PDA

View Full Version : LeBeau pleased with Jarvis Jones' growth

stillers4me
12-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau has given Jarvis Jones (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15799/jarvis-jones) several votes of confidence this season.

LeBeau added to his total earlier this week, a day after the rookie outside linebacker acknowledged that he has been disappointed about his production this season.

“I’m very pleased with his progress,” LeBeau said Thursday of the Steelers’ first-round pick last April. “His out of position arrows have diminished. He almost is never in the wrong place now. I think the more comfortable he gets, I think you’re going to see that this guy is going to be a really good football player.”.............

read more @ http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/76999/lebeau-pleased-with-jarvis-jones-growth

Hindes204
12-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Can't wait to see how he develops

Shoes
12-14-2013, 08:18 PM
I'll bet they add some weight on him this off season.

oneforthetoe
12-14-2013, 10:20 PM
It would also help if he had 3 guys in front of him on the D'line could take up multiple blockers.

Texasteel
12-14-2013, 10:25 PM
I'll bet they add some weight on him this off season.

I expect him to see a lot of the weight room this off season. Don't be surprised to see him show up with a couple new moves as well. Jones is going to be just fine.

Steeldude
12-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Doesn't Lebeau complement every player? So far Jones has shown nothing. People says it's because the scheme is difficult to understand. That's fine, but how does that explain his lack of ability when knows the play is a straight out pass rush? That being said, the jury is still out. The problem is if the Steelers do re-sign Worilds then that means Jones rots on the bench until he is lost via free agency. There is no way they will let the overrated Woodley go or place him on the bench.

Psycho Ward 86
12-15-2013, 09:15 PM
my concern with him coming out college was that he seems to have only one pass rushing move, this little "double-parry" move with his hands that relies mostly on great hand work and speed. Im concerned he cant generate legitmate pressure with just a plain old bull rush in the NFL. He's big enough to the point where it shouldnt be an excuse. I guess time will tell.

Nothing will piss steeler fans off more than having a Vernon Gholston on the roster in the midst of 2 shitty years. But thats the worst case scenario.

one side only
12-16-2013, 07:36 AM
I expect him to see a lot of the weight room this off season. Don't be surprised to see him show up with a couple new moves as well. Jones is going to be just fine.

I don't expect either one. That's why they shouldn't have wasted a first round pick on developmental project. THey should have picked the best player available, one that could make an immediate impact. That player was Tyler Eifert. Or, they should have traded back.