PDA

View Full Version : Steelers @ Ravens Turkey Day prediction thread.

zulater
11-26-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a Steelers win. 23-20

Psycho Ward 86
11-26-2013, 09:32 AM
24-20 ravens to return balance to our expectations

steeldawg
11-26-2013, 09:36 AM
I watch the steelers march to a 31-21 victory over a plate of spiral cut ham and lamb chops.

st33lersguy
11-26-2013, 09:40 AM
I don't know, playing Baltimore in Baltimore is a whole different matter than playing them in Pittsburgh, Baltimore wins 20-13

zulater
11-26-2013, 09:49 AM
I don't know, playing Baltimore in Baltimore is a whole different matter than playing them in Pittsburgh, Baltimore wins 20-13

Yet Charlie Batch beat them there last season. What worries me most is the short week. Combine that with the fact the Ravens played at home last week and we had a road game and the Steelers are really up against it.

vader29
11-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Ike finally catches a ball for an interception this week and the Steelers sneak out with a 24-21 win.

Iron Steeler
11-26-2013, 10:39 AM
24-21 we will have long drives and the ravens will score on a bomb pass quickly to totally screw up our game plan!

oneforthetoe
11-26-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm going to predict the Steelers, but what worries me the most is Ray Rice. We are thin on the d line to begin with and then we have to stop one of the hardest runners in the league. I'd rather have Bert throwing the ball around and take my chances that Troy will make a play or two to turn the game in our favor than I would watching Rice run us over.

tube517
11-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Ravens win 20-17 continuing the 3 pt difference in a majority of games for the past 5 years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Steelman
11-26-2013, 11:05 AM
I predict the Ravens come out firing, go up 14 early, Steelers climb back by halftime to make it close, 13-14. Smashmouth football ensues until late in the 4th, Ravens score a FG, and then Big Ben goes no-huddle and drives down the length of the field for the game winning touchdown to Cotchery. 17-20 Steelers.

How's that for a prediction? :chuckle:

zulater
11-26-2013, 11:52 AM
I predict the Ravens come out firing, go up 14 early, Steelers climb back by halftime to make it close, 13-14. Smashmouth football ensues until late in the 4th, Ravens score a FG, and then Big Ben goes no-huddle and drives down the length of the field for the game winning touchdown to Cotchery. 17-20 Steelers.

How's that for a prediction? :chuckle:

Outstanding! http://www.warrenadler.com/wp-content/uploads/standingovation.jpg

Delraich
11-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Steelers 34

Flying Rats 20

MrPgh
11-26-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm going to predict that I will eat a turkey before this game comes on! :thumbsup:

vader29
11-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Flying Rats

http://i43.tinypic.com/vmry2w.jpg

:chuckle:

ALLD
11-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Steelers open it up because they have nothing to lose. Ben's streak continues as he is motivated to pull this year's team from the ashes. Steelers score a tough win and catch a few breaks as the TO ratio continues to improve. Baltimore has more turkey than defense and Steelers win 31-24.

Psycho Ward 86
11-26-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm going to predict the Steelers, but what worries me the most is Ray Rice. We are thin on the d line to begin with and then we have to stop one of the hardest runners in the league. I'd rather have Bert throwing the ball around and take my chances that Troy will make a play or two to turn the game in our favor than I would watching Rice run us over.

good thing pierce and rice have been horrid this season. somehow i feel like he'll still have a pretty good 100+ scrimmage yard game though. he showed he can still look like the ray rice of old 2 weeks ago

Spike
11-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Steelers 36-30 in OT

steel striker
11-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Short week but, I think the Steelers will win 31-24 Ben will have a huge game. Ike gets a pick to seal the game.

stillers4me
11-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Joe Flacco is a big threat in the Wildcat offense. (watch the top of the screen) Steelers 27 Ratbirds 17http://www.gifti.me/i/SNmCPT.gif

Crow-Magnon
11-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Ravens 27-Steelers 24. I think a short week and Baltimore.at home last Sunday makes the difference.

I cannot believe that the Titans are the #6 seed, and Pittsburgh is #7 and Baltimore is #8. Not after the Steelers disastrous start and the Ravens mid-season collapse. And yet......here we are.

At least, no matter what, both clubs are still battling for a post-season berth, unlike the Texans or Falcons, who really shat the bed this year. Or Cleveland, who never sees the light of day.

This game, and the one against the Patriots (also at home) will tell whether the Ravens can do anything in the playoffs, if theey are lucky enough to get in.

Happy Thanksgiving to yinz!

Count Steeler
11-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Ben shines and will outperform Joe. Even though our D is suspect. 37-24 and Antonio returns a punt for a TD.

tube517
11-26-2013, 09:31 PM
https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1477568_10202728753528217_476369967_n.jpg

Mistah Q
11-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Let's see. It all depends on which defense shows up. I don't really consider the Ravens offense prolific, but they're not the Browns either and it is a division game.

The final score will be 33 - 20. Haven't decided which team is which yet.

zulater
11-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Joe Flacco is a big threat in the Wildcat offense. (watch the top of the screen) Steelers 27 Ratbirds 17http://www.gifti.me/i/SNmCPT.gif

Ravens' Flacco lashes out against wildcat offense

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his team's use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you look like a high school offense."

In an effort to enhance their running attack in Sunday's game against the New York Jets, the Ravens employed backup quarterback Tyrod Taylor in the wildcat. Taylor took five snaps and lined up as a receiver on seven other plays.

Flacco said Tuesday, "I don't like that stuff. ... I'm the quarterback. I want to be behind the line of scrimmage, I want to be taking the snaps."

Flacco lined up at wide receiver on some plays and barely flinched. Asked about his role in the wildcat, he said, "I'm not doing a single thing. I'm not blocking, I'm not doing anything."

http://news.yahoo.com/ravens-flacco-lashes-against-wildcat-offense-190508735--spt.html

Moose
11-26-2013, 09:46 PM
I can't bet against the Steeler's. I think this game is going to be the tell all for everyone. 3 straight win's are great, but I can't put alot on last week's game against Cleveland since they had no QB. This week is the ratbird's, a decently coached team and a decent QB to deal with. I believe it's going to come down to turnover's. Hopefully Ben can continue with the NO interception luck he has going. Troy will make a difference also. I think he may be able to get in Flacco's head. I also think that the 'no huddle' can help us. So, I'm going with a Steeler win. A win will lay some ground that this team finally found the mojo and are clickin' on a way to the playoffs and by beating the bungholes in a few weeks at HOME will clinch a division. If we lose, then well, so be it....the season started off crap so it will end the same way. Go Steelers.

fansince'76
11-27-2013, 07:39 AM
17-14, Steelers.

vader29
11-27-2013, 09:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpbOMDpg94w

salamander
11-27-2013, 09:44 AM
I predict yet another typical Steelers-Ravens slugfest.

SteelerFanInStl
11-27-2013, 10:03 AM
24 -20 Steelers

Hawkman
11-27-2013, 10:15 AM

I'm going to swap that.

Steeler-20
Ratbirds-13

- - - Updated - - -

http://i43.tinypic.com/vmry2w.jpg

:chuckle:

:chuckle::lol::rofl2: I know funny and that's FUNNY!

dislocatedday
11-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Since it seems that whomever I pick to win these Steelers-Ravens actually goes on to lose for that week.........I am going to take the Ravens 20-17 !!

On a side note, my family and I are actually going to the game in Baltimore tomorrow and we are excited (we live just outside Washington DC). It will be my sons first Steelers game in person. When we bought the tickets a few weeks ago we thought the game would have little meaning in terms of the Steelers or Ravens getting to the playoffs, but things have changed obviously, and now there is a lot riding on this game so we expect it will be another epic battle between these squads.

Steeltreal
11-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Whens the last time we had a 100 yard rusher? Bell goes for 100+ and Steelers win 24-9

zulater
11-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Whens the last time we had a 100 yard rusher? Bell goes for 100+ and Steelers win 24-9

Last year Redman against the Giants. What was that week 8?

86WARD
11-27-2013, 07:43 PM
I feel liek the Steelers are playing much better ball than the Ravens...but the Ravens at home on Thanksgiving Night scares me a bit...

zulater
11-27-2013, 08:26 PM
I feel liek the Steelers are playing much better ball than the Ravens...but the Ravens at home on Thanksgiving Night scares me a bit...

Scares me a lot. And call me a whiner if you like but doesn't it seem unfair that the road team in a Thursday night affair is coming off a road game, while the home team is coming off a home game? It's already a short week, and now you've essentially given the Ravens a day's advantage on top of it.

cold-hard-steel
11-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Scares me a lot. And call me a whiner if you like but doesn't it seem unfair that the road team in a Thursday night affair is coming off a road game, while the home team is coming off a home game? It's already a short week, and now you've essentially given the Ravens a day's advantage on top of it.

Zu , the "original cleveland browns " will find an easy access out of their own city . Pick up 95 south and keep on truckin .Don't go north boys . 27-17 .

Seven
11-27-2013, 09:44 PM
31 - 13, Steelers.

Dwinsgames
11-27-2013, 09:45 PM
eat early folks as to not have your meal spoiled if things go wrong ...

this is one of those games , these two teams anything can happen from a nail biter to a blow out either way.....

Hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving

Moose
11-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Since it seems that whomever I pick to win these Steelers-Ravens actually goes on to lose for that week.........I am going to take the Ravens 20-17 !!

On a side note, my family and I are actually going to the game in Baltimore tomorrow and we are excited (we live just outside Washington DC). It will be my sons first Steelers game in person. When we bought the tickets a few weeks ago we thought the game would have little meaning in terms of the Steelers or Ravens getting to the playoffs, but things have changed obviously, and now there is a lot riding on this game so we expect it will be another epic battle between these squads.

Guess you'll find out 1st hand how those ratbird fan's are. But on another note, I'm sure it's going to be a big memory you are giving to your son ! That's awesome and such a great, loving memory he will have.....1st Steeler game, against a big rivalry, being with family, and on Thanksgiving Day !! What else is there to ask for ?! Have a Great day 'dislocatedday' and bring home a WIN !!! Happy Thanksgiving Go Steeler's

steelerdiva
11-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Suisham bails us out on a late FG...the Good Guys win 24-21

salamander
11-28-2013, 09:52 AM
The Ravens are at home on Thanksgiving. I'm scared. Hopefully the Ratbirds will have eaten too much turkey by kickoff time.

cold-hard-steel
11-28-2013, 10:12 AM

this is one of those games , these two teams anything can happen from a nail biter to a blow out either way.....

You could be on to something "Dwins" , considering our record is 1-6 on thanksgiving day . I've done some research on it . 1939 did not work out too well , as we lost to the Eagles . (17-14) . Again we lost to the Eagles (7-0) the very next year . As history has it , we won our lone win on this day against the Chicago Cardinals in 1950 . Story tells it took more than 30 years to lose once again to Detroit at the tune of (45-3). Dallas did not turn out in or favor either in 1991 .Losing (20-10). Here comes Detroit once again in (1998),and throws us on a loss to the tune of (19-16). From what i remember though , we never played at home . Baltimore Browns are as close as we are going to get at a home game . We need a "statement game " tonight !!!!!!!!

Texasteel
11-28-2013, 10:38 AM

I am a little nervous about this coaching staff having this team read so quickly. Have a great day bud.

steel9guy
11-28-2013, 06:50 PM
As bad as I want the Steelers to win this game I'm gonna say 20-13 rats. Maybe this will jinx my prediction.

Mistah Q
11-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Ugh, my prediction: I fall asleep before halftime in a food coma.

I'll wake up at about 5AM and check the score. If we lost, I'll say meh and roll over back asleep. If we won, I'll pretend I was watching the whole thing anyways. Kind of like Super Bowl 14. Everyone I know "was there at the game".

zulater
11-28-2013, 09:47 PM
Something I should have considered before I made my prediction. The NFL totally shafted the Steelers making them play a road Thursday game the week after playing a road game in Cleveland. How do I know this is important? Because for all the Thursday games scheduled for the 2012 and 2013 season, including all 3 Thursday games last season, not so much as one other time did the NFL require a team coming off a road game to be visiting team the following Thursday. Funny the league managed to avoid this in every other case? And yes I know Cleveland isn't a long road trip from Pittsburgh. But New York isn't far from Philly, Philly is close to D.C., Cincy and Cleveland are close. But it's us that get's the shaft. I mean if it didn't matter, why in every other case has a Thursday road team been afforded a home game the previous week? Coincidental? Not.

And the thing is if they could have at least had the Ravens play on the road last week that would have leveled things out a little. But no, Ravens had a home game, and we were on the road. We were fucked.

But all is not lost even if we do lose this one. The Ravens needed this game more than we did. They still have road games at the Lions and Bengals, and a home game against the Patriots. We run the table after tonight and we're in the playoffs I'll bet. And I think we're gonna do it!

dislocatedday
11-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the well wishes Moose. My family and I did have a good time at the game last night. Even though the Steelers lost, they battled hard and it was a classic Steelers/Ravens game. We were seated at the other end of the field away from the endzone where the Steelers last drive took place. It looked like from my view that Sanders was interfered with on that 2 point try, but when we made it back to the hotel and saw highlights I think the refs made the right no call. The defender faceguarded him and interference could have been potentially called, but I don't think it was warranted. Sanders has to make that grab though. Ben put it in an almost perfect spot for him to make the play on the ball, and he did not reel it in.

On a side note, we were treated very well by Ravens fans in their stadium, which was not my experience last time my wife and I went to a Steelers game there a few years ago. I was even able to discuss Ben with a few of them at halftime, and to a person they all marveled at his abilities and said they wish they had him on their squad instead of Flacco.

cold-hard-steel
11-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Talk about fuc- excuse me , lame calls in a game watch the helmet to helmet on Mr. Bell . Why was it not called ? Why not award the td ?