PDA

View Full Version : Is it legal to run a missed field goal back in the NFL?

cold-hard-steel
12-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Never heard of it , never thought of it . Maybe just in college ? It blew my mind seeing that play .Seems like something old Sam Wyche might come up with . I know if it's blocked you can . But i never remember seeing that . (talking of Bamma and Auburn) of course .

fansince'76
12-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Yes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLZN0CabW6s

cold-hard-steel
12-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Wow man , that looks like the same play . Now i know .

fansince'76
12-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Wow man , that looks like the same play . Now i know .

Yeah, I think a missed FG is returnable as long as it doesn't go out of bounds.

Psycho Ward 86
12-02-2013, 02:05 PM
yeah, remember antonio cromartie's 109 yard return against indy a couple years back? wow

steelreserve
12-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Yeah, they do it all the time. The only difference as far as I know is that if a kick is blocked or missed and goes forward past the line of scrimmage in the NFL, it's treated like a punt and the offense can't advance it or get a first down. If it's blocked and doesn't cross the line of scrimmage, it's treated like a regular loose ball. In college, I think you used to be able to advance both, but maybe they changed that too; I don't really know.

ALLD
12-02-2013, 03:00 PM
F the Crimson Tide and Nick the liar.

steelreserve
12-02-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm actually surprised they're even considering putting two non-SEC teams in the championship game, since the whole thing is based on BS and hype. I figured if Alabama lost, they'd just have the title game be Alabama against the SEC champion. Just to send the BCS out in the most true-to-form craptastic style possible.

Godfather
12-02-2013, 08:56 PM

I believe the proper name is Osaban bin Lyin.

ALLD
12-03-2013, 04:32 PM
I am not a Dolphin fan and at one time actually despised them since I was force fed their mediocrity after the early 70s in our local market. Now I feel sorry for them because Nick Saban put the final nail in their coffin and lied about leaving the Fins. He literally bet the farm on college kids he could not recruit at LSU, so he drafted them and busted the team's future. The only thing they need now is to get rid of their GM, Jeff Ireland.

st33lersguy
12-03-2013, 05:36 PM
It's been done before in the NFL, not only that the NFL gives the returner credit for yardage in the endzone (unlike in college where the return goes in the books as a 100 yard return)

Craic
12-03-2013, 06:22 PM

Funny thing is, he did the same thing in Louisville before that. So when it happened again, I wasn't surprised at all.

cold-hard-steel
12-03-2013, 06:57 PM
I am not a Dolphin fan and at one time actually despised them since I was force fed their mediocrity after the early 70s in our local market. Now I feel sorry for them because Nick Saban put the final nail in their coffin and lied about leaving the Fins. He literally bet the farm on college kids he could not recruit at LSU, so he drafted them and busted the team's future. The only thing they need now is to get rid of their GM, Jeff Ireland.

Well , I do have an aliby to run bye ya . You " Have got to have the best coaches in the world " . Anything else will just "get yourself back ta where ya are now " Makes me mad . I did drink a couple double " jack and cokes " ,But that ther is a prettisim to put up in ta thar . We have to Salute the "6" rings . No way around it , You know a better way , please enlighten me .