PDA

View Full Version : The black & gold blues: Steelers fans take losses the hardest in the NFL

stillers4me
12-13-2013, 05:21 AM
A recent study proves what most in this city have long known: Steelers fans hate to lose.

Pittsburgh football fans are the saddest fans in the NFL after a loss, according to Michael Lewis and Manish Tripathi, two marketing professors from Emory University who published a study on the subject of fan emotions.

The duo analyzed messages posted using the social media tool Twitter after every game of the 2012 National Football League season, using an algorithm to categorize tweets as positive or negative. In the two-day window that followed Steelers losses last season, 33.1 percent of tweets from the Pittsburgh area about the team were positive, the lowest percentage of any NFL team..............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2013/12/13/Black-gold-losses-bum-Steelers-fans-most-study-says-The-black-amp-gold-blues/stories/201312130081#ixzz2nLvusMFp

X-Terminator
12-13-2013, 06:32 AM
This actually took an in-depth statistical analysis? All they had to do was come to this forum, and they would have had all the data they needed to come to that conclusion in less than 5 minutes.

steelreserve
12-13-2013, 12:21 PM
In other news, Raiders fans are the most pissed after a loss, shooting at people and trying to burn down the city.

fansince'76
12-13-2013, 11:44 PM
In other news, Raiders fans are the most pissed after a loss, shooting at people and trying to burn down the city.

3 people got knifed in the parking lot of Mile High after the Broncos lost to San Diego and effectively gave up the 1st seed to the Pats.

steelreserve
12-14-2013, 01:31 PM
3 people got knifed in the parking lot of Mile High after the Broncos lost to San Diego and effectively gave up the 1st seed to the Pats.

That's some nice poor sportsmanship there. Although in their defense, if my team lost something to the Patriots, I'd probably be looking to stab someone too.

Dwinsgames
12-14-2013, 03:20 PM
That's some nice poor sportsmanship there. Although in their defense, if my team lost something to the Patriots, I'd probably be looking to stab someone too.

we lost something to them that most steeler fans did not know we had at one time ... Mike Vrabel

silver & black
12-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Feel fortunate that you won't be experiencing this for too long. I don't know that Steelers fans feel a loss more than any other successful team's fans do. Raiders fans definitely felt the losses and took them hard when our downfall started. Now, Raider Nation is probably one of the most apathetic fan bases in the NFL. I don't know that the Raiders can ever recover from this culture of suck. It will take new ownership and a change of venue in my opinion. The Steelers will be back within a year or so.

Shoes
12-14-2013, 03:54 PM
we lost something to them that most steeler fans did not know we had at one time ... Mike Vrabel

Why did we let him go?

Butch
12-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Bill let him go and if I remember even put in a good word for him to go to N.E., but I could be wrong about that

Craic
12-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Bill let him go and if I remember even put in a good word for him to go to N.E., but I could be wrong about that

Not sure about the good word, but I do know that Cowher basically told him that he was a pretty good player and was being let go so he could catch on somewhere else or something like that. At the time we were pretty stacked at LB, I think.