11-30-2013, 10:51 PM
Trade Pouncey for a early second and 6th
Comp for Wallace (3 )
Comp for Mendy ( 5)
Comp for Lewis (3 )

1) Cyrus Kouandjio LT starter week 1 of 2014

2) Gabe Jackson LG starter week 1 2014

2) Skov ILB Footes replacement starter week 1 2014

3) C.J. Fiedorowicz TE , Millers eventual replacement and will see significant play time in 2 TE sets

3) Bishop Sankey, RB ( the only RB signed in 2014 is Bell ) we need quality depth on the cheap

4) Stanley Jean-Baptiste FS capable of 1 on 1 coverage vs any TE in the league

5) James Gayle OLB learning curve but ST contributions

5) Ricardo Allen CB Nickle / dime back rookie year

6) Cody Hoffman WR will battle Washington for a roster spot

6) Spencer Long OG center capable would make the roster and get a hat on game day

7)L'Damian Washington WR will battle Hoffman for a roster spot the loser makes the PS

SteelerFanInStl
12-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Good mock. I like most of the picks.

I think that we need a CB at the 2nd #3 pick though instead of a RB. We can get a quality RB in the 5th. We're really weak at CB right now and need some instant help although our recent record of drafting CBs doesn't give me a lot of hope.

Did you see the TD catch by Washington against A&M yesterday? We need a guy like that in the end zone.

Texasteel
12-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Good mock. I like most of the picks.

I think that we need a CB at the 2nd #3 pick though instead of a RB. We can get a quality RB in the 5th. We're really weak at CB right now and need some instant help although our recent record of drafting CBs doesn't give me a lot of hope.

Did you see the TD catch by Washington against A&M yesterday? We need a guy like that in the end zone.

I'm not overly excited about this years CBs. I had hopes for the three Florida CBs earlier, but they just haven't played like I thought they might. All though, if we take one in the 3rd, one of those two could be ones to look at. The main problem with Allen, that I see, is his strength. If we could get him in the weight room and get him a little stronger, he could be as good as any of the 3rd round CBs.

I like the picks Dwins.

SteelerFanInStl
12-01-2013, 10:02 AM
I'm not overly excited about this years CBs. I had hopes for the three Florida CBs earlier, but they just haven't played like I thought they might. All though, if we take one in the 3rd, one of those two could be ones to look at. The main problem with Allen, that I see, is his strength. If we could get him in the weight room and get him a little stronger, he could be as good as any of the 3rd round CBs.

Yea, it's not a great class for CBs unfortunately. I don't know a lot about Allen but I don't like 5' 9" CBs. With receivers in the NFL getting bigger and bigger, short CBs are going to have a really difficult time covering them.

I like E.J. Gaines out of Mizzou. I've gotten to watch him a lot this year and he's had a very good year. He's got good coverage and ball skills and plays the run well also.

Godfather
12-01-2013, 10:42 AM
We should invite a basketball player to camp as an undrafted free agent--but instead of making him a TE, make him a linebacker. Use him to cover Antonio Gates/Tony Gonzalez/Gronk.

Dwinsgames
12-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Yea, it's not a great class for CBs unfortunately. I don't know a lot about Allen but I don't like 5' 9" CBs. With receivers in the NFL getting bigger and bigger, short CBs are going to have a really difficult time covering them.

I like E.J. Gaines out of Mizzou. I've gotten to watch him a lot this year and he's had a very good year. He's got good coverage and ball skills and plays the run well also.

I have no issue with 5'9 CB's ( obviously ) provided they are slot cover guys and not intended to play outside ... Allen IMO is one of those guys and he has ball skills ( he does play much bigger than 5'9 by the way ) he has ridiculous vertical ability