PDA

View Full Version : For Heyward, Worilds, their time has finally come

stillers4me
12-13-2013, 05:24 AM
Two high draft picks, two disappointments. That is what some considered Jason Worilds and Cam Heyward as the 2013 season unfolded.

Worilds is the linebacker Mike Tomlin pushed his team to draft in the second round in 2010 rather than Penn State’s Sean Lee. While Lee became celebrated for his play in Dallas, Worilds remained a backup for the Steelers.

The Steelers drafted Heyward in the first round in 2011, and he entered his third season as a backup defensive end.

General manager Kevin Colbert’s drafts became more scrutinized when the Steelers lost their first four games this season, and those two picks were used as examples of what went wrong with the team.

How do you like them now? While the Steelers season went nowhere, Worilds and Heyward turned into rising stars, two young shining lights on an otherwise declining defense............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2013/12/13/For-Heyward-Worilds-their-time-has-finally-come/stories/201312130071#ixzz2nLx9jOfh

Count Steeler
12-15-2013, 10:33 AM
I am not surprised that these 2 guys are performing. You could see they had game in their pre seasons and in the limited plays they were given. I fail to understand how we keep the young, up and comers on the bench for so long. I am not a football genius, but Heyward always looked better than Hood when given the chance. Worilds always looked better at LOLB than at ROLB. But who am I?

st33lersguy
12-15-2013, 11:32 AM
2 bright spots on this team this year. Definitely should continue to start