PDA

View Full Version : Steeler -Lion prediction thread

zulater
11-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Tell me I'm wrong please, but this looks like a nightmare match-up for the Steelers. :nervous: I just hope we can get out of it without major injuries.

My prediction Lions win 30-20, and it wont be as close as the score. Steelers tack on a late touchdown, but the game will have long been decided.

Seven
11-14-2013, 10:07 PM
24 - 17, Lions win. Stafford is one hell of a quarterback, I'm excited to watch him play. He has some Ben in him. Calvin Johnson has been missing practices so maybe if he's not himself on Sunday the Steelers have a chance, I think he accounts for close to 60% of their team offense. If Johnson is 60%, Reggie Bush is probably 30%. He's averaging close to 5 yards a carry this year and has 34 receptions. On defense the Steelers offensive line is in for possibly their worst day yet if they don't pull one out of a hat. Suh and Fairley are a little overrated in my estimation but they will provide solid pressure inside nonetheless. Willie Young is a guy who has impressed me when I've seen the Lions this year. I think he only has 4 sacks but he seems to get pressure on almost every snap. The rookie Ansah has a few sacks, Israel Idonije can still play and they just signed Austin Lane who is talented but never put it together in Jacksonville. I think the defensive backs can be taken advantage of if Ben gets enough time to throw. There are some big names there but from what I've seen they are playing rather poorly. Ultimately I think the pressure is too much for the offense to put up more than 14 - 21 points, which won't be enough if Johnson plays at full strength.

Shoes
11-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Lions 28-13

st33lersguy
11-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Lions 31 Steelers 17. Buffalo is a bad team

Mistah Q
11-14-2013, 10:42 PM
27 - 27

tie.

Dwinsgames
11-14-2013, 10:50 PM
27 - 27

tie.

and Bettis calls the coin toss and all the world hears it except for the Official on the field who says he called the opposite , Lions get the ball and the Win .............

Oh wait ......

Lions 45

Steelers 17

no way we contain Calvin Johnson I don't even see a scenario where we slow him down much without a dominant pass rush and we simply put do not have that anymore

st33lersguy
11-14-2013, 11:04 PM
No way we stop Calvin Johnson or Matthew Stafford. Their O-line has given up the fewest sacks in the league with 10, meaning no sacks, and even Reggie Bush is having a really good year. It's going to be another long day for the defense.

Psycho Ward 86
11-14-2013, 11:10 PM
34-19 lions

Steeldude
11-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Hopefully Eric Hipple isn't the QB. I don't want another Thanksgiving Day massacre.

tube517
11-14-2013, 11:25 PM
Lions 28, Steelers 16. That's 4 trips to the red zone. 3 FGs. Only one TD.

blackngldblood
11-15-2013, 12:42 AM
I'm gonna take the least traveled road and say the Steelers win 26-16. Why? Well I just got a feelin' and that's made many a poor man rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

fansince'76
11-15-2013, 12:48 AM
I'm gonna take the least traveled road and say the Steelers win 26-16. Why? Well I just got a feelin' and that's made many a poor man rich.

:applaudit:

They're 6-3, not 9-0 - and they're 3 points removed from being 4-5. Any given Sunday.

blackngldblood
11-15-2013, 12:49 AM
They're 6-3, not 9-0 - and they're 3 points removed from being 4-5. Any given Sunday.

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

fansince'76
11-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Lions 31 Steelers 17. Buffalo is a bad team

So are the Rams, supposedly, but they kicked the snot out of the Colts in Indy. Yeah, the same Colts that beat the Broncos, 49ers and Seahawks.

The NFL is not the NCAA. The difference between "good" and "bad" teams in the NFL really isn't that great.

steelreserve
11-15-2013, 02:15 AM
This is not that different from the Lions who went 4-12 last year. Most of their wins this season are over teams that are all fucked up and have no QB or an injured QB. I don't think they've beaten a team with a winning record except the Bears.

We've definitely got a shot at this one, not because we're great, but because the Lions are really not very good. I'm going to say 21-16 Steelers, and we were winning comfortably most of the game and it was only close because they scored a TD with about 45 seconds left, and failed the two-point conversion and didn't get back the onside kick.

Count Steeler
11-15-2013, 04:52 AM
Heinz Field becomes a factor. Steelers 23 Lions 19

Steeldude
11-15-2013, 07:07 AM
It's funny how the people(not all) who have labeled people as haters for predicting a Steelers loss are now predicting one themselves :heh:

Hawkman
11-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Steelers-24
Lions-20

NCSteeler
11-15-2013, 07:53 AM
I'd like to see the confluence and some swirling winds play a factor. I certainly think we can win but probability says it's an unlikely scenario. I do think no matter what the turf should slow down Bush.

Edman
11-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Lions 31, Steelers 16.

O-Line is outclassed against the Lions D-Line. Ben is smacked around all day.

Ben chips in with a few untimely turnovers. A Sack Fumble and an INT.

Stafford beats the Steelers Defense, not with Megatron, but with the other receivers.

Ike stops Megatron from taking over the game, but Johnson still makes his presence felt with an End Zone TD catch and a long bomb from Stafford.

Steelers are forced to settle for field goals when Touchdowns make the difference.

Heath Miller has himself a nice game.

Moose
11-15-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm not gonna predict a score, I'm not that good at that, but I personally think this game could be closer than many think. First of all it's supposed to rain, and there could be some storms, so Stafford's passing may be affected. Bush's running may be altered also. Ben will have his typical interception, but hopefully not a major factor. Hopefully our running game picks up the team this time around. With it being at home the 12th player (home crowd) should be a plus. I certainly don't feel real confident with this game, but I think the Black/Yellow sneaks out a Win. Go Steelers

stillers4me
11-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Keisel out with plantar faciitis. Woodley out. Foster out. It's gonna be ugly.

tube517
11-15-2013, 07:19 PM
So are the Rams, supposedly, but they kicked the snot out of the Colts in Indy. Yeah, the same Colts that beat the Broncos, 49ers and Seahawks.

The NFL is not the NCAA. The difference between "good" and "bad" teams in the NFL really isn't that great.

Don't make me post the NFL power rankings, which will determine if the Steelers make the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl. :chuckle:

ALLD
11-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Loins 27
Steelers 19

Dwinsgames
11-15-2013, 08:13 PM
It's funny how the people(not all) who have labeled people as haters for predicting a Steelers loss are now predicting one themselves :heh:

some people are ahead of the curve , some people are behind the curve and yet some other people get hit by the curve

steelerdiva
11-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Steelers 20 Lions 17...won't be too pretty to watch, but a "W" nevertheless.

Seven
11-15-2013, 11:45 PM

1. Is this directed at me? 2. What is a hater? 3. There is a big difference between predicting a lose based on matchups compared to predicting loses regardless of opponent because "the Steelers suck," in my opinion.

Steeldude
11-16-2013, 02:48 AM
1. Is this directed at me? 2. What is a hater? 3. There is a big difference between predicting a lose based on matchups compared to predicting loses regardless of opponent because "the Steelers suck," in my opinion.

I didn't list anyone by name.

According to the many people who use the term "hater" it means you either hate the Steelers because you are not a lemming or your opinion does not agree with their own.

Mistah Q
11-16-2013, 02:59 AM
Our team is clearly not as bad as some of the 0-16, 1-15 teams of the past decade, so it goes without saying that on any given Sunday, there's a chance...

But we still are pretty bad. I won't be shocked if we win but I'm kind of expecting to get creamed...

That said, we have a lot of elements that on their own in theory look pretty good, but for whatever reason just haven't "gelled" into a good team. If anything we should have suspect LT play but from LG to RT be as dominant as anyone in the league. Hasn't worked out that way.

But just as much as 4-12 wouldn't surprise me, It's conceivable it could all come together and we finished 9-7. I think that would be a travesty though, because at this point the only thing we're playing for is a worse draft position. I have more faith in Haley than most people... but I don't really think I have enough faith in Tomlin or Bicknell for that to happen.

I imagine if I predict a loss for the rest of the season, I'll be right more often than not.

86WARD
11-16-2013, 06:38 AM
Lions 33
Steelers 16

vader29
11-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Steelers get blown out 63-0, the half-filled stadium completely empties at halftime, forums all across Pittsburgh are spammed with threads calling for coaches and players to be fired or cut immediately, Tomlins opening post game comment starts off with "Obviously it is what it is and we will obviously have to evaluate everything in practice this week to be better prepared for next weeks game.", no questions are asked as all three of the reporters that are there just shake their heads, mods at SU contemplate changing the forum name to either penguinsuniverse.com or piratesuniverse.com and finally later that night Ian Rapoport tweets that his sources for the Ben trade rumors were just disgruntled forum users from steelersuniverse.com.

:chuckle: Just kidding, Steelers win 24- 21.

stillers4me
11-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Steelers get blown out 63-0, the half-filled stadium completely empties at halftime, forums all across Pittsburgh are spammed with threads calling for coaches and players to be fired or cut immediately, Tomlins opening post game comment starts off with "Obviously it is what it is and we will obviously have to evaluate everything in practice this week to be better prepared for next weeks game.", no questions are asked as all three of the reporters that are there just shake their heads, mods at SU contemplate changing the forum name to either penguinsuniverse.com or piratesuniverse.com and finally later that night Ian Rapoport tweets that his sources for the Ben trade rumors were just disgruntled forum users from steelersuniverse.com.

:lol:

Devilsdancefloor
11-16-2013, 09:39 AM
steelers 23
lions 20

Ike keeps megatron in check, but bush runs wild. but i got a good feeling about this game

steel striker
11-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Well I know we could not cover Gronk or most of the cheats wr's/te and, most people will say how the hell can we contain Megatron? Good question but, he is a little banged up plus this game is at home not in a dome so I say we have a chance. The line must protect Ben then we have a chance but, our defense must play solid even have said all these things I have a good feeling. Since all of the BS comments about Ben this last week and, he is going to put a show on this week 31-10 steelers. I can see how pissed Ben is and, I hope he takes it out on the Lions.

Psycho Ward 86
11-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Well I know we could not cover Gronk or most of the cheats wr's/te and, most people will say how the hell can we contain Megatron? Good question but, he is a little banged up plus this game is at home not in a dome so I say we have a chance. The line must protect Ben then we have a chance but, our defense must play solid even have said all these things I have a good feeling. Since all of the BS comments about Ben this last week and, he is going to put a show on this week 31-10 steelers. I can see how pissed Ben is and, I hope he takes it out on the Lions.

lol wasnt he banged up against the cowboys

tube517
11-16-2013, 04:12 PM
lol wasnt he banged up against the cowboys

True, but we don't have a loudmouth WR like Dez Bryant talking shit either.

Psycho Ward 86
11-16-2013, 04:40 PM
True, but we don't have a loudmouth WR like Dez Bryant talking shit either.

im gonna have to say were fucked as far as covering megatron goes. funny how much confidence a sloppy win against a bad team with a rookie qb builds on this forum

tube517
11-16-2013, 04:46 PM
im gonna have to say were fucked as far as covering megatron goes. funny how much confidence a sloppy win against a bad team with a rookie qb builds on this forum

Yeah I was referring to him being hurt and his performance that day which was obviously motivated by dumb fuck dez. He is going to be all over Heinz Field tomorrow. I hope we aren't dumb enough to make it worse by talking shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

vader29
11-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Looks like it will be raining with winds around 15-20 mph throughout the game so maybe Detroit won't be able to pass as well as they do in the dome.

Psycho Ward 86
11-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Looks like it will be raining with winds around 15-20 mph throughout the game so maybe Detroit won't be able to pass as well as they do in the dome.

then we're going to enjoy the reggie bush show with our 4th to last run defense.

anyone know if nate burleson is playing?

Dwinsgames
11-16-2013, 06:09 PM
then we're going to enjoy the reggie bush show with our 4th to last run defense.

not sure if he is back or not yet from that car accident

st33lersguy
11-16-2013, 08:01 PM

Plus, then we won't be able to pass well either, and will have to rely more on our bottom 10 rush offense which is up against a top 10 rush defense

steelerdude15
11-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Lions 34 Steelers 24

fansince'76
11-17-2013, 03:50 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: