11-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Great break-down of Bell's running.

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013/11/19/nfl-closeup-leveon-bells-progress-report/

Dwinsgames
11-19-2013, 11:50 PM
its a little long but worth the read

Mistah Q
11-20-2013, 09:26 AM
I like Bell and I think he has a quality future.

But I still hate how whoever's calling the shots isn't seeing that there are situations not made for him... when you're third and short, and you want to go up the middle... give it to Dwyer

GoSlash27
11-21-2013, 04:47 PM
I like Bell and I think he has a quality future.

But I still hate how whoever's calling the shots isn't seeing that there are situations not made for him... when you're third and short, and you want to go up the middle... give it to Dwyer

Agreed, and I'm also frustrated with the play-calling on 3rd and short. A single- back handoff just plain takes too long to develop. But they keep doing it and ending up settling for 3 in the red zone.

Craic
11-21-2013, 05:24 PM
What's really frustrating me with this run offense is that I feel like it's the worst of Cowher's system and Arian's system put together.

Cowher - no, we're not passing. We're running. If you stop us, you earn the win. Screw it.
+ Arians - we'll show pass all day and then run out of a one back formation to surprise you.

= We'll telegraph run, everyone and their dog knows we're running, and we'll still line up with one back and try to run.

My views on the 3 yards and a cloud of mediocrity are well known. But seriously, if we're going to telegraph the run, then use a FB! I also liked Arian's plays where the FB came in to signify run, and instead, became another receiver. In the end, I still agree with Tomlin that the days of the pure blocking FB are over. But there's no reason we can't use a FB/TE cross much more effectively than we have been.

Psycho Ward 86
11-21-2013, 09:50 PM
What's really frustrating me with this run offense is that I feel like it's the worst of Cowher's system and Arian's system put together.

Cowher - no, we're not passing. We're running. If you stop us, you earn the win. Screw it.
+ Arians - we'll show pass all day and then run out of a one back formation to surprise you.

= We'll telegraph run, everyone and their dog knows we're running, and we'll still line up with one back and try to run.

My views on the 3 yards and a cloud of mediocrity are well known. But seriously, if we're going to telegraph the run, then use a FB! I also liked Arian's plays where the FB came in to signify run, and instead, became another receiver. In the end, I still agree with Tomlin that the days of the pure blocking FB are over. But there's no reason we can't use a FB/TE cross much more effectively than we have been.

for arians you forgot passing everytime on 3rd and short. and if not, failing to convert 3rd and shorts by running everytime (until redman for that 2 year stretch where we were great at it). you also forgot underutilizing the hell out of the RB's and tight ends as receivers

critical but honest. not that haley's offense is really doing anything yet

Dwinsgames
11-21-2013, 09:58 PM
The lack of utilizing Will Johnson in the passing game is a monumental mistake by this Team .

should be another thread I know but does it merit its own thread ?

Craic
11-22-2013, 12:37 AM
for arians you forgot passing everytime on 3rd and short. and if not, failing to convert 3rd and shorts by running everytime (until redman for that 2 year stretch where we were great at it). you also forgot underutilizing the hell out of the RB's and tight ends as receivers

critical but honest. not that haley's offense is really doing anything yet

Not really my point to criticism Arians. My point was that we are so broadcasting run, and doing it with a single back. It makes no sense.