PDA

View Full Version : What bums the most about this sucky season

stillers4me
12-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Ben and Troy are healthy.

Imagine if we made the playoffs...........and the defense didn't crap the bed every week. Curse you, football gods!! :mad2:

tube517
12-08-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm no football expert but wasn't Troy playing ILB alot this year? Definitely not his natural position.

fansince'76
12-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Ben is one year older. Want a peek how much worse the last two seasons could have been without him? Just check out the Texans.

zulater
12-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Troy was healthy but more of a liability than an asset at this point in his career. He's lost a step and more often than not his gambles fall short of the ball carrier when he guesses right. And when he guesses wrong he absolutely kills us. It used to be his right guesses offset his wrong guesses because of the splash plays he produced when he guessed right. But again now he usually falls short of the mark even if he figures it right. And his wrong guesses are fatal. So Troy making only a handful of positive splash plays in a season just doesn't cut it. Great player, sure Hall of Famer. But he's needs to get on with his life's work or play more disciplined.

Godfather
12-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Troy was healthy but more of a liability than an asset at this point in his career. He's lost a step and more often than not his gambles fall short of the ball carrier when he guesses right. And when he guesses wrong he absolutely kills us. It used to be his right guesses offset his wrong guesses because of the splash plays he produced when he guessed right. But again now he usually falls short of the mark even if he figures it right. And his wrong guesses are fatal. So Troy making only a handful of positive splash plays in a season just doesn't cut it. Great player, sure Hall of Famer. But he's needs to get on with his life's work or play more disciplined.

He should spend the offseason teaching a younger player like Shamarko/Jarvis the tricks of his trade. Then be a stay at home safety in 2014 and let someone else do the improvising. He's smart enough to pull it off.

blackngldblood
12-08-2013, 07:47 PM
I did not expect our defense to be this shitty this year. No one here probably did. There are players on that side of the ball that I am ecstatic about moving forward. For some, the other shoe has dropped...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Dwinsgames
12-08-2013, 09:28 PM
what bummed me out the most ?

its early December and its already over . hell it was over in September actually

Shoes
12-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Seems like off season started long ago.

Steeldude
12-08-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm no football expert but wasn't Troy playing ILB alot this year? Definitely not his natural position.

That's what happens when you go into the season without a capable LILB on the roster.

Count Steeler
12-09-2013, 05:05 AM
We have a problem assessing talent and developing young players. Worilds is a prime example. To my eye, he always looked adequate to something more at LOLB. This season, they gave him the opportunity and he develops. Trouble being, his contract ends this year. Now, what do we have? A player that is playing for a contract or a player that will give us a good 5-7 years at LOLB?

We are not getting a return on our investments in the O Line. Injuries just keep coming every year.
Heyward should have been starting at the end of last season. How they kept Hood ahead of him is beyond me.

We HAVE to get better at drafting and developing.