PDA

View Full Version : Butler following in LeBeau's footsteps

LLT
08-10-2010, 07:42 AM
Butler following in LeBeau's footsteps
By Mark Kaboly, MCKEESPORT DAILY NEWS
Tuesday, August 10, 2010

-Dick LeBeau can't coach forever.

And when the Hall of Famer eventually calls it quits as Steelers defensive coordinator, the team is hoping it has a replacement already in place with linebackers coach Keith Butler.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_694159.html

vrabinec
08-10-2010, 08:18 AM
I was hoping this was going to be a thread about how Crezdon Butler is intercepting everything in camp. Oh well.

Hindes204
08-10-2010, 10:59 AM
It's gonna be a sad day in Pittsburg when coach finally leaves, but I think Butler is perfect for a replacement. Groomed by the genius Lebeau, and rooted n the burgh for the past 8 years. I hope somebody else doesn't lure him away before Coach Lebeau retires (in about 15 years or so hopefully, lol)

SteelerSal
08-10-2010, 11:14 AM
There was a thread started yesterday with a good article about Butler in it;

http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/showthread.php?1856-Keith-Butler-is-Steelers’-coordinator-in-waiting

LLT
08-10-2010, 11:23 AM
It's gonna be a sad day in Pittsburgh when coach finally leaves, but I think Butler is perfect for a replacement. Groomed by the genius Lebeau, and rooted n the burgh for the past 8 years. I hope somebody else doesn't lure him away before Coach Lebeau retires (in about 15 years or so hopefully, lol)

I love Lebeau...but it makes me feel better knowing that we have a potential replacemen in the wings that has 18 years of total defensive experience and who has learned under Lebeau's tutelage.

Wallace108
08-10-2010, 11:23 AM
I hope somebody else doesn't lure him away before Coach Lebeau retires (in about 15 years or so hopefully, lol)

:tt03:

This is encouraging ...

Other teams around the league already have noticed Butler's ability and have tried to swipe him away from the Steelers.

Two weeks after the Steelers' season ended in Miami last year, Butler was back in South Florida interviewing for the Dolphins' defensive coordinator job.

After talking to his wife, Janet, Butler turned down Miami's offer.

"It meant more to me about who I worked for and who I am working with," Butler said.

wootawnee
08-11-2010, 07:56 AM
There is no replacement for Coach Lebeau........