PDA

View Full Version : Ben is expected to ask for a trade

steelerdude15
11-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Per NFL Network , Ben is incredibly frustrated with the direction of our team and is expected to asked for a trade. What the hell happened?

SteelerFanInStl
11-10-2013, 09:35 AM
I can't say that I blame him. This team has basically been destroyed by the FO and coaches.

steelerdude15
11-10-2013, 09:45 AM
I can't say that I blame him. This team has basically been destroyed by the FO and coaches.

I wonder if there was a huge argument or something this morning.

Spike
11-10-2013, 09:54 AM
I don't blame him one bit either - this organization hired a stinking loser like Haley who has him out blocking on wildcat runs and took away his ability to call audibles at the LOS - what other team treats its franchise QB like that? make that 2 time SB winning QB - certainly not the Pats, nor the Saints or GB.

Just the Steelers - they hired Haley to "teach Ben a lesson" - so how's that working out? Get out while you can Ben - Art II and Tomlin's arrogance and stubborness will run this team into the ground.

zulater
11-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Per NFL Network , Ben is incredibly frustrated with the direction of our team and is expected to asked for a trade. What the hell happened?

First off I don't believe it.

But if there is a grain of truth to it, to answer your question. Todd Haley. That's what happened. We're the only team that decided it would be a good idea to force feed an offensive coordinator that the qb clear hates onto the team.

Bluecoat96
11-10-2013, 09:59 AM
If this in fact true (I do NOT trust the blood sucking media), then I wonder if it's a case of Ben saying something to the effect of either Haley/Tomlin/whoever goes, or trade me. This could also be a case of someone hearing Ben voice his frustrations in an all too familiar overly blunt manner and decided to run with it as he wants out. You know the media and their amazing ability to distort facts.

Devilsdancefloor
11-10-2013, 10:02 AM
if true this makes me sick

smokin3000gt
11-10-2013, 10:09 AM
I also doubt it's true, but Ben has had his hand in the cookie jar too. He needs to realize that failure doesn't fall on everyone's shoulders except his. I would also be disappointed that instead of embracing a challenge and stepping up in his roll to lead the team, he wants to take his ball and go home after a bad season. That speaks louder to me than our record.

Spike
11-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Ben should DEMAND a trade - if Haley and Tomlin aren't fired immediately

go for it Ben

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 10:12 AM
If Ben was anyone but Ben, I could believe it, although I could hardly blame him one bit.

Ben has always said he wanted to finish his career in Pittsburgh. He bought his parents a farm outside of Pittsburgh and they moved there from Ohio. He married a local Pittsburgh girl. He clearly has to be grateful to the Rooney's for sticking with him, through...you know.

But maybe even Ben has had enough of being used as a battering ram.

Hawkman
11-10-2013, 10:13 AM
If this in fact true (I do NOT trust the blood sucking media), then I wonder if it's a case of Ben saying something to the effect of either Haley/Tomlin/whoever goes, or trade me. This could also be a case of someone hearing Ben voice his frustrations in an all too familiar overly blunt manner and decided to run with it as he wants out. You know the media and their amazing ability to distort facts.

I tend to agree with the second part of that statement.

Edman
11-10-2013, 10:14 AM
This whole thing goes all the way back to 2010, when James Harrison called out Ben after Super Bowl XLV. It's not just "Mean Old Coaches" against poor little Ben. The Players have been going after him too. This thing has been festering and it's all coming to a head.

True to form, here come the fans to point the fingers at everyone else, all except Ben.

steelerdude15
11-10-2013, 10:18 AM
First off I don't believe it.

But if there is a grain of truth to it, to answer your question. Todd Haley. That's what happened. We're the only team that decided it would be a good idea to force feed an offensive coordinator that the qb clear hates onto the team.

The local media isn't really reporting anything on it. 93.7 The Fan is talking about it now, but that's about it. I always trust them and I don't trust the national media. Apparently Ian Rapport has botched reports on the Steelers before as well.

Godfather
11-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Oh no! Now who's going to cost us 2-3 games a year with bonehead turnovers?

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 10:19 AM
This whole thing goes all the way back to 2010, when James Harrison called out Ben after Super Bowl XLV. It's not just "Mean Old Coaches" against poor innocent little Ben. The Players have been going after him too.

So what. I bet Brucie would snatch him up in a nanosecond. Imagine Big Ben and Fitz........... wouldn't surprise me at all if this is what's on Ben's text log as we speak.

Hawkman
11-10-2013, 10:29 AM
They've already changed the headline on The NFL site. SHOCKED!!!

zulater
11-10-2013, 10:30 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000278796/article/steelers-expect-big-ben-to-ask-for-offseason-trade

Godfather
11-10-2013, 10:31 AM
So what. I bet Brucie would snatch him up in a nanosecond. Imagine Big Ben and Fitz........... wouldn't surprise me at all if this is what's on Ben's text log as we speak.

Imagine Patrick Peterson in black and gold. Would be a good deal for both sides. If Bidwill is dumb, we might be able to get him to throw in the Honey Badger.

- - - Updated - - -

Duh, of course it would be an offseason trade. We're past the trade deadline.

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 10:34 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000278796/article/steelers-expect-big-ben-to-ask-for-offseason-trade

It would be stunning to see Roethlisberger play anywhere other than Pittsburgh, but stranger things have happened. Just ask Peyton Manning (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/player/peytonmanning/2501863/profile).

Truer words were never spoken. Big Ben haters...be careful what you wish for.

Hawkman
11-10-2013, 10:35 AM

Absolutely no direct quote from Ben. SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!

bayz101
11-10-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm not seeing any quotes from Ben. Smells like bullshit.

fansince'76
11-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Can't say I blame him if he did. And I've already given my reasons why in other threads.

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 10:47 AM

Bluecoat96
11-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Absolutely no direct quote from Ben. SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!

Exactly.

Although I do think that Ben has been somewhat petty in the past when he's gotten pissed off. I remember when he was pissed at his hometown of Findlay when some negative things were said about him during his rape accusation. He refused to say he was from Findlay in the graphics that appeared introducing the players ingame instead saying he was from Cory rawson. (His elementary school). Petty, and I think he seemed to get over it.

Honestly, I think he's a relatively sensitive guy who tends to react first and think later.

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Ben has never been a quitter.

- - - Updated - - -

Spike
11-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Roethlisberger frustrated with direction of Steelers

His concerns aren’t surprising. In recent years, the Steelers have tried to change the offense to diminish the passing game and return the focus to the running game.

The seeds for a potential conflict were planted not when the Steelers created an oil-and-water relationship between Roethlisberger and Haley but when the Steelers tried to force offensive coordinator Bruce Arians into retirement after the 2011 season.

Most recently, Roethlisberger has expressed concern about the team’s use of the Wildcat offense. With teams that have true franchise quarterbacks rarely if ever taking the ball out of the franchise quarterback’s hands, the shift could be viewed as a belief in the ‘Burgh that Roethlisberger no longer occupies a spot at the top of the sport.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 10:54 AM
The only thing I believe out of this whole report is "Ben is incredibly frustrated."

Bluecoat96
11-10-2013, 10:57 AM
The only thing I believe out of this whole report is "Ben is incredibly frustrated."

Exactly. Speculative journalism at its finest. If Ben wasn't frustrated then I'd worry.

SteelerFanInStl
11-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Truer words were never spoken. Big Ben haters...be careful what you wish for.

exactly

Bluecoat96
11-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Haven't heard squat about this on CBS's pregame show.

smokin3000gt
11-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Haven't heard squat about this on CBS's pregame show.

NFLN talked about it but I haven't seen it anywhere else.

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 11:55 AM

I do wish people would learn to use Tweet Longer for long tweets.... :doh:

Dwinsgames
11-10-2013, 11:55 AM
well it will help expedite our cap issues and the Cards would probably give a 1 for him .....

that being said it is an interesting possibility

Seven
11-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Ben isn't going to request a trade. He might be frustrated with the missteps of management from an offensive standpoint (Arians out, Haley in) but it would have to get a lot worse than this before he'd request a trade.

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 11:59 AM

salamander
11-10-2013, 11:59 AM
This team would be fucked if Ben was actually traded.

tube517
11-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Yes! Bring back the days of Kent Graham/Bubby Brister/Korkie/Mark Malone/Cliff Stoudt/Neil "My favorite WR of all time is Larry Brown" O'Donnell/Mike Tomczak/Turnover Tommy "Discount Single Check" Maddox/Jimmy "He's starting due to my gut instinct" Miller.

86WARD
11-10-2013, 12:01 PM
I can't blame him if the report is true. This team is fucked. Roster-wise - fucked. Cap-wise - fucked. Coaching - fucked.

But I still think it'd be a bad move by the Steelers to deal him...although the draft picks do sound tasty...

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 12:01 PM
This team would be fucked if Ben was actually traded.

well, there's that, too!

HollywoodSteel
11-10-2013, 12:03 PM
well it will help expedite our cap issues and the Cards would probably give a 1 for him .....

that being said it is an interesting possibility

I'm no college football guy, but name me one college QB who could hold Ben's jock? As far as I know there is no Luck in next years draft.

Ben might not be a top 4 right now, but QBs like Ben don't come around often enough to be pleased about losing him.

Polamalu Princess
11-10-2013, 12:08 PM
If this has any truth to it I am very upset.

Dwinsgames
11-10-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm no college football guy, but name me one college QB who could hold Ben's jock? As far as I know there is no Luck in next years draft.

Ben might not be a top 4 right now, but QBs like Ben don't come around often enough to be pleased about losing him.

you never know .... what round did Nick Foles go in again ?

here is my point though ... we are in cap HELL and Ben is a large part of why if we could get a 1st round pick for him it would be mighty tempting

1) we are not going to do shit with our cap situation to get better enough to matter

2) we have more holes in this team than a doughnut shop

3) Ben is aging fast and has taken more hits in his career than anyone I can even think of in the history of the game

4) by the time we have our cap at hand Ben will already be ready to retire

5) Bens decision making has been awful all season ( another sign of decline )

edit just as I typed this and hit submit he tosses yet another pick

salamander
11-10-2013, 12:12 PM
well, there's that, too!

I tell it like it is. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
11-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Trading Ben would be exactly what the fans deserve. I say do it, Steelers. Let them deal with another 25 years of not having a franchise quarterback.

Life is boring as shit right now, and I demand entertainment.

Dwinsgames
11-10-2013, 01:01 PM
what baffles me is everyone that is against it IF we got a package of picks or a 1str rounder considering our cap situation ( maybe you do not realize how dreadful it is ???? ) and how many holes this team has to fill ???

and then consider Bens age , his decline in play , and exactly how long it will take to fix this broken team ( and he is due a new contract soon which will make the cap worse ) by the time we have it all fixed he will be retired .... so why keep him if you get the right offer ????????

he will NOT win another SB here because of all the above problems

X-Terminator
11-10-2013, 01:06 PM
what baffles me is everyone that is against it IF we got a package of picks or a 1str rounder considering our cap situation ( maybe you do not realize how dreadful it is ???? ) and how many holes this team has to fill ???

and then consider Bens age , his decline in play , and exactly how long it will take to fix this broken team ( and he is due a new contract soon which will make the cap worse ) by the time we have it all fixed he will be retired .... so why keep him if you get the right offer ????????

You can do all that, and still won't win shit without a guy who can toss the rock. How many times does this need to be proven?

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 01:08 PM
You can do all that, and still won't win shit without a guy who can toss the rock. How many times does this need to be proven?

This.

Dwinsgames
11-10-2013, 01:08 PM

you must have missed the part where Ben will be retired before our cap is fixed and the holes are filled .... last time I checked a retired QB never notched a W for their old team

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Steelers announce on Twitter there will be a statement on the website regarding trade rumor shortly.

Count Steeler
11-10-2013, 01:12 PM
meh, media propaganda.

If he is discontent and there are no changes on the horizon, I can't blame him. He is not winning another SB in Pittsburgh. I say we are at least 3 years away from being legitimate contenders. Of course, this is predicated on the fact that the coaching staff wakes up or is changed. It is also assuming we have 2 or 3 outstanding drafts. Again, history is not on our side here either.

X-Terminator
11-10-2013, 01:14 PM
you must have missed the part where Ben will be retired before our cap is fixed and the holes are filled .... last time I checked a retired QB never notched a W for their old team

And you're absolutely sure of this? That he'll be retired before the team is fixed? Do you realize that players, especially QBs, are having longer careers these days? Yeah, Ben has taken a beating, but that does not mean he will be retired before age 40. So in other words, I am not convinced at all that he will be retired before the team is a viable contender again.

silver & black
11-10-2013, 01:16 PM

Yea. How could he not be? That said, if there is a shred of truth to this (I really doubt it), he'd look awesome in Silver and Black! :jolly: :wink02:

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 01:16 PM
We are more likely to trade Pouncey.

Dwinsgames
11-10-2013, 01:19 PM
And you're absolutely sure of this? That he'll be retired before the team is fixed? Do you realize that players, especially QBs, are having longer careers these days? Yeah, Ben has taken a beating, but that does not mean he will be retired before age 40. So in other words, I am not convinced at all that he will be retired before the team is a viable contender again.

nobody can be 100% sure , but considering his decline in play and the continued beating I wouldn't bet against it besides a large part of the cap problems is his contract and it is due to be renewed at the end of next season I believe ( which will make things worse not better ) ....

Ben is responsible for 15 turnover to this point in 2013 at this rate 30 is in his sights for the season ( I call that decline )

XxKnightxX
11-10-2013, 01:23 PM
I don't get why people get so bitter with the notion of trading Ben. "We will get another 25 years of crappy QBs". So we're going to have him end his career in this ulcer hole of a situation that were in? Yeah that's showing gratitude for taking blows and shots from this shit O line after helping us appear in 3 SB and winning 2 of them. . No way though , Let him rot with the rest of the team. Why not do the guy a damn favor and take him where he wants to go. If he wants to leave. Let him leave. Trade him. Teams will be willing to trade a first for him and help us out.

Did it have to come to this? No. Ben should of never been the sacrificial lamb. But that gets pointed to the front office for putting us in cap hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Dwinsgames
11-10-2013, 01:28 PM
We are more likely to trade Pouncey.

and we should

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 01:30 PM
His injuries may hinder that though.

Dwinsgames
11-10-2013, 01:37 PM
His injuries may hinder that though.

perhaps but a 24 year old 3 x all pro should still get plenty of consideration , I just do not believe he is worth 10x what Valesco is now getting and that is close to what he will be looking to get in his next contract

smokin3000gt
11-10-2013, 01:52 PM
I don't get why people get so bitter with the notion of trading Ben. "We will get another 25 years of crappy QBs". So we're going to have him end his career in this ulcer hole of a situation that were in? Yeah that's showing gratitude for taking blows and shots from this shit O line after helping us appear in 3 SB and winning 2 of them. . No way though , Let him rot with the rest of the team. Why not do the guy a damn favor and take him where he wants to go. If he wants to leave. Let him leave. Trade him. Teams will be willing to trade a first for him and help us out.

Did it have to come to this? No. Ben should of never been the sacrificial lamb. But that gets pointed to the front office for putting us in cap hell.

So are we supposed to 'mercy' trade him? It's a business. Win or lose, he's getting paid to be there and the Steelers don't owe him anything. If he wants to win more, he needs to play better and get the team around him to play better. I sure as hell wouldn't trade one of my best players when I needed him most.

Dwinsgames
11-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Steelers President Art Rooney II Statement on Ben Roethlisberger Trade Rumors Posted 40 minutes ago

Contrary to erroneous reports, the Pittsburgh Steelers have not explored trading quarterback Ben Roethlisbergerhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/ben-roethlisberger/54dda34e-9e43-4c57-9397-1143ddced5d6/) and have no plans to do so

but what would you expect them to say at this juncture regardless of what their plans are ( trading deadline has passed for this season ) so IF it is a consideration it would be after the season

XxKnightxX
11-10-2013, 01:54 PM
So are we supposed to 'mercy' trade him? It's a business. Win or lose, he's getting paid to be there and the Steelers don't owe him anything. If he wants to win more, he needs to play better and get the team around him to play better. I sure as hell wouldn't trade one of my best players when I needed him most.

So will his current contract help our cap situation. What about an extension. Can we afford him ? Can we pony up that much money later into his career? Or is he worth more value of trading.

86WARD
11-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Report: Roethlisberger to ask Steelers for trade; agent fires back - CBSSports.com (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24214077/report-roethlisberger-to-ask-steelers-for-trade-agent-fires-back)

Ryan Tollner, who representes Roethlisberger, disputes Rapoport's report.

"Ian Rapoport's apparent sources seem to be guessing what Ben feels about the Steelers and being traded," Tollner said Sunday. "This is completely wrong and inaccurate. Ben has always said he wants to play his entire career for the Steelers, and his roots are set firmly in Pittsburgh. He has a lot left in the tank and is 100 percent committed to winning more championships with the Steelers."

smokin3000gt
11-10-2013, 02:06 PM
So will his current contract help our cap situation. What about an extension. Can we afford him ? Can we pony up that much money later into his career? Or is he worth more value of trading.

The FO will look and evaluate everything from cap space, restructuring, draft picks, ect, but his feelings shouldn't be one of the considerations. Personally I'm concerned about his health and longevity with the number of hits he has taken and I don't see them becoming any less frequent with our oline situation.

bayz101
11-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Contrary to erroneous reports, the Pittsburgh Steelers have not explored trading quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and have no plans to do so.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...e-65e716149ac8 (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-President-Art-Rooney-II-Statement-on-Ben-Roethlisberger-Trade-Rumors/2b8f68d9-c9ed-46bd-aa7e-65e716149ac8)

NCSteeler
11-10-2013, 03:47 PM
you never know .... what round did Nick Foles go in again ?

here is my point though ... we are in cap HELL and Ben is a large part of why if we could get a 1st round pick for him it would be mighty tempting

1) we are not going to do shit with our cap situation to get better enough to matter

2) we have more holes in this team than a doughnut shop

3) Ben is aging fast and has taken more hits in his career than anyone I can even think of in the history of the game

4) by the time we have our cap at hand Ben will already be ready to retire

5) Bens decision making has been awful all season ( another sign of decline )

edit just as I typed this and hit submit he tosses yet another pick

Did you seriously just think that Foles could replace Ben, you're crazy. No one has any idea how good or bad Foles will be, he's basically play 2 decent games maybe 3 to date .

NCSteeler
11-10-2013, 03:53 PM
You don't trade your franchise QB. , period. colts let Peyton go for a shot at Luck, you think they would like to undo hat now? This team can be fixed with two or three good decisions in the draft.

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 04:09 PM

See the whole interview here......
(http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/18704-Rapid-Reactions-Steelers-Bills)

steelreserve
11-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Ben is basically unmovable thanks to all the restructures. We'd be stuck with so much dead money that there's no way we could do it without throwing away another season entirely.

oneforthetoe
11-10-2013, 04:48 PM
I love how people here think they can predict the future 5 years down the road in an era where teams go from last to first and vice verse all the time. Ben could easily find himself in a John Elway/Terrell Davis situation a few years down the road. As for the present team, it is no secret we are not very good. However, we have one very good receiver. We have what looks like a possible star ant rb. We have a franchise qb. The d is not as far away, imo, as some think. I think our young lb's are going to be pretty good. The d line will be fine if we can find a nt. We definitely need to revamp the secondary.

I expect us to finish in the 5-11 / 7-9 range this year. This team could easily improve 2 to 3 games next year. That would get us near to above .500. And in the modern NFL that is good enough to challenge for a playoff spot. You make the playoffs, you have a chance with a qb who has been there before. Of course there are no guarantees Ben would get us far into the playoffs, but I like our chances better with that scenario than with some yet to be determined unknown. I can't predict for sure that will happen, but neither can those of you who are predicting years of doom.

zulater
11-10-2013, 04:53 PM
nobody can be 100% sure , but considering his decline in play and the continued beating I wouldn't bet against it besides a large part of the cap problems is his contract and it is due to be renewed at the end of next season I believe ( which will make things worse not better ) ....

Ben is responsible for 15 turnover to this point in 2013 at this rate 30 is in his sights for the season ( I call that decline )

\
His "decline in play" is more imagined than real. Give him a little more consistent protection and he's still a top 5-8 qb in this league.

Dwinsgames
11-10-2013, 04:56 PM
You don't trade your franchise QB. , period. colts let Peyton go for a shot at Luck, you think they would like to undo hat now? This team can be fixed with two or three good decisions in the draft.

I dont think they change a dam thing .... Luck is 1-0 vs manning .... Luck is 1/20th of twhat Manning was salary cap wise too

- - - Updated - - -

\
His "decline in play" is more imagined than real. .

son of a bitch and here I thought he actually threw those INTs and fumbled all those times ...Damn that means we are 6-3 and not 3-6 too , since it was all my imagination forget I said a thing

steelreserve
11-10-2013, 05:07 PM
\
His "decline in play" is more imagined than real. Give him a little more consistent protection and he's still a top 5-8 qb in this league.

If you mean stats, then you're right. He's still on track for a perfectly acceptable season.

Practically speaking, the offense has been an ineffective mess and a total choke-fest, and Ben has been a part of that. He's missed throws this season that made we wonder if I was hallucinating that he was wearing #8. He hasn't been right at all.

Nadroj 20
11-10-2013, 05:16 PM

I don't think we should or would trade Ben either, but I do not think the colts would change what they did. Luck is pretty good plus they will have him for 12 more years and Manning is great but they would have only had him a few years. Plus the salary between the two is a big difference as well.

oneforthetoe
11-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Luck is a bad example. A player as NFL ready "sure thing" as Luck come along once every ten years or so. The last one I can think of was named Manning. And remember there were some smart NFL people that thought another qb in the draft would be at least equal to Peyton. Where is Ryan Leaf now? In any case, there are no Luck/ Mannings on the horizon from what I can see.

stillers4me
11-10-2013, 05:24 PM

Peyton Manning fumbles..........trade him!

zulater
11-10-2013, 05:30 PM
I dont think they change a dam thing .... Luck is 1-0 vs manning .... Luck is 1/20th of twhat Manning was salary cap wise too

- - - Updated - - -

son of a bitch and here I thought he actually threw those INTs and fumbled all those times ...Damn that means we are 6-3 and not 3-6 too , since it was all my imagination forget I said a thing

His situation has deteriorated, not his play. This team can't pass block and can't run the ball consistently, the latter the worst of any Steeler team since 69. That and having the league's worst average starting field position have all made Ben's statistics and decision making suffer. Give him average pass protection, an average running game and better starting field position and he's as good as about anyone in the league other than the top 4 guys. Most people have no idea how much average starting field position factors into quarterbacks play.

X-Terminator
11-10-2013, 06:22 PM

See the whole interview here......
(http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/18704-Rapid-Reactions-Steelers-Bills)

And with that, we can put this one to bed, folks. The media may soon overtake lawyers as the biggest bunch of bloodsucking parasites on the planet.

86WARD
11-10-2013, 09:03 PM

Because the Steelers have been ohhhhh sooooo good evaluating talent as of late...lol.

fansince'76
11-10-2013, 09:52 PM

Luck isn't even close to being on Manning's level yet.

Dwinsgames
11-10-2013, 09:59 PM

but he was good enough to defeat him and at the end of the day that is what matters , besides Luck will be winning games long after Manning hangs em up this game is not all about today , tomorrow matters too !

those who do not prepare for the future are doomed to live in the past

Devilsdancefloor
11-10-2013, 10:06 PM
luck is the new brady/manning golden child he gets ALOT of BS calls

as far as Bens p.lay yeah he is fumbling and throwing more Int BUT the trenches in front of him are beyond horrendous. when he gets a few seconds he doesnt make the mistakes

Psycho Ward 86
11-10-2013, 10:19 PM
luck is the new brady/manning golden child he gets ALOT of BS calls

as far as Bens p.lay yeah he is fumbling and throwing more Int BUT the trenches in front of him are beyond horrendous. when he gets a few seconds he doesnt make the mistakes

i disagree, i appreciate ben but he definitely missed some easy easy throws throughout the year. WITH time.

And if he's missing those easy throws because he's feeling "phantom pressure" because of all the pressure he is used to feeling, well he needs to suck it up. He's a veteran quarterback who has been through thick and thin, and the days of missing throws because of phantom pressure should be long behind him. no excuses. just because ben is a reason why we are kept in a lot of games doesnt mean he's not also a reason why we are often kept out of games as well.

Its kind of like how steeler fans used to makes this huge deal about how Ben had the most 4th quarter/OT come back wins in the league from like 2004 to 2008-2010 or something like that. Sure, ben was a huge reason for overcoming those deficits, but a lot of times he was also the reason why we were in those deficits in the first place (via turnovers/easy missed throws). However, he absolutely deserves credit for coming through in the clutch.

On the flipside, i challenge anyone to bring up evidence that Ben has a killer instinct equal in magnitude to that of the Ben Roethlisberger of 2004-2008. Good luck. In that regard, im going to have to say he has declined

tube517
11-10-2013, 10:42 PM
To start, discard the ridiculous report that the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport put out Sunday that Roethlisberger and the team might be planning — lock on those last three words to judge newsworthiness — to part ways at season's end. The report's sources characterized the feelings of a player and the team, yet the report itself never attributes anything to Roethlisberger, his agent Ryan Tollner or Art Rooney II.

Yet another NFLN "reporter" with a bullshit story. GoodHell probably gave his blessing to run the story. :jerkit:

EDIT: Oh, Ian Rapaport was a former beat reporter for the Cheats*. Figures.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/5039855-74/roethlisberger-steelers-ben#ixzz2kJC9GbyU
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

More:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/11/jason-la-canfora-disputes-ian-rapoport-report-about-steelers-trading-ben-roethlisberger/

tihmtahm
11-11-2013, 03:02 AM
Hogworsh! Ben has plenty to be frustrated about... hell... we as fans are hopping up and down coz were so pissed. I think he's handling himself very well for those Sunday tackling dummy drills he forced to participate in... As I sneeze you can hear the subtle words "Bullshit" as I spray the article with the matter clogging my left nostril.

zulater
11-11-2013, 05:09 AM
On his way to the shower Sunday after the Steelers' 23-10 win against the Buffalo Bills, Ben Roethlisberger made it a point to find team owner Dan Rooney. On his way back from the shower, Roethlisberger sought out team president Art Rooney II. His message to both was the same.

"I'm so sorry," Roethlisberger told the Rooneys. "This stuff didn't come from me or my people. There's absolutely no truth to it. It's ridiculous. It's one of the most BS stories that I've ever heard."

This was in response to a report Sunday morning on the NFL Network from insider Ian Rapoport.

"I'm told Ben Roethlisberger is not happy; incredibly frustrated with the direction the franchise is headed. He's frustrated with the coaches and not just [offensive coordinator] Todd Haley, which is why you should expect wholesale offensive changes in the offseason."

Rapoport went on to report that Steelers sources told him "to expect Roethlisberger to ask them in the offseason to explore possible trade options. I'm told the Steelers did field trade offers for Big Ben last offseason; they are expected to do so this offseason."

Both Rooneys told Roethlisberger they never tried to trade him and have no plans to do so.

"I'd retire before I'd accept a trade," Roethlisberger said. "I mean, it would have to be something really, really unbelievable for me to even consider it. I have talked to my wife about that. I don't want to be anywhere else. This is where we want to be."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2013/11/11/Steelers-Ben-will-stick-together/stories/201311110049#ixzz2kKmYDf6l

X-Terminator
11-11-2013, 05:18 AM
On the flipside, i challenge anyone to bring up evidence that Ben has a killer instinct equal in magnitude to that of the Ben Roethlisberger of 2004-2008. Good luck. In that regard, im going to have to say he has declined

That Ben Roethlisberger died in Milledgeville, GA. He definitely has not had the same killer instinct since then.

stillers4me
11-11-2013, 05:27 AM
That Ben Roethlisberger died in Milledgeville, GA. He definitely has not had the same killer instinct since then.

Right after that, he got engaged and married. Not that I blame Ashley, I actually consider her team MVP. But now, I think he's matured and learned there's more to life, more to live for. And I still think the killer instinct is still inside of him. He just needs his new teammates to develop the same attitude. Most of them are long gone.

steelerdude15
11-11-2013, 11:48 AM

I think we could make the argument that certain attributes are declining while others have flourished. I think some of his attributes that have flourished over the past couple of years are his footwork, his pocket presence, and his ability to read defenses. He can still get the job done and is still an elite quarterback IMO.

BnG_Hevn
11-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Luck is a bad example. A player as NFL ready "sure thing" as Luck come along once every ten years or so. The last one I can think of was named Manning. And remember there were some smart NFL people that thought another qb in the draft would be at least equal to Peyton. Where is Ryan Leaf now? In any case, there are no Luck/ Mannings on the horizon from what I can see.

I've read reports and saw some footage of the Manning vs Leaf in the draft and ANYONE who would have chosen Leaf over Manning wouldn't deserve to be in whatever capacity they would be serving a team.

There was ABSOLUTELY NO comparison to the two when it comes to the NFL.

I think when Leaf "admitted" that if he were drafted that high, the first thing he'd do would be to go to Vegas. That speaks volumes in two parts.

1) Total lack of maturity

2) Total lack of brains in the fact he actually put the thought to words

In contrast, everything about Manning screamed maturity and responsibility, from his dedication to practicing speeches to his "being a true student of the game".

As for QBs in general, you don't need a Manning or Marino to win a SB. You need a competent QB who won't choke, a good running game a good, solid defense.

Look no further than the 2000 Ravens. Well, if you look there you will also need a bit of luck, but ...

oneforthetoe
11-12-2013, 01:14 PM
I've read reports and saw some footage of the Manning vs Leaf in the draft and ANYONE who would have chosen Leaf over Manning wouldn't deserve to be in whatever capacity they would be serving a team.

There was ABSOLUTELY NO comparison to the two when it comes to the NFL.

I think when Leaf "admitted" that if he were drafted that high, the first thing he'd do would be to go to Vegas. That speaks volumes in two parts.

1) Total lack of maturity

2) Total lack of brains in the fact he actually put the thought to words

In contrast, everything about Manning screamed maturity and responsibility, from his dedication to practicing speeches to his "being a true student of the game".

As for QBs in general, you don't need a Manning or Marino to win a SB. You need a competent QB who won't choke, a good running game a good, solid defense.

Look no further than the 2000 Ravens. Well, if you look there you will also need a bit of luck, but ...

I agree with you about Leaf. However, the fact remains there were plenty of front office people who did believe that. Plus, Peyton had a rep for not playing great in big games, iirc. A rep that still lingers a little, I suppose.

You sure you want use Marino as an example here. Great qb, but doesn't go with Superbowl in a sentence cleanly. ;)

As for your point about only needing a competent qb, I used to profess that point to anybody who would listen. Now, however, with the rules changes that have opened up the offenses, and made it near impossible to play intimidating physical defense, I think you have to have an elite to near elite qb to win a Superbowl. How many non-elite qb's have won a SB in the last 10 years? Even if you don't think ELI or Joe are elite, they did play like it in their respective Superbowl runs.

Dwinsgames
11-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Did you seriously just think that Foles could replace Ben, you're crazy. No one has any idea how good or bad Foles will be, he's basically play 2 decent games maybe 3 to date .

for the record Nick Foles 16 TDs ZERO ints .....

steel striker
11-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Trade Ben are you freaking kidding me? I know what some of you are saying with the cap numbers but, Qb's like Ben don't come around oh let say hardly ever. Todays win should open some of the eyes of the Ben haters because, when he has just a little protection look how well he plays. Ben is a proven winner and, you don't get rid of players like him in thier prime.

steelerdude15
11-17-2013, 08:57 PM
for the record Nick Foles 16 TDs ZERO ints .....

Since you like to argue stats, how about this when it comes to Foles. In the three games that he started, he played against Green Bay, Oakland, and Washington.

Green Bay: 22nd ranked pass defense, 18th ranked defense
Oakland: 25th ranked pass defense, 16th ranked defense
Washington: 26th ranked pass defense, 27th ranked defense

Those aren't exactly great defenses he's played against. He's also played against other really bad defenses as well this year.

Dwinsgames
11-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Since you like to argue stats, how about this when it comes to Foles. In the three games that he started, he played against Green Bay, Oakland, and Washington.

Green Bay: 22nd ranked pass defense, 18th ranked defense
Oakland: 25th ranked pass defense, 16th ranked defense
Washington: 26th ranked pass defense, 27th ranked defense

Those aren't exactly great defenses he's played against. He's also played against other really bad defenses as well this year.

your point ?

so nobody on Green Bay can intercept passes ?

nobody on Oakland can intercept passes ? ( they picked Ben off twice this year )

nobody on Washington can intercept passes ?

zulater
11-17-2013, 09:33 PM
And yet the Eagles wont even commit to making Foles the starter for the rest of this season, let alone anoint him their 2014 starter.

Dwinsgames
11-17-2013, 10:06 PM
And yet the Eagles wont even commit to making Foles the starter for the rest of this season, let alone anoint him their 2014 starter.

but you KNOW he is going to be ... no way they pay Vick his contract when Foles is outplaying him ( and is cheap )

zulater
11-17-2013, 10:11 PM
but you KNOW he is going to be ... no way they pay Vick his contract when Foles is outplaying him ( and is cheap )

No doubt Vick is gone. But there's still thought in the Eagles hierarchy that their qb of the near future isn't in the league yet.

steelerdude15
11-18-2013, 10:10 PM
your point ?

so nobody on Green Bay can intercept passes ?

nobody on Oakland can intercept passes ? ( they picked Ben off twice this year )

nobody on Washington can intercept passes ?

Just as I said in my original post, he played against teams that have average to poor pass defenses. Look at all of the other teams that have torn up those defenses the past couple of years. It's just not Foles.

Dwinsgames
11-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Just as I said in my original post, he played against teams that have average to poor pass defenses. Look at all of the other teams that have torn up those defenses the past couple of years. It's just not Foles.

most of the league is average or below average .....

top 10 ....

middle 10 = average

bottom 12 below average ....

so that could be said about EVERY QB in the league ...

so again I must ask what is the point you are trying to make that could not be made for every other QB ?

Seven
11-18-2013, 10:17 PM
How the hell is this thread still alive? A Roethlisberger trade shouldn't happen, and isn't going to happen. The end.

steelerdude15
11-19-2013, 08:07 PM
most of the league is average or below average .....

top 10 ....

middle 10 = average

bottom 12 below average ....

so that could be said about EVERY QB in the league ...

so again I must ask what is the point you are trying to make that could not be made for every other QB ?

I think your question is being twisted around. You missed what I was trying to say. Foles has put up good numbers against pass defenses that are not good. Lets see what happens we he faces a top ten pass defense. We'll see if those numbers would stay the same.

Dwinsgames
11-19-2013, 08:27 PM
I think your question is being twisted around. You missed what I was trying to say. Foles has put up good numbers against pass defenses that are not good. Lets see what happens we he faces a top ten pass defense. We'll see if those numbers would stay the same.

there is no place to go but down 16TD , ZERO ints ... eventually everyone throws a pick ..

I wasnt twisting anything you said average to below average ( your words not mine ) .... top ten is cream of the crop so to speak ... everyone else is average to below thus 2/3 of the league falls into that category if you want to better qualify by all means do so ...

is Foles the next great one ? who knows but at this moment in time it is dam hard to argue with his results