PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Troy Polamalu Gives Steelers Defense Its 'Quarterback Back

polamalubeast
08-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Healthy Troy Polamalu Gives Steelers Defense Its 'Quarterback Back

'1
Comments
Say Something »

8/09/2010 7:28 PM ET By Dan Graziano

PrintAText SizeEmailMore

Dan Graziano
Senior NFL Writer
LATROBE, Pa. -- Troy Polamalu may be the most popular player at Steelers training camp. The Pro Bowl safety gets more hopeful "We Love You!" shouts than anybody else. He stays long after practice to sign just about every autograph for just about every fan who lingers on the grassy hills here at St. Vincent College. His signature cascading hairstyle makes him easy to spot, his soft-spoken earnestness makes him easy to like.

And the fans of the Steelers like him very much.

So do Pittsburgh's other players, who are more than a little bit happy to have him back from the knee injury that cost him 11 of their 16 games last year.

"It's like having our quarterback back," Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said. "Troy's a special player. Probably one of the best players in this league. Every game he's on the field, I tell him I need him to be special. And when he's special, he gives us a chance to win a lot of ballgames."

When he was absent in 2009, it definitely increased the Steelers' chances of losing ballgames. In the five games in which Polamalu played, Pittsburgh was 4-1 and allowed an average of 13.8 points per game. In the 11 he missed, they were 5-6 and allowed an average of 23.2.

read more

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/09/healthy-troy-polamalu-gives-steelers-defense-its-quarterback-ba/

SMR
08-10-2010, 03:37 PM
I'll be wearing my Polumalu home jersey quite a bit during the season!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

zulater
08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Listening to Mike and Mike the last couple mornings with Mark "stink" Schlereth filling in, and stink keeps raving about Revis, saying how he's the best defensive player in football. And all I can think is that I'll take a healthy season of Troy over him or anyone else in the league. While Reavis is undoubtedly an elite player at his best all he can do is eliminate one offensive player. Troy on the other hand creeps into a quarterback and OC's head because he's liable to show up anywhere on the field and blow up the play.

Killer
08-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Doesn't everyone has a 'Troy's Knee' altar in their home?

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/troyaltar.jpg

you never know who might be listening

ALLD
08-10-2010, 07:16 PM
I am already tired of the Revis drama. All he had was one good season. He shut down a bunch of #1 WRs, but it was only one season. And he has no championship.