PDA

View Full Version : Game balls week 12 over Browns

zulater
11-24-2013, 02:51 PM
93 Jason Worildis gets mine. Antonio Brown gets one too for winning the match up against Hayden.

Mistah Q
11-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Hang on to your balls... LeBeau's gone Prevent!

fansince'76
11-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Brown, Worilds and Gay for icing the game with the pick-six. Been a LONG time since we had one of those.

Let's even things up at 6-6 on Thursday night, take sole possession of 2nd place in the AFC North and then it becomes a 4-game season.

Mistah Q
11-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Worilds.

Good riddance Woodley... strange as that feels to say.

tube517
11-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Ben, AB, Troy.

Honorable mention to William Gay for 2 big plays.

zulater
11-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Troy deserves one too.

Polamalu Princess
11-24-2013, 03:15 PM
I have to give mine to Troy and the team. Good job today.

Dwinsgames
11-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Will Allen , Troy and Worilds ....

SteelerFanInStl
11-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Troy and Worilds.

stillers4me
11-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Troy and the entire Defense!!!

With honorable mention to Campbell and Weeden. :chuckle:

vader29
11-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Ben, entire offensive line, Troy, Worilds and Gay.

Psycho Ward 86
11-24-2013, 03:25 PM
1) Worilds
2) Troy
3) Gay

in that order. goodness gracious, i think lebeau and butler have no choice but to consider putting worilds in woodley's old spot and sliding woodley out to the blindside.

steeldawg
11-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Team gameball, well excluding Ike taylor.

zulater
11-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Troy and the entire Defense!!!

Except for Ike Taylor.

st33lersguy
11-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Big Ben, the O-line for giving up ZERO SACKS, the entire defense for playing like the defense we were accustomed to seeing, chief among them Polamalu

Mistah Q
11-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Maybe one for LeBeau. Years of following this team have made me hate the prevent D with a loathing passion. After that 2 point conversion it was really nice to see them adjust and attack instead.

Wallace108
11-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Everyone has already listed the obvious players deserving of a game ball, so I'm going to hand out a GOAT.

My GOAT goes to all the Steelers fans who gave up on this team after the fourth game of the season. :tt02:

X-Terminator
11-24-2013, 03:44 PM
No game ball to LeBeau for not having his guys play 60 full minutes. NO EXCUSE for those garbage points and leaving Gordon wide open time and time again late.

Worilds and Polamalu get my game balls. When Woodley comes back, move him to the right side and keep Worilds on the left. And then watch the sacks flow like water. I'd prefer they move Woodley off the roster altogether, but that contract of his is like a 10-ton lead weight around the neck of the Steelers, so forget about that.

fansince'76
11-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Everyone has already listed the obvious players deserving of a game ball, so I'm going to hand out a GOAT.

My GOAT goes to all the Steelers fans who gave up on this team after the fourth game of the season. :tt02:

10-6 and a playoff berth (and even a division title) is beginning to look more and more realistic. Overall, the team has begun to play better and better over the last several weeks. I know it's still a long shot, but damn, it's hard not to get excited about the possibilities.

X-Terminator
11-24-2013, 03:49 PM

In fairness, it's all for naught if they don't beat Baltimore on Thanksgiving. That game may very well decide both teams' fates.

fansince'76
11-24-2013, 03:51 PM
I'd prefer they move Woodley off the roster altogether, but that contract of his is like a 10-ton lead weight around the neck of the Steelers, so forget about that.

If this team somehow finishes 10-6 and goes to the postseason, then it obviously is not as bad as it looked when it was sitting at 0-4 and a "total rebuild" won't be necessary. If that happens, I say they cut their losses, eat the dead money and cut him loose.

GoSlash27
11-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Troy Polamalu gets my game ball for this one.
2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery, and darn near a pick.
If anyone still doubts he's back, this oughtta silence them.
/ on to Baltimore...

steelerdiva
11-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Big Ben, the O-line for giving up ZERO SACKS, the entire defense for playing like the defense we were accustomed to seeing, chief among them Polamalu

What he said....

zulater
11-24-2013, 04:11 PM

http://madbetty.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/homer-simpson.jpg
Ok Homer

Mistah Q
11-24-2013, 04:18 PM
I don't think anyone who's still here has "given up" on the team. But 2-6 with an uninspiring front from the coaches was plenty of reason to start planning for the draft. We might sneak into the playoffs because the Conference is so awful this year, but we're not winning any championships...

X-Terminator
11-24-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't think anyone who's still here has "given up" on the team. But 2-6 with an uninspiring front from the coaches was plenty of reason to start planning for the draft. We might sneak into the playoffs because the Conference is so awful this year, but we're not winning any championships...

They get into the postseason, they have a shot. Nobody thought the Ravens would win a championship last year either, but they did.

fansince'76
11-24-2013, 04:31 PM
They get into the postseason, they have a shot. Nobody thought the Ravens would win a championship last year either, but they did.

With a 10-6 record, no less. After the 9-7 Giants won it all the year before.

There are no world beaters in this league anymore. Every team has at least one serious and fatal flaw. The salary cap, which has stayed flat since 2009 (while salaries have continued to steadily rise), has seen to that.

Case in point? The Colts, who beat the Broncos, 49ers and Seahawks, are getting their asses KICKED by the Cardinals right now (27-3). And this is after getting waxed by the Rams at home two weeks ago.

Steeldude
11-24-2013, 04:38 PM
No game ball to LeBeau for not having his guys play 60 full minutes. NO EXCUSE for those garbage points and leaving Gordon wide open time and time again late.

Worilds and Polamalu get my game balls. When Woodley comes back, move him to the right side and keep Worilds on the left. And then watch the sacks flow like water. I'd prefer they move Woodley off the roster altogether, but that contract of his is like a 10-ton lead weight around the neck of the Steelers, so forget about that.

The problem with that is Woodley will have more coverage responsibilities. Woodley is not really a LB. He should be a DE in a 4-3. Also, I doubt Woodley is going to do well going against the tackle on every play.

I say eat the dead money. A trade would be awesome, but I doubt anyone wants him.

Mistah Q
11-24-2013, 04:38 PM

There are no world beaters in this league anymore. Every team has at least one serious and fatal flaw. The salary cap, which has stayed flat since 2009 (while salaries have continued to steadily rise), has seen to that.

Case in point? The Colts, who beat the Broncos, 49ers and Seahawks, are getting their asses KICKED by the Cardinals right now (27-3). And this is after getting waxed by the Rams at home two weeks ago.
We can put up points with the best of them (IMO) but I'm not convinced our defense can hang with teams like the Saints, Broncos, Patriots,

fansince'76
11-24-2013, 04:43 PM
We can put up points with the best of them (IMO) but I'm not convinced our defense can hang with teams like the Saints, Broncos, Patriots,

I wouldn't want to face Brady in a snowstorm. Brees and Manning? I'd take my chances in an outdoor bad weather/snow game in January/February against either of them all day, however.

ALLD
11-24-2013, 04:46 PM
I think the garbage points are okay since we avoided injuries that may have resulted playing full throttle. We won and it wasn't even close. Although it was the Browns, we dominated for the most part and my heart never skipped a beat. We put it away on the opening drive in the second half. The rest was playing it out.

X-Terminator
11-24-2013, 04:51 PM

Yep. Look at KC - losing 2 straight after starting 9-0 and their once-stout defense has given up 68 points. Plus, they lost Tamba Hali today and maybe for the season. Seattle might be the most complete team of them all, but even they have problems and just lost one of their starting DB's to a suspension. So every team can be beat, even the Patriots despite putting up 55 points on the Steelers. You play that game right now, I doubt very seriously there is a repeat.

The problem with that is Woodley will have more coverage responsibilities. Woodley is not really a LB. He should be a DE in a 4-3. Also, I doubt Woodley is going to do well going against the tackle on every play.

I say eat the dead money. A trade would be awesome, but I doubt anyone wants him.

I agree, but the Steelers won't do it. So get used to seeing him suck on the right side as much or more than he does on the left.

Wallace108
11-24-2013, 05:04 PM
10-6 and a playoff berth (and even a division title) is beginning to look more and more realistic. Overall, the team has begun to play better and better over the last several weeks. I know it's still a long shot, but damn, it's hard not to get excited about the possibilities.

I've been arguing all season that this team doesn't suck. All the pieces were there ... things just weren't clicking. I believed that once things started clicking, this could be a dangerous team if they could get into the playoffs. The question was whether they'd rack up a few too many losses before things started clicking. Luckily, other teams have helped us out. Unless the winner of the Titans-Raiders game runs the table, we'll be in a position to control our own destiny. And looking at the remaining schedules, we could probably still have a good shot at getting in even with one more loss.

In fairness, it's all for naught if they don't beat Baltimore on Thanksgiving. That game may very well decide both teams' fates.

Maybe. But heading into the Ravens game, we're talking about the playoffs. I still like our chances even if we lose one more game, but our chances are a lot better if that loss doesn't come against the Ravens.

Ok Homer
Homer? :huh:

steelerdude15
11-24-2013, 05:29 PM
My game ball goes to the entire team. Everyone did a great job today, especially Jason.

Shoes
11-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Dang, just got back to the burgh last night for TG and only saw a few plays of the game today. A bit on the cold side too. :chuckle:

GoSlash27
11-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Dang, just got back to the burgh last night for TG and only saw a few plays of the game today. A bit on the cold side too. :chuckle:
You missed out. Just like the olden days!

Psycho Ward 86
11-24-2013, 06:53 PM

lol yeah right. putting up 27 points with a defense that shut everything down and created 4 turnovers is quite a paltry amount. An offense that can put up points with "the best of them" should be able to score 27 points on its own

oneforthetoe
11-24-2013, 07:33 PM
I wouldn't want to face Brady in a snowstorm. Brees and Manning? I'd take my chances in an outdoor bad weather/snow game in January/February against either of them all day, however.

Yes ... but what about Brady when he is getting his monthly visit from "Aunt FLo?" Take his Midal and we have a chance.

Count Steeler
11-24-2013, 07:42 PM
lol yeah right. putting up 27 points with a defense that shut everything down and created 4 turnovers is quite a paltry amount. An offense that can put up points with "the best of them" should be able to score 27 points on its own

And 7 of those points were from a pick 6. So really, they only put up 20.

fansince'76
11-24-2013, 11:41 PM

And after perusing the boxscore of tonight's Broncos/Patriots game, I reiterate...

Craic
11-25-2013, 01:25 AM
My goat goes to Haley for 7 minutes of Cowher ball to open up the fourth quarter, all without a FB. it came back and bit us on the scoreboard. stick a FB in there. Everyone and their dog knows we're running the ball. So there's no trickery, and no need for the extra tight end.

However, Haley also put together a pretty decent game plan outside of that. Nice. Ben played well. O line looks solid. Troy is troy. Great to see.

Boy and girls, it's November, and this when it is important for a team to play well. Our boys are getting there.

venom
11-25-2013, 01:49 PM
My game ball goes to the entire team. Everyone did a great job today, especially Jason.

Even " Swag " ? He sucks !!

steel striker
11-25-2013, 02:21 PM
The game balls AB, Ben , Troy, Worilds, Gay and, the o-line keep Ben clean. If our guys can win Thursday night in Baltimore we got a shot to get to the dance. It's also pretty cool that the game against the ravens will mean something. When after the first four games it was all doom and gloom. I'm just glad the steelers are playing much better and, now have a chance to get on a roll.

Steeldude
11-25-2013, 04:17 PM
My goat goes to Haley for 7 minutes of Cowher ball to open up the fourth quarter, all without a FB.

How do you know Tomlin didn't call for it?

Moose
11-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Man, I hate to be a 'bubble' burster here, but it was Cleveland with no QB. My game balls go to BEN and Troy. Ben had a damn good game with NO interceptions ( although he was damn lucky on at least one throw that should have been intercepted) and Troy with the forcing fumbles, fumble recovery and a damn near pick. Good to see Troy coming back in form. Hated to see that LeBeau easing up and letting them get their garbage points.....if that conservative shit could only stop ! Now as far as the win goes, yes it was great ! 3 wins in a row, great ! But it was Cleveland ! NO QB of any big deal. He was hurting from the kick off. Let's not read too much into this win as far as the 'ole' Steeler's are back. Let's see what happens Thanksgiving night. I want to see some WIN's with consistency. If they can beat the ratbird's Thursday night, I will then start to think something is happening. With the bungholes being the only team between us and the Division and them coming to OUR house !! ( I did predict a 7-9 finish and I'm definitely ready and willing to admit I was wrong with a win in Baltimore). Go Steeler's.

X-Terminator
11-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Man, I hate to be a 'bubble' burster here

Too late, Capt. Buzzkill.

:wink02:

Moose
11-25-2013, 08:49 PM
LMAO......sorry 'X' ! :noidea:

Craic
11-26-2013, 05:01 PM
How do you know Tomlin didn't call for it?

Many things are Tomlin, but a micro-manager isn't one of them.