PDA

View Full Version : Our second Super Bowl in two weeks - the Miami talk is heating up

Spike
12-06-2013, 01:30 PM
“It’s like a playoff, must-win atmosphere,” said cornerback Ike Taylor. “Both teams are in the hunt for the playoffs. Miami is putting themselves in position and so are we. This is a huge game. It’s going to tell a lot. This game is like a playoff game.”

Wallace expects to hear boos - "I already know how my welcome is going to be -- it's not going to be too pretty," Wallace said after Tuesday's practice. "I'm looking forward to it, though. It's exciting."

Mike Tomlin Threatened by Dolphins -"We'll Run His Ass Over"

"I hope he learns his lesson that he needs to get his ass off the field or he might be in a hospital if it occurs again."

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/05/mike-tomlin-stepping-on-field-miami-dolphins-players-threat-pittsburgh-steelers/#ixzz2miTo4usx

zulater
12-06-2013, 01:54 PM
`Might as well piggyback predictions on this thread if you don't mind Spike? I'm going to say the Steelers find a way despite the make shift line and win a fg battle 19-12

steelreserve
12-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Well, yeah, we need to win this game or we're pretty much toast. I think we will, because the Dolphins are just not that good, and Wallace's head is easier to get into than a bipolar chick's.

steel striker
12-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Yep must win or it's all over for this year and, hopefully with a few extra days to prepare the steelers will prevail.

Shoes
12-06-2013, 02:25 PM
I predict Ike will have 100 yards of PI calls. :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
12-06-2013, 02:32 PM
I predict Ike will have 100 yards of PI calls and 2 dropped Ints :chuckle:

fixed it

Count Steeler
12-06-2013, 03:06 PM
I think we win because Ben > Ryan. However, I expect Wallace to get well over 100 yards unless they give help to Ike.

Is there a snowstorm coming on Sunday?

steelreserve
12-06-2013, 03:44 PM
I predict Ike will have 100 yards of PI calls. :chuckle:

We're not playing the Ravens. Tannehill doesn't have a Platinum Preferred Pass Interference membership like Moonball Joe, so he only gets regular PI. His plan doesn't include fake pass interference when you chuck a jump ball straight up in the air. You need at least the Gold membership for that.

zulater
12-06-2013, 05:35 PM
fixed it

Yeah it's been a couple weeks since Ike dropped an easy interception.

Psycho Ward 86
12-06-2013, 05:43 PM
http://inagist.com/all/406237151316422656/

When throwing passes at Ike Taylor, opposing QB have a passer rating over 100.

whether it be wallace or hartline, whoever ike covers will have a big game

zulater
12-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Good to see DeCastro is upgraded to probable and has announced he'll play. Which free's up Whimper to play left tackle if needed. And if Adam's play last week against the Ravens is any indication he will be.

ALLD
12-06-2013, 06:46 PM
No run game for Miami and they lose by 10.

Butch
12-06-2013, 08:15 PM
What happened in the last must win game against baltimore??? I'm sorry, but I really think this team is done. Even if we beat them we aren't going far this year.
I will gladly eat these words if we win it all, I just don't see it happening.

Iron Steeler
12-07-2013, 10:34 AM
We're not playing the Ravens. Tannehill doesn't have a Platinum Preferred Pass Interference membership like Moonball Joe, so he only gets regular PI. His plan doesn't include fake pass interference when you chuck a jump ball straight up in the air. You need at least the Gold membership for that.
Hahahahaha

zulater
12-07-2013, 11:04 AM
What happened in the last must win game against baltimore??? I'm sorry, but I really think this team is done. Even if we beat them we aren't going far this year.
I will gladly eat these words if we win it all, I just don't see it happening.

What happened is Baltimore is tough to beat at their stadium. Had we stayed more healthy along the line I would have loved us going into this game. I still think they can and will win, but my confidence isn't nearly the same as it would have been if Beachum were starting at left tackle.

I've got no problem with the way the offense has been playing the last 5 games.

Actually outside of the defensive backs I think the team as a whole has played good football since they left Oakland. But that 2-6 start is probably going to be too big of hole to dig out of.

Psycho Ward 86
12-07-2013, 12:37 PM
What happened is Baltimore is tough to beat at their stadium. Had we stayed more healthy along the line I would have loved us going into this game. I still think they can and will win, but my confidence isn't nearly the same as it would have been if Beachum were starting at left tackle.

I've got no problem with the way the offense has been playing the last 5 games.

Actually outside of the defensive backs I think the team as a whole has played good football since they left Oakland. But that 2-6 start is probably going to be too big of hole to dig out of.

new england was good football?

Dwinsgames
12-07-2013, 12:39 PM
http://inagist.com/all/406237151316422656/

When throwing passes at Ike Taylor, opposing QB have a passer rating over 100.

whether it be wallace or hartline, whoever ike covers will have a big game

I think we may be better off not covering Wallace he will drop more than half the passes on his own , if its thrown high he wont jump ( * nor should he have to * ) why help him with flags :chuckle:

* equates to Steeldawg's laws of WR play

zulater
12-07-2013, 07:05 PM
new england was good football?

For nearly 3 quarters it was. :lol:

I guess the difference is at least that was understandable in as much as the Patriots pretty much always kick our asses no matter what kind of season we're having.

Spike
12-08-2013, 08:22 AM
`Might as well piggyback predictions on this thread if you don't mind Spike? I'm going to say the Steelers find a way despite the make shift line and win a fg battle 19-12

the more the merrier - good idea

Steelers win 36-30 in OT

since it seems I'm the only that even cares to make a thread talking about the Miami game

I want to see a real blizzard, none of that little "Wintry Mix" crap

that's entertaining

make it so