PDA

View Full Version : Jets not optimistic Darrelle Revis deal will get done before season

polamalubeast
08-09-2010, 10:34 PM
CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Since Darrelle Revis did not report to training camp eight days ago, the Jets have been asked the same question: Are you optimistic a new deal can be struck before the season?

Today, the answer changed.

“The answer is no,” owner Woody Johnson said.

Johnson made an even stronger statement in a one-one-one interview with ESPN E:60, saying his “gut feeling” is that Revis will not play for the Jets this season.

read more

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/08/jets_not_optimistic_darrelle_r.html

Galax Steeler
08-10-2010, 03:52 AM
Let the over paid whinny butt set out the season. At first I wished the Steelers would have drafted him but know I am glad they didn't.

SirHulka
08-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Whatever happened to honoring the contract you were so happy to sign 3 years ago?

Let him rust on the bench.

klick81
08-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Wow, what a greedy SOB. I guess the millions he's currently making are not enough. Ride the pine asshole!

Nadroj 20
08-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Look at Chris Johnson http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/09/chris-johnson-expects-big-payday-from-tennessee-titans/

He is at camp and is going to play this year and then get the big deal next year and hes is making a hell of a lot LESS then Revis.

venom
08-10-2010, 12:41 PM
What can be done is give Revis a contract with a huge first year & a huge signing bonus due to a no cap year coming .

SirHulka
08-11-2010, 04:38 AM
What should be done is to expect him to honor the contract he signed.

Killer
08-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Good luck with that.

Report: CB Revis, Jets are $40 million apart

According to the NY Daily News, the Jets and Darrelle Revis both have 10-year contract proposals on the table, but the sides are $40 million apart.

The $40 million doesn't even include signing bonuses and guaranteed money.

steelerdude15
08-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Good luck with that.

Report: CB Revis, Jets are $40 million apart

According to the NY Daily News, the Jets and Darrelle Revis both have 10-year contract proposals on the table, but the sides are $40 million apart.

The $40 million doesn't even include signing bonuses and guaranteed money.
It's absolutely ridiculous the contract he's trying to get. The Jets are offering a 10-year, $120 million dollar deal, while he is trying to get a 10-year, $160 million deal, are you out of your mind? I'm starting to get sick of this greedy punk.

Killer
08-11-2010, 06:38 PM
I hope he sits out the whole year - but that's just me.

That'll teach Rex

MasterOfPuppets
08-11-2010, 10:22 PM
I hope he sits out the whole year - but that's just me.

That'll teach Rex

and me

if more owners would "draw the line in the sand", and shows these greedy ungrateful fucks they're willing to move on without them, these greedy diva tantrums would stop.
his agent should do him a favor and remind him the jets OWN his ass for 3 more seasons. the owner should send him a letter telling him if he's not going to show up he should send in his retirement papers, cause he'll never play in the NFL again till he finishes that contract.

steelerdude15
08-11-2010, 11:20 PM
and me

if more owners would "draw the line in the sand", and shows these greedy ungrateful fucks they're willing to move on without them, these greedy diva tantrums would stop.
his agent should do him a favor and remind him the jets OWN his ass for 3 more seasons. the owner should send him a letter telling him if he's not going to show up he should send in his retirement papers, cause he'll never play in the NFL again till he finishes that contract.
I agree with you on that one.

BnG_Hevn
08-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Why don't they just trade him, I'm sure the Redskins would give 2 first rounders and throw a ton of money his way.

vasteeler
08-13-2010, 11:45 AM
why can they not sue him for breach of contract?

xX-TSK-Xx
08-13-2010, 02:24 PM
I don't understand why the Jets are letting Revis hold them hostage. They have the leverage. He is under contract and there is no way he is going to sit a season out. That would be near career suicide. No one is going to be willing to pay Revis super high dollars when he has not played in a over year.

If I were Rex Ryan I would tell the front office to cut off contact with him and I'd tell him his starting position is going to be lost if he does not show up to camp immediately. They drafted Kyle Wilson for a reason.

SteelCityMan786
08-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Darelle Revis is quicky burning his respect bridge. Personally I want to see a rule in the NFL(In fact, ALL PROFESSIONAL SPORTS LEAGUES) that requires that ALL PLAYERS wait until the last year of their contract to negotiate any new deals unless the team decides to initiate the process, and if they refuse to honor they should be fined 2 months pay PER DAY. If they refuse after 1 week, then their contract becomes invalid, and they're released automatically. Also a year cap(No more then 7-8). The owners need to get it through the Players Union's head that these actions are why the NFL's CBA has been nullified to be completed at the end of this season.

Revis is NOT WORTH 160 MILLION OVER 10 years. Something like 5 years 50 million is more reasonable for him. Cornerbacks are not worth that much damn money. I can understand a contract like this being given to a guy like Sanchez if he was that well established in the NFL, BUT NOT REVIS.