PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notes: Roethlisberger has no problems with coaches

tube517
11-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he enjoys working with all members of the offensive coaching staff, denying an NFL Network report to the contrary.

“(Todd) Haley and I have a great (relationship),” the quarterback said Tuesday on his radio show. “Our relationship has grown so much. It's becoming a really good relationship. ... I'm excited to work with coach Haley and the rest of the offensive coaches.” He was especially effusive in his praise for QBs coach Randy Fichtner.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/5045531-74/season-tomlin-steelers#ixzz2kZv0qk3p
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

:hockeyfight: :chuckle:

Seven
11-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Sometimes I think Ben fudges the truth a little, as most players do. But as far as the stuff that has come out over the last couple of days (trade rumors; Haley) I actually believe him. I still think Haley hasn't shown us enough success in his role as OC, but I don't think he and Ben have any major issues.

fansince'76
11-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Sometimes I think Ben fudges the truth a little, as most players do.

I think Ben does more than his share of trolling the media just to get a reaction as well.

Dwinsgames
11-14-2013, 12:24 AM
I have not been privy to be a " fly on the wall " inside meeting rooms or practices etc so I have no clue ....

all I ask is this , what would you expect him to say ? I hate the guy ???

a straight truthful answer will only come if they really do have a good relationship , the problem with that is you will not know for sure if it is the truth or not .... that is not a Ben / Haley thing that is 99.999 % of player /coaches around the league ,,,

when they say otherwise they end up like Ed Reed .... unemployed

Mistah Q
11-14-2013, 10:59 AM
I believe Ben in this instance...

But consider for a moment he really did ask his agent (or his agent decided on his own) to seek out a situation where Ben can finish his career with a decent O-line and a chance to take home another ring or two. Or where Ben gets to basically run the offense. Whatever the motivation.

What would you expect him to say? Of course he's going to be the consummate team player until all is said and done. And even when he was gone he'd frame it as "I love the city of Pittsburgh and thank them for everything, this decision will help the Steelers for years to come, bla bla bla". No matter what truth might lie beneath, he's not going to talk smack about anyone.

Dwinsgames
11-14-2013, 11:05 AM
I believe Ben in this instance...

But consider for a moment he really did ask his agent (or his agent decided on his own) to seek out a situation where Ben can finish his career with a decent O-line and a chance to take home another ring or two. Or where Ben gets to basically run the offense. Whatever the motivation.

What would you expect him to say? Of course he's going to be the consummate team player until all is said and done. And even when he was gone he'd frame it as "I love the city of Pittsburgh and thank them for everything, this decision will help the Steelers for years to come, bla bla bla". No matter what truth might lie beneath, he's not going to talk smack about anyone.

especially considering Ashley is a Laural Spartan ( 40 min from the Burgh in Lawrence county just outside of New Castle ) her entire family is from this area he would not want to cause them any undue ridicule

Mistah Q
11-14-2013, 11:09 AM
especially considering Ashley is a Laural Spartan ( 40 min from the Burgh in Lawrence county just outside of New Castle ) her entire family is from this area he would not want to cause them any undue ridicule

True story - I dated a girl from Laurel, and went to her Senior Prom there. Ashley would have been a Junior that year (The schools around there weren't huge, Juniors and Seniors went to the same Prom) - didn't know her personally and no idea whether she went to Prom but assuming she did I was at the same Prom with Ben's wife :chuckle:

tube517
11-26-2013, 08:15 AM
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/11/25/ben-roethlisberger-show-ravens-week-demands-mental-toughness/

For a second straight week, the Steelers no-huddle performed well. So, who calls the plays when Pittsburgh goes no-huddle?

“It’s 98, 99 percent me,” Ben said. “Every once in a while, Todd will say, ‘Think about this’ or ‘Don’t forget about this play.’ Usually, I ask him to stay out of my head when I’m at the line of scrimmage calling things, but every once in a while he’ll call something that he thinks looks good. But, a lot of it is done on the sideline.”

:attack: :chuckle:

cold-hard-steel
11-27-2013, 09:55 PM
I ain't shittin you ......i have answers to questions that have not even been ask yet !!!!!!!!