PDA

View Full Version : OH! What "could've" Been !!

katmandu
12-08-2013, 04:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ba_kZo6IAAEJ5Pi.jpg:large

steeldawg
12-08-2013, 04:18 PM
What a huge mistake

katmandu
12-08-2013, 04:20 PM
The second coming of the Immaculate Reception!

- - - Updated - - -

What a huge mistakeUnbelievable blunder! How in God's name could a Vet like Antonio NOT know where the line was ?

At first, I thought perhaps his momentum took him towards the sideline, but reviews suggest no way! He just fugged up!

stillers4me
12-08-2013, 04:22 PM
They would have found another way to take it from us. Ben's lateral was being questioned.

steeldawg
12-08-2013, 04:23 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Unbelievable blunder! How in God's name could a Vet like Antonio NOT know where the line was ?

At first, I thought perhaps his momentum took him towards the sideline, but reviews suggest no way! He just fugged up!

I thought the same thing but after watching the replay and that large still shot, you can clearly see he had plenty of room.

Shoes
12-08-2013, 04:24 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Unbelievable blunder! How in God's name could a Vet like Antonio NOT know where the line was ?

The *fugged up* started in preseason, not with Browns foot on the line in todays game.

Dwinsgames
12-08-2013, 04:32 PM
The *fugged up* started at the last half dozen or so drafts , not with Browns foot on the line in todays game.

fixed it

Shoes
12-08-2013, 04:35 PM
fixed it

Agreed!

SteelerFanInStl
12-08-2013, 05:00 PM
They would have found another way to take it from us. Ben's lateral was being questioned.

No doubt. I'm sure that we would've been hit with a late flag for something.

Count Steeler
12-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Big deal. No way this team could accomplish anything this year. It shouldn't take the coaches 8 games to get the team together. 4 preseason and 4 regular season games and we looked unprepared and disorganized. Yeah, there were a lot of changes, but, sort it out in the preseason and at least look like a football team. Those first 4 games were brutal.

NCSteeler
12-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Possibly the worst day of football this season, had to watch our crap fest of a D make the dolphins look like they are awesome, watch the Rats make a come back, watch the Pats make a come back, ugh, just shoot me!

GoSlash27
12-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Just as well. It would've been nullified by Ben's forward pass anyway.

Psycho Ward 86
12-08-2013, 05:31 PM
how the fuck do you blame a guy who had 5 catches for 137 yards and a TD for losing a game. What, because it was the last play? You do realize the ball had to go in Marcus fucking Gilbert's hands to attempt to win the game? That means there was a lot of shittier stuff going on the rest of the game

stillers4me
12-08-2013, 05:32 PM
how the fuck do you blame a guy who had 5 catches for 137 yards and a TD for losing a game. What, because it was the last play? You do realize the ball had to go in Marcus fucking Gilbert's hands to attempt to win the game? That means there was a lot of shittier stuff going on the rest of the game

:hail:

fansince'76
12-08-2013, 05:33 PM

The game was lost on the 55-yard run by the Dolphins, IMO. I just knew at that point that the defense wouldn't hold them to a FG (they didn't). The only thing that surprised me was that they scored their final TD with almost 3 minutes on the clock - I figured they'd drain it down to almost zero before punching it in.

SteelerFanInStl
12-08-2013, 05:36 PM

Agreed. This game should never have come down to a 'miracle' play in the first place.

steeldawg
12-08-2013, 05:42 PM

I blame him for stepping out of bounds who else do you want me to blame for that. The 137yds is a bit misleading since about half of that was a result of that final play.

blackngldblood
12-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Seriously, anyone blaming Brown for this needs to go back and re-watch the game. Next to Ben, Antonio is the brightest spot on this offense this season. You could make cases for a few more guys, but he is having an all pro season. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Edman
12-08-2013, 06:01 PM
The Season was in jeopardy when it the team was 0-4.

Then the loss in Oakland and getting crushed by New England to drop to 2-6 was the end of it. The team has to win out to have a chance. They didn't do it.

If you ask me, this team has no business being in the postseason, considering just how terrible they played in September.

This is a mediocre subpar team, and they're having a season that warrants it.

steeldawg
12-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Seriously, anyone blaming Brown for this needs to go back and re-watch the game. Next to Ben, Antonio is the brightest spot on this offense this season. You could make cases for a few more guys, but he is having an all pro season. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

No one is blaming him for a losing season, he gets blame for stepping out of bounds when he should of stayed in.

bayz101
12-08-2013, 06:09 PM
If you photoshop the defender that's right on his ass out of the picture, than yes, it's a mistake. With a defender right on you, do you REALLY want to run in any direction but straight on a snow-covered, slippery Hines Field surface? Hell no. You run straight and pray that you don't slip and fall on your ass and that the defender right ON your ass DOES slip and fall on his. :chuckle:

Brown is going to be a huge player for us, and we paid the right guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, he already is a huge part of our team. Him improving is a scary thought for defenses all around the league. Don't let anyone tell you he's not a threat. They are blind if they do.

steeldawg
12-08-2013, 06:11 PM
If you photoshop the defender that's right on his ass out of the picture, than yes, it's a mistake. With a defender right on you, do you REALLY want to run in any direction but straight on a snow-covered, slippery Hines Field surface? Hell no. You run straight and pray that you don't slip and fall on your ass and that the defender right ON your ass DOES slip and fall on his. :chuckle:

Brown is going to be a huge player for us, and we paid the right guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, he already is a huge part of our team. Him improving is a scary thought for defenses all around the league. Don't let anyone tell you he's not a threat. They are blind if they do.

Oh please that defender is like 3 yards behind him.

bayz101
12-08-2013, 06:16 PM

Yes, and you can make a diving tackle from 5 yards out, especially if the runner SLOWS HIMSELF by altering his direction. Now, with that said, you still have to factor in the fact that changing your direction on an icy field isn't nearly as easy as it is on a clean one. Brown knew the defender was on his ass and his eyes were looking in the only direction they should have been, and that's straight forward.

And by the way, the defender wasn't 3 yards behind him in the picture above, and he would have been even close had Brown moved to the right considering that's CLEARLY where the defender was.

Not surprised to see you trying to take something away from Brown, honestly.

steeldawg
12-08-2013, 06:25 PM
he had plenty of room he just wasn't aware of the sideline, no defender is going to dive from 3 yards back and catch Antonio brown on a full sprint. Take something away from brown? Are you high? I wanted him to score! Fine I will give him credit for the play nice job of stepping out of bounds on that play Antonio great job!

LLT
12-08-2013, 06:36 PM
No one is blaming him for a losing season, he gets blame for stepping out of bounds when he should of stayed in.

He gets credit for almost winning the game for us on a crazy play. The guy leaves his heart on the field and the only reason we were still in the game was because of an incredible effort on his TD run.
If you are going to "blame" Brown for any level of his performance today (137 yards receiving and a touchdown)...I would love to hear your take on the performance of Mike Wallace. I do believe he had 2 catches for 19 yards?

Devilsdancefloor
12-08-2013, 06:40 PM
AB is incredible competitor he is one of the few bright points in this abysmal season He had a bad game and still had 77yrd and a td

steeldawg
12-08-2013, 07:26 PM
He gets credit for almost winning the game for us on a crazy play. The guy leaves his heart on the field and the only reason we were still in the game was because of an incredible effort on his TD run.
If you are going to "blame" Brown for any level of his performance today (137 yards receiving and a touchdown)...I would love to hear your take on the performance of Mike Wallace. I do believe he had 2 catches for 19 yards?

Lol he gets credit for stepping out of bounds and gets credit for almost making a play. Mike Wallace didn't do anything during the game what does have to do with this play. AB is a competitor therefore I should not think he should of not stepped out and scored the game winning td with the game on the line? I don't blame brown for his performance in the rest of the game I blame him for this play HE stepped out of bounds what else do you want me to say?

86WARD
12-08-2013, 07:51 PM

Maybe Gilbert should be playing receiver...he caught the ball better than some of the WR's out there today...true story and you know it.

LLT
12-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Lol he gets credit for stepping out of bounds and gets credit for almost making a play. Mike Wallace didn't do anything during the game what does have to do with this play. AB is a competitor therefore I should not think he should of not stepped out and scored the game winning td with the game on the line? I don't blame brown for his performance in the rest of the game I blame him for this play HE stepped out of bounds what else do you want me to say?

Nothing...you pretty much sum up what we all have been saying from the beginning. The real problem that you have with Brown is that he has proven you wrong about Wallace.
The REALITY of today...regardless of how you want to point the microscope at that one moment in the game...is that Brown kept us in the game and almost pulled off a miracle...while Wallace ...well...had 8 players on the field today who had more recieving yards then he did.

nuff said.

Psycho Ward 86
12-08-2013, 09:16 PM
I blame him for stepping out of bounds who else do you want me to blame for that. The 137yds is a bit misleading since about half of that was a result of that final play.

I dont know what kind of alien math you're using but Antonio brown still had 4 catches for 82 yards and a TD in the snow against a probowl cornerback excluding the lateral play. Still a good game. That's quite a bit better than your home boy Wallace who had 2 catches and 19 yards against our shit-tastic secondary. When you're top corner allows a QB rating of over 100 when thrown at him, you knows its bad: http://inagist.com/all/406237151316422656/

lmfao, he was easily within a yard of antonio brown. cant blame him for paying more cautious attention to a defender than the sideline. he was walking on a legitimate tight rope. look again: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013120806/2013/REG14/dolphins@steelers#menu=highlights&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

86WARD
12-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Antonio's got a ways to go to step out a bounds with the best of them:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/210/912/293899_display_image.jpg

tube517
12-09-2013, 02:59 AM

Quoted for truth :nod:

steeldawg
12-09-2013, 05:35 AM
I dont know what kind of alien math you're using but Antonio brown still had 4 catches for 82 yards and a TD in the snow against a probowl cornerback excluding the lateral play. Still a good game. That's quite a bit better than your home boy Wallace who had 2 catches and 19 yards against our shit-tastic secondary. When you're top corner allows a QB rating of over 100 when thrown at him, you knows its bad: http://inagist.com/all/406237151316422656/

lmfao, he was easily within a yard of antonio brown. cant blame him for paying more cautious attention to a defender than the sideline. he was walking on a legitimate tight rope. look again: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013120806/2013/REG14/dolphins@steelers#menu=highlights&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

It was 4 for 77, he ended with 5 for 137 so ya alien math has him at about half. Im looking at that huge picture at the top of the thread and it still looks like about 3 yards ahead of the guy.

steeldawg
12-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Nothing...you pretty much sum up what we all have been saying from the beginning. The real problem that you have with Brown is that he has proven you wrong about Wallace.
The REALITY of today...regardless of how you want to point the microscope at that one moment in the game...is that Brown kept us in the game and almost pulled off a miracle...while Wallace ...well...had 8 players on the field today who had more recieving yards then he did.

nuff said.

He had a better game than Wallace has had a better season than Wallace but none of that changes the fact that on this particular play he should of stayed in bounds. Yes its a microscope of that one play that is what this entire thread was about. This thread had nothing to do with browns game or wallaces game or our season it had to do with this particular play. I have no problem with brown glad we have him but this was a mistake on his part with a chance to win the game. We were talking about this play and you want to bring up Wallace had 2 catches......who cares. The problem with this team all year has not been stats, we have plenty of stats . The problem has been in big moments, guys who have had good season or games just haven't made the big play.

Count Steeler
12-09-2013, 07:33 AM
From what I remember, he was running from the defender. The angle took him out of bounds.

A picture is worth a thousand words but a video in this case tells the whole story.

Psycho Ward 86
12-09-2013, 11:32 AM
It was 4 for 77, he ended with 5 for 137 so ya alien math has him at about half. Im looking at that huge picture at the top of the thread and it still looks like about 3 yards ahead of the guy.

watch the video from all angles. not a damn picture.

and you are really struggling to do 137-55 huh

st33lersguy
12-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Call me crazy but I think we were better off losing this game. All a fluke win would have done is feed the false hope that this team is a playoff contender, hurt draft position, and deluded the front office into thinking they didn;t need to make serious changes. If we won that game, we would have been knocked out of playoff contention next week against Cinci, a far better team that has improved over the last few weeks

steeldawg
12-09-2013, 04:30 PM
watch the video from all angles. not a damn picture.

and you are really struggling to do 137-55 huh

I watched the play 500 times he had plenty of room, the guy wasn't close enough to touch him you mean to tell me he couldn't spare 2 inches? Even brown thought he scored didn't realize he stepped out, "thought I had a clean td" which tells me the defender did not force him out. whatever Its not half but its a big chunk of his 137 another 13.5 yards and its half jesus Christ.

zulater
12-09-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm sure Wallace would have stayed in bounds. :rolleyes:I

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Nm_0pC4FM

Casey I have a long distance dedication from Steeldawg to Mike Wallace.

LLT
12-09-2013, 04:59 PM
We were talking about this play and you want to bring up Wallace had 2 catches......who cares. .

LOL...I think we know who cares.

Brown stepping out of bounds is not :
1) Something that is new to the game, nor is it something that will never happen again.
2) The reason for our poor season
3) An indication as to who is to blame for the poor season.

Its a weird play...unplanned...and Brown tried to turn a turd into a pearl. Kudos to him for almost pulling it off.

Anyone trying to make this more than that either doesnt understand the game or has an agenda.

Craic
12-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Just went and checked it out a bit closer... it was a forward pass. Went forward probably half a yard or so.

zulater
12-09-2013, 05:27 PM

1) Something that is new to the game, nor is it something that will never happen again.

Its a weird play...unplanned...and Brown tried to turn a turd into a pearl. Kudos to him for almost pulling it off.

Anyone trying to make this more than that either doesnt understand the game or has an agenda.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!:yay3:

- - - Updated - - -

Just went and checked it out a bit closer... it was a forward pass. Went forward probably half a yard or so.

Perhaps. But with replay who ever knows for sure if it would have stood or not?

Dwinsgames
12-09-2013, 05:28 PM

before or after he dropped the lateral ? :eyebrows:

LLT
12-09-2013, 05:48 PM
before or after he dropped the lateral ? :eyebrows:

Not his fault...they probably expected him to "jump" for it.

steeldawg
12-09-2013, 06:33 PM

I don't care Im not the one who keeps bringing Wallace up, your list is ridiculous.

1. I wasn't aware stepping out of bounds was not new I really thought Antonio brown just invented it.
2. I already said about 50 times this has nothing to do with the rest of the game brown had or the season, It is this particular play he should of stayed in bounds.
3. see #2

Anyone watching that play knows that it was a mistake to step out of bounds I really don't see what the argument is here. I don't see how brown stepping out of bounds on his own is not on him. You can honestly say with a straight face that he should not of scored on that run? And anyone who thinks he should of scored doesn't understand football or has an agenda against Antonio brown?

LLT
12-09-2013, 06:59 PM
I don't care Im not the one who keeps bringing Wallace up, your list is ridiculous.

1. I wasn't aware stepping out of bounds was not new I really thought Antonio brown just invented it.
2. I already said about 50 times this has nothing to do with the rest of the game brown had or the season, It is this particular play he should of stayed in bounds.
3. see #2

Anyone watching that play knows that it was a mistake to step out of bounds I really don't see what the argument is here. I don't see how brown stepping out of bounds on his own is not on him. You can honestly say with a straight face that he should not of scored on that run? And anyone who thinks he should of scored doesn't understand football or has an agenda against Antonio brown?

No....I think YOU have shown a trend in letting your agenda get in the way of real football discourse. When 99% of your posts are ridiculous statements about 1) How Wallace is better than Brown...or the flipside that Brown is overrated. OR 2) That all 2nd round picks are "talented" and belong in the NFL. And you make rediculous statements to try and back up your agenda without EVER admitting that you are obviously wrong.... dont get your feathers ruffled when we automatically look for that agenda in your other 1%.

Dwinsgames
12-09-2013, 07:45 PM

3. see #2

I just want to know why it even matters that he went out of bounds at this point ...

hell it would have been reviewed ( final 2 min and a scoring play ) Ben would have been ruled with a forward lateral and with no time left on the clock the game is OVER , what Brown did or did not do after that point is irreverent

Iron Steeler
12-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Sighhhh

zulater
12-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Haven't got around to reviewing it to see if it was a forward lateral or not. But I'll take Preacher's word for it. But that doesn't mean it would have been overturned on replay. I remember last year when Ben had a forward pass called a lateral and a subsequent fumble that was returned for a TD by the Giants. It was fairly evident on replay that the pass was a full yard and a half forward from the spot where Ben threw the ball. But the play was upheld on review nonetheless.

Dwinsgames
12-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Haven't got around to reviewing it to see if it was a forward lateral or not. But I'll take Preacher's word for it. But that doesn't mean it would have been overturned on replay. I remember last year when Ben had a forward pass called a lateral and a subsequent fumble that was returned for a TD by the Giants. It was fairly evident on replay that the pass was a full yard and a half forward from the spot where Ben threw the ball. But the play was upheld on review nonetheless.

no question about it the pass was forward , probably a full half yard forward and its clear as can be ...but its true you never know about the officials but considering we rarely get a break no reason to think we would on that either

tube517
12-09-2013, 08:14 PM

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Nm_0pC4FM

Casey I have a long distance dedication from Steeldawg to Mike Wallace.

Ok, Zu, some of these young'uns don't know what this "Casey" reference is about.

:rofl2:

vader29
12-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Overlaying the photos of when Ben released the ball and Antonio catches it with a parallel line to the sideline as a point of reference, the throw was a forward lateral by about a foot. Not sure if that would have been enough for the replay ref to overturn the call on the field since no flag was thrown but I guess we'll never know.

http://i42.tinypic.com/o9l1jc.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/1zyannt.jpg

Count Steeler
12-10-2013, 05:05 AM
Anyone doubt that if this play was a touchdown and then reviewed, it would have been Browns fault for being ahead of Ben?

steeldawg
12-10-2013, 05:53 AM
No....I think YOU have shown a trend in letting your agenda get in the way of real football discourse. When 99% of your posts are ridiculous statements about 1) How Wallace is better than Brown...or the flipside that Brown is overrated. OR 2) That all 2nd round picks are "talented" and belong in the NFL. And you make rediculous statements to try and back up your agenda without EVER admitting that you are obviously wrong.... dont get your feathers ruffled when we automatically look for that agenda in your other 1%.

First 99% of my posts are not about how Wallace is better than brown that's absurd. Second all second round picks are talented that's why they are second round picks why else would they be drafted into an elite football league. This thread is a perfect example we were talking about this particular play and you come in talking about Wallace I never even brought him up. What agenda? what agenda could I possibly have?

- - - Updated - - -

I just want to know why it even matters that he went out of bounds at this point ...

hell it would have been reviewed ( final 2 min and a scoring play ) Ben would have been ruled with a forward lateral and with no time left on the clock the game is OVER , what Brown did or did not do after that point is irreverent

It doesn't we were having a simple discussion about it being a mistake to step out of bounds, and then the Antonio brown fan club comes in and accuses me of blaming brown for losing the game, blame him for the losing season, and the crisis in the middle east.

- - - Updated - - -

Overlaying the photos of when Ben released the ball and Antonio catches it with a parallel line to the sideline as a point of reference, the throw was a forward lateral by about a foot. Not sure if that would have been enough for the replay ref to overturn the call on the field since no flag was thrown but I guess we'll never know.

http://i42.tinypic.com/o9l1jc.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/1zyannt.jpg

Ya wow that is close

Dwinsgames
12-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Ya wow that is close

not close IMO , it is clearly a forward pass , Ben is across the original LOS , his arm is moving forward ahead of his body and brown is a good half yard in front of that

stillers4me
12-10-2013, 05:23 PM
- - - Updated - - -

What really would have happened: if AB had not stepped out of bounds, the Steelers receive a letter of apology on Monday from the league for overturning the TD when they shouldn't have.

stillers4me
12-10-2013, 05:45 PM
http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/big-ben-forward-lateral-ab.jpg

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24371516/nfl-vp-of-officiating-roethlisbergers-lateral-would-have-stood

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/breech-lol-steelers.gif

Dwinsgames
12-10-2013, 05:47 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24371516/nfl-vp-of-officiating-roethlisbergers-lateral-would-have-stood

look at the stills ... Ben would have had to switch jerseys with Mike Adams for that to be a lateral

steeldawg
12-10-2013, 05:49 PM
not close IMO , it is clearly a forward pass , Ben is across the original LOS , his arm is moving forward ahead of his body and brown is a good half yard in front of that

guess not

stillers4me
12-10-2013, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't have made us a better team, or helped us win a playoff game.....but dang!

st33lersguy
12-10-2013, 06:01 PM

Makes me feel better about it. Also concerned about the official not overturning it. That is a forward lateral

steeldawg
12-10-2013, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't have made us a better team, or helped us win a playoff game.....but dang!

would of at least made the last couple games interesting and one hell of a wild card fight.

Craic
12-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Well, I wasn't as fancy as using a nice red line. I held up a piece of paper to the screen. :chuckle: But in this case, I think the ref got it wrong, it was definitely a forward pass.

tube517
12-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Le'Veon Bell's pass to Gilbert should be in the playbook. But, then there would be a post game press conference if it didn't work and Ben would say "tersely": "go ask him." Pointing to Haley.

bayz101
12-10-2013, 09:37 PM
How can someone look at that play and honestly say Brown had plenty of room to avoid the sidelines?

Count Steeler
12-11-2013, 04:43 AM
Fuel for the fire:

NFL says Roethlisberger lateral was legalThirty-one years to the month after the Immaculate Reception, the Steelers nearly crafted an NFL version of the “band is on the field!” play, if only receiver Antonio Brown (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5698/antonio-brown) had managed to stay on the field himself.
And if Brown hadn’t stepped slightly out of bounds only 13 yards from paydirt, the outcome would have become nearly as controversial as the Bradshaw-to-Tatum-to-Franco-possibly-by-way-of-Fuqua touchdown in the postseason.
One of the various pitches on the play included a lateral from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger) that initially appeared to be an illegal forward pass. On Tuesday, NFL V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino said on NFL Network that the ruling on the field of a lateral would have survived replay review, given the lack of indisputable visual evidence to the contrary.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/11/nfl-says-roethlisberger-lateral-was-legal/

steeldawg
12-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Ya when you look at those red lines it looks like worst case the ball was thrown sideways, doesn't look forward at all to me.

zulater
12-11-2013, 10:01 AM
The play that really cost us the game was Foster ( and Wallace) being illegally downfied, negating a 12 yard gain that would have gave the Steelers 3rd and 2 at the Miami 35. On the Steelers broadcast it was suggested Ben might have been late delivering the ball. But after watching the play several time I think Foster released too early, and Wallace followed his lead. Basically the play was this, Ben takes the snap in the shotgun, somewhat sets himself as if he's going right with the ball, ( in other words a body fake as opposed to a pump fake) then boom, he sets himself to the left and delivers in one motion to Cotchery for a 12 yard gain. ( remember the play before Wallace was flagged for the double clutch) Anyway the penalty had to be called ( but the one on Wallace the previous play goes uncalled 9 out of 10 times), clearly a violation. But seeing how 3 of the lineman reacted compared to Foster tells me that Foster was the one who blew it, and the inexperienced guy (Wallace)was on his shoulder and just followed the veteran closest to him. Foster doesn't ef that up we probably convert the 3rd and win the game. :frusty:

Put it this way, unless Ben adlibed the look right throw left, then it was on Foster. And being as how Decastro, Cotchery, Adams, and Gilbert were all in perfect sync with Ben I find it hard to believe the responsibility lies with the qb.

MrPgh
12-11-2013, 11:49 AM
How can someone look at that play and honestly say Brown had plenty of room to avoid the sidelines?

All he needed to do was run in a straight line.

Steeldude
12-11-2013, 05:24 PM
He had a better game than Wallace has had a better season than Wallace but none of that changes the fact that on this particular play he should of stayed in bounds. Yes its a microscope of that one play that is what this entire thread was about. This thread had nothing to do with browns game or wallaces game or our season it had to do with this particular play. I have no problem with brown glad we have him but this was a mistake on his part with a chance to win the game. We were talking about this play and you want to bring up Wallace had 2 catches......who cares. The problem with this team all year has not been stats, we have plenty of stats . The problem has been in big moments, guys who have had good season or games just haven't made the big play.

But what's worse is Wallace would deliberately not try when he was here. Funny how you were content with that.

steeldawg
12-11-2013, 06:01 PM
But what's worse is Wallace would deliberately not try when he was here. Funny how you were content with that.

Again with this nonsense? Really?

- - - Updated - - -

exactly

Steeldude
12-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Again with this nonsense? Really?

- - - Updated - - -

How is that fact considered nonsense? Is it because it destroys your entire argument against Brown? I think so

zulater
12-12-2013, 07:41 AM

Easier said than done.
What, you think he was trying not to score?

And before anyone asks, yes it was tragic that wide receiver Antonio Brown stepped out of bounds on that last play. Brown got the corner on a slick field and missed his cut by an inch. It should have never come down to one fluke play to win that game, so Brown doesn’t take a big hit from me.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1881946-dolphins-vs-steelers-full-roster-report-card-grades-for-pittsburgh

The above sums it up best.

Next topic. :coffee:

vader29
12-12-2013, 08:23 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2yo4x9k.gif