PDA

View Full Version : Redman not settling this time around

LLT
08-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Redman not settling this time around
By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, August 10, 2010

If another stellar training camp serves as a springboard to making the Steelers' 53-man roster, running back Isaac Redman will be able to reflect on how far he has come.

Last year, Redman arrived at St. Vincent College in less than stellar football shape. He barely completed the conditioning test that precedes the start of training camp and labored so mightily during a series of 100-yard runs that Steelers running backs coach Kirby Wilson called it "comical."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_694154.html

SteelerSal
08-10-2010, 07:38 AM
"He's got enough strength and size to play fullback and also be a short-yardage, goal-line runner. He's got great hands so the sky's the limit for the kid," Arians said. "When his opportunity comes, what do you do with it? No one ever thought (former Steelers standout) Barry Foster would be Barry Foster until he got the ball

I'm a root for the underdog kind of guy and I'm pulling for Redman to do good things for our team.

LLT
08-10-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm a root for the underdog kind of guy and I'm pulling for Redman to do good things for our team.

It really is looking good for him. I like to pull for the underdog also....but out of Redman, Summers, Dwyer....who is the bigger underdog???

Redman was a UDFA...Summers is battling to come back from an injury...and Dwyer was a player that was thought to be a potential first rounder and not only slid in the draft but is fighting the perception of being a possible bust.

The RB position has really caught my interest this year!!!

SMR
08-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Redman not settling this time around
By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, August 10, 2010

If another stellar training camp serves as a springboard to making the Steelers' 53-man roster, running back Isaac Redman will be able to reflect on how far he has come.

Last year, Redman arrived at St. Vincent College in less than stellar football shape. He barely completed the conditioning test that precedes the start of training camp and labored so mightily during a series of 100-yard runs that Steelers running backs coach Kirby Wilson called it "comical."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_694154.html

Hope Redman keeps sticking with it. I like the progress thus far.

Psycho Ward 86
08-10-2010, 07:14 PM
I really hit the Dwyer bandwagon as soon as he was drafted, but Redman is just making everything so much more interesting. I still really hope Dwyer makes the 53, if he hits the PS, no way will he make it through a day without getting picked up by someone else. All it takes is ONE team.

steeldevil
08-10-2010, 07:27 PM
I really hit the Dwyer bandwagon as soon as he was drafted, but Redman is just making everything so much more interesting. I still really hope Dwyer makes the 53, if he hits the PS, no way will he make it through a day without getting picked up by someone else. All it takes is ONE team.

I agree. If we want to keep Dwyer he will have to make the 53. If he is put on the PS someone will pick him up quickly. I know he has not impressed yet, but he has a lot of potential as a runner and other teams would pounce on the opprutunity to get him. I hope both Dwyer and Redman make the team.

BPS3akaWirels3
08-10-2010, 07:49 PM
I am so excited to see him making it happen.. I saw something in that kid last preseason and I know he has what it takes... Mark it down.. He will be in the HOF..

I actually had any employee that went to school with him and said he is awesome...

Nadroj 20
08-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I am so excited to see him making it happen.. I saw something in that kid last preseason and I know he has what it takes... Mark it down.. He will be in the HOF..

I actually had any employee that went to school with him and said he is awesome...

That would be amazing considering im the proud owner of one of his RB gloves :)

MasterOfPuppets
08-10-2010, 08:38 PM
It really is looking good for him. I like to pull for the underdog also....but out of Redman, Summers, Dwyer....who is the bigger underdog???

Redman was a UDFA...Summers is battling to come back from an injury...and Dwyer was a player that was thought to be a potential first rounder and not only slid in the draft but is fighting the perception of being a possible bust.

The RB position has really caught my interest this year!!!

at what point did you ever hear an NFL scout say he was 1st rd talent ? the only people that ever put dwyer in the 1st rd were draft geeks. obviously no nfl scouts thought enough of him to even put him as 5th rd talent, and according to what has come out of camp and what was said post draft by the steelers, dwyer is fighting the same uphill battle as every other late rd pick with late rd talent.
i've suggested to people they might wanna wait till he even makes the team let alone get a game uni before they start making predictions on how many yards he'll get this season.

tony hipchest
08-10-2010, 08:52 PM
redman.

suddenness...

glide.

Chidi29
08-10-2010, 09:51 PM
I still dont' see a reason to keep more than one out of the Dwyer, Redman, and Summers combo. Unless we see differently in the preseason, they're all offering nearly the same thing.

steelpride12
08-10-2010, 09:52 PM
I remember watching Redman in pre-season games and even though that may not mean much he sure was impressive and if anything could be an excellent goal line or short yardage player! Ill root for the underdog anyday!

GBMelBlount
08-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Chidi 29
I still dont' see a reason to keep more than one out of the Dwyer, Redman, and Summers combo. Unless we see differently in the preseason, they're all offering nearly the same thing.

Arians said Redman is the Steelers' best running back in pass protection

May not sound like a big deal but I would imagine it can be when you're drawing straws...especially when you have some serious issues with pass protection...

Chidi29
08-10-2010, 11:03 PM
May not sound like a big deal but I would imagine it can be when you're drawing straws...especially when you have some serious issues with pass protection...

Mendenhall and Moore (who is on the decline) are more established in that role. Redman wouldn't overtake either of them.

Galax Steeler
08-11-2010, 03:38 AM
Mendenhall and Moore (who is on the decline) are more established in that role. Redman wouldn't overtake either of them.

Agreed but in order to keep Dwyer we will have to do something with Redman. I am curious to see how this one pans out.