PDA

View Full Version : Let the league know how you feel!

zulater
12-04-2013, 10:51 AM
NFL Offices

Phone: 1-212-450-2000

Fax: 212 – 681 – 7573

Commisioner’s e-mail:

roger.goodell@nfl.com

Send mail here :

National Football League
280 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017

salamander
12-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Somehow I don't think sending a "Roger Goodell fucking sucks" e-mail would go over well for me. :chuckle:

XxKnightxX
12-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Somehow I don't think sending a "Roger Goodell fucking sucks" e-mail would go over well for me. :chuckle:

Can you send anthrax via email ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Dwinsgames
12-04-2013, 11:08 AM
To roger.goodell@nfl.com

subject Mike Tomlin

I believe the 100k fine was the proper and just thing to do , but as adamantly as I feel that is just I also believe docking of a draft selection as unjust and serves no purpose in this case as no game result was changed by his actions intentional or otherwise ...

I am a lifelong fan of the NFL for 50 years and the game is changing more rapidly than it should as it is , to take a draft selection from an otherwise exemplary organization would damage the so called shield more than the play itself ....

if History is any indication of future results lets revisit it shall we ,

N.E. cheated by filming for YEARS ( not a singular play ) and lost 1 selection when many game outcomes changfed because of it

N.O. had a bounty gate for several years and got stiff punishment fines /susp and 1 draft pick many believe game outcomes changed because of it

Tomlin made 1 gaff that lasted all of 5 seconds at best , no game result changed , nobody was hurt ( except Tomlin's pride and the team reputation to some degree ) and he was fined for his actions , anything further would not prove to be prudent or beneficial to any parties moving forward it will only highlight this more to the public and further tarnish the shield the more punishment beyond today the more media attention it shall draw .... you take a draft pick and it will go on for a few more weeks in the media , and then will resurface during the draft and get lots more attention ...

sometimes the most prudent method of justice is the swift actions and then let it die out fanning the flames causes more damage in the end ...

thank you for your time

zulater
12-04-2013, 11:11 AM
This is what I sent.

Please define what forfeiture of draft picks you can plan to impose on the Steelers as soon as possible. As a devoted fan not knowing is agony. What reason you would have to wait until the final draft order is determined is beyond comprehension. Rewarding the Ravens with a Steelers draft pick is unfair to the rest of the league. Why should the Bengals, Browns, and the rest of the conference suffer over Tomlin's mistake? Did the Browns or Bengals gain an advantage by Tomlin's actions? So why should they suffer by your strengthening the Ravens with a reward for Tomlin's misdeed?

There's no reason to not spell this out more clearly. The way the press release come off it appears as if you may even take away the Steelers entire draft. This is unfair to a loyal legion of fans. Please define exactly what the punishment is soon!

one side only
12-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Does anyone think Roger Goodell reads his own e-mail? If you're lucky a minion read your e-mail before deleting it. More than likely it was filtered as spam and deleted without human interaction.

fansince'76
12-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Does anyone think Roger Goodell reads his own e-mail? If you're lucky a minion read your e-mail before deleting it. More than likely it was filtered as spam and deleted without human interaction.

Exactly.

Dwinsgames
12-04-2013, 11:29 AM
The NFL suspended New York Jets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyj/) strength coach Sal Alosi for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs without pay for his intentional tripping (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Jets-coach-trips-Dolphins-player-during-g?urn=nfl-294916) of Miami Dolphins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/mia/) cornerback Nolan Carroll (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24121/) on Sunday. He was also fined $25,000. The announcement, first reported by Jay Glazer (http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer/statuses/14471176218742784), came hours after an apologetic Alosi met with the New York media to reiterate his regret for the incident.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/NFL-suspends-Jets-coach-rest-of-season-for-tripp?urn=nfl-295447

zulater
12-04-2013, 11:30 AM

I think they recognize volume and tone. They're very self aware and if Steelers Nation as a whole let's their feeling be known I think it could have an effect.

Now if you go f bombing with every other word then I'm sure that would be an automatic delete. But if you word it respectfully who knows? What can it hurt? I doubt they have the power to order an IRS audit like the President would do if you sent him critical mail. :lol:

fansince'76
12-04-2013, 11:32 AM
The NFL suspended New York Jets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyj/) strength coach Sal Alosi for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs without pay for his intentional tripping (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Jets-coach-trips-Dolphins-player-during-g?urn=nfl-294916) of Miami Dolphins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/mia/) cornerback Nolan Carroll (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24121/) on Sunday. He was also fined $25,000. The announcement, first reported by Jay Glazer (http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer/statuses/14471176218742784), came hours after an apologetic Alosi met with the New York media to reiterate his regret for the incident.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/NFL-suspends-Jets-coach-rest-of-season-for-tripp?urn=nfl-295447

Yet the Jets aren't having draft pick(s) held over their heads for it. Imagine that. :coffee:

zulater
12-04-2013, 11:34 AM
I would rather have seen Tomlin suspended for 1 or 2 games than lose draft picks.

MrPgh
12-04-2013, 11:37 AM
No offense, but this isn't going anywhere.

zulater
12-04-2013, 11:40 AM
No offense, but this isn't going anywhere.

Probably not, but it's my time if I want to e-mail and or call the league office and encourage others to do the same.

zulater
12-04-2013, 11:49 AM
The thing that pisses me off most is the lack of clarity on this thing. If you're going to take draft pick(s) give us a ball park estimate of what rounds you're looking at and how many picks? If you can't determine today why not? Are Tomlin's sideline actions for the rest of the season part of the decision? If so why not lay that out there?

Dwinsgames
12-04-2013, 12:00 PM
The thing that pisses me off most is the lack of clarity on this thing. If you're going to take draft pick(s) give us a ball park estimate of what rounds you're looking at and how many picks? If you can't determine today why not? Are Tomlin's sideline actions for the rest of the season part of the decision? If so why not lay that out there?

see what pisses me off about it is different ...

a precedence was set with the Jets where the strength and conditioning coach interfered and made contact with a player tripping him ... 25k fine and balance of the season suspension ( 3 games )

now contact was made there not just forcing a change of direction of the player .....

so if they forgo the suspension for Tomlin the fine should increase and it did .....

to take away draft picks is beyond what they did with someone who actually made contact with the player and without question changed the outcome of the play and the game to some degree because the player was hurt and out of the game for several plays afterwards ... no such thing happened in this Tomlin case ....

so increase in fine , increase in potentially long term punishment ( by losing a draft pick who could at some point be a star and effect future games ) for LESS of a infraction is ludicrous yet potentially the outcome

zulater
12-04-2013, 12:06 PM

a precedence was set with the Jets where the strength and conditioning coach interfered and made contact with a player tripping him ... 25k fine and balance of the season suspension ( 3 games )

now contact was made there not just forcing a change of direction of the player .....

so if they forgo the suspension for Tomlin the fine should increase and it did .....

to take away draft picks is beyond what they did with someone who actually made contact with the player and without question changed the outcome of the play and the game to some degree because the player was hurt and out of the game for several plays afterwards ... no such thing happened in this Tomlin case ....

so increase in fine , increase in potentially long term punishment ( by losing a draft pick who could at some point be a star and effect future games ) for LESS of a infraction is ludicrous yet potentially the outcome

Everything you say is perfectly logical. But I will say this. A head coach should be held to a higher standard than a position coach. \\

\But not this much higher.

Dwinsgames
12-04-2013, 12:08 PM
But I will say this. A head coach should be held to a higher standard than a position coach. \\

\But not this much higher.

I think he has been , the fine was higher ( 4 times higher ) for less of an infraction ... no contact was made with the player , no player was injured .....

Bluecoat96
12-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Here's what I sent-

Dear Roger-

You are a stupid-head.

Sincerely,
msafford

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I really didn't send that, but I would like to send something when I get home from work, so I have time to think. Hey...there's a small chance in hell he could read it. I do have a knack for getting under peoples' skin. (ex: Jamison Hensley)

zulater
12-04-2013, 12:27 PM
I think he has been , the fine was higher ( 4 times higher ) for less of an infraction ... no contact was made with the player , no player was injured .....

Good point.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what I sent-

Dear Roger-

You are a stupid-head.

Sincerely,
msafford

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I really didn't send that, but I would like to send something when I get home from work, so I have time to think. Hey...there's a small chance in hell he could read it. I do have a knack for getting under peoples' skin. (ex: Jamison Hensley)

This was my first choice which I deleted.

Dear Roger I hope you get caught in a brothel raid, and your hooker is hanging meat between her ( his) legs. .

Moose
12-04-2013, 12:29 PM
I think the Rooney's, the F.O. and Tomlin are talking with the league, and I'm sure their conversations are going to have a lot more power and make a lot more sense than anything emailed from the 'fans'. Just my opinion.

fansince'76
12-04-2013, 12:50 PM
I have no problem with the fine. I would have no problem with a suspension for Tomlin either. I understand that what he did was serious and a message needs to be sent. However, the threat of losing draft pick(s), and particularly keeping everyone in suspense as to when/if it will happen based on how the season as a whole shakes out is completely ridiculous. Whatever happened to speedy due process?

Craic
12-04-2013, 01:05 PM
I have no problem with the fine. I would have no problem with a suspension for Tomlin either. I understand that what he did was serious and a message needs to be sent. However, the threat of losing draft pick(s), and particularly keeping everyone in suspense as to when/if it will happen based on how the season as a whole shakes out is completely ridiculous. Whatever happened to speedy due process?
This.

However, my guess is that the "draft picks" question is a threat to the rest of the league. "No, we won't do it this time, but if ANYONE does it again . . ."

MrPgh
12-04-2013, 01:17 PM

I agree with this. If the NFL really wants to send a message, send it NOW. Strip draft picks NOW or suspend Tomlin to send him a big message. Don't wait until after the Super Bowl.

bayz101
12-04-2013, 02:29 PM
212-450-2027 is Rogers personal office phone number. Have fun.

MrPgh
12-04-2013, 02:33 PM
212-450-2027 is Rogers personal office phone number. Have fun.

Have you by chanced called that number before?

bayz101
12-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Have you by chanced called that number before?

"Hello, you have reached the office of the commissioner of the National Football League."

I just called and left my message. The number belongs to the NFL office. That I CAN confirm.

Moose
12-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Great ..... emails AND phone calls ! You know this could have a REVERSE result. Piss 'em off so much that they DO take away draft picks. LOL. Just a thought.

X-Terminator
12-04-2013, 04:57 PM
What difference does it make? The day the Steelers rejected the current CBA was the day they received their last fair shake from the league and Der Kommissar, not that they had gotten any before then.

Devilsdancefloor
12-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Can you send anthrax via email ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOd6quxaphA

one side only
12-05-2013, 02:11 PM
A draft pick will only be forfeited if the 4 point difference between the potential Jacoby Jones touchdown and field goal that was scored on that possession comes into play during the tiebreaking process to determine playoff teams / seeds. In other words, if the Ravens miss the playoffs because of a point differential tiebreaker of 4 points or less, then the league will consider taking a draft choice from the Steelers. The odds of this happening are extremely low.

Craic
12-05-2013, 02:27 PM
A draft pick will only be forfeited if the 4 point difference between the potential Jacoby Jones touchdown and field goal that was scored on that possession comes into play during the tiebreaking process to determine playoff teams / seeds. In other words, if the Ravens miss the playoffs because of a point differential tiebreaker of 4 points or less, then the league will consider taking a draft choice from the Steelers. The odds of this happening are extremely low.

IF this is true, then it makes a lot more sense and I have to admit, lands within the realm of fair punishment . . . depending on the pick. First? Absolutely not. 3rd? yeah.

Here's a scenario for everyone. Ravens lose to cincy, Cincy loses a few games, at the end of the year, Ravens, Cincy, and Steelers are all tied with a win and a loss each in head to head. Let's SAY that everything else is equal and the Steelers get the nod on points (again, not saying it's possible, just a what if), could you imagine the furor of the Steelers advancing if the point differential between them and the Ravens which allows them to advance is less than four points? :chuckle:

tihmtahm
12-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Dear Roger I hope you get caught in a brothel raid, and your hooker is hanging meat between your cheeks. (whichever cheeks you choose).

Fixed it for ya.

steelreserve
12-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Read it? Even if Roger Goodell himself were forced to spend a whole day locked in a room listening to what I think, including taking notes on it and being tested at the end, it wouldn't change a fucking thing. See, fans like us are the uneducated rabble who need to see the light. The league couldn't possibly learn anything from listening to what we want; it only works in the other direction.

Count Steeler
12-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Fans = $
$ = pay increase for Goodell

Still amazes me how much he makes and the revenue level of this watered down version of football. Fantasy football is what keeps bringing in the numbers. I'm pretty sure discerning fans may follow their own teams and not much else.

I'm in the minority with my religious and political views. Why should football be any different?

Seven
12-05-2013, 09:54 PM
1. I really don't see the league taking any draft picks away.

2. If they do, it will likely be based on something such as whether or not the Ravens make the playoffs if it comes down to a point tie breaker. The problem I have with this is, they would be penalizing based on results, not actions. It's an ends justify the means argument. If Tomlin's error was worth taking picks from the Steelers, take the picks. It shouldn't matter if the incident has any impact moving forward. This is one of the same problems that plagues our nations justice system. Crimes should be penalized for what they are, not what happened because of them.

GBMelBlount
12-05-2013, 10:54 PM

I will be shocked if any draft picks are taken.

I think it is nothing more than posturing and attention whoring by an arrogant attorney with a God complex.

Dwinsgames
12-06-2013, 11:39 AM
I will be shocked if any draft picks are taken.

I think it is nothing more than posturing and attention whoring by an arrogant attorney with a God complex.

and let us pray you are correct ( and you probably are )

Butch
12-06-2013, 08:06 PM
The only thing "That Idiot" will understand is $$$. We line his pockets everytime we buy anything Steelers.

As for us stirring the pot with phone calls and emails...I sincerely doubt any of this will swade someone who already has his own personal agenda.

He trumped up charges on the Saints and was never able to prove anything yet suspended players and a head coach. He hands out punishments willy nilly and seems to turn a blind eye or bring the wrath based on whatever the press (BSPN) tells him he should do.

HollywoodSteel
12-07-2013, 06:39 PM
IF this is true, then it makes a lot more sense and I have to admit, lands within the realm of fair punishment . . . depending on the pick. First? Absolutely not. 3rd? yeah.

Here's a scenario for everyone. Ravens lose to cincy, Cincy loses a few games, at the end of the year, Ravens, Cincy, and Steelers are all tied with a win and a loss each in head to head. Let's SAY that everything else is equal and the Steelers get the nod on points (again, not saying it's possible, just a what if), could you imagine the furor of the Steelers advancing if the point differential between them and the Ravens which allows them to advance is less than four points? :chuckle:

I say that even if it somehow comes down to this 4 point differential, you still don't take a draft pick. I'm fine with the punishment Tomlin received, and if they had suspended him that would have been okay too. But to say that you know for sure what the final score in that game would have been had Tomlin not done what he did is ridiculous. For all we know if the Ravens had scored a TD on that return the Steelers would have come back and won the game instead of falling short. Everything would have been different. This crystal ball stuff is BS. That's like saying we know for sure that the Steelers would have gone to the Super Bowl had the Patriots not cheated. We can speculate that it would have been more likely, but you can't base punishment on claiming you know for sure.

zulater
12-08-2013, 05:46 PM
I think the league let us know how they feel today with the lopsided officiating. Usually if there's a bias it's slightly in favor of the home team. I challenge anyone to make the claim that the calls didn't favor the Dolphins today especially when it mattered most. Helmet to helmet, real or imagined when it favored them. Yes. Us, no. Then when we had a chance to put the game away back to back offensive penalties to destroy the drive. And of course the final nail in the coffin after not calling a penalty on a kick all game, they have to call holding on the Steelers return after the Dolphins took the lead. Putting us in the hole to start the drive. And anyone who understands the importance of field position relative to drive success rate ( like the league surely does) knows the Steelers were dealt a virtual death blow with that call and subsequent starting field position..

stillers4me
12-08-2013, 05:51 PM
"do you think that was called on reputation?" That should never, ever happen in any NFL game. Ever. And to think they actually call penalties "based on reputation", like they do in every game, every week is a travesty to integrity of this game.