PDA

View Full Version : Hard to see this defensive gem coming

stillers4me
11-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Two weeks in a row, three weeks in the past five, someone had gone galloping gleefully through the formerly prideful Steelers defense for 100 yards and more.

None of them were named C.J. Spiller or Fred Jackson, the dynamic running back tandem of the Buffalo Bills, but Spiller and Jackson were to get their turn on Pittsburgh's wide-open six-lane highway Sunday, a lane for every rushing touchdown it had allowed in just the past two games.

Meanwhile, a whole herd of Buffalo had just thundered for 241 yards against the ferocious defense of the unbeaten Kansas Chiefs, so you didn't exactly have to be one of those impeccably overdressed NFL analysts (or even the other kind) to see where this was going............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2013/11/11/Hard-to-see-this-defensive-gem-coming-Collier-Steelers-defense-rebounds-in-style/stories/201311110050#ixzz2kMVW1HSd

JayC
11-11-2013, 07:23 PM
i don't think we are as bad as we were against the pats and i don't think we are as good as we played against the bills. we have a middle of the road defense which at the end of the day won't be good enough. we are too inconsistent and this win was nothing more than more false hope.

BnG_Hevn
11-12-2013, 11:38 AM
I think having a rookie QB helped out a bit. This game will do just one thing: Put us back X spots in the draft.

Psycho Ward 86
11-12-2013, 03:17 PM
I think having a rookie QB helped out a bit. This game will do just one thing: Put us back X spots in the draft.

just watch, we'll end up going on fire, winning 8 in a row to make the playoffs, then lose in the 1st round, have to end up drafting near the middle/back of the draft, draft a lot of "meh" players, lose a quarter of our team in free agency, not be able to sign anyone else because our salary cap sucks, and find a way to suck if we somehow overcome these odds :chuckle:

Steelman
11-12-2013, 04:44 PM
just watch, we'll end up going on fire, winning 8 in a row to make the playoffs, then lose in the 1st round, have to end up drafting near the middle/back of the draft, draft a lot of "meh" players, lose a quarter of our team in free agency, not be able to sign anyone else because our salary cap sucks, and find a way to suck if we somehow overcome these odds :chuckle:

No joke, I've been telling all my friends that this exact scenario would be the most probable thing to happen this season, since of course, we are the Steelers. I bet we lose to Detroit next week and then go on aforementioned string of wins. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least. And you can bet your hat I'll be cheering my butt off for some magical playoff appearance/disappointment and afterward promptly chew out the Steelers for not tanking and getting a better draft choice. Isn't that the life of a Steelers fan? :chuckle: :rolleyes:

Count Steeler
11-12-2013, 05:53 PM
No joke, I've been telling all my friends that this exact scenario would be the most probable thing to happen this season, since of course, we are the Steelers. I bet we lose to Detroit next week and then go on aforementioned string of wins. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least. And you can bet your hat I'll be cheering my butt off for some magical playoff appearance/disappointment and afterward promptly chew out the Steelers for not tanking and getting a better draft choice. Isn't that the life of a Steelers fan? :chuckle: :rolleyes:

I don't see this team running the table. We will be in the top 15 for draft picks this year. Hopefully someone has done their homework on the scouting staff.

ALLD
11-12-2013, 08:43 PM
No way 8 in a row. We will be lucky to go 4-4.

cold-hard-steel
11-13-2013, 02:32 AM
you guys are stupido ! sorry