PDA

View Full Version : LeBeau is happy to be 'home'

tony hipchest
08-10-2010, 12:34 AM
they say in 52 years he has never missed a game, practice, or day at work...

that is until the HOP drug him away.

eat that, brett favre.

Saying he couldn't wait to get back "home," defensive coordinator and new Hall of Famer Dick LeBeau returned to training camp Monday afternoon, getting hugs from players and loud cheers from fans as he walked onto the practice field.
"I wasn't going to stay away any longer," LeBeau said. "I came back home. This is my family. That's what it's like for me."

"I enjoyed floating and I was worried about it for a while, but I'm not going to worry about it anymore," LeBeau said. Then he added, "I couldn't wait to get back."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10222/1078894-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0wHAaPLHT

Despite talking about most of the defensive starters, LeBeau said he regrets that he forgot to mention his linebackers, especially James Farrior, James Harrison and Larry Foote.
"I think I did a good job from an emotional standpoint," Le*Beau said. "I made myself a promise I wouldn't cry, and I couldn't look over at the players or I would have. So I looked at a lot of people I didn't know."

lebeau did mention the entire LB unit (i took that to mean that they are the straw that stirs the drink and needs no introduction). Pgh is "LBU" afterall.

other than that, he did mention all other 7 defensive starters by name. the corps of LB's should be proud, and dick hold no regrets.

Mattsme
08-10-2010, 01:15 AM
When LeBeau gets to be as old as Favre, then he can skip a little training camp too.

brett favre

SteelerSal
08-10-2010, 06:58 AM
I still can't get over his HOF speech...class guy without one selfish bone in his body.
Over half of his speech was talking about other players and coaches and not himself. He gives total credit for anyone he has been associated with in his football life with helping him finally get to where he belongs....Canton!