why wouldn't the steelers have a shot at winning the super bowl. there are a lot of good teams out there but not one great team. in the afc, the teams that (right now) have a legit shot are pit, cin, balt, ne, nyj, ind, sd. in the nfc, no, gb, dal, min, atl. all of these teams have issues, problems, weaknesses...the STEELERS ARE LEGIT CONTENDERS. i firmly believe that!

Indo
08-11-2010, 10:10 AM

Aim high.

LLT
08-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Aim high.

Unless Goodell is in your sites.

Then aim low....and take his nutsack off.

BuddhaBus
08-11-2010, 10:47 AM

1) Obviously.
2) Why, whatever would the "experts" say then? Probably that they picked the Steelers all along.
3) Would be good, but they would probably just "come out" loud and proud.
4) Could take him or leave him, personally.
5) You're making WAY too much sense here, LLT.
6) :chuckle:
7) Looks like he won that bet.
8) :amen:
9) Do you really think Bieber would file for one? :bananadoggywow:
10) :rofl:

Myself, I feel like if we can just finally get around to that whole "unleashing Hell" thing...

Devilsdancefloor
08-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Unless Goodell is in your sites.

Then aim low....and take his nutsack off.

someone has already ripped off his sack, so you best aim a bit higher

BuddhaBus
08-11-2010, 11:37 AM
someone has already ripped off his sack, so you best aim a bit higher

Yeah, Bob Kraft. He's holding it for ransom as we speak. Explains a lot, actually.