PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Cruise: March 10-15, 2014

fansince'76
12-04-2013, 03:38 PM
This was Emailed to us through the board's Contact link (just click on image below to go to the cruise site):

http://www.steelerscruise.com/wp-content/themes/azure-basic-child/images/logo3.png (http://www.steelerscruise.com/)

stillers4me
12-04-2013, 04:17 PM
I hinted very strongly several months ago about how I would love to go on this cruise. Considering we haven't had a real vacation since our wedding in jamaica 13 years ago, I thought I'd get a better response that "that's nice." :mad:

Hawkman
12-04-2013, 04:56 PM
I played in the James Farrior Foundation golf tournament here in Richmond, and I will tell you, Steeler players are a fun group to hang out with. I hope they can get Big Snack and Charlie Batch to attend. Those guys are a blast.

tube517
12-04-2013, 05:15 PM
I played in the James Farrior Foundation golf tournament here in Richmond, and I will tell you, Steeler players are a fun group to hang out with. I hope they can get Big Snack and Charlie Batch to attend. Those guys are a blast.

Big Snack would close the 24 hour buffet :chuckle:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

salamander
12-04-2013, 06:33 PM
I would love to do that...if I could afford it.

Dwinsgames
12-04-2013, 06:49 PM
a list of the Steelers guests are here http://www.steelerscruise.com/steelers-guests/

salamander
12-05-2013, 12:01 AM
a list of the Steelers guests are here http://www.steelerscruise.com/steelers-guests/

That's a lot of players!

venom
12-05-2013, 05:04 AM

No Bubby Brister ?? I'm out !!!! Lol

86WARD
12-05-2013, 05:53 AM
Pretty good list...

Hawkman
12-05-2013, 07:13 AM
That's a lot of players!

It's a big ship!:chuckle:

steelerdiva
12-05-2013, 07:29 AM

Wow!

NCSteeler
12-05-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm already booked on a cruise that week out of San Juan. The Brilliance of the Seas is a beautiful ship, I'll be on here sister ship that week. Ya'll have a blast

ALLD
12-05-2013, 02:07 PM
No Greg Lloyd? Still, not a bad deal for the diehard fan. Some huge names on the list. Ports are minimal because all the activity will be with the players. If I was retired I would definitely do it.

XxKnightxX
12-05-2013, 05:26 PM
How much does it cost ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ALLD
12-05-2013, 06:12 PM
$1k + air pp + for 5 days. Normal cost for that cruise minus the Steelers would be about $400 + air. I live in Florida, so the only air I pay is when we fly to Aruba to start a cruise to the Southern Caribbean.

bong477
12-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Cabins start at $999 (per person) for an inside room, but there is a new holiday coupon code CRUISE36 which will cut the price 40% (and take it down to $599). Code is only valid through 12/31 though. Should work on any cabin that is still available if you prefer oceanview, balcony, or whatever.

steelreserve
12-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Well, let's just hope it doesn't turn out like the Vikings party boat. That I could probably do without.

NCSteeler
03-24-2014, 07:58 AM
Reviews from this cruise were horrible. The Cruise Critic forums hvae many posts about people feeling ripped off, players being no shows. I think who ever was running it made a lot of promises that they couldn't deliver.

One common feeling though was that Shamarko was an excellent guy who hung with he fans all week.

Just came back from the Steelers cruise and have to say I was somewhat disappointed! I had a chief junior suite and the perks as advertised were no where to be found. The special gift was a joke and access to the private lounge where you were supposed to meet steelers players - well they accessed a totally different lounge (diamond lounge) where we didn't have access. Hines Ward, Mel Blount, Donnie Shell, Antonio Brown among other got off in the Bahamas and didn't get back on and Franco Harris, well he got on in the Bahamas but got back off before the ship left port................so meeting and mingling with Franco was not even a possibility....................the most appalling thing I witnessed with my 11 yr old daughter was an incident which occurred after the Super Bowl Rewind of the Super Bowl IX show where a young boy approached Franco who was on stage for an autograph and as Franco reached for the pen an employee for the company organizing the steelers end of the cruise pushed the kid back and then the mother when she stepped in.............it was appalling and embarrassing and you could see that Franco was taken aback from the incident, maybe that is why he left the ship...................in another incident a California fan asked Antonio Brown for an autograph and the fan was asked to dance for the autograph (which he refused) and then Brown asked the fan to do a "crib walk"!which resulted in the fan threatening to punch Brown out - maybe that's why he left in the Bahamas..............the cruise was definitely not as advertised!!! Enough though cannot be said about Moon Mullins, Chris Hoke, Dermonti Dawson, Andy Russell and Hines Ward (when he was there) if every player was as approachable as these players were then the would be nothing to complain about.
It's pretty bad when the headliners of the cruise Ward, Blount and Harris are not signing and notice of this is provided about a month before we set sail.
In regards to the Royal Carribbean the service was lets just "Immaculate"
So, if there is another cruise, my advice, save your money as in this case it will not turn out to be as advertised!

fansince'76
03-24-2014, 08:40 AM
That sucks. Well, if we get any more solicitations for this cruise in the future, I certainly won't be posting it. :(

Moose
03-24-2014, 11:36 AM
I hinted very strongly several months ago about how I would love to go on this cruise. Considering we haven't had a real vacation since our wedding in jamaica 13 years ago, I thought I'd get a better response that "that's nice." :mad:

Look's like your better half saved you money ! LOL

stillers4me
03-24-2014, 06:10 PM
Look's like your better half saved you money ! LOL

It was still a cruise....with an ocean..... and stuff. I'm sure I would suffered through it. :chuckle:

NCSteeler
03-24-2014, 06:51 PM
It was still a cruise....with an ocean..... and stuff. I'm sure I would suffered through it. :chuckle:

That's exactly how I feel about cruising. A bad cruise is still a cruise

Moose
03-25-2014, 06:41 AM
I see where you both are coming from, but I'll take an 'all-inclusive' over a cruise. There's no hidden costs, alcohol is included, food 24 hrs., and as an old Army vet. my feet are still on land ! LOL

Hindes204
03-25-2014, 11:39 AM
I see where you both are coming from, but I'll take an 'all-inclusive' over a cruise. There's no hidden costs, alcohol is included, food 24 hrs., and as an old Army vet. my feet are still on land ! LOL

Im with ya on that one