PDA

View Full Version : shits and giggles mock

Dwinsgames
11-16-2013, 02:08 PM
with all the talk about a Potential trade of Big Ben and with my feeling ( and a few others ) that trading Pouncey is a good idea considering we wont be able to keep him beyond next season anyways because of the cap calamity we face here is a Mock based on trading those two players and what I consider proper compensation ...

Trade Ben for a mid 1st and 3rd round selection
Trade Pouncey for a early second and 6th
Comp for Wallace (3 )
Comp for Mendy ( 5)
Comp for Lewis (3 )

loss of our original 3rd for trade up in last years draft

this is the draft to fix what ails this team once and for all

1) Matthews LT we all know this kids pedigree

1) David Yankey OG no need for introductions here

2) A.J. McCarron, QB I predict this will be the best QB that comes from this draft by the time it is all said and done , he does something that many seasoned pros have yet to learn he throws his WR open . in other words instead of throwing to where he is , he throws to where he needs to be , the great ones do this Manning has been doing it for years , Brady does it , Brees does it ..... after that its hit and miss but AJ has this ability and utilizes it

2) Skov ILB we need some POP in the middle of this Def and Skov is the man for the Job

3) C.J. Fiedorowicz TE ( poor mans Heath Miller )

3b) Bishop Sankey, RB good hands out of the backfield with some Young Ray Rice type moves and vision, plays with good pad level and is not afraid of taking on a tackler lowering his shoulder

4) Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB I project him as a big Safety ( 6-2-220 ) with cover ability at the NFL level perfect for 1 on 1 match ups against TEs

5) James Gayle OLB ( undersized DE who can get after the QB )

5b) Ricardo Allen CB ( will be a very good slot corner )

6) Cody Hoffman WR ( long and has some speed )

6b) Spencer Long, OG ( center capable )

7 ) L'Damian Washington WR ( big rangy )

Cody Hoffman WR ( not a polished guy but will go up for the ball and would be a redzone threat that can play physical )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLWVVWHiCL4

L'Damian Washington WR big rangy and a willing blocker also a redzone threat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIngLBgVge4

Dwinsgames
11-17-2013, 12:39 AM
some good footage of Sankey here ( not a highlight real ) but almost looks like one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qmBRwlTx8Y

C.J. Fiedorowicz below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhajt-X2W-4

Stanley Jean-Baptiste below ( would love him as a S )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6xHpOsSGQQ

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

tried to post a few more vids but is trying to update the prior post when doing so and the limit is 3 vids per post .

trying now to circumvent that with new post ...

Texasteel
11-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Nice bunch of names Dwins.

Still not sure about Matthews at LT, but going to keep watching and he may convince me. I know you don't like Lewan, for good reason, but will add one more name. Cyrus Kouandjio of Alabama. He isn't as far along as Matthews, and will need more time to develop, but has the same intangibles, and could be an option if we miss on Matthews.

Yankey is the cream of the crop at LG, but wonder if we will be willing to pull the trigger on two OLs in the first round after spending so many high picks on the OL. Got another name for you. Iowas LT Brandon Scherff. Take a look at him if you get a chance. Very strong, and when he latches onto a defender seldom lets him go. I think he may excel as LG. Probably a late 2nd, or 3rd round pick.

Skov, and Fiedorowics are solid picks, and I like the Jean Baptiiste pick as well.

Thanks bud.

What the hell,,,,,,,,,,, I just read that we are thinking about using Adams at TE. Is that waving the white flag or what. I still think he is our best option at RT.

Dwinsgames
11-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Nice bunch of names Dwins.

Still not sure about Matthews at LT, but going to keep watching and he may convince me. I know you don't like Lewan, for good reason, but will add one more name. Cyrus Kouandjio of Alabama. He isn't as far along as Matthews, and will need more time to develop, but has the same intangibles, and could be an option if we miss on Matthews.

Yankey is the cream of the crop at LG, but wonder if we will be willing to pull the trigger on two OLs in the first round after spending so many high picks on the OL. Got another name for you. Iowas LT Brandon Scherff. Take a look at him if you get a chance. Very strong, and when he latches onto a defender seldom lets him go. I think he may excel as LG. Probably a late 2nd, or 3rd round pick.

Skov, and Fiedorowics are solid picks, and I like the Jean Baptiiste pick as well.

Thanks bud.

What the hell,,,,,,,,,,, I just read that we are thinking about using Adams at TE. Is that waving the white flag or what. I still think he is our best option at RT.

as a blocker ( they have used him for two weeks in that capacity ) calling it TE but essentially just another lineman for short yardage / goal line situations , he was the guy who drove the defender into the endzone and pancaked him while Bell ran in his hip pocket last week for the TD ... Bell gets the credit but it was all adams IMO with a tenacious block all Bell had to do was follow him and he did ..

Texasteel
11-17-2013, 11:48 AM
as a blocker ( they have used him for two weeks in that capacity ) calling it TE but essentially just another lineman for short yardage / goal line situations , he was the guy who drove the defender into the endzone and pancaked him while Bell ran in his hip pocket last week for the TD ... Bell gets the credit but it was all adams IMO with a tenacious block all Bell had to do was follow him and he did ..

Thank Dwins. Adams can play ball. He just is not a LT. He never look comfortable there, he never seemed to know what he was doing there, but he can play.

Back on subject....... What would you think of Jared Abbrederis if we could get him in the 4th, or later. I know,,,,,, he can't do this, and he can't do that, but he always seems to bring the ball down when Wisconsin needs a catch.

Dwinsgames
11-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Ricardo Allen highlight real do not care so much for " highlights" but it does show you this kids fire and intensity along with ball awareness and tackling ability

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkskABaVcX4

James Gayle playing DE but I see him as an OLB in the 3-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX8ZFjsp85s

Dwinsgames
11-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Thank Dwins. Adams can play ball. He just is not a LT. He never look comfortable there, he never seemed to know what he was doing there, but he can play.

Back on subject....... What would you think of Jared Abbrederis if we could get him in the 4th, or later. I know,,,,,, he can't do this, and he can't do that, but he always seems to bring the ball down when Wisconsin needs a catch.

funny you ask me about him , I love the kid , he has heart which is lacking by so many , I think he is faster than given credit as well (claims of 4.59 but I am betting its closer to 4.5 in pads sneaky fast if you will ) reminds me of Jordy Nelson quite a bit ( shorter though but doesn't play shorter ) see him listed at 6'1 and 6'2 all over the place but he plays 6'3 if that makes any sense ( not sure it does but I understand what I am trying to say LOL ) he has a knack for finding that open spot in the zone and getting past defenders and getting lost ( they cant find him but he is there ) and makes the play ...

Texasteel
11-19-2013, 07:20 AM
Well, it looks like the best, draft pick we are likely to end up with is going to be in the early teens. There is still one more OT that could land in that area that could play on the left side.

Dwinsgames
11-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Well, it looks like the best, draft pick we are likely to end up with is going to be in the early teens. There is still one more OT that could land in that area that could play on the left side.

well a couple actually but IF we draft that late these guys are not plug and play guys without some growing pains but have the potential to be very good tackles ...they are just not the guys we need right now in terms of readiness

Antonio "Tiny" Richardson and Cam Erving ( sorry Lewan has a DnD next to him name on my board )

Texasteel
11-19-2013, 05:34 PM
well a couple actually but IF we draft that late these guys are not plug and play guys without some growing pains but have the potential to be very good tackles ...they are just not the guys we need right now in terms of readiness

Antonio "Tiny" Richardson and Cam Erving ( sorry Lewan has a DnD next to him name on my board )

Personally, I would put Erving way ahead of Richardson right now. ( Going to leave Lewan alone till I find more on the situation, I have read the police report on it. He does seem to be dropping for some reason other than his play right now. ) Have a feeling that Richardson could end up playing next to the LT when it is all said and do. I think Richardson will land closer to 20, but, still an option at that point.

Dwinsgames
11-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Personally, I would put Erving way ahead of Richardson right now. ( Going to leave Lewan alone till I find more on the situation, I have read the police report on it. He does seem to be dropping for some reason other than his play right now. ) Have a feeling that Richardson could end up playing next to the LT when it is all said and do. I think Richardson will land closer to 20, but, still an option at that point.

I am not sure if I would Put Ewing " way ahead " or not not just yet anyways Tiny has shown the ability to take guys out of games too Clowney among them ... but I understand you favoring Erving ( many do )

Cyrus Kouandjio should be in the conversation too as a mid 1st round guy ....

probably 5 or 6 tackles go off the board in the first round and as many as 7 if there is an early run on them Ogbuehi and Scherff being the balance of the group that we have talked about

Texasteel
11-19-2013, 08:18 PM
I am not sure if I would Put Ewing " way ahead " or not not just yet anyways Tiny has shown the ability to take guys out of games too Clowney among them ... but I understand you favoring Erving ( many do )

Cyrus Kouandjio should be in the conversation too as a mid 1st round guy ....

probably 5 or 6 tackles go off the board in the first round and as many as 7 if there is an early run on them Ogbuehi and Scherff being the balance of the group that we have talked about

Very much agree on Kouandjio, but thinking he's gone around around 10 or 12, which is where we may be drafting, but I figure, right at the moment, we will be drafting a little later. Just a guess though.

I would be careful with Scherff, just don't think he will be playing on the left side.

Dwinsgames
11-19-2013, 09:07 PM
Very much agree on Kouandjio, but thinking he's gone around around 10 or 12, which is where we may be drafting, but I figure, right at the moment, we will be drafting a little later. Just a guess though.

I would be careful with Scherff, just don't think he will be playing on the left side.

Sherff has everything you want in a starting LT in the physical department except 1 thing ... his athleticism may not be exactly what your looking for on the blind side and occasionally he relies to much on his upper body strength and plays on his heals but IMO everything else is grade A in the things you look for with knee bend , leverage in the run game, ability to lock on his man and not let him get away etc...

he very well may be a Anchor on the right side for a decade that you plug in and forget about it , but he still may be the Best LT on the Steelers per example if we where to draft him and he just might do fine there there have been plenty of guys play LT with less athleticism than he possesses and did ok at it ( Big Max prime example ) that is not in any way an endorsement to draft him before 28 or so and I would not have him as my only option like we did to ourselves this past year with Adams ....

I like him but I am not sold on him

Texasteel
11-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Can't argue one thing that you said, and I have been wrong plenty of times on guys on the left side. Believe me, I've been waiting a long time to have a hawkeye on this team. Sound like you've been watching the same games I have. 28 to early 2nd sounds about right for him. He's been playing very well for us.

Dwinsgames
11-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Can't argue one thing that you said, and I have been wrong plenty of times on guys on the left side. Believe me, I've been waiting a long time to have a hawkeye on this team. Sound like you've been watching the same games I have. 28 to early 2nd sounds about right for him. He's been playing very well for us.

I think we would be lying if we said we haven't ( include the entire free world in that statement )

I just wish we where not alone talking this stuff lol

Seven
11-20-2013, 01:42 AM
Honestly, I haven't seen that much of Matthews, but from what I have seen, he hasn't blown me away. Personally, as crazy as it sounds, I don't know that I would absolutely be targeting offensive line early in this one. I think we have a guy who can play left tackle in Kelvin Beachum and between Adams and Gilbert, hopefully Adams, should have a solid right tackle next season. I'd rather sign a veteran behind Beachum and focus on other areas through the draft. Namely, receivers, defensive backs and pass rushers. I still like Kyle Van Noy and Haha Clinton Dix. I do like your support of A.J. McCarron, Dwins. There are a lot of reasons to dismiss him, but despite them all, I feel like he's going to be a good pro. I'll have to take a watch of the receivers you like, can't watch Youtube from this device but I'll return to take a look at the videos.

Texasteel
11-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Honestly, I haven't seen that much of Matthews, but from what I have seen, he hasn't blown me away. Personally, as crazy as it sounds, I don't know that I would absolutely be targeting offensive line early in this one. I think we have a guy who can play left tackle in Kelvin Beachum and between Adams and Gilbert, hopefully Adams, should have a solid right tackle next season. I'd rather sign a veteran behind Beachum and focus on other areas through the draft. Namely, receivers, defensive backs and pass rushers. I still like Kyle Van Noy and Haha Clinton Dix. I do like your support of A.J. McCarron, Dwins. There are a lot of reasons to dismiss him, but despite them all, I feel like he's going to be a good pro. I'll have to take a watch of the receivers you like, can't watch Youtube from this device but I'll return to take a look at the videos.

In the first round I have a one track mind. I like Sammy Watkins, could be out of reach though. Aussie likes him as well and he's got a pretty good eye for talent.
Second round I like Jordan Matthews, pretty good blood line there, no not that blood line, he's a cousin of Jerry Rice.
Third or fourth round is the round that has my eye, I have two names for ya, Jared Abbrederis, and Devin Street
Later on in the draft I really like L'Damian Washington. Likely will need some time to work on route running.

Shoes
11-21-2013, 09:14 PM
What's the beef on Lwean?

You folks may have seen this article..

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/2550/mel-kiper-jr-2014-draft-flush-with-left-tackles

Dwinsgames
11-21-2013, 09:37 PM
What's the beef on Lwean?

You folks may have seen this article..

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/2550/mel-kiper-jr-2014-draft-flush-with-left-tackles

off field red flags such as this http://www.washtenawwatchdogs.com/4/post/2013/08/the-cover-up-of-the-arrest-of-university-of-michigan-football-player-brendan-gibbons-for-rape.html

and on field issues such as this http://www.bing.com/search?q=Taylor+Lewan+Dirty+Player&FORM=QSRE1 ( just a bing search of Lewan as dirty player ) the results are enormous he is a Richie Incognito like player ( Incognito voted dirtiest player in the league more than once a vote by the players ) just don't want that sort of player representing the Steelers

Shoes
11-21-2013, 09:42 PM
What the crap's the matter with these kids?

Dwinsgames
11-21-2013, 09:49 PM
What the crap's the matter with these kids?

society itself is not a good place , every generation it gets worse but that is another discussion ...

take away the off field stuff and I am still only luke warm with him because I don't like dirty play . he is too good to have to resort to that sort of thing ....

I have no issue with a lineman having a nasty streak in fact I prefer it but there is a line you do not cross and he crosses it for me

Texasteel
11-21-2013, 10:25 PM
I think there are enough good player that will be available that we don't have to take a kid we are not comfortable with.

Dwinsgames
11-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Matthews ( 75 at LT ) vs Alabama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icjr3eF-HpM

Texasteel
12-01-2013, 01:52 PM
If you've had a chance to watch the last two Iowa games. Sherff is really looking good right now.

Dwinsgames
12-02-2013, 03:56 PM
If you've had a chance to watch the last two Iowa games. Sherff is really looking good right now.

he is earning his first paycheck right now and is looking for it to be 7 figures not 6 ......