PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Will Lose Draft Pick Due To Tomlin-Incident

86WARD
12-08-2013, 10:05 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/PIT/pittsburgh-steelers) will in fact end up losing a late-round draft pick for coach Mike Tomlin's actions on the sidelines Thanksgiving night, according to league sources. The NFL is not finalizing that decision until the spring, after all compensatory picks are sent.

When Tomlin's discipline was announced by the league on Wednesday, including a $100,000 fine, the NFL included language in the ruling stipulating that a forfeiture, or altering, of the team's picks was still possible but that nothing would be finalized on that until the spring. Many have taken that to mean the league would not impose any draft-pick penalties, or was including the language as something of an idle threat.

However, such assumptions are untrue, and there will be draft-pick compensation I'm told.

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24368513/steelers-will-face-draft-pick-compensation-from-mike-tomlin-incident

tube517
12-08-2013, 10:11 AM
We'll see if LaCanfora is correct. He's on par with Rappashit in terms of accuracy.

I'm not saying it won't happen because we all know who the commisioner is.

salamander
Hey NFL and Roger Goodell: :upyours: :upyours: :upyours: :upyours: :upyours:

Dwinsgames
if asshat Goodell does this someone just might shoot him at some point in the first round festivities ( if not before ) and it might not even be a steeler fan just think how many less BOO's Yets fans would have if they would have been docked picks

st33lersguy
12-08-2013, 10:58 AM
What does it even matter, Pittsburgh still lost. What an imbecile

Texasteel
12-08-2013, 11:11 AM
if asshat Goodell does this someone just might shoot him at some point in the first round festivities ( if not before ) and it might not even be a steeler fan just think how many less BOO's Yets fans would have if they would have been docked picks

Doesn't matter to Goodell if they are Boo's or Cheer's buddy. Goodell is a total, look at me, commissioner. He doesn't care if you hate him, or love him, just so he as all the attention. He may be good for business, but he bad for football.

SteelerFanInStl
12-08-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm calling bullshit until it actually happens. Everything that I've heard says that it would only happen if the "missed points" affects the Ravens in some way.

These jackasses are all just trying to get their name in the news by reporting controversy.

Hawkman
12-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm calling bullshit until it actually happens. Everything that I've heard says that it would only happen if the "missed points" affects the Ravens in some way.

These jackasses are all just trying to get their name in the news by reporting controversy.

Have to agree with this. League sources are getting less and less credible.

fansince'76
12-08-2013, 11:47 AM

In that case he'll just have members of the Armed Services announce the picks as he's done in the past to insulate himself from being booed. :coffee:

smokin3000gt
12-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Have to agree with this. League sources are getting less and less credible.

You're right. NFL is turning into The Onion News Network.

HollywoodSteel
12-08-2013, 04:18 PM

I would agree with you on logic alone... but part of me is thinking, how can the league not kick us when we're down? What can possibly go right for us? And then if they don't take away a draft pick, the guy we draft will probably go postal on the whole team and shoot up the locker room next training camp... then Tomlin will wait 4 games into the regular season before deciding to bench him. As you can see I'm having a little trouble being a "glass half full" guy right about now.