PDA

View Full Version : Steelers-Ravens Thanksgiving Game-Annually

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2013, 12:42 PM
What would you think of a Steelers-Ravens game every Thanksgiving, alternating home field every other year?

I think most NFL fans would prefer that to whomever Dallas and Detroit are hosting 90% of the time.

Biased? Certainly. But I can't think of a better match-up for the prime time game on Turkey Day than Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore, followed next year by Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh.

What say you?

smokin3000gt
11-30-2013, 12:54 PM
I agree, even if it weren't Pitt v Balti, it should still be a divisional game. Turkey day football has been a disappointment to me as long as it's been Dallas and Detroit. Eff those teams, why are we forced to watch those losers? Of course I am biased too but Steelers/Ravens is good football whether you like either team or not.

Steeldude
11-30-2013, 01:30 PM
What would you think of a Steelers-Ravens game every Thanksgiving, alternating home field every other year?

I think most NFL fans would prefer that to whomever Dallas and Detroit are hosting 90% of the time.

Biased? Certainly. But I can't think of a better match-up for the prime time game on Turkey Day than Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore, followed next year by Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh.

What say you?

The Steelers' O-line is far too fragile to play game within 4 days of each other. They can barely handle a week.

Mojouw
11-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Th attraction of a Steelers - Ravens game over the last several years has been based on two things; high quality teams and ferocious physicality.

The Ravens and Steelers have both taken the quality of the table and the NFL has taken the physicality off the menu.

So, no, I don't think most people beyond the Pittsburgh and Baltimore fan bases would really care to watch.

Dwinsgames
11-30-2013, 01:54 PM

What say you?

the league would never go with anything like this ....

reason .... it makes to much sense

Mistah Q
11-30-2013, 01:59 PM
I love it for a simple reason:

We only get four days to prepare for Baltimore, but they only have four days to prepare for us too. Then, we have 10 days to prepare for next week's opponent. It's a nice little reprieve after a tough divisional game.

However, it might not make sense for the league. "Pittsburgh vs Baltimore" isn't exactly what it used to be...

zulater
11-30-2013, 03:01 PM
No thanks. I like my Thanksgiving stress free. I would rather have the games as background music and enjoy the company I'm keeping more.

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2013, 03:28 PM
I agree, even if it weren't Pitt v Balti, it should still be a divisional game. Turkey day football has been a disappointment to me as long as it's been Dallas and Detroit. Eff those teams, why are we forced to watch those losers? Of course I am biased too but Steelers/Ravens is good football whether you like either team or not.

I love it for a simple reason:

We only get four days to prepare for Baltimore, but they only have four days to prepare for us too. Then, we have 10 days to prepare for next week's opponent. It's a nice little reprieve after a tough divisional game.

However, it might not make sense for the league. "Pittsburgh vs Baltimore" isn't exactly what it used to be...

Neither team is playing up to expectations this year, but that happens to every NFL team. The difference is ours and yours only lasts a year or two. Look at Detroit! Look how long it's been since the Cowboys did anything in the post-season. Yeah, the modern NFL loves a Manning-Brady shoot out, but plenty of fans still like to see a smashmouth football game. And no two franchises consistently bring it on year after year like the Steelers and Ravens.

Craic
11-30-2013, 03:41 PM
No thanks. I like my Thanksgiving stress free. I would rather have the games as background music and enjoy the company I'm keeping more.

LMAO. Yeah, I think I'm in this camp.

Count Steeler
11-30-2013, 03:53 PM
I don't like it. I hate staying up late, because I get up early. And I'm Canadian, so I don't have a 4 day weekend.

Don't know why the NFL picked Thursday nights anyways. Why not Saturday nights? College can go back to day games.

tube517
11-30-2013, 08:47 PM

LMAO. Yeah, I think I'm in this camp.

Ditto. I'm already stressed fighting with my wife over the dark meat of the turkey. Add this into the mix and the ambulance is on speed dial.

X-Terminator
11-30-2013, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't mind it at all. It's good football, which is really all I care about right now. I'm not as emotionally attached to the Steelers as most others here (I'm still a HUGE fan, so don't take that the wrong way), so it wouldn't stress me out.

Mistah Q
11-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Yeah I'm not real emotionally invested either... gave that up several years ago. People try to draw me into all kinds of sports smack talk and I'm like... what? I think it would be a good thing to see, and nice for the team to get that 10 day break after the game this late in the season.