PDA

View Full Version : Rumormongering persists at NFL Network

stillers4me
11-16-2013, 12:52 PM
The NFL Network received such an enormous response from its report Sunday that Ben Roethlisberger wanted to be traded and that in the past offseason the Steelers ''fielded offers" for him -- all vehemently denied -- that it came back Thursday night with a full dose of rumors and speculation about the team.

Let’s review some of the accusations made by NFL Network commentators:
The cheapest shot: Michael Silver, a decorated and respected writer, said this about Roethlisberger: ''... away from the facility he is not Peyton Manning."

That happens to be true and it happens to be meaningless. The easiest way to make someone look bad is to compare him to the best. Of course he’s not Peyton Manning away from the field. No one is..............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/smizik-on-sports/2013/11/16/Bob-Smizik-Rumormongering-persists-at-NFL-Network/stories/201311160165#ixzz2kptwsA2F

The Bark
11-16-2013, 02:09 PM
It's ridiculous for one simple reason: the article and its timing implies such a thing doesn't matter as long as the Steelers are winning. That being said, I have, in the past, been critical of the coaching staff for not shoring up weaknesses that were apparent week in and week out which translates to what I just said: doesn't seem to matter to them as long as they're winning.

fansince'76
11-16-2013, 02:18 PM
The cheapest shot: Michael Silver, a decorated and respected writer, said this about Roethlisberger: ''... away from the facility he is not Peyton Manning."

Respected by whom? I've always thought Silver was a douche.

Craic
11-16-2013, 02:59 PM
I've gotta say he's right on the money on all but Tomlinson. What he said wasn't based on rumors, it was based on what he saw, and what he experienced in San Diego. LaD. T. may be wrong, and I think he is, but that doesn't put what he said in the same camp as the others.

BigNastyDefense
11-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Who the hell knows what Ben is doing when he's not at the facility? If Ben says that he is watching film and reading his playbook at home, I'll take him at his word. The man has one of the best winning percentages ever, two Super Bowl rings, three AFC Championships, four AFC Championship Game appearances, and has never had a losing season in his career.

steel striker
11-17-2013, 07:41 PM
All Silver usually does is blow smoke up Aarron Rodgers behind and, the these false reports come from the tge total BS network.