PDA

View Full Version : Zero's and Hero's, Steelers @ Ravens loss.

zulater
11-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Zero's: Shaun Suisham, Ike Taylor, and the NFL for screwing us on the schedule.

Hero's. Big Ben, yeah I guess we lost because he threw over 30 times. :sarcasm: But regardless I thought he played a brilliant game. Not perfect, but damn near in the 2nd half. Heath Miller. Man he came through down the stretch. Offensive line. Again the pass protection was above the line. Jason Worilds. Two more sacks, Lamarr who?

steeldawg
11-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Zero: special teams, sushi, taylor, and many sanders.

Hero: Ben, he is the franchise. Bell great game all around, rushing, receiving, blocking and effort. O-line another stellar showing.

Edman
11-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Goat: Manny Sanders.

Still a holdover from Mike Wallace's Chump days. We need more Antonio Browns and Jerricho Cotcheries.

Hero: Ben.

While he had himself a nice game, he did nothing in the first half. The Steelers needed him to be perfect all the way through, and he was only half-good. Still, we had a chance.

Devilsdancefloor
11-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Zero E88 by far 3 balls he should have caught #11 is your replacement please turn in the 88 jersey you are not worthy

Hero Beachum & Ben

ALLD
11-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Sanders, Sushi and Taylor for failing at their assignments multiple times. Even with a shot at redemption, they blew it. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_VZ8ehfHIGG4/Rxtz9ZY5LuI/AAAAAAAAAfE/9Nz1oW_UHZU/s400/PicardNotAgain_anonib.jpg

st33lersguy
11-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Goats: Limas Sanders, the entire special teams, the declining Ike Taylor

cold-hard-steel
11-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Goat: Manny Sanders.

Still a holdover from Mike Wallace's Chump days. We need more Antonio Browns and Jerricho Cotcheries.

Hero: Ben.

While he had himself a nice game, he did nothing in the first half. The Steelers needed him to be perfect all the way through, and he was only half-good. Still, we had a chance.

Agree with the "SANDERS". We need to drop his ass quicker than he dropped the 2 point conversion . Hit the damn pike loser . Waste of money in my opinion .

Nadroj 20
11-28-2013, 10:54 PM
Of course Sanders and Sushi get the zeros.

Bell and Ben are the heros. Bell layed it all on the line and got into the endzone at the end. I don't like that rule though. I understand if a helmet comes off and the player is still on his feet he shouldn't continue to carry the ball but on the way down? Stupid rule that needs reworded.

I thought Worilds had a good game too.

JayC
11-28-2013, 10:55 PM
heros: the whole offensive line, ben, bell

goat: sanders of course. hope someone else enjoys his inconsistency elsewhere next year

86WARD
11-28-2013, 10:56 PM
Hero: Ben, Bell, Miller
Zero: Sanders, Suisham, Coaching Staff.

cold-hard-steel
11-28-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm just gonna hang out and watch me a good horror flick . Oh yeah i just saw one .

Godfather
11-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Game ball: Leveon Bell. Key plays on a couple of touchdown drives and sacrificed his body at the end to keep us in the game.

Game goat: Sanders.

XxKnightxX
11-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Big zero: Sanders. Guess he ain't doing the ray Lewis dance after this game. Don't think I didn't catch on that sanders. He needs to put up and shut up.

Hero- Ben. He finally got into a rhythm. And Bell. This guy is proving his worth every week.

Misc. the defense for getting under ray rices skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

MrPgh
11-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Heroes: Ben, Bell, Miller, Beachum, Velasco, Cotchery
Zeroes: Ike, Clark, Special Teams, Sanders (x10), Todd Haley, Dick LeBeau, Art II (this jackass's meddling sent the team downward)

cold-hard-steel
11-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Go t me plenty of mix for Mr. Sanders . Like it states , two bags are for sure to fit all sizes . We will make a special pair to fit your size . Takes 2 minutes to fit your size . Takes you less than a second to put us in a winable situation . Dickwad , loser , waste of money , sorry excuse for a so called player !!!!!!!

zulater
11-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Of course Sanders and Sushi get the zeros.

Bell and Ben are the heros. Bell layed it all on the line and got into the endzone at the end. I don't like that rule though. I understand if a helmet comes off and the player is still on his feet he shouldn't continue to carry the ball but on the way down? Stupid rule that needs reworded.

I thought Worilds had a good game too.

He did. I'll edit him on to my list.

SteelerCountry58
11-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Hero's: Big Ben,Bell,Worilds
Zero's: Sanders,D Line and that pathetic piece of dog crap,Todd Haley!

steel9guy
11-28-2013, 11:14 PM
Hero: Ben
Zero: First Half (Literally)

X-Terminator
11-28-2013, 11:18 PM
Heroes: Ben, Bell, Miller, Beachum, Velasco, Cotchery
Zeroes: Ike, Clark, Special Teams, Sanders (x10), Todd Haley, Dick LeBeau, Art II (this jackass's meddling sent the team downward)

Funny, I thought I was the only one who thought that Art II deserved some blame in what's happened to this team. His meddling got us Todd Haley as OC and wanting to take the ball out of the hands of their best player (Ben). If it were up to me, I'd leave Haley in Baltimore and turn the offense completely over to Ben. Because it's pretty obvious that when he is calling the majority of the plays, they perform at a higher level.

The Bark
11-28-2013, 11:23 PM
I haven't complained about Haley's offense this season until last week (running on 3rd and 7 then passing on 3rd and 2 not too far from your own goal line). While last week resulted in a win, this week is a loss and it's obvious to me at this point coaching really is an issue: save Detroit, watching this team's offensive game plan unravel in the first two quarters each week is sort of like watching The Walking Dead on Sunday nights. I just cannot believe twelve games in, this team comes out plays the way it does each and every week. It's really inexplicable at this point, if not the definition of insanity itself.

This team and its coaching staff really needs to be hypnotized into believing the start of the game is really the third quarter and they're down three scores.

Psycho Ward 86
11-28-2013, 11:33 PM
ben was very so-so.

jason worilds was definitely a hero. Magnificient play until he was getting double teamed all day. I thought i was in love when i saw him back michael oher into joe flacco a couple times with ONE ARM. if the coaches dont keep worilds at LOLB, they are officially idiots. bell technically had a pretty crappy game if not for the long run, but he took what his battered line gave him, and did an overall good job. Hang in there warrior

ike and cortez allen are zeroes. cortez is the biggest letdown on the entire team, even more than mclendon. if ike's string of horrible play in addition to tonight doesnt convince you that we should have kept keenan lewis and cut ike, then you are lost. the cap hit would have been well worth it. He's playing on the 5th ranked scoring defense, 5th ranked total defense, and 3rd ranked pass defense btw. with good reason...

EDIT: Dear god, how did i forget sanders. sorry i meant to say HE was the goat of the game. 3 monster dropped passes that were easy routine catches: one on a deep pattern, one on an easy TD opportunity, and the game killing 2-point conversion.

You guys laugh at mike wallace's failures in miami? why? his hands are still on this team. and they belong to sanders.

steelerdude15
11-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Heroes: Ben, Le'Veon, Heath, Jason, and Kevin B.

Zeroes: Ike, Shaun, Cortez, and Manny.

SteelerFanInStl
11-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Zeroes: The Coaching staff for once again not having the team ready to play; Sanders; Ike
Heroes: Worilds, Ben, Beachum

This game was lost because the team didn't show up in the first half. I blame the coaching staff for that.

fansince'76
11-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Funny, I thought I was the only one who thought that Art II deserved some blame in what's happened to this team. His meddling got us Todd Haley as OC and wanting to take the ball out of the hands of their best player (Ben). If it were up to me, I'd leave Haley in Baltimore and turn the offense completely over to Ben. Because it's pretty obvious that when he is calling the majority of the plays, they perform at a higher level.

Yep. I actually blame Art II more than Haley for our first two possessions of the game in particular which were completely pissed away by trying to run Bell right into the teeth of the Ravens defense. Haley is simply doing what Art II wants. 3rd-and-7? Let's run it right at Ngata, that's sure to be successful.

Fucking stupid.

Mistah Q
11-29-2013, 12:11 AM
Ben, Cotchery, and Worilds have to be the "heroes"

The goats have to be Sanders and Tomlin

fansince'76
11-29-2013, 12:18 AM
Zero: The NFL's "safety" rules.

Bell gives up his body and gets his bell rung to score a TD, but thanks to the NFL's "safety rules" it isn't counted since his helmet flew off a microsecond before he crossed the goal line. As a result, the Steelers are forced to run two more plays in order to score the TD, costing them yet ANOTHER player to injury in the process.

Irony, anyone? I'm going to be FURIOUS if Velasco is forced to miss significant time.

tube517
11-29-2013, 07:22 AM
Yep. I actually blame Art II more than Haley for our first two possessions of the game in particular which were completely pissed away by trying to run Bell right into the teeth of the Ravens defense. Haley is simply doing what Art II wants. 3rd-and-7? Let's run it right at Ngata, that's sure to be successful.

Fucking stupid.

I'm also in the blame Art II camp. His proclamation of the running game being front and center was the first step. Although Haley needs to drop the dumb scripted first 25 plays or whatever amount it is.

Steeldude
11-29-2013, 07:31 AM
Were there any heroes? Perhaps Miller, Worilds and maybe a few more.

Too many goats to list. If Worilds is being doubled then where are the other 6 guys on the line?

jb500ex
11-29-2013, 07:50 AM
Were there any heroes? Perhaps Miller, Worilds and maybe a few more.

Too many goats to list. If Worilds is being doubled then where are the other 6 guys on the line?
Exactly everyone stating Ben is a hero we scored 20 points that isn't going to do it in this league. Ben has to start putting points up plain and simple. He is a very average qb at the very important stat

fansince'76
11-29-2013, 08:10 AM
Exactly everyone stating Ben is a hero we scored 20 points that isn't going to do it in this league. Ben has to start putting points up plain and simple. He is a very average qb at the very important stat

Maybe if the powers that be would stop taking the ball out of his hands he would. See: first two possessions of the game as an example. Kinda hard for the QB to really do shit when we're running it up the gut on 3rd-and-7, no? :coffee:

The Bark
11-29-2013, 08:27 AM

Pure nonsense. You realize the only time this team scores points is when the plays are called at the line of scrimmage, right? You also realize this occurs generally halfway through the third quarter to somewhere in the fourth, after we've spotted the other team double digit leads.

It's also hard to put up points when your receivers continually drop catches. Not sure where you've been the last month, but Ben has not been the problem. That the team continually comes out flatter than an eight year old girl drinking Crystal Pepsi in Nebraska speaks volumes of the coaching staff and Todd "let's squander our first seven positions trying to establish the run" Haley.

fansince'76
11-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Pure nonsense. You realize the only time this team scores points is when the plays are called at the line of scrimmage, right? You also realize this occurs generally halfway through the third quarter to somewhere in the fourth, after we've spotted the other team double digit leads.

It's also hard to put up points when your receivers continually drop catches. Not sure where you've been the last month, but Ben has not been the problem. That the team continually comes out flatter than an eight year old girl drinking Crystal Pepsi in Nebraska speaks volumes of the coaching staff and Todd "let's squander our first seven positions trying to establish the run" Haley.

Exactly. Ben is asked to bail this team out time and time again when, and ONLY when, they go down by at least 2 scores. This is the same shit Elway went through with the Broncos before they finally gave Dan Reeves the heave-ho.

Devilsdancefloor
11-29-2013, 08:34 AM

well i think you are right avbout the crystal pepsi this team makes me feel this way
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/huge-bro-wearing-a-swag-swag-swag-shirt-chugs-a-20-year-old

vader29
11-29-2013, 09:24 AM
No heroes for me in a loss but Sanders was the biggest zero.

Edman
11-29-2013, 10:06 AM
Maybe if the powers that be would stop taking the ball out of his hands he would. See: first two possessions of the game as an example. Kinda hard for the QB to really do shit when we're running it up the gut on 3rd-and-7, no? :coffee:

The Steelers ran no-huddle in the first half. Just like how every expert on this board asked.

0 Points.

Ben didn't have a great game. He played better in the second half, but we needed him to be on the mark through 60 minutes, and he wasn't.

For this team to have a shot, Ben needs to be on top of his game, and he's played better the last two weeks, he had a real letdown last night. It's just how it is.

X-Terminator
11-29-2013, 10:46 AM

I see you met our resident court jester, jb500ex. Do yourself a favor and pay him absolutely no attention, otherwise you will drive yourself nuts reading the absolute nonsense coming from his keyboard.

SteelerFanInStl
11-29-2013, 11:13 AM

Yep. We never even attempted to throw the ball down field in the first half. Compare that to the Ravens who came out and threw one deep on the very first play.

steeldawg
11-29-2013, 12:11 PM

Well it's hard when your receivers don't make catches or get open. The guy consistently extends plays allowing us to sustain drives. If Ben was just a drop back and get rid if the ball kinda qb we would be terrible. Lets also not forget the ravens have one of the better defenses in the league.

steeldawg
11-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Yep. We never even attempted to throw the ball down field in the first half. Compare that to the Ravens who came out and threw one deep on the very first play.

Well we did, it hit sanders between the 8's and he dropped it fell down and hurt himself. I think we took a shot to brown also but I could be mistaken. A lot had to do with the defense the ravens where playing, Ben was checking to runs because of the fronts the ravens where showing.

Steeldude
11-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Well it's hard when your receivers don't make catches or get open. The guy consistently extends plays allowing us to sustain drives. If Ben was just a drop back and get rid if the ball kinda qb we would be terrible. Lets also not forget the ravens have one of the better defenses in the league.

There are times BR is running around/extending because he doesn't see the WRs quickly enough. It was the same last year as well.

86WARD
11-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Dwyer has said that Bell is doing well and earned a ton of respect from the vets last night...

Mistah Q
11-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Dwyer has said that Bell is doing well and earned a ton of respect from the vets last night...But if you take away his long run, he's no better than Willie Parker :chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
11-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Well we did, it hit sanders between the 8's and he dropped it fell down and hurt himself. I think we took a shot to brown also but I could be mistaken. A lot had to do with the defense the ravens where playing, Ben was checking to runs because of the fronts the ravens where showing.

The middle of the field was wide open but we didn't take advantage of it.

jb500ex
11-29-2013, 04:31 PM
On that's right for bens entire career it's been everyone else's fault. I get it now its the coaches, wr's everybody but Ben.

steeldawg
11-29-2013, 04:41 PM
There are times BR is running around/extending because he doesn't see the WRs quickly enough. It was the same last year as well.

Im sure there are times when he doesn't see a receiver but for the most part he is buying time for his receivers to get open. I don't buy the argument that ben moves in the pocket so much because he cant read defenses, you don't accomplish what hes accomplished at this level without knowing your craft.

- - - Updated - - -

The middle of the field was wide open but we didn't take advantage of it.

I don't know, I saw a lot of man coverage with the linbackers dropping into coverage, not a lot of blitzing and a soft front.

zulater
11-29-2013, 07:34 PM
The Steelers scored more points last night than any other Raven opponent has this season in Baltimore. That includes the 19 the Aaron Rodgers led Packers scored there, and the 17 the Bengals scored. So it's not exactly 7 on 7's out there folks.

Dwinsgames
11-29-2013, 07:45 PM
The Steelers scored more points last night than any other Raven opponent has this season in Baltimore. That includes the 19 the Aaron Rodgers led Packers scored there, and the 17 the Bengals scored. So it's not exactly 7 on 7's out there folks.

mentioned in in another thread ... we sucked in the first half but made the adjustments necessary to pull out a win , just came up 1 set of slippery fingers short of that chance ...

Mind you the Ravens had the leagues best red zone Def ( not sure if they still do now or not ) and we got 3 second half Tds against them in the redzone

dislocatedday
11-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Ben was one of the heroes last night.

I was at the game in person and I can unequivocally say that Ben's play was superb through my eyes (..not flawless, but still spectacular..). I've been to a couple other Steelers games during his tenure, but Ben had been injured and out for those games. This was my first time seeing him play in person, and I came away even more impressed with him than I already was. Other than a couple of short armed throws into the dirt, and one other bad throw that I can remember, he was money in this game. His movement in the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield is a sight to behold.

As many others have pointed out for much of this season, it is painfully obvious that this offense only clicks when Ben is running the no-huddle and calling the shots. There is almost no rhythm or flow when the scripted plays are run. Unless there is miraculously a major uptick in productivity from the offense when not running the no huddle for the rest of this year, Haley and his system should leave Pittsburgh at the end of this year.

zulater
11-29-2013, 07:55 PM
mentioned in in another thread ... we sucked in the first half but made the adjustments necessary to pull out a win , just came up 1 set of slippery fingers short of that chance ...

Mind you the Ravens had the leagues best red zone Def ( not sure if they still do now or not ) and we got 3 second half Tds against them in the redzone

A. Didn't see it.

B. Still needed mentioning here because the Steelers score or supposed lack thereof was brought up by a couple posters in an effort to disparage one particular player.

Moose
11-29-2013, 09:04 PM
We lost so I don't do Hero's or Game Balls. My GOAT(s) go to E. Sanders because of his drops on balls that should have been caught, difference of game. Also to Suisham on him trying to kick a ball that WASN'T there and cost us 3 pts. Geesh, what a pathetic play.

cold-hard-steel
11-29-2013, 09:40 PM
But....i mean.....well.....if you like the game , then why try to understand it ?

salamander
11-29-2013, 10:06 PM
I see the the Big Ben haters are back out in full force.

Anyways, Sanders gets my vote for goat of the game. He's really annoying me this year.

Craic
11-29-2013, 10:49 PM
On Ben:

Every players has his ups and downs. Ben wasn't exactly lighting it up in the first half, but he also wasn't killing the team. Actually, Ben played well-enough overall to put this team in a position to win the game. He didn't botch the field goal. He didn't fail to stop the Ravens from scoring on virtually EVERY drive. So I can't put the onus on him for losing the game.

In balance, I do spotlight the last throw into the endzone. It looked like a bad angle pass to Manny, one that should have never really been thrown. With that said however, had other elements of the team showed up and played the game, we wouldn't have had to worry about that 2 yard pass to tie the game, so I can't put losing the game on Ben. Also, the pass DID hit Manny in the hands, so bad angle or not, he should've caught it.

zulater
11-30-2013, 04:28 AM
The Steelers ran no-huddle in the first half. Just like how every expert on this board asked.

0 Points.

Ben didn't have a great game. He played better in the second half, but we needed him to be on the mark through 60 minutes, and he wasn't.

For this team to have a shot, Ben needs to be on top of his game, and he's played better the last two weeks, he had a real letdown last night. It's just how it is.

The Steelers called five plays out of the no-huddle in the first half.

After averaging 31 points in their previous four games, largely because of the no-huddle, they called five plays from it in the first half.

What did the quarterback think of that?

“At times, it's hard to do a lot of the things we want to do. But we did it late, and maybe we should have done it earlier. And maybe I should have voiced that a little more. I'll take that on myself, as well.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/5139596-74/roethlisberger-steelers-ball#ixzz2m7iCjJNh

Even though their no-huddle offense worked so well the past two games, the Steelers waited until the middle of their second possession to use that tactic. They did so only four times in the first half, all in the same drive.

Trailing 13-0, they went to the no-huddle immediately on their first possession of the second half and did so five times on that series, resulting in their first score, an 8-yard touchdown pass from Ben Roethlisberger to Sanders.

The Steelers used the no-huddle almost exclusively in the second half — 23 times according to the official play-by-play. Roethlisberger said after the game that maybe he should have asked offensive coordinator Todd Haley to use it earlier. He credited its use for their second-half success.

“Maybe with the no-huddle, going up-tempo, working with coach Haley during timeouts and that sense of urgency, needing to get it done. I thought we did well, but we were a little too late.”

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2013/11/30/On-the-Steelers-Playoff-picture-barely-visible/stories/201311300027#ixzz2m8g7FRYJ
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

86WARD
11-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Lol...

Keep hating on Ben.

cold-hard-steel
11-30-2013, 11:37 AM
So now we are 1-8 on Turkey day . Just give the zero to "Turkey day".

zulater
12-03-2013, 01:46 PM
The almost touchdown to Heath Miller was as great as pass as Ben's ever thrown. The pocket was collapsing, Heath had 3 defenders within 2 yards of him, and Ben threw the ball in the tightest of windows, right on the money to set up what turned out to be first and goal. Ben was tremendous that whole series in fact. Great reads, great throws, even on the incompletions. In fact his accurate deep throws ( remember Sanders drop in the end zone) were what set up the the screen to Bell working so well to convert the 2nd and 24.

After watching every play in the game multiple times Ben had an exceptional game. Better than I originally thought. Yeah he missed a few passes, but he was also pressured on most of those. He also had a few dropped on him too.

The Steelers were a little bit snake bit in the first half. They moved the ball well, then had breakdowns right before they got in good scoring territory. All in all considering the venue and opponent it might have been their best offensive showing in two years.

MrPgh
12-03-2013, 04:19 PM
The almost touchdown to Heath Miller was as great as pass as Ben's ever thrown. The pocket was collapsing, Heath had 3 defenders within 2 yards of him, and Ben threw the ball in the tightest of windows, right on the money to set up what turned out to be first and goal. Ben was tremendous that whole series in fact. Great reads, great throws, even on the incompletions. In fact his accurate deep throws ( remember Sanders drop in the end zone) were what set up the the screen to Bell working so well to convert the 2nd and 24.

After watching every play in the game multiple times Ben had an exceptional game. Better than I originally thought. Yeah he missed a few passes, but he was also pressured on most of those. He also had a few dropped on him too.

The Steelers were a little bit snake bit in the first half. They moved the ball well, then had breakdowns right before they got in good scoring territory. All in all considering the venue and opponent it might have been their best offensive showing in two years.

But but but.... IT'S BEN'S FAULT! Never mind the drops by the WRs or the fact that the defense only forced one punt or the fact no-huddle wasn't used extensively until the 2nd half when the Steelers were down two possessions! The easiest thing to do is to blame the franchise QB, just like Bradshaw was blamed and alienated!

zulater
12-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Lol...

Keep hating on Ben.

I need to take your attitude instead of arguing over it all the time. :lol: