PDA

View Full Version : Think the Patriots would still want Sanders?

MrPgh
11-28-2013, 10:53 PM
After tonight, I be they're glad the Steelers didn't take their 3rd round pick.

Seven
11-28-2013, 10:54 PM
He has all the talent in the world and is a solid receiver for most of the game, but he chokes in almost every single big moment.

86WARD
11-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Not for a third round pick...matching that offer is going to go down as one of the piss-poor management moves that this front-office has been putting out lately.

MrPgh
11-28-2013, 10:57 PM
Could you imagine the hissy fits Brady would throw if Sanders dropped passes like he did tonight?

Devilsdancefloor
11-28-2013, 11:07 PM
E88 is not a #2 WR he proves it every game id sit him play wheaton in the #2

steel9guy
11-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Remember his fumble in the ravens game last year and near fumble in the cowboys game at critical moments? He's a joke and isn't needed around here. Especially doing his stupid ray lewis dance when we were getting killed.

Nadroj 20
11-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Let Jericho be the #2 and wheaton gets more PT

Seven
11-28-2013, 11:26 PM
E88 is not a #2 WR he proves it every game id sit him play wheaton in the #2
I think he is a #2, but a poor quality #2. I miss Hines & Santonio. If I were the Steelers I'd play Cotchery over Sanders. Wheaton hasn't shown me anything so I'd leave Sanders at #3. But he's definitely not the guy I want Ben looking for when it counts.

jmen09
11-28-2013, 11:36 PM
It is time to cut Sanders. My request isn't just based on this game. In the last 2-3 years, he has failed - I repeat - failed to make the big play when called upon. JC should be the number 2, with Wheaton being the number 3. Also, he doesn't seem to be the best of teammates. Whenever there is a mix up or a bad ball, he seems to pout. I'm just tired of him. I like what I see in the steelers though, they have some very nice pieces to work with. Both lines look much improved, the skill players for the most part look good, and Ben has made strides. I truly believe Ben will win at least one more ring for the steelers.

Psycho Ward 86
11-28-2013, 11:41 PM
He has all the talent in the world and is a solid receiver for most of the game

lol nope. you call an easy TD drop, an easy deep pattern drop, and an easy game-tying 2 point conversion drop solid for most of the game? he played like a back up of a back up tonight. and most of the season really

jmen09
11-28-2013, 11:42 PM
Also, besides Sanders, I can't stand it when we go run-run-run-run-run on our first 5 plays!! Throw the ball! I hate when the steelers waste possessions.

steelerdude15
11-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Just like many of you, I would move Cotch into the number two spot. His play has been much better this year than Manny's and he has been a far more dependable receiver all around.

fansince'76
11-28-2013, 11:50 PM
Also, besides Sanders, I can't stand it when we go run-run-run-run-run on our first 5 plays!! Throw the ball! I hate when the steelers waste possessions.

You can thank Art II for that.

Seven
11-28-2013, 11:50 PM
lol nope. you call an easy TD drop, an easy deep pattern drop, and an easy game-tying 2 point conversion drop solid for most of the game? he played like a back up of a back up tonight. and most of the season really
What do you mean "nope"? Most games he's a solid receiver until big moments. Drops few balls, has 4.4 speed, is evasive after the catch. He just has a habit of choking. How does my statement = "nope"?

jmen09
11-28-2013, 11:57 PM
IMO, if you can't make plays when plays are needed, it doesn't matter how fast you are. Too many drops in key situations, and too many fumbles in key situations. Next WR up.

fansince'76
11-28-2013, 11:59 PM
IMO, if you can't make plays when plays are needed, it doesn't matter how fast you are. Too many drops in key situations, and too many fumbles in key situations. Next WR up.

Yep. That's ultimately why Wallace's overpaid ass was sent packing. Wasn't just the two pointer either - he dropped two others which were very catchable and potentially game-changing plays.

Psycho Ward 86
11-28-2013, 11:59 PM
What do you mean "nope"? Most games he's a solid receiver until big moments. Drops few balls, has 4.4 speed, is evasive after the catch. He just has a habit of choking. How does my statement = "nope"?

because of my previous post. those catches werent big moments. they were routine catches. sure, the 2 point conversion was a big moment, but it was still a routine catch.

sanders has been dropping many balls regardless of what dumb websites like Sporting Charts says. no one in the nfl cares about his 40 yard dash speed because its not intimidating. haley said sanders as a starter is now playing his natural position at flanker and this type of stuff is all he can come up with. pitiful. and he chokes too. ill laugh if this boy thinks he's worth anything more than 3 million a year to any team

Steeldude
11-29-2013, 07:45 AM
So much for Tomlin's talk about holding player responsible for poor play. I guess that only applies to easy targets like punters.

Where is Wheaton? Do not be surprised if he is rotting on the bench next season too. They will wait until his 4th season to play him. This way they will lose him to free agency. Just like how the Steelers will probably lose Worilds.

86WARD
11-29-2013, 10:18 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/30/uma7eje7.jpg

X-Terminator
11-29-2013, 10:51 AM
OK fans, it's one thing to bash him here or on other forums, but taking it to his personal Facebook page? Really? And then they have the nerve to get upset when they get "snubbed" by athletes? Can you blame them? I hope all their accounts get nuked. Jackasses.

SteelerFanInStl
11-29-2013, 11:33 AM
OK fans, it's one thing to bash him here or on other forums, but taking it to his personal Facebook page? Really? And then they have the nerve to get upset when they get "snubbed" by athletes? Can you blame them? I hope all their accounts get nuked. Jackasses.

I agree and that's exactly why, if I were a professional athlete, I wouldn't even be on social media.

I have no love for Sanders but that's too much.

Steeldude
11-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Maybe Sanders will realize that catching the ball is more important than dancing.